• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
K so like, now I agree with Ridley in Smash 4, I've been playing Metroid: Other M.

Game is amazing. I haven't even touched Brawl, I think I'm at the end but I have to go to bed sadly, once I beat it I'ma start using Samus and ZSS but... I hate how in Brawl she sounds obnoxious and kinda mean, when really she's nice and sweet but also serious.

I hope Brawl 4 has new taunts for her, new voice, and something that represents her better.
Oh and Samus needs to be better too, ZSS I think should be changed a little due to just the spam of the dsmash. Make em cooler and up to date plz Nintendo.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Metroid: Other M... tsk tsk. An example of de-evolution. Like watching a reptile, turn back into an amphibian, then fish, then a ****-eating bacterium.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly thought Tom Nook and/or Mr. Resetti would be obvious additions to the roster. Animal Crossing has a set of tools to use as weapons and they managed to turn G&W into a fighter.
Animal Crossing: From being cute and kiddie to being DEADLY WITH AN AXE AND FISHING RODDDD!!!! :laugh:
Yeah. So, answer me this - why bother *****ing about clones if you're going to make the sequel HAVE CLONES?
They love Young Link's play style, and want it back. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. They put the work into this mod, so they deserve what they worked for.
Brawl plus to me has more worth of existence than P:M simply because it wants to be Melee without stupid decisions
In your opinion Brawl plus "Has more worth of existence." Again, no one made you judge. People can mod the game anyways they like.
Can someone convince me that we need Dixie?
No, because the only things you need in life to survive are food, water, and shelter. However, if you don't think you "need" life, that is another story. :laugh:
Really, we don't "need" any character. Saying we "need" someone is a silly argument. Heck, we don't even need Nintendo's mascot, MARIO! Smash doesn't "need" to exist.
Even though I am part of the Capcom community, I completely agree with you. That's why I don't spend my time over at Capcom-Unity anymore. ;)
I wanted to learn a a few Street Fighter II advanced techniques, and all I got was a bunch of denigrating comments about my username from dang near everyone.
People like Other M?
People like Other M, but nobody loves it. The same goes with Pinball. :p People sure do love the other Metroid games though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why has it been so quiet yestersome? (It's 2:31 AM here)). I was all like, talkative, and you guys were all like, quiet... Sad.

Also, to all Zoroark fans (I need an excuse to post this awesome gif)

Freeze/Eat<Zoroark Forever.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's Wednesday and we're busy with crap! :laugh:

But really, maybe the "oh maw gawd, Sakurai is working on SMASH 4ss!!!" hype is dying down.
Yeah, my doctor screwed me over with a note for the school, so I failed. *willnottalkaboutit* Therefore, I got spare time :c

EDIT: Speaking of Pokemon...:

Serebii said:
Pokémon - Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo & Meloetta's Sparkling Rectial

The official site has updated with some further details of the movie. First, it confirmed that the movie shall have distributions of both Keldeo and Meloetta will occur, with Keldeo being the pre-order bonus and Meloetta being in the theatre itself. In addition to that, it updated with a basic plotline of both the movie, and the Meloetta short
For the movie: Ash and Co. head toward Rooshan/Roushan. While on a train passing through the mountains, Ash spots an injured Pokemon he's never seen before, collapsed. This is the phantom Pokemon, Keldeo who is said to be the successor to Cobalion and Co., the masters of the Sacred Sword who protect the world. At that moment, Kyurem appears and begins attacking, changing into Black Kyurem & White Kyurem in doing so. This blocks Ash & co's path to Keldeo. Ash and co. just manage to escape from Kyurem's pursuit, by the skin of their teeth. The battle rages between Kyurem, chasing Keldeo, and the train and hot-air balloon in the sky. Can Keldeo, Ash and co. overcome this danger? In order to save their friends, they need true strength, sincere bravery, and Ash and Co's friendship to awaken the unknown power of Keldeo!
As for the Meloetta short: "Meloetta, the phantom Pokemon, begins its recital when the full moon rises over Whispering Stone. The elegant dance and the mysterious song resonates with Pikachu and friends...wait? What? A sudden sandstorm. The Melody Berries, that were producing music, have been blown away! The recital is in danger of finishing too soon. Pikachu, friends! Go find those Melody Berries!."
A new trailer was also added on the official site, with screencaps being made and added to the section
Cleaned up version of the trailer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, Zoroark won't get in cause of relevancy basically??? :troll:

:phone:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Goooood morning guys!

How is Zoroark overrated what? And how is Arceus overrated half of the Pokemon Fandom dislike it.
Okay, my bad. Arceus is overrrated among pokemon super****. And lots of people consider zoroark super important because he's the first revealed black and white pokemon besides the starters.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Other M seems like a lot of running back and forth, I love the game, but the other Metroids I still need to play so I'm expecting better gameplay cuz of you guys. I have trilogy and Other M downloaded, are there any more besides the classics?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Other M seems like a lot of running back and forth, I love the game, but the other Metroids I still need to play so I'm expecting better gameplay cuz of you guys. I have trilogy and Other M downloaded, are there any more besides the classics?
Sup syrup? Wanna derp the thread before school?:troll:

Also you gotta play the prime series and fusion, those are the best metroid games.

@asgae how many pokemon pictures and gifs have you made since the next game was revealed?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Metroid was the best what I've read. Haven't completed it myself though.

But I like Zero Mission.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My first Metroid game was Fusion, next was Prime 1. Never beat Prime though... And I let someone borrow my Prime 3 about 2 years a go and never got it back :/

Dial Up

Smash Rookie
Pallette swaps for Peach should be Daisy, Rosalina, and Penelope (from the original donkey kong)

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
My first Metroid game was Fusion, next was Prime 1. Never beat Prime though... And I let someone borrow my Prime 3 about 2 years a go and never got it back :/

Prime is a hard game but I love it. The only metroid game I have a problem with is metroid prime hunters. I really dont even know how that game fits in the storyline.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
K so like, now I agree with Ridley in Smash 4, I've been playing Metroid: Other M.

Game is amazing. I haven't even touched Brawl, I think I'm at the end but I have to go to bed sadly, once I beat it I'ma start using Samus and ZSS but... I hate how in Brawl she sounds obnoxious and kinda mean, when really she's nice and sweet but also serious.

I hope Brawl 4 has new taunts for her, new voice, and something that represents her better.
Oh and Samus needs to be better too, ZSS I think should be changed a little due to just the spam of the dsmash. Make em cooler and up to date plz Nintendo.
NO. NO. OTHER M SAMUS IS NOT A GOOD BASIS FOR SAMUS' PERSONALITY.

Trust me when I say most of the damn Metroid fanbase hate it for a REASON.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
NO. NO. OTHER M SAMUS IS NOT A GOOD BASIS FOR SAMUS' PERSONALITY.

Trust me when I say most of the damn Metroid fanbase hate it for a REASON.
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like she showed much personality prior to Other M.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
It's not as hated universally as LC-DDM would have you believe. It's a good game aesthetically, and the plot is kinda eh, but mostly people were just pissed that Samus had... *gasp* emotions!

It was fine. Not everyone's cup of tea plot-wise, but not gut-turningly horrible. I myself loved it, and I've played Metroid since the NES days.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Funny thing is. My interpretation of Samus was not far off what her portrayal was in Other M. Still gotta agree that the plot left more to be desired.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Wasn't Samus' Other M personality closer to what she always had in Japan? That's what I heard, anyway.

Metroid Prime Hunters doesn't fit into the storyline anywhere specifically. It's just a bounty she was hunting. Sylux got a cameo in the Trilogy, though, but the game he was going to star as antagonist in got cancelled, and we can only guess Corruption -> Hunters is a thing. Anyway, that last part is my basis for Sylux in Smash 4 as the third villain. Also note he has a backstory of being chased by the Galactic Federation; the people that frequently hire Samus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
>emotions
>emotionless voice

I encourage you to read this to be enlightened.
I didn't really read it, but apparently you didn't know that the acting for Samus in her monologues was supposed to be detached. Of course, you could argue that Jessica Martin was perhaps to detached in her performance.

And for the Ridley scene, it made sense to me from the beginning considering I read the early chunk of the e-manga. That, and what happens in the beginning of Other M gives you the impression she thinks he's dead for good.

I blame Nintendo for not revealing to the players the backstory that's provided in the manga. You only get a hint of it in that epic Other M commercial, but you're left clueless on Samus' backstory if you're not familiar with the manga. I mean, would it have killed them to include the manga in the game as unlockable content? I'm certain the game would've fared better commercially and critically.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I didn't really read it, but apparently you didn't know that the acting for Samus in her monologues was supposed to be detached. Of course, you could argue that Jessica Martin was perhaps to detached in her performance.
Ummmm... This. I really don't understand what Other M haters expected the monologues to be like, but considering the atrocities Samus has suffered, it makes sense that they're detached. It's almost like she's so used to tragedy and carnage that she recounts it like it's nothing. Did the fans want her speaking with inappropriate amounts of emotion? I didn't.

The narration was fine, and the first time I played through, I honestly got misty eyed at the big, sad spoiler part that I can't post because this is a Quick Reply.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I mean, the Adam Computer in Fusion isn't ever explicitly stated to be Adam Malcovich. It's more of a conclusion that we're supposed to draw. And maybe they'll pull the ol' "Adam isn't really dead because he escaped Sector Zero via an escape hatch before it exploded and caught a ride on a passing meteor then lands magically on the same planet Samus happens to be exploring" trick in a future game.

Hey, it's possible.

Edit: Except I'm stupid and in Fusion it is Adam for sure. Golly, I can be forgetful. Apparently the Federation uploads the minds of great leaders/scientists into computers so they don't lose the good parts when those people die. Huh.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'll chime in.

The problem with Other M is that Samus had a personality before Other M. Samus was basically a female Boba Fett. We was tough and capable. Other M made he whinny and insecure. None of the story makes sense seeing as Smash has been on 6 different missions, 3 if you don't think Prime is canon. She shouldn't be crying, especially when she fights a villain she's killed 4 times before.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'll chime in.

The problem with Other M is that Samus had a personality before Other M. Samus was basically a female Boba Fett. We was tough and capable. Other M made he whinny and insecure. None of the story makes sense seeing as Smash has been on 6 different missions, 3 if you don't think Prime is canon. She shouldn't be crying, especially when she fights a villain she's killed 4 times before.
I disagree. She was a silent protagonist, which doesn't mean the same thing as an emotionless killing machine. There is very little groundwork set to establish what kind of personality Samus has aside from the fact that she's a bounty hunter that kills things. Fusion is about as much of a look into her personality that we'd had before Other M, and it was similar in the way she narrated things. It isn't written anywhere that characters (or even IRL people, for that matter) who are tough can't also show emotion. She wasn't whiny, she was expressing emotions, which people sometimes have.

And as to her reaction to Ridley: Kuma said this above, but she was certain he was dead. This is the monster that brutally killed her parents in front of her face, and she was convinced that she'd never see him again after Zebes was destroyed. Then he pops up on the Bottle Ship, so you can imagine why she'd be surprised.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I disagree. She was a silent protagonist, which doesn't mean the same thing as an emotionless killing machine. There is very little groundwork set to establish what kind of personality Samus has aside from the fact that she's a bounty hunter that kills things. Fusion is about as much of a look into her personality that we'd had before Other M, and it was similar in the way she narrated things. It isn't written anywhere that characters (or even IRL people, for that matter) who are tough can't also show emotion. She wasn't whiny, she was expressing emotions, which people sometimes have.
Silent protagonist =/=No personality.

You can pretty much figure out she is a bad *** bounty hunter from 1)She is a Bounty Hunter and 2)She has been going on impossible mission for years with determination.

Other M re-canoed the character, not created it. Samus always had a personality and it was made from here actions and the logs at the beginning of games. Sakamoto doesn't what that personality and tries to change it.

And as to her reaction to Ridley: Kuma said this above, but she was certain he was dead. This is the monster that brutally killed her parents in front of her face, and she was convinced that she'd never see him again after Zebes was destroyed. Then he pops up on the Bottle Ship, so you can imagine why she'd be surprised.
Ummm, what's not to say she never expected him to come back. Heck, you killed him the first time and you assume he wont come back. He always comes back. He came back in Prime (where you clearly see him fly over the space station), you fighting him twice in Prime 3 and see him again on Zebes before it blows up. She has fought the sdame guy 5 times. 5 TIMES. Why is she crying at time 6 when she damn well knows that he has a tendency to come back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll chime in.

Well, Samus didn't really talk or show emotion in any Metroid game before, besides in Fusion and Prime triology. But yeah, she shouldn't panic as much fighting Ridley... Then again, this might've been the first time Ridley is seen after Samus actually killed him? So that could be a shock to her. If that's not true, Samus might've just been scared cause Ridley was so ugly. :rolleyes:

Nothing of this mathers though. We still have our Anthony Higgs. :yeahboi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom