• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Genesect for me. Zoroark is a close second, though.

Also, Krookodile totally could be playable without any issues, as could almost any Pokemon with enough creativity.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm starting to get on the Zoroark train myself.

Does anyone else think that Victini wasn't the star in his movie? As technically the Dragons were the ones who were given the special attention.

"Now to wait for Asage to freak out or SSBF to magically return and scold me."

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^ yea don't get used to it. Even the Strongest suffer lapses in judgement =P
One day this guy is going to kill me for being overly sarcastic

:phone:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Did I hear the name Zoroark? I've been trying to think of a way how Illusion could work I remember someone made a Zoroark moveset and someone had it as one of her special moves.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did I hear the name Zoroark? I've been trying to think of a way how Illusion could work I remember someone made a Zoroark moveset and someone had it as one of her special moves.
I've been thinking it over, but in the end, this is Smash, not Pokemon, so it's not required.

Ex. Ganondorf with no sword, Wario with made up moves, etc.

Just make it an on-screen appearance and a taunt, and you're golden.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm starting to get on the Zoroark train myself.

Does anyone else think that Victini wasn't the star in his movie? As technically the Dragons were the ones who were given the special attention.

"Now to wait for Asage to freak out or SSBF to magically return and scold me."

Let me think about this for a minute... It obviously needs thought -_-

Also, I ask you not to judge my reaction before response. *Gentlemen's hat appears on head*

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
So does Meloetta. Not that anyone cares (wtf?).

Btw...
freeze/eat=Zoroark.

Victini for Sm4sh :glare:
Asage just has to freeze and eat someone everyday.

Yeah I hope zoroark doesn't get in. I don't know about you guys but he's just about as overrated as arceus.
Honestly I'd love to see deoxys park his *** in the smash roster

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Yeah I hope zoroark doesn't get in. I don't know about you guys but he's just about as overrated as arceus.
Actually, as I'm here, I see that my RP side takes over :I Sorry.
...I will invent the freeze/eat meme :awesome:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

How is Zoroark overrated what? And how is Arceus overrated half of the Pokemon Fandom dislike it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Zoroark's an Event Pokemon. He's weaker than Lucario. Lucario is not an event Pokemon.

Must I freeze/eat another one?
Who cares if it's weaker or not? The Pokemon's strength in game doesn't apply to its strength in Smash heck Jigglypuff was stronger than Mewtwo in Melee but it's not in the actual Pokemon games. And Zoroark will most likely be obtained by regular means in BW2 so..

Deoxys, Snorlax, Blastoise, Rhydon.

:phone:
They are child's play.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Who cares if it's weaker or not? The Pokemon's strength in game doesn't apply to its strength in Smash heck Jigglypuff was stronger than Mewtwo in Melee but it's not in the actual Pokemon games. And Zoroark will most likely be obtained by regular means in BW2 so...
You asked how he was overated. I answered with example.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Zoroark has to be one of the most boring candidates for Smash I've ever seen

People say the DOG is a bad choice, but Zoroark is just... blegh

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How does Zoroark being an event Pokemon make it overrated? Game Freak probably just wanted to give out a unique Pokemon in a different way.
HMM. Illusion is so unique, it sucks. Night Daze<Dark Pulse.

I don't care. Zoroark was a disappointment. Make'em catchable next game.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm starting to think Zoroark is more likely, but I'm still not all that interested in him.

Mewtwo and Lucario (and Jiggs) for the win.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Zoroark has to be one of the most boring candidates for Smash I've ever seen

People say the DOG is a bad choice, but Zoroark is just... blegh
If you suggest anything other than Zoroark/Victini/Genesect/Legendary/Flavor of the Month you get sarcastic responses.

So, basically, most Pokemon ever. If Jigglypuff hadn't been in yet and someone suggested it, people would scoff their scoffers off. Having a random popular Pokemon from the middle of the dex is apparently the stupidest thing ever; all choices must be either legendary, heavily featured in movies, or both.

And to whoever said that Zoroark's Illusion ability didn't need to appear in Smash Bros.: That would only make him more boring.

And to whoever said Zoroark's Illusion ability made him a unique/likely candidate (or whatever word was used): Every Pokemon has an ability. Not all have exclusive abilities, but there are certainly better ones than Illusion. I think it's silly in the Pokemon games (hardly useful except in certain situations), and it'd be silly in Smash Bros. If Zoroark transforms into other characters, then why wouldn't I just play as that character?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Love.

But seriously? "Boring" is so subjective. I think Victini is just as boring. Small flittering creature who uses fire. Not exactly interesting.

Genesect, is god though.
Genesect is the only other 5th gen Pokemon I'll take, and since it's getting revealed next year it has a chance of getting in.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Love.

But seriously? "Boring" is so subjective. I think Victini is just as boring. Small flittering creature who uses fire. Not exactly interesting.

Genesect, is god though.
I think "bland" could be a more objective word. His design is kind of bland, and his abilities as a Pokemon are kind of bland. Illusion is just a glorified Transform.

Also all hail Genesect.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Genesect is the only other 5th gen Pokemon I'll take, and since it's getting revealed next year it has a chance of getting in.
The roster is going to be made most likely within the next six months or less... Genesect is probably OUST of the competition.

That's why it's coming down to Tini and Zoro, IMO.

think "bland" could be a more objective word. His design is kind of bland, and his abilities as a Pokemon are kind of bland. Illusion is just a glorified Transform.
Says you though. When it comes to Tini and Zoro, pick your freaking poison. Tini disgusts me at this point. Weird. I used to hate Zoroark and love Tini.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
The roster is going to be made most likely within the next six months or less... Genesect is probably OUST of the competition.

That's why it's coming down to Tini and Zoro, IMO.
Keldeo and Meloetta might have a slight chance too, not that they have much fan demand or anything I still wouldn't count them out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Zoroark and Tini best embody the 5th gen, like Lucario did for the 4th gen.

Picking Genesect is like picking Darkrai instead of Lucario. It should have been done, but it makes sense why it wasn't.

ANYWAYS, stop thinking about future Pokemon. Unless TPC has some trick up their sleeve, the Pokemon they pick is going to be someone who's already revealed.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You know honestly I wish Bisharp would get in Smash he'd be an interesting character heavy yet fast at the same time.

Just look at that thing it's a beast.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still not too sure about who's the mascot of/embodies the 5th Gen yet, as I've stated in the Discussion Group. It's still early to tell anyway, but I'm leaning towards the Dragons.

BTW, I can't remember/am getting it mixed up with IS, how much control did TPC have in Brawl?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm still not too sure about who's the mascot of/embodies the 5th Gen yet, as I've stated in the Discussion Group. It's still early to tell anyway, but I'm leaning towards the Dragons.

BTW, I can't remember/am getting it mixed up with IS, how much control did TPC have in Brawl?
They were the ones who suggested Lucario to Sakurai, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom