• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where is Kuma? I have a question.

HEY KUMA, whenever you get on, how often are extremely large characters GOOD in most fighting games? Without a doubt Ridely is going to be a the largest character in Smash. So I figured... he's probably going to be either really good... or a really big target. Is their any games where reaaallyy big characters are just DECENT not GREAT or TERRIBLE?
Well, you brought up an interesting thing. I've heard of most big characters either being really good (MvC2 Sentinel) or really bad (Tager), but there have been instances where a big character has been decent. I wanna say Zangief in the current SF4 builds is like this and so are the big guys in KOF which are on the lower end at worst, but not bottom tier. In fact, I heard Daimon was top tier in '98 for his godlike zoning foootsies.

You might wanna ask the Light House people though on this one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Zangief... He's got a move where he thrusts his fists around in a spinning attack where he shouts DIARRHEA, so he's a pretty cool guy to me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Where is Kuma? I have a question.

HEY KUMA, whenever you get on, how often are extremely large characters GOOD in most fighting games? Without a doubt Ridely is going to be a the largest character in Smash. So I figured... he's probably going to be either really good... or a really big target. Is their any games where reaaallyy big characters are just DECENT not GREAT or TERRIBLE?
While Ridley may be the largest, a good chunk of that size would be wings and his tail. Perhaps Sakurai could map his main body and make that the only hittable area that receives damage. A hit to his tail or wing, could push it aside, but would not allocate damage or knockback. Or course, if Ridley uses a wing or tail to attack, than the area can become a hitspace.

Didact

Smash Rookie
A little disappointed about the GameCube controller not being useable but I honestly cant wait, the game and the console are gonna be great. And perhaps the Wii U will put Nintendo back into the forefront of gaming with a powerful console. Here's hoping

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Hey what do you guys think about Opa-opa in the next smash? I know the likelinesses are among the very lowest but I wanna see what everyone's thoughts are.
[COLLAPSE="Opa Opa"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Unless they take out Sonic, I don't see it happening. But I wouldn't mind if there are cameo appearances of SEGA/Konami game series outside of Sonic the Hedgehog and Metal Gear series

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah Opa opa is a more Sega exclusive character, and with the fact that pretty much nobody knows what Fantasy Zone is I don't see opa-opa getting in.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am guessing that Capcom gets two reps. Most people want Megaman, and he did start on Nintendo. I am also betting on Ryu.

Ryu seems to be the mascot of Street Fighter and offers many parallels with Mario. A fireball, a rising fist, ect.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I am guessing that Capcom gets two reps. Most people want Megaman, and he did start on Nintendo. I am also betting on Ryu.

Ryu seems to be the mascot of Street Fighter and offers many parallels with Mario. A fireball, a rising fist, ect.
My money is on megaman getting in. And if they care to clone, totally put protoman.
Maybe even skullman.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Hey what do you guys think about Opa-opa in the next smash? I know the likelinesses are among the very lowest but I wanna see what everyone's thoughts are.
[COLLAPSE="Opa Opa"]
[/COLLAPSE]
If Sonic stays, a definite AT.

Very, Very Unlikely.

A bad easter egg render with wings? Na.
Hey, you're one of those people without a SEGA childhood.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Short’s Top Candidates for Smash 4~

Basically I’m going to just state who I think have the biggest chance at getting in Smash 4. I won’t be going over every series, simply CHARACTERS I think have a good chance at being playable.

Little Mac – Hands down one of the most wanted character at this point. He’s appeared in Smash, so Sakurai at least KNOWS about him. Really, he’s one of those characters that just screams ADD ME!

Ridley – Same thing as Mac, only, we have an interview of Sakurai basically showing that he’s never thought of Ridely as playable material. So, Smash4 is his best shot at being playable.

Samurai Goroh – I don’t have too much to go off of with this guy, except that Sakurai has used him in Melee and Brawl. I figure he’s prominent enough in Sakurai’s mind, he might just be prominent enough to become playable this time around.

Krystal – At the moment, she is one of the two real stand out females. (The other being a monkey lady) She has all the fixin’s Sakurai likes in a character, annnnd, she’s had her Brawl debut. Like Ridley and Goroh, the “I can fight” hint has been dropped.

Toad – Hate him or not, I think if ANY Mario character is going to get in, it’s him. I think he’s probably the most shaky choice I’m going to put up here, simply because WITHIN SMASH, he has appeared, and like Ridley, just never been playable. This leads me to question what Sakurai THINKS of Toad. However, what is different about TOAD is, he’s never shown FIGHTING, or being ROUGH AND TOUGH. You know, something Ridley, Goroh, Isaac, Mac, and Krystal have either been HINTED at, or DO. Regardless, I think he is the best choice, and most likely Mario candidate. Sorry Junior, I wish you were in over him.

Isaac – Like Toad, I am not too convinced of him, but I think he’s one of the big candidates in terms of new franchises.

Saki – See Isaac ^^^

Mii’s – They’re the Miis. Get over it.

Dixie Kong – I don’t care what you say, the fact that she was planned for Brawl kind of makes her sound 100 times more likely than K. Rool.

K. Rool – One of the characters who has a lot of backing up this time around. I don’t think he’s as big of a shoe in as everyone makes him sound, but I think he is a definite choice. His lack of appearance in the latest game doesn’t say much IMO. He’s still K. Rool.

Mewtwo – Without a doubt in my mind, he is the biggest character not in Smash already (Brawl). I figure his consideration is a NO BRAINER. In fact, you hear me correct, I believe without a doubt he is being considered for Smash 4.

Zoroark – Wins the race! Sorry, but Keldeo is a joke, and Victini has some decent points on him, but I’m placing my bet on Zoro. Pretty much the Pokemon chosen is probably either already been revealed by now, or is being revealed VERY SOON. The race IMO is between Tini and Zoro, but I’m placing my bets on Zoro. Oh and I without a doubt believe we will get a gen 5 Poke.

Roy – Is my top choice for now, but if Chrome’s game REALLY DOES make it overseas, I think he has some SERIOUS competition.

Megaman – My token third party bet.

Takamaru – My token retro bet.

Palutena, Medusa, Syrup, Mona, Shulk – I have no idea where to stand on these four, because I think they’re GOOD CHOICES, but from what I can see, we don’t have much to go off of from previous Smash games to say whether or not Sakurai wants them in. I have major doubts about Syrup. And then the other three I’m very up in the air about. HOPING, they’re in, but I have no idea. If either of these ladies get in, it’s going to be one from each series. And if I had to place a bet (Wait I did) I would say Palutena and Mona. Still not convinced though. With Shulk, not only do I have NOTHING in prior Smash to go off of, but, he's pretty much BRAND NEW, and while his games are being well recieved across the globe... I don't know what to think

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The only 5th gen Pokemon I would want at this point is Zekrom, Kyurem and MAYBE Krookodile

I used to like the idea of Genesect becoming a PC for Smash, but honestly, after some thought, there really isn't too much interesting about him

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
GUYS

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE

But here's the deal: *wheeze gasp wheeze*

I saw from my friend's favorite title being "Kid Icarus Preview".

SO THERE'S A KID ICARUS UPRISING'S DEMO IN ESHOP?!!!!

aanf<-klm<fnl-sn slknkglnlg<nl<b

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Y. Horsetail: :facepalm:

But since we're on the topic, it went under the radar but Japan recently got Kid Icarus: OM&M for their Virtual Console. Probably not a big deal other than being another sign at how much Uprising is being promoted.
For those who don't know OM&M is a western exclusive, so this is the first time the Japanese have had to reverse import. :cool:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That may explain why it wasn't listed on Pit's trophy.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@Diddy
When I did a poll in the 3DS thread in January, it was voted 3rd best 3DS game if that means anything to you.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ewwww Zoroark

The only 5th gen Pokemon I would want at this point is Zekrom, Kyurem and MAYBE Krookodile

I used to like the idea of Genesect becoming a PC for Smash, but honestly, after some thought, there really isn't too much interesting about him

Of those four, only Zoroark would work effectively as a playable. At best, Zekrom could be a stage hazard; Kyurem could be a boss; Krookodile could be a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zoroark offers the Illusion mechanic. While I am not sure how it would be implemented in a Smash game, the ability to offer an unique mechanic, as well as being popular, and the (arguably) posterboy for the 5th generation are great reasons for Zoroark to make the cut.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Zoroark is ridiculously popular in Japan, which makes me sad, cause I'd rather see any 5th gen Pokemon before him. He's just another anthropomorphic dog/fox/wolf creature to me, and Lucario suits me just fine for that role. Seriously, there are cooler (and this is subjective) Pokemon in 5th gen, even those who aren't legendary/promoted in movies, who could be made into good characters.

Myself, I'm hoping for N as a trainer with 3 random 5th gens (because starters have already been done and we need some type variety), with one small, medium, and large. I've already cast my votes for Cubchoo (Ice), Scrafty (Dark/Fighting), and Golurk (Ghost/Ground; he'd have to be seriously resized, but apparently resizing isn't an issue for Pokemon in Smash). I'm thinking there's a chance that Black & White 2 will have a massive focus on N (Looker talks about him being seen in a far off land when you've found six of the Seven Sages), so hopefully that brings some attention to N. Whatever Pokemon he has, I'd like to see him as a playable trainer.

I won't rage if we get Zoroark, but I'd rather we get something a little more representative of 5th gen, and I think N would do that well.

Or Genesect. But that isn't even worth discussing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom