• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ha ha does everyone hate toise?
No, just Kuma. Reason being that he (Toise) thinks Kuma's ideas of trying to bring assimilate other fighting game mechanics into Super Smash Bros is stupid, much like SmashChu. That about sums it up.

Yeah... I saw that... At least the future of this thread promises to be 'interesting'!
If by "interesting" you mean decreased Zoroark/Victini discussion, than yes, very interesting.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
No, just Kuma. Reason being that he (Toise) thinks Kuma's ideas of trying to bring assimilate other fighting game mechanics into Super Smash Bros is stupid, much like SmashChu. That about sums it up.

If by "interesting" you mean decreased Zoroark/Victini discussion, than yes, very interesting.
Now that I actually think about it... I think I might prefer the Victini/Zoroark discussion...

Grass is always greener, huh?

I'll be back when there's some super duper wooper blooper nuggets of news released. Farewell, chums!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To be specific, it's more of their delivery of their objection than the objection itself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So you think that the confirmation of Black/White 2 makes a Generation 5 Pokemon less likely? There are also some that think this makes one more likely.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Victini for sSB4

Zoroark too

And ^ Yeah how isn't he x_x @ Seph

I mean really

EDIT: I honestly don't think there should be a gen 5 pokemon in smash

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
He reps his own series and has his own series icon, if he were considered a Mario character in Smaash than you would've had to fight him alongside Mario and Luigi and the others in the All-Star mode

Just saiyan

Black and White 2? Da fuq?

D

Deleted member

Ok, so...there's TWO new forms for Kyurem, one based on Reshiram, one based on Zekrom. There are direct sequels to B/W aptly named B/W 2, and Meloetta's been officially revealed as well?

Welp. Guess Genesect is more likely than I thought. After all, this means it will be revealed next year instead of two years from now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wonder what the types of the new Kyurem forms are gonna be

Ice/Fire (lulz) and Ice/Electric?

vvvv Waluigi's never had his own set of games doe, Wario has

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah even if he got his own Icon he's still basically like them

That's like Waluigi having his own whole series too...

I just don't agree that Wario is completely considered a whole new series.

IMO he's basically a Mario character but just has his own game as well .-.

Edit: I know Waluigi never did but still, Wario appears in like every Mario game. He's like a Mario character but also has his own games.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now that I actually think about it... I think I might prefer the Victini/Zoroark discussion...

Grass is always greener, huh?

I'll be back when there's some super duper wooper blooper nuggets of news released. Farewell, chums!
No, there is no fun in Pokémon discussion. There is always volatility and animosity involved, especially when talking about "proper representation".

To be specific, it's more of their delivery of their objection than the objection itself.
Thanks for clarifying.

So you think that the confirmation of Black/White 2 makes a Generation 5 Pokemon less likely? There are also some that think this makes one more likely.
Probably. Not like there is anyone really any particular creature standing out apart from maybe Scraggy, but seriously, who is asking for that?

D

Deleted member

Wario Land and WarioWare don't involve Mario and co. at all. (Except for the first Wario Land, but it was also called Super Mario Land 3)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah even if he got his own Icon he's still basically like them

That's like Waluigi having his own whole series too...

I just don't agree that Wario is completely considered a whole new series.

IMO he's basically a Mario character but just has his own game as well .-.
What're you talking about? Waluigi doesn't matter enough to have his own series. :troll:
Wario has Wario Land and WarioWare. Both of which are completely independent from the Mario series.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Idk then, I still consider Wario a Mario character due to how often he appeared in Mario games, and how relative he is to Mario.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I already fixed my mistake, I meant to say Scraggy. That frog like thing lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground and with the sheepish grin.

Cut me some slack I can't keep up with them anymore.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No, there is no fun in Pokémon discussion. There is always volatility and animosity involved, especially when talking about "proper representation".

Thanks for clarifying.

Probably. Not like there is anyone really any particular creature standing out apart from maybe Scraggy, but seriously, who is asking for that?
How does Scraggy stand out? That's like saying Tropius, Teddiursa, or Cherubi stick out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I already fixed my mistake, I meant to say Scraggy. That frog like thing lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground with the sheepish grin.

Cut me some slack I can't keep up with them anymore.
Scraggy's Black then.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How does Scraggy stand out? That's like saying Tropius, Teddiursa, or Cherubi stick out.
I see the little hipster everywhere. I figured it had something endearing about it? I have no idea, I don't watch cartoons anymore, and frankly I've stopped keeping up with Pokémon titles.

Scraggy's Black then.
There are a lot of non-Black young un's with their butts hanging out of their pants. It's an age thing.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I see the little hipster everywhere. I figured it had something endearing about it? I have no idea, I don't watch cartoons anymore, and frankly I've stopped keeping up with Pokémon titles.
The only thing it has going for it is the fact that it's one of Ash's Unova Pokemon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There are a lot of non-Black young un's with their butts hanging out of their pants. It's an age thing.
I just thought the non-Black kids were trying to please their cooler, Black peers.

I just saw that SmashChu posted. What's that?! I can't hear you!

What online modes can you guys think of that haven't been done yet?

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
I want to see this smash in action first, then hype for it if it deserves it. Brawl wasn't good compared to 64 and Melee. It was pretty dissapointing. I hope this Smash turns out at least fun.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No more so than Jigglypuff or Ivysaur.
Plus, ya know, there is no "fitting in". You've got everything from ultimate beings of darkness to pink puffballs to talking space animals to master swordsmen to fire-breathing turtles to 2D monochrome men to intergalactic bounty hunters to robots. :awesome:

In short, anything can fit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I want to see them doing localization tests in Japan so the game can be better balanced.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What online modes can you guys think of that haven't been done yet?
Well, for starters, allowing for different groups would be the best place to begin. Allowing for 1v1, 2v2 (team), three group and free for all would be the best option. From there allowing groups to use stock instead of time would also be more fun, or at the very least stock with time.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
A much better with anyone mode is something that needs to be done.

Luckily I think the Wii U can give us that.

Maybe also a chat with people as well, and you can add them when you play them.

I've wanted to add some people I've met on basic brawl before :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom