• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The thing is, I was thinking that they were a case where they could be designed to work together, but then I wonder if it's just better to separate all of them into their own slots.
...Yeah, go with your second thought. I see what you're actually saying now...

Off topic, but can someone reccomend Lucario combo videos for me to watch? I learn better with videos rather than reading. I have Rise of the Aura by SSX and Trela, but I wanna see if there are better ones out there.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My feelings aren't hurt by the white fluffernutter who wants to try to compare Mario and Ryu to an equal status. Nope, not me. No chinese bear can touch the sage.

Let's assume he's not mad.
1) Kuma is, Japanese for Bear.
2) Ryu is very iconic in the fighting sence and the fighting sence is huge outside of Nintendo and Smash, so I wouldn't blame someone for having a FG background to say something like that derp

You're not Black or white? I'm curious now... NOT RLY!
Process of elimination.

Hispanic Obv.

I mean, Kuma, Japanese for Bear, Oso, Spanish for Bear. He obviously can't converse with me in Japanese so, that's narrows it.

Aww, did I hurt your feelings for expressing my distaste in your gratuitous use of maple story emoticons, and that I find the argument for which version of child Link to be in to be absolutely pointless?

That GIF LOL

Pokemon Trainer can easily be designed where he plays like a Smash take on MvC3. At least there, the transformation gimmick is both efficient and truly unique.
Squirtle needs a *put sunglasses on* taunt. They stay on until you take them off :smirk:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There are combos in Brawl?
*Ahem* Let me rephrase that (Because Rise of the Aura had combos). Lucario SSBB videos.

@Xblisx Japanese, Chinese... both have lines for letters, so idk! And no. Africa does not know who Ryu is, but some know who Mario is. That's why Mario's top game dog... little ******* stole DK's light again.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Combos are short and few and brawl Lucario doesn't have many. There are strings of clever reads and traps. On that note, combo videos teach you nothing but how that player hard read an opponent.

This is why people are bad, they try to emulate without knowing basic concepts of gameplay and honestly unless you are some prodigy, which are even more rare than combos in Brawl, you won't understand a thing in high or top level matches. Watch mid-level matches, see why he got hit/punished, why isn't this working, what can he try to do to make something work, how is his spacing, what are his habits, how can I zone properly, how can I use my strengths and weaknesses to appply previously learned concepts, how does the MU play out, etc.

D

Deleted member

1. No, you could just give Sheik her own slot.
2. I honestly don't think the transformation thing works period.
3. It'd just be easier and better to let the two be explored as individuals than as a duo.

The thing is, I was thinking that they were a case where they could be designed to work together, but then I wonder if it's just better to separate all of them into their own slots.
1. ****ing pointless. Just ****ing pointless. As I've said before, seperating Sheik from Zelda isn't going to make Zelda better. Making Zelda better is what's going to make Zelda better. And how does one make Zelda better? By focusing on HER, not her other half. Leave Sheik out of the equation; focus on Zelda's flaws and what can be done to fix them. And no, transforming into Sheik does not constitute a flaw.
2. Exactly. You don't think it works. However, that doesn't mean that it should be removed. If Smash worked like that, Olimar would be cut because I find his Pikmin system to not work.
3. Opinion, a good argument does not make. You want to make a claim like that, bring some statistics or valid points.

EDIT: If I'm coming off as rude, I am not trying to. I apologize.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Combos are short and few and brawl Lucario doesn't have many. There are strings of clever reads and traps. On that note, combo videos teach you nothing but how that player hard read an opponent.

This is why people are bad, they try to emulate without knowing basic concepts of gameplay.
The only video I've watched on Lucario and wolf were called Combo vids, so I wouldn't of known. It's like watching Football, mind you. It works for me, considering the fact I'm very good with Lucario. If you know what button does what, you'll learn. Try holding your gamecube controller while watching those videos, and try copying the combo. It works for me.

Though I still need improvement as a Lucario player. In otherwords, I'm no Trela, SSX, or from what I heard, Steam.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If you're not close to steam, you're not even mid-level. And please don't make baseless assumptions about Africa...my friend who recently moved from Kenya knows plenty about SF and Ryu.

D

Deleted member

Isn't 99.5% of stuff in here opinions anyways? LOL
To state something should be done this way or that on the basis that it would be "easier and better" is a fallacy in arguing a point, and can't be taken seriously unless they actually give logistic proof that doesn't come from personal bias.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Data interpt. is subjective to how the person wants to conclude from it. No?

Pilots both pass flying school with said grades:
Pilot 1: 98,23,56,89,100,33,66,89,89,92
Pilot 2: 70,75,76,69,80,77,76,75,75,73

Now one person may say pilot one is safe and pilot two isn't while other and vise versa.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
*Ahem* Let me rephrase that (Because Rise of the Aura had combos). Lucario SSBB videos.

@Xblisx Japanese, Chinese... both have lines for letters, so idk! And no. Africa does not know who Ryu is, but some know who Mario is. That's why Mario's top game dog... little ******* stole DK's light again.
Wow, don't you sound culturally ignorant? And I'm sure someone in Africa knows about Mario. Not everyone lives on the savannah.

Anyway, one of the things I first liked about Lucario was the fluidity in his attacks. Looking back at them, his movements are reminiscent of Leo from Tekken 6 who uses Bajiquan.

1. ****ing pointless. Just ****ing pointless. As I've said before, seperating Sheik from Zelda isn't going to make Zelda better. Making Zelda better is what's going to make Zelda better. And how does one make Zelda better? By focusing on HER, not her other half. Leave Sheik out of the equation; focus on Zelda's flaws and what can be done to fix them. And no, transforming into Sheik does not constitute a flaw.
2. Exactly. You don't think it works. However, that doesn't mean that it should be removed. If Smash worked like that, Olimar would be cut because I find his Pikmin system to not work.
3. Opinion, a good argument does not make. You want to make a claim like that, bring some statistics or valid points.
Um... That's what I was saying. Concentrate on Zelda, and that involves removing Sheik from her moveset (but not necessarily Sheik from the game). They were meant to be used in tandem so they were balanced with that in mind. This would mean that one character would have strengths and weaknesses complemented by the other.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you're not close to steam, you're not even mid-level. And please don't make baseless assumptions about Africa...my friend who recently moved from Kenya knows plenty about SF and Ryu.
"From what I heard" means what it means. And one person knows. One person out of the biggest region on the planet. Sorry, but didn't that kinda click before you typed that? Besides, I've done my research in '09 about Mario's popularity. Believe it or not, MANY people from Africa knew Mario. Maybe I should do the same for Ryu. In otherwords, yeah, you're right, I don't have the right to assume that now.

D

Deleted member

Data interpt. is subjective to how the person wants to conclude from it. No?
In which case the better way to make such a claim is that "I feel this way would be better because...." or other variants.
To make a claim such as his as if it were pure fact without needing documentation is flawed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'd argue Kuma's silly "Split the characters because I'm applying by BS rules to Smash," but Mr. Golden did it quite well. Everything he said.

Um... That's what I was saying. Concentrate on Zelda, and that involves removing Sheik from her moveset (but not necessarily Sheik from the game). They were meant to be used in tandem so they were balanced with that in mind. This would mean that one character would have strengths and weaknesses complemented by the other.
It makes more sense to balance the mechanic than to revamp the characters and take away a unique characteristic. Sometimes Kuma.....

yani

Smash Lord
I wouldn't care too much if Sheik was her own slot, but it really makes little to no difference

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd argue Kuma's silly "Split the characters because I'm applying by BS rules to Smash," but Mr. Golden did it quite well. Everything he said.
Who ISN'T applying their so-called BS rules in this thread in some way or another?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Asage: No don't be a complete ******* when it comes to places you never been to, to do actual sampling. Derp, Eric said that him a lot of people in and out of his city played SF. Stop talking like a know it all LOL

@HyperFalcon: Pika's Jab is not a combo. SDI+Shield or punish.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I was making a Wesker reference when I was talking about the Squirtle sunglasses XD

EDIT: I wasted my 9,000 post on a response asking isn't X percentage this in a thread. V____V sadface.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wow, don't you sound culturally ignorant? And I'm sure someone in Africa knows about Mario. Not everyone lives on the savannah.
LOL Culturally ignorant? There's a first for everything. If you're referring to my lines for letters cut, I apologize.

Also, I hope you're sure of that. Done research. Proved research.

I was actually offended by the Africa comment to be completely honest.

It was earenstly a dumb thing to say
Why should it? I didn't say Africa was dumb. In fact, I said nothing rude at all. All I said was that more people know Mario more than Ryu. I think you're bein' a little over sensitive. No reason for that, man.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Who ISN'T applying their so-called BS rules in this thread in some way or another?
Because I'm not saying split a character who is not only defined by that thing and is made unique by it, but has also had it in two games so far.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Asage: No don't be a complete ******* when it comes to places you never been to, to do actual sampling. Derp, Eric said that him a lot of people in and out of his city played SF. Stop talking like a know it all LOL
Anyways, most of Africa has been assimilated to European ways as been told by most original Africans I meet. They know more than the media protrays, that includes video games.

I need to redeem my 9,000th post V_______V

@Metal: I've seen it around plus...

>___>

<___<

MvC3

LOL

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What are you complaining about? I never said I left for Africa on a mission of obviousness. I know more than most would, yeah, but not everything. Not that you're going to prove that Mario is least popular than Ryu, which is what the topic was* about, and had nothing to do with Africa, which was just an example.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Look, Asage, I'll be blunt. Stereotypes and such may seem jokingly innocent, but they aren't.

@Iblis: I'm talking about how the game records combos. Via Training Mode.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, I just don't like stupid blanket comments that are ignorant to the real thing. And nahh I don't think my girl finds chest hair attractive. LOL

@Asage: I'm complaining because I hear too many dumb Africa comments as it is, that's why I don't jump in on this I know even if I make an example out of will be poo.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, one of the things I first liked about Lucario was the fluidity in his attacks. Looking back at them, his movements are reminiscent of Leo from Tekken 6 who uses Bajiquan.

You have failed to comprehend what I am saying.
I said to not focus on Sheik. Focus on Zelda. Make her half better.
EXAMPLE TIEM:
Let's say you are making a recipe for a dish that has two contrasting flavors. In this case, let's go with sweet and sour. The sour is noticably stronger than the sweet. However, do you go ahead and change the recipe and remove the sour, just to simply tack it on as a side? No. You focus on the sweet portion to make it compliment the sour.
Taking Sheik out isn't going to help Zelda, no matter how much you want to beleive it so. The people at Project M have the right idea.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was actually offended by the Africa comment to be completely honest.

It was earenstly a dumb thing to say
No, I just don't like stupid blanket comments that are ignorant to the real thing. And nahh I don't think my girl finds chest hair attractive. LOL
I want to make it very clear we are talking about a continent knowing or not knowing whether a fictional character exist. Who cares, and better yet, why are you offended and not liking "ignorant," statements? Is Ryu your brother?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@HyperFalcon: Then there are hella combos in brawl, remember training mode doesn't abuse momentum canceling.

@Smashchu: Africa homie. It has nothing to do with Ryu. Are you telling me you can't tell that I'm more concerned about the fact of mis-info on Africa than some game character, it makes me wonder if you are reading my posts...haha

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Look, Asage, I'll be blunt. Stereotypes and such may seem jokingly innocent, but they aren't.
Ok, if you're offended by lines and letters, you're oversensitive, because you guys make similar jokes. I said sorry, let's all get over ourselves, and eat a doughnut.

Blanket comments? I don't get it.

I think I just popped the overdrive drama balloon. Wtf..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom