• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
@Asage Squirrel Fist :laugh: :awesome:

I will be part of the Smash 5 staff, so I'll have to follow it :awesome: :laugh: .. I mean it :glare:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
UNRELATED, but it speaks what I want for balance.

Matchups: Character on the left has more than a 4/8 chance against characters on the right.

Best Matchups:
Mario-Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Ganondorf, Zelda
Luigi-Shelda, Sheik, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Ganondorf, Zelda
Peach-Wario, Ice Climbers, Sonic, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Ganondorf, Zelda
Bowser-Lucas, Jiggs, Ganondorf

That's just the Mario characters. I'll put the others up later. But it's clear that Peach is the best(ironically). Bowser is abysmal.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh gosh that would be scary.

On another note I do wonder what would happen someone else took up the Smash franchise. Someone like Miyamoto or even a third party developer.
Wouldn't it be?

Anyways, if Sakurai were to leave...

PLEASE! MICROSOFT!!!!!

Master Chief appears!

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Pfff, knowing Microsoft they'd just turn it into an FPS.

It'd be "Halo Anniversary Edition Featuring the Rag Tag Team of Nintendo as add-on DLC exclusively for 50$ extra".

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This would be my predictions if some new developer took up Smash Bros.

Miyamoto: Best storymode EVAH!!!!!
Namco: Soul Caliber and Tekken with Smash characters
Rare: Same toony look but with a lot of adult content added
Techmo: Bigger boobs on all the female characters....even Nana
Bethesda Softworks: First person view fighting game with fully customizable characters.
Midway: Blood, gore, blood, violence, blood, guts....did I mention blood?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pfff, knowing Microsoft they'd just turn it into an FPS.

It'd be "Halo Anniversary Edition Featuring the Rag Tag Team of Nintendo as add-on DLC exclusively for 50$ extra".
You're speaking to a Halo fan as you say that. I should fire 10 thousand needles from a needler at you and watch you explode as you keep bouncing in midair.

Joking.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is there anyone else here that won't have any interest in Smaah 5? For me, Smash 4 will be the last Smash Bros. game I will be following (and most likely the last one I will buy as well).
If Smash 4 is good, what's going to happen to Smash 5 (assuming there will be one) won't be a concern of mine. Hopefully, I'll have too much fun to care about it too much.

I mean, it's not like I'm speculating on Street Fighter 5 or anything like that. How about playing the games instead of speculating on their sequels. If you want speculation, go play the stock market.

@grizby
What's with the Ness-Dee-Jay sig?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Row 2 Matchups:

Donkey Kong-Luigi, Ness, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Diddy-Marth, Pikachu, Lucario, D3, ZSS, G&W, Fox, Wolf, DK, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Yoshi-PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Wario-Lucario, ZSS, Toon Link, Fox, Wolf, DK, Kirby, ROB, Pit, Sonic, Ike, Luigi, Ness, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf

Shameful. Diddy is second only to Meta Knight, and is fair to bad against MK, Snake, Falco, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Toon Link, Peach, Kirby, Pit, Shelda, Luigi, and Sheik.

Meta Knight is only fair with Pikachu. He mutilates everyone else. Check out that difference. Big, isn't it?

grizby2

Smash Lord
If Smash 4 is good, what's going to happen to Smash 5 (assuming there will be one) won't be a concern of mine. Hopefully, I'll have too much fun to care about it too much.

I mean, it's not like I'm speculating on Street Fighter 5 or anything like that. How about playing the games instead of speculating on their sequels. If you want speculation, go play the stock market.

ness for "Super Street Fighter Mega Apocolypse 1000 ...ALPHA"
:cool:

OT: ya, id rather play a game and then speculate.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good night, all, except for you, Kuma.
Aww, did I hurt your feelings for expressing my distaste in your gratuitous use of maple story emoticons, and that I find the argument for which version of child Link to be in to be absolutely pointless?

grizby2

Smash Lord
@TheFirstPoppyBro
oh ok, that makes sense.

@KumaOso
i thought i had my signatures off..
also, thats just something i made in my free time :\

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Draw Ness and Lucas as Guy and Cody respectively and that'd be sweet.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aww, did I hurt your feelings for expressing my distaste in your gratuitous use of maple story emoticons, and that I find the argument for which version of child Link to be in to be absolutely pointless?

I have to stay up now. Thanks, Amuk!

Magical pandas strike again.

My feelings aren't hurt by the white fluffernutter who wants to try to compare Mario and Ryu to an equal status. Nope, not me. No chinese bear can touch the sage. You can liek Toon Link if you want, but remember: He still won't liek you.

Let's assume he's not mad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wait, you're black? I didn't even know that...
I'm not Black either.

To keep it on topic, why does everyone here look at the transformation thing as something unique? Take Zelda and Sheik. They play like no one and would still be unique even if you separated them.

And I just remembered, I still need to think of a vortex for the Ice Climbers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not Black either.

To keep it on topic, why does everyone here look at the transformation thing as something unique? Take Zelda and Sheik. They play like no one and would still be unique even if you separated them.

And I just remembered, I still need to think of a vortex for the Ice Climbers.
You're not Black or white? I'm curious now... NOT RLY!

Anyways, I don't. Transformation is just one of those dumb features, if you ask me. It removes a (B) move, adding a new character in which means if you wanna use them, you have to be good with both of them. Makes no sense. Same goes for PKMN trainer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pokemon Trainer can easily be designed where he plays like a Smash take on MvC3. At least there, the transformation gimmick is both efficient and truly unique.

Zelda and Samus? Nah, break them up.

D

Deleted member

>Implying that getting a new B move would be worth losing Sheik.
>Failing to imply that Zelda and Sheik could work the same way that he proposes Pokemon Trainer should work.
>Failing to imply that another command to switch Zelda and Sheik would be better.

The only one I could see fine seperate is Samus and Zamus. Zamus is treated like she's her own character anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pokemon Trainer can easily be designed where he plays like a Smash take on MvC3. At least there, the transformation gimmick is both efficient and truly unique.

Zelda and Samus? Nah, break them up.
I agree. The death then switch thing was annoying, because I hate playing as Ivysaur and Squirtle. If that piece of WRONG was fixed, I'd 2nd main Charizard, who I'm quite good with.

@GY I'm not saying that. I'm just sayin
(won't post sprite, but wants to)
that Zelda and Shiek could be different characters. It'd be like Link and Young Link. Same person, different Body form. Not that I care either way, tbh I'd rid Zelda because her attacking physically makes no sense in my head because she's as much as a whiny princess as Peach.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I'm with GY here.

I found the Transformations fun and unique because none of them are alike eachother. Only on the utmost basic concept.

Zelda's fine with Sheik. It's HER shtick. Zamus and Samus need to broken up, as there's no reason for it to be that hard.

Pokemon Trainer? It makes sense for Pokemon to lag after a while. Stamina is reasonable, and while annoying, is logical too. None of the transformations worked the same, so I'm fine with that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
>Implying that getting a new B move would be worth losing Sheik.
>Failing to imply that Zelda and Sheik could work the same way that he proposes Pokemon Trainer should work.
>Failing to imply that another command to switch Zelda and Sheik would be better.

The only one I could see fine seperate is Samus and Zamus. Zamus is treated like she's her own character anyway.
1. No, you could just give Sheik her own slot.
2. I honestly don't think the transformation thing works period.
3. It'd just be easier and better to let the two be explored as individuals than as a duo.

I agree. The death then switch thing was annoying, because I hate playing as Ivysaur and Squirtle. If that piece of WRONG was fixed, I'd 2nd main Charizard, who I'm quite good with.
The thing is, I was thinking that they were a case where they could be designed to work together, but then I wonder if it's just better to separate all of them into their own slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom