• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All three of those would be awesome AT's, even though I kinda want Jody or at least Pico playable (too bad chances are neither will ever happen, though :cry:)
I'd say probably won't happen. I think Pico could bring a bit more than Goroh. Takamaru could give us the Samurai spot.

Also, more than 4 is not "overkill" anyway. It's really a percentage based upon the total cast.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, lots of people want specific styles of Links...

I'm starting to think people want Super Smash Link War. >_>;

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's only two notable Links. Adult and Child. We know the B moves will be nigh identical. We know that they're both going to be in.

So why not speculate on what versions of him we want?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not going to happen. Unless you want Adult Link gone. Child Link is a mainstay according to Sakurai.

Adult Link's a veteran.

They're pretty much there for life now.

Which is fine by me. They don't even play the same anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not going to happen. Unless you want Adult Link gone. Child Link is a mainstay according to Sakurai.

Adult Link's a veteran.

They're pretty much there for life now.

Which is fine by me. They don't even play the same anyway.
Young Link or nothing. Toon Link was a joke to begin with. I mean, he IS good, no doubt, but replacing Young Link with the face of evil that toon brat... I'd rather have and OoT return. Seriously, I ****ing HATE Toon Link.

Also, I've been using my Bryan sprite for awhile... Lemme show ya'll my other one, Zam the Ninja

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Young Link or nothing. Toon Link was a joke to begin with. I mean, he IS good, no doubt, but replacing Young Link with the face of evil that toon brat... I'd rather have and OoT return. Seriously, I ****ing HATE Toon Link.
It's too bad Young Link is just basically the same as Adult Link's style.

It honestly depends if we get another Young Link game or not. I want a very specific MM's Young Link, but since he'll stay a clone, that won't happen.

It depends what Adult Link's moves are, honestly. If they incorporate the Whip over, say, the Boomerang, only Toon Link has a whip.

So it just all depends on what moves Adult Link has.

I don't mind either Child Link myself. Toon had the best personality. Young Link had the masks. I think all 4 Links are good.(SS Link is basically an Adult Toon Link to me, really)

Also, cool your jets, man... Wind Waker etc. were all great games....

Nice sprite, though. Think you could do Brian in that style?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ya know, after seeing the DLC for Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, I think Metal Sonic from the get-go in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing 2 is a sure-fire thing. The Death Egg stage is somewhat less assured, but something else... After seeing the Death Egg course, there's someone SEGA hasn't forgotten about that will PROBABLY appear; someone that everyone seems to forget. I'm of course talking about...

Ristar.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Badassery"]
[COLLAPSE="The Skull"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Deathborn"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Mighty Gazelle"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Octoman"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

Instead of Samurai Goroh, let's have one of these hardcore mofos for a second F-Zero rep

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In Melee, yeah.

No one realizes that both can have seriously different movesets. One of those people- I'm sorry- is Sakurai. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a smart guy, but seriously. There's no need, or reason, to clone-ify YLink. If he comes back in SSB4, I don't want that Adult-inspired moveset again. Check out my Moveset in my blog. That's totally different, and plays more tactic than any character in Brawl.

And idk if I can make Brian. I can try, but Idk.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
while we may never agree which Link would be best, I do feel that Zelda needs a new moveset and Sheik needs to go. because Sheik is 50%of the reason anyone barely ever uses Zelda.

like, ever.

on a side note, have you read my moveset idea yet?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In Melee, yeah.

No one realizes that both can have seriously different movesets. One of those people- I'm sorry- is Sakurai. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a smart guy, but seriously. There's no need, or reason, to clone-ify YLink. If he comes back in SSB4, I don't want that Adult-inspired moveset again. Check out my Moveset in my blog. That's totally different, and plays more tactic than any character in Brawl.
You realize that Toon Link/Young Link is only going to ever share 7 moves at best, right?

B moves, Final Smash, Upthrust, Downthrust. They play differently as is.

And Young Link is just... a younger Adult Link. Toon Link is his own person at this point. Which is probably why Sakurai even bothered with him, besides the latest style.

That, and Wind Waker was popular as hell. Both styles are popular as is.

The only reason I can see Young Link and SS Link in SSB4 is that SS Link represents the toon style well, while Young Link represents the "Real is Brown" style.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright I finally got my Little Mac moveset done, feel free to comment.

Little Mac

Attributes: His weight is 96 which "weights" him in between Sonic (97) and Ness/Lucas/Pit (95). He has the same walking speed as Pit and a running speed the same as Diddy/Marth. His Air Speed is balanced at 100. Has a falling speed similar to Donkey Kong.

Playstyle: Mac is, for the most part, is the most balanced rushdown character in the game. Many of his attacks has high priority and he has plenty of "knockout" moves. In return though, the majority of his moves have poor range overall and vary in lag. Mac himself is above average on speed, but is under average on weight. Much of his game involves rushing down opponents on the ground with his basic Hadouken projectile and cancelable Side Special, while also punishing opponent's mistakes in order to power up his deadly Star Punch. His juggling game is also rather good as well due to his great Up-Tilt and Smash.

Specials:

Neutral - Light Speed Punch - Mac's version of the "Hadoken." It moves slightly faster and has a larger hitbox than Luigi's fireball, but has a tad bit more of ending lag preventing rapid fire. Does 7-9%.

Side - Rushing Jab - Does 2 small punching dashes forward, 1st Right fist then Left. After the first punch is send, the second punch may be shield canceled within a small time frame. When done in the air the full lenght of the attack leaves him in a helpless state but if canceled it does not, however, he is not allowed to use this move again until he touches the ground. Does 8% per hit.

Up - Star Punch - Mac's "Shoryuken," good vertical distance, high priority, power and knockback increases for very "Star" Mac has (extra 5% damage per), resets Mac's "Star Meter", at max power it can K.O. at 60%. Normal: 8%, 1 Star: 12%, 2 Star: 16%, 3 Star: 20%,

***Down - Counter Punch - dodges an opponent’s move "Punch-Out" style, puts an opponent (must be close to him) in a dazed state, and if the opponent is hit during the dazed state Mac gains a star. Has almost no starting lag but a good amount of ending lag if missed making it a rewarding but very punishable move.

Final Smash - Giga Mac - Powers up all of Macs attacks and gives his Star Punch Max Power throughout. However, it does not increase his hitbox or hitboxes of his attacks. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Jabs forward, can be done 3 times, similar to Snake's jab, has high priority. Does 13% if all hits connect.

Forward - does a large leaning jab forward similar to Mario's F-Tilt, it can be slightly angled with the controller. Does 8%

Up - does a 45 degree face punch, good anti-air, poor knockback but little lag, can be used to juggle. Does 6%

Down - crouches down and does a low hitting jab. Does 7%

Dash - dashes forward with his fist held out, laggy but high priority. Does 9%

Aerials:

Neutral - punches down at a 100 Degree angle, has poor knockback, good for edge hogging and getting back up on the stage. Does 6%.

Forward - same as Mario's F-Air, has a slightly narrower but longer hitbox (longer arms), can Meteor Smash. Does 11%, 13% when sweetspotted.

Up - a smaller version of his U-Smash, lowers his decent slightly, good for juggling, has poor knockback. Does 12% if all hits connect.

Down - plummets downwards with his fist held directly down, like Toon Link's D-Air. A poor dive, has little start up but a lot of end lag, poor knockback as well. Does 7%.

Back - Twists his body in a spinning motion, and turns around for a spining punch. Like a one hit version of Pikachu's B-Air. Has good priority, but poor range, average knockback, and has a laggy startup. Not very reliable. Does 8%.

Smashes:

***Forward - uses both fists to hug/crush the opponent ala King Hippo/DK's F-Smash, poor knockback but has little start up lag. Does 20%-24%.

***Up - rapidly punches at an opponent like a Punching Bag, very good damage, but no knockback and a poor hitbox, has slight ending lag. Only gives him 1 Star overall. Does 18-20% if all hits connect.

***Down - punches opponent downward similar to D.K.'s F-Special, his most reliable Smash, very quick and a good amount of knockback, but has the lowest damage output of his Smashes. Does 14-17%.

Throws:

Pummel - small rapid punches to the gut, one of the fastest pummels in the game, Does 2%.

Forward - a very large punch to the gut, good knockback, can be chain grabbed on certain characters. Does 7%.

Up - lets go of the opponent for a uppercut to the jaw, high vertical knockback. Does 10%.

Down - punches opponent on the head forcing them to fall down, poor knockback, his worst throw. Does 7%.

Back - pushes the opponent back, turns around and delivers a large punch, good knockback. Does 9%.

Taunts:
1. Doc Louis says a random saying, Ex. "Join Club Nintendo today Mac!"
2. Does his animation from the Punch-Out referee countdown,
3. Stretches

Other:
*** Stars are also gained by K.O.ing an opponent
"Star Meter" - Boosts his U-Special, is displayed next to his damage %, at 3 Star's it's at max power, Stars are reset every time Mac loses a life or uses his U-Special.

Costumes:

Pink - Wear's his pink jumpsuit
Red
Blue - Major League colors
Yellow - World League colors
Orange

Enterance - Chases Doc Louis on-screen in his pink sweatshirt.

Pros:
Good Rushdown
High Priority on most moves
Best Pummel in the Game
Above Average Speed
Good Throws
Has a Chain Grab
Counter Punch
Doc Louis

Cons:
Poor Smashes
Poor Aerials
Poor range on many moves
Under Average weight

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You realize that Toon Link/Young Link is only going to ever share 7 moves at best, right?

B moves, Final Smash, Upthrust, Downthrust. They play differently as is.

And Young Link is just... a younger Adult Link. Toon Link is his own person at this point. Which is probably why Sakurai even bothered with him, besides the latest style.

That, and Wind Waker was popular as hell. Both styles are popular as is.

The only reason I can see Young Link and SS Link in SSB4 is that SS Link represents the toon style well, while Young Link represents the "Real is Brown" style.
They are different. Never said they weren't.

Toon Link was chosen because he was the next dude. He was more relevant than Young Link. That's why I'm hoping TLink died, so that Young Link can follow up with a (Please god, do it) Majora's Mask Remake. If that happens, I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back.

Wind Waker was popular then*. Look at OoT. That was, and is, more popular than WW wish it was. My biggest worry is that TLink will appear in a new game, and it'll be *sigh* good, totally wrecking YLink's chances. Tug-o-war at the moment, is what I'm saying. If Majora's Mask happens, YLink has a HUGE chance. If a new TLink-hero game comes out, kiss YLink goodbye. Having both of them happen, however, will continue the struggle. Just speculatin', but that's what I see.

That's another thing. SS Link has a toon-like model, making me hope for what you said; One Toon, one Real.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ya know, after seeing the DLC for Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, I think Metal Sonic from the get-go in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing 2 is a sure-fire thing. The Death Egg stage is somewhat less assured, but something else... After seeing the Death Egg course, there's someone SEGA hasn't forgotten about that will PROBABLY appear; someone that everyone seems to forget. I'm of course talking about...

Ristar.
That game's graphics were really easy on the eyes

Oh, and Ristar FTW

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't get the whole Young vs. Toon Link debate. Young Link was a weaker faster clone of adult Link in melee. In Brawl they Luigified his moves to make him unique from Adult Link (which proves much better). Since the cell shade was the common art for the young Link games that's the style they chose. So in my opinion Toon Link and Young Link are the same. Though I do like Toon Link because he had the NES Link color palette.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Metal: Off Topic, but it seems that the first Episode Two pics have been revealed.

Looks like zones are being themed off of: Ice Cap, Carnival, Aquatic Ruin, and what looks like Oil Ocean? Also the return of the Sonic 2 Special stage. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't get the whole Young vs. Toon Link debate. Young Link was a weaker faster clone of adult Link in melee. In Brawl they Luigified his moves to make him unique from Adult Link (which proves much better). Since the cell shade was the common art for the young Link games that's the style they chose. So in my opinion Toon Link and Young Link are the same. Though I do like Toon Link because he had the NES Link color palette.
The part of the debate I'm bringing up is that they brought the more relevant Toon Link over the more popular Young Link. OoT=Awesome. Wind Waker= Beaten in 2 days, and then sold it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They are different. Never said they weren't.

Toon Link was chosen because he was the next dude. He was more relevant than Young Link. That's why I'm hoping TLink died, so that Young Link can follow up with a (Please god, do it) Majora's Mask Remake. If that happens, I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back.

Wind Waker was popular then*. Look at OoT. That was, and is, more popular than WW wish it was. My biggest worry is that TLink will appear in a new game, and it'll be *sigh* good, totally wrecking YLink's chances. Tug-o-war at the moment, is what I'm saying. If Majora's Mask happens, YLink has a HUGE chance. If a new TLink-hero game comes out, kiss YLink goodbye. Having both of them happen, however, will continue the struggle. Just speculatin', but that's what I see.

That's another thing. SS Link has a toon-like model, making me hope for what you said; One Toon, one Real.
Actually, Wind Waker's style is still absurdly popular. I know people who love the game, but hate Twilight Princess still. You underestimate the game a bit.

I don't believe Toon Link should ever "die". That's overly harsh for a popular video game character.

Anyway, I don't ultimately care which one we get, but the only reason I want Young Link is for the Mask moveset and that's it. I don't find any Link any more special than the other overall.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually, Wind Waker's style is still absurdly popular. I know people who love the game, but hate Twilight Princess still. You underestimate the game a bit.

I don't believe Toon Link should ever "die". That's overly harsh for a popular video game character.

Anyway, I don't ultimately care which one we get, but the only reason I want Young Link is for the Mask moveset and that's it. I don't find any Link any more special than the other overall.
I know WW's graphics are popular. Wanna versus the storyline, however? And the cast? And the items? Graphics don't run a game, bro.

I didn't mean to say he should die. I meant that he hasn't appeared in awhile, so I'm hoping he stays away just for a couple years, that's all Lol

It's true, Masks were his only specialty, but even with JUST that, he became ever so popular.

Zam said:
You can give a picture to a friend, but that doens't mean he'll accept it's quality of paper.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know WW's graphics are popular. Wanna versus the storyline, however? And the cast? And the items? Graphics don't run a game, bro.

I didn't mean to say he should die. I meant that he hasn't appeared in awhile, so I'm hoping he stays away just for a couple years, that's all Lol

It's true, Masks were his only specialty, but even with JUST that, he became ever so popular.

Let's be fair. Majora's Mask wasn't that popular. Young Link was popular do to OOT. MM was more of an afterthought at best. I love the game, but most couldn't stand the time limit. And Masks weren't everything. He also was the first user of the Boomerang(atleast according to Sakurai, as the overhead games are apparently all Young Link/Toon Link now).

Anyway, actually, he appeared in ST, which wasn't THAT long ago, and he may get another one. Who knows?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Let's be fair. Majora's Mask wasn't that popular. Young Link was popular do to OOT. MM was more of an afterthought at best. I love the game, but most couldn't stand the time limit. And Masks weren't everything. He also was the first user of the Boomerang(atleast according to Sakurai, as the overhead games are apparently all Young Link/Toon Link now).

Anyway, actually, he appeared in ST, which wasn't THAT long ago, and he may get another one. Who knows?
I'm just hoping he doesn't, that's all. YLink needs his chances, and it's needs to be soon, but not too quickly.

Zam said:
Rush results in accidents. Though Sonic would disagree, he too has slipped before.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The part of the debate I'm bringing up is that they brought the more relevant Toon Link over the more popular Young Link. OoT=Awesome. Wind Waker= Beaten in 2 days, and then sold it.
To me the only difference is looks. Young Link can do whatever Toon Link can so they are going to stick to the most relavent like you said. With phantom hourglass and spirit tracks Toon Link is still relavent and I think even with a Majora's remake Toon Link will still have the better chance. The only way you can garantee is if they make a new "Young Link" game without a cell shade artwork.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just hoping he doesn't, that's all. YLink needs his chances, and it's needs to be soon, but not too quickly.
I just hope he completely declones him. I mean, seriously, he couldn't have added WW/MC/PH stuff to Toon Link?

I could completely understand Young Link being a clone. They're the overall same person! No reincarnations. I expect them to have near identical moves. FAIR ENOUGH. But TLink was a copout. Atleast give him a cooler Final Smash!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To me the only difference is looks. Young Link can do whatever Toon Link can so they are going to stick to the most relavent like you said. With phantom hourglass and spirit tracks Toon Link is still relavent and I think even with a Majora's remake Toon Link will still have the better chance. The only way you can garantee is if they make a new "Young Link" game without a cell shade artwork.
If we can introduce YLink more, his popularity will rise. It was done in OoT 3DS, and more than likely, MM remake would rise the fandom. YLink needs everything plus to beat TLink... That's really sad, if you look at it nostalgically.

@HF Technically, YLink and Link had set items in OoT. Link could still use the Boomerang due to SSB64, but Young Link uses the bow? No excuses, that was laziness! Even with the fire arrow, he still wasn't able to use it as a kid in OoT. Also, TLink had a crappier bow than both of them. Nothing technical about it. Slow as hell= Heavy Arrow?? Make sno sense.

Zam said:
Ask a lazy person if they want a ride home rather walking. If they say no, they're lying.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If we can introduce YLink more, his popularity will rise. It was done in OoT 3DS, and more than likely, MM remake would rise the fandom. YLink needs everything plus to beat TLink... That's really sad, if you look at it nostalgically.

@HF Technically, YLink and Link had set items in OoT. Link could still use the Boomerang due to SSB64, but Young Link uses the bow? No excuses, that was laziness! Even with the fire arrow, he still wasn't able to use it as a kid in OoT. Also, TLink had a crappier bow than both of them. Nothing technical about it. Slow as hell= Heavy Arrow?? Make sno sense.
Majora's Mask YLink could use the Hero's Bow, dude.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, but he wasn't based off of MM.

Wait, was he? It doesn't sound right, if he was.

****, Idk what I'm talking about, apparently.
Well, I don't know, it might've been, but it also could've been the original game, where Link gets the original bow.

BTW, how do you do the thing with Zam? I require the necessity of edumacation in this subject.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman

It honestly depends if we get another Young Link game or not. I want a very specific MM's Young Link, but since he'll stay a clone, that won't happen.

It depends what Adult Link's moves are, honestly. If they incorporate the Whip over, say, the Boomerang, only Toon Link has a whip.

So it just all depends on what moves Adult Link has.

I don't mind either Child Link myself. Toon had the best personality. Young Link had the masks. I think all 4 Links are good.(SS Link is basically an Adult Toon Link to me, really)

Also, cool your jets, man... Wind Waker etc. were all great games....

Nice sprite, though. Think you could do Brian in that style?
Don't you mean Teen Link?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I don't know, it might've been, but it also could've been the original game, where Link gets the original bow.
But YLink looks alot different from the original Link. In fact, he looks different than all of the Links.

@lordvaati I'll take a look later.

@LC-DDM No, he meant Child Link. Young Link never was seen as 13. Same with TLink.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
But YLink looks alot different from the original Link. In fact, he looks different than all of the Links.
Well, yes, but according to Sakurai, the original Link was a child.
And actually, nevermind what I said. There were no Fire Arrows in the original. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom