• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT SINCE YOU KEEP BRINGING YOUR FAULTY LOGIC UP EVERY ****ING TIME YOU POST. SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY. DAMN. YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP, SO BY NOW, EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT.

Sheik is VERY popular in Smash. YOU'RE the one who doesn't know ****. Also, it isn't HF's criteria, it's Sakurai's. SO SHUT UP.

GOD.
Crap, popeye's gonna blow

Watch sheik be in ssb4, and watch diddy speculating impa replacing her in ssb5

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
WHAT THE ****? SHEIK DID NOTHING IN OOT, YOU GUYS ARE NOT EVEN READING ANYTHING AT ALL, YOU CAN'T CLAIM TO KNOW ****.

In fact, I called the internet cops! They provided me with this suitable image to all of you

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT DOESN'T MATTER. SMASH IMPORTANCE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
Too bad that's just a ****ing image. If they can't take the time to come here themselves, they basically think you aren't worth their time. ( :awesome: )

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How is she important in Smash if she's not even her OWN character?

I got contacts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Because she's playable?

How exactly is Impa important to Smash again? Oh, that's right...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Watch her not being in Smash 4 and be forgotten.

If Sheik returns and Impa isn't in, I'm gonna say "oh well... life goes on."

If Sheik gets cut and Impa gets in, I'm gonna laugh over Sheik/Smash fans going into a collective nerd rage.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MEAN? Zelda turns into Sheik in OoT. She also does so in Smash. Where's the problem here?

SERIOUSLY, DIDDY, I FEEL LIKE PUNCHING YOU IN THE FACE. SHUT UP. :mad:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm gonna film myself laughing my ****ing *** of.

Problem is...

Sheik never changed into Zelda in battle in OOT
Sheik never got into battle actually
Sheik had no big role to speak of
And, she ONLY appeared in OOT, and NO OTHER GAME out of 20 titles? 20 titles vs 1?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman

Why is impa so important to smash that she has to replace a already existing 2 time Popular character, When impa doesn't have any thing note worthy in smash. (NOT EVEN A TROPHY!)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Diddy, I'd advise you to keep that video to yourself. Wait till Smash 4 comes out so we can see whose side won... Impa or Sheik. If Impa gets in and Sheik doesn't, by all means, you may then go ahead and gloat.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Team Rocket themselves and Red(if you will) are their own characters. Remember, you can play as four characters with PT. If you play PT, it's random who you get, or you an play as the other 3.

And Sakurai favors 1st Gen, clearly. But we also know he's added two new Pokemon per series. So we should use that till it changes.

And Sheik did a lot in OOT. She hid from Ganondorf, gave you about half your songs, proved to be extremely powerful magic-wise, since she could hide from the most powerful man in the current universe.

Impa fought off... an enemy, gave you a song, and (offscreen), trained Zelda(which we're sure she did, of course).

Neither is severely more important as you're making 'em. Please explain Impa's roles outside of OOT and SS. I dare ya.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SS is ENOUGH. More than enough.

If just OOT did it for Sheik, how the **** can this not be enough????

Seriously?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She is not her own character, and never will. How is that important?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not enough to replace a Veteran. If the character is so important in more than one game, I'm sure you can prove that. Not that it matters to Sakurai, since story roles clearly don't matter, or he doesn't say it matters. Also, Sheik is Zelda, the MAIN character. Link/Young Link/Toon Link and Ganondorf/Toon Ganondorf are also the main characters. Impa doesn't have anything over that.

Prove she's importance besides those two games. Sheik does more gameplay-wise in OOT, something Impa doesn't. Impa is at best even with Sheik. Unless you can cite other games where she plays an important role.

Also, what Pichu Fan said. Smash wins every single time. The more important they are in Smash, the more likely they are to stay.

Sheik is a separate playable CHARACTER in Smash. So is Zelda, they were intended to be one, but they work fine separate from eachother. Oh, wait, Sheik is a different character, just the same person.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Problem is...

And, she ONLY appeared in OOT, and NO OTHER GAME out of 20 titles? 20 titles vs 1?

Ignoring retros who never fought in game before their Smash appearance, you know who else never fought in game? Captain Falcon.

Problem is...

Say hi to Ivysaur, ROB (technically), Jigglypuff, and Ice Climbers (in retrospect)!

Problem is...

Ness was in 1 of 3 Mother Games.
Lucas was in 1 of 3 Mother Games.
Ice Climbers.
ROB.
Lucario (At the time of Brawl, assuming Diamond and Pearl count as one.)

Problem is...

Oh look. You have no more "problems!"

D

Deleted member

Current results of my poll:

All in favor of Impa replacing Sheik: 0.
All opposed: 9.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Robotnik, I pretty much feel the same way except for Mewtwo

If/when he comes back, then at that point, pretty much anyone could get in and I wouldn't really give a ****

D

Deleted member

Everyone knows why Mewtwo is gone.

He was questioning why he was in the game in Melee. :troll:

"Watashi wa naze koko ni irunoka....?"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually... if you were to reword that poll to say "do you want Impa in Smash 4?" instead of "do you want Impa to replace Sheik in Smash 4?" I'm pretty sure the results would be different. We all know that "replacing/cutting characters" is a taboo topic in the Smash community.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are those even familiar with Zelda?

Jigglypuff: nr2 most popular Pokemon. Can obviously fight.
Ness: main character of the only Mother game released outside JP
Ice Climbers: retro VIPs.
ROB: same, plenty of cameos as well
Lucario: hugely popular

Sheik falls short to even these characters. She isn't comparable to any of those, as all are easily more important.

Captain Falcon is the very first WTF character of the series. And sole representative of F-Zero. If Sheik had her own game series I wouldn't say anything. In fact, she's an unimportant sub character in just ONE Zelda game. Out of like 20 others. She doesn't stand out in any way.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik is a Ninja. And is able to teleport. Zelda shows no actual fighting skills or any skills whatsoever besides removing barriers. People teleport to fight. Nobody removes a Barrier to fight. Your point is invalid.

@arc: Except that's not the issue here. People don't have a problem with Impa being playable, it's replacing Sheik, an unique character that's the other half of Zelda, that's a problem.

yani

Smash Lord
Sheik has her own half on the character screen.

Also, people don't need to be familiar with Zelda. They need to be familiar with Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda used magic to hold Ganon for Link to finish him, then sealed him away. Sheik just... Disappeared. And that's it.

Impa would get her own slot. What about that?

WHY AM I EVEN DEFENDING THIS I GOT THAT DAMN BLOG LOL

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

In Brawl. To be fair.

But either way, I keep hearing people call them not their own characters. That's wrong.

Every form is a character. They play different roles, have different powers. Sheik is not her own PERSON, correct. But they're different playable characters. The only one in Smash that you could argue not being their own character is PT himself. At best.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

That doesn't mean anything. I don't see Zero Suit Samus on the character select screen and she is Samus' other half. I didn't see Sheik on the character select screen in Melee.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I've finally registered on this forum after lurking for about 3+ years just to say this:

Impa will never be in ssb. :sheikbrawl:

D

Deleted member

Your reasonings are crap:

1. Jigglypuff WAS the 2nd most popular Pokemon AT THE TIME. Now, she is not. By your logic, she should be axed for a more popular Pokemon.

2. Sakurai DOESN'T GIVE A **** about Ness being "worldwide", you know why? SMASH WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO BE JAPAN ONLY!!!

3. Being a Retro "VIP" doesn't excuse the Climbers. They still were in ONLY ONE ****TY GAME. They should've been dumped for the NEW revival character (Pit). But they weren't. But, seeing as Pit's no longer a "retro revival" due to Uprising, they still have a chance to am-scray.

4. R.O.B. is not much of a "retro VIP", seeing as he isn't really a character, but a peripheral. The reason why R.O.B. is big to Nintendo is because he saved video games in the Western Market. THAT'S why he's in Smash, not because he's "Retro".

5. Lucario was pushed upon by GameFreak, so like I said before, YOU CAN'T USE HIM AS AN EXAMPLE.

yani

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean anything. I don't see Zero Suit Samus on the character select screen and she is Samus' other half. I didn't see Sheik on the character select screen in Melee.

You answered your own question. Sheik has her half where as ZSS does not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

That's not his point. He means that they're all different playable characters. Which is all that matters.

Thus, Sheik not being her own character is an invalid statement. Especially for people who don't know how stories work. When a person has a personality change, they become an entirely new character.(keep in mind that a gradual change is not what I mean. A split personality treats people as their own character.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've finally registered on this forum after lurking for about 3+ years just to say this:

Impa will never be in ssb. :sheikbrawl:
No, your here to **** up my poll. Thanks for that. It's appreciated.

Gotta say it now.

SS Zelda > WW Zelda / Tetra >> OOT Zelda / Sheik >> TP Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom