• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Anyway, tag team idea: I love it.

I also wish Assist would be summonable like from a button push and in order to do it, you must fill a meter. Going on, you can choose your assist from the character selection before you fight. (-lvl-);

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Like I said, Mewtwo's got a LOT going for him
The Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo is among the most powerful and well-known Pokémon ever. Featured prominently in the first Pokémon video game, the first Pokémon Trading Card Game expansion, and the first Pokémon movie, Mewtwo holds a special place in the hearts of Pokémon fans. Identified as a Psychic-type Pokémon created by cloning the Mythical Pokémon Mew, its history has always been shrouded in intrigue. But one well-known fact is that Mewtwo has long been a favorite of Pokémon Trainers around the world.
Stupid 10 chars

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And people were expecting Sheik to be cut in Brawl. I'd say that's even more "shock value" that she made a comeback with a TP design

Not as much as her getting her much warranted removal, and Impa getting in Smash 4 instead.

She was considered for TP, but got cut, and didn't return in the next major game, instead... Who returned again?

GoldenY, don't lemme go Great Ape at you!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Just you wait a couple of episodes. I'll come at ya next week!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hold it, Diddy. Sheik could NOT have appeared in SS because she did not exist time-wise yet. Consistency, something that matters in Zelda, was used. Impa was actually born at that time, Sheik was not created. The only time she could've appeared would be after SS and OOT. Ever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hell, I want Mewtwo back as well. I just want atleast a 5th Gen and another new Pokemon first. But I would definitely return him if there's enough space after all 5 gens get a rep. Well, 4th and 2nd are covered, so I could see that less important.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa instructed Zelda to be Sheik in OOT, as Impa is an actual Sheikah, Sheik is not. So logically it could've happened in SS. Also it'd be very logical to assume that IF Sheik ever would return, Impa would as well. See my point now?

*charging my power level as I talk*

D

Deleted member

>Implying Zelda needed a disguise like she did in OoT.
>Ghirahim able to sense her.
>Point of disguise failed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Its kinda hard for me to get exited about Sm4sh honestly, hopefully E3 2012 will make my hype skyrocket.
Yeah, a simple confirmation and a short Iwata/Sakurai interview with barely any real meat on the bone, both with no visual proof whatsoever, is not easy to get excited about. And since Kid Icarus: Uprising is (close to) pretty much done, I won't think Sakurai will have much time to bring up something REALLY nice for E3 '12 (unless he has been lying about his progress on Sm4sh) but I believe sometime AFTER E3 is when we'll get something great (again, unless Sakurai has been lying about his progress).

Also, I'm pretty sure, either by Nintendo or some 3rd party, will make a controller made for the Wii U to look like a standard controller (maybe even GC styled) on or close to the release of Sm4sh. I'm possibly sure Sakurai doesn't feel comfortable with the Wii U tablet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>Implying Zelda needed a disguise like she did in OoT.
>Ghirahim able to sense her.
>Point of disguise failed.
Impa protected Zelda.
No need for Sheik.

And Ganondorf's power level >> Ghirahim's.

Yani: there where no trophies of the Sages at all in Melee, and all Zelda trophies from Brawl where literally copied from models of TP and WW. And I'm very sure Impa was mentioned still in them.

Your still a cheater so I don't care what you say :rolleyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Impa couldn't do crap about Ganondorf. The Sheik persona's magic was able to protect Zelda. Also, let's remember that Zelda had the triforce at the time. She probably needed that to hide from Ganondorf.

Perhaps there was no Trophies of the Sages because... Sakurai doesn't give a crap about the storyline when selecting stuff? Or they were not important to him whatsoever?

Also, using the most updated and best-looking models... make quite a lot of sense, don't you think?

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf's "power level" is irrelevant.

By all means, that means he must be mentally handicapped not to know that SHEIK WAS ZELDA. And how he didn't know TETRA WAS ZELDA until he almost killed her.
While Ghirahim would just be able to see through any disguise she makes by SENSING HER.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We were on to something there, then it got lost in another page of Sheik v. Impa.
How about we put that to rest for a moment and talk about tag battles...or someone else. Or story mode.

I feel like if tag battles worked well enough we could have somehting more than just singles, doubles, and possibly low tier.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Story Mode could be rather interesting. I'm hoping for atleast dialogue, so we know what's actually going on. It would also help to make sure every character is important, something lacking in Brawl.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Story Mode could be rather interesting. I'm hoping for atleast dialogue, so we know what's actually going on. It would also help to make sure every character is important, something lacking in Brawl.
It's hard to make every character important. I was thinking they should have teams of four, meaning the total amount of characters must be divisible by four. Then you start out with Mario, Pikachu, Kirby and Link who meet eachother in the beginning and begin going through their story, interacting/fighting with other characters. When you get to certain points you unlock new teams of four and follow their story from the beginning and in doing so unlock more character threads, all which diverge and cross. there would be points where a certain thread could become unplayable until certain expectations are met to avoid playing through the entire story with one team. At the end all teams meet up and go through the final stages whilst allowing you to choose your characters from the entire cast rather than just 4.

Brawl sort of did this without any structure and at time sit got confusing jumping around and just seemed to skip parts for the sake of adding another char to the story who interacts with nobody.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Give me a mention of any other character from the Oracle games that got a trophy in Melee then? I'm pretty damn sure Impa gets mentioned on trophies in both Melee and Brawl.

Zelda grew a **** when using her Sheik disguise. And who says Ghirahim can sence stuff like that?

Impa was also the reason why Zelda even escaped from Ganondorf in OOT. I'm pretty sure you know that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's hard to make every character important. I was thinking they should have teams of four, meaning the total amount of characters must be divisible by four. Then you start out with Mario, Pikachu, Kirby and Link who meet eachother in the beginning and begin going through their story, interacting/fighting with other characters. When you get to certain points you unlock new teams of four and follow their story from the beginning and in doing so unlock more character threads, all which diverge and cross. there would be points where a certain thread could become unplayable until certain expectations are met to avoid playing through the entire story with one team. At the end all teams meet up and go through the final stages whilst allowing you to choose your characters from the entire cast rather than just 4.
I'm talking about for cutscenes. And they barely made anybody important, really. Lucas, Kiby, MK, Pikachu, R.O.B. Ganondorf, Master Hand, King DeDeDe, Sonic, and that was it outside of OC-Bosses. The rest had some nice things, but nothing that made them stand out in the actual storyline.

What I expect if for everyone(that's not a bonus character like the hidden 3) to play an actual important role. Pit and Yoshi did absolutely nothing. Literally.

Zelda was a small girl, Diddy. Seriously. :facepalm: Of course she couldn't do it on her own. And Sheik is female, my god. Ganondorf could sense the spirit of Zelda with his magic. He's that damn powerful. The only thing that could've protected Sheik was either Zelda's own personal magic, OR the Triforce of Wisdom. Impa's magic is nowhere that good in OOT. Maybe in SS, but in OOT, she shows no actual real power besides at most a teleport and the ability to fight against dark forces(but no real power).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oracla games didn't because Sakurai didn't care to. Awakening got a trophy so..

That, and they weren't entirely super popular. But this is due to gameplay issues and so many required difficult mini-games. The other Zelda games weren't as much of a problem. They were good, no doubt.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She could hold Beast Ganon down enough long enough for Link to kill him so... Yeah, Sheik was female, but Link probably didn't know that. Sheik is also referred to as a young man by Ruto so... Her growing a **** was a joke.

Link was probably the same age as Zelda, and got stuff done by himself. Anyways. This all doesn't disprove Impa being more worthy than Sheik.

Diddy also didn't have a trophy in Melee. But he was mentioned in 2 other trophies. Ivysaur also didn't get anything in Melee, Bulbasaur did, and Venusaur was in a ball.

Impa got trophy mentions in both games though, so she wasn't forgotten.

yani

Smash Lord
Diddy wasn't included because Sakurai thought Rare owned him iirc, and to be fair Ivysaur was added to have a second evolution Pokemon

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
10%, its not much. I don't expect it in any shape or form though.

Dixie still got a trophy in Melee, as well as K.Rool. Where they not Rare owned you think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik being in two Smash games with Impa barely getting a mention proves that in Smash, Sheik is INDEED more worthy.

Also, Beast Ganon does not exist in OOT. That's Pig Ganon. Honestly, do your research a bit better. They're different characters completely.

Also, Ruto could not tell the difference. How could she? Or maybe she already knew and didn't say to prevent anyone from being able to recognize Zelda? We don't know why she said that either

Link and Zelda were indeed the same age(well, that we know), which is around... 17 in OOT.

Also, getting Trophy mentions don't mean anything. Venusaur wasn't playable, after all. That was Ivysaur. I mean, you're making my Waluigi theory look legit, and that's just bad. I don't even think he'll be added. I think he has a fair chance, but why would Sakurai do that? When there's better choices.

We know he thinks Sheik is important to the Zelda character herself. Pichu was the only one he did not care about whatsoever. He even thought of making a Toon Sheik. It's pretty clear that replacing her with Impa is way too unrealistic and unlikely. I don't even think she has any real chance of getting her own slot.

There's absolutely no one that'll ever really be cut among the Zelda characters. All 5 of them will continue to show up. I'd like to remind you that if Sakurai could, he'd cut regular Link before Child Link. But that would make no sense, since Link is part of the original 12, is a 3 time veteran, and extremely popular.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah idk why Dixie and Rool got trophies and not Diddy, but there was a lot of confusion as to who owns who. So still

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Once again, gonna need a source.
You'll never get one Chu, you will never get one/

Is it really IGNORING if we've heard all your points before, and just don't agree?

Still, we need a THIRD-PARTY in this. Diddy's INCESSANTNESS is pretty uncool, but all the HARDASSERY in response to it is pretty uncool too.
But see, the thing is, how can we be uncool if we've told him to stop, IUNNO, for the past two months? Now he's just getting what he asks for. He's ****ing annoying. Biggest fanboy I've ever met. And I know Arcadenik. :troll:

Seriously though. If he doesn't stop, I'm putting him on ignore... and I never ignore anyone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Sakurai wanted to actually add Diddy Kong, but couldn't get permission. It's possible that King K. Rool and Dixie were owned by Nintendo(or they got the copyright during the time), and Diddy just didn't get it. But that's a plausible theory.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do my research better!? The ****? I did that EXACT boss battle like a week a go! Beast / Pig, whatever. Last time I checked, a pig was still a beast. Didn't Rare created StarFox according to you again?

And don't bring me this Toon Sheik bull **** again...

Toon Link made it in, Young Link got out. There is your first Zelda cut. They play significantly different even though having similar moves.

Sheik is not important to Zelda, as EVERYONE PLAYS THEM APART. She stayed because of that spare design, which was made for Zelda TP (but she got cut from it) NOT for Brawl.

Wanna get reminded of that there is no SS Sheik again? Check Hyrule Hystorica.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ganondorf doesn't need a new Zelda role. Unless it's a different timeline. He's dead in both main ones right now.(WW and TP) Which means nothing, since he'll always be the main villain. Always.
Actually, Ganondorf is dead in all three timelines. Remember Zelda II?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's still far more likely than Sheik to ever appear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom