• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's not a Zelda Cut. There is Child Link. No character was completely cut Zelda-wise. Toon Link isn't that different from Young Link, and hell, it's still LINK himself. Sheik is not Impa. Replacing someone with almost the exact same character isn't even that big of a deal. There is a huge difference.

And hate to tell you, but the TP version is called Beast Ganon. Pig Ganon is when he's a regular Moblin. Also, TP's version is often known as Boar Ganon. A Beast-form actually is like an, you know, actual beast. Moblins are humanoid, Diddy.

Also, nobody actually CARES how important Sheik is to the Zelda series(although she's one of the main characters regardless). All that matters is that she is deemed important in Smash, which we both know she severely is. She's always going to be a key part of the Zelda's gameplay. Atleast how Sakurai views it.

Also, Sakurai ASKED if there was a TP Design. If there wasn't, he would've made it himself.

And don't ever say Impa will ever be important to Smash when Sakurai made it already clear with his actions that he wants Sheik in there. She's the second Zelda-Series character revealed. He specifically asked for a TP model. He even planned to make a clone of her. Impa has none of this. She has zero importance to Smash, where it counts.

Sakurai does not care about relevancy whatsoever. He made that clear by saying that himself. There is nothing that points to Impa ever having any legitimate chance of replacing Sheik. Ever.

Cut means the character does not exist in any shape or form. Young Link was replaced, not cut. Mewtwo wasn't cut, he just failed to make it in. I'm talking about being completely cut. And not replaced. Pichu is the only character that ever got this treatment.

Actually, Ganondorf is dead in all three timelines. Remember Zelda II?
And Ganon got revived(not for long) in the Oracle games. Also, Ganondorf didn't exist back then anyway. So I wouldn't give that scene too much credit.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really think it's silly to state that a character is more likely going to be playable in Smash just because they were an Assist Trophy or had a trophy or a sticker or even a mention in someone else's trophy.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really think it's silly to state that a character is more likely going to be playable in Smash just because they were an Assist Trophy or had a trophy or a sticker or even a mention in someone else's trophy.

Actually, Assist Trophies are legitimate since Sakurai even stated they were characters considered for being playable, but didn't make the cut. I don't believe any are guaranteed, but it does up their chances a little. Also, Charizard was basically the same as an AT and became playable. So being a Trophy/Assist Trophy does mean Sakurai knows who they are. A simple mention, well, let's be honest, it just means he recognizes that they had an important in storyline(something we know he cares little about, hence why he makes very simple ones). It's never been a factor to him, really.

The rest, completely agreed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That "Beast Ganon" is in fact a beast, its a boar. Last time I checked, a boar was DEFINITELY a pig. He even walks on all 4! How can you NOT call that a pig? But a demon thing with just a pigs nose definitely must be called a pig..?

You all ignore that the time pre Brawl is over. TP is over, Brawl is over. SS is out, Smash 4 just now in development. Where you think they'll look for for inspiration?

How can you say Sakurai doesn't care for this, and Sakurai doesn't care for that. You don't know the man!

A decently good new role from a character who was in the Zelda franchise for long is a good indication this character will get noted. Especially if Sakurai himself is / was aparently playing through this same game. Impa, Zelda and Link are the only characters re-occurring who had actual character development! It's rare to see this in Zelda besides some small exceptions.

I'm pretty much not giving up on this unless it can at the very least be said its not a terrible idea. Most of you didn't even ****ing played this game, or Zelda at all. How can you say my opinion is **** then? WTF?

yani

Smash Lord
Zelda WiiU is also in development. You constantly ignore that fact. Also Ghirihim is a better pick if we're talkin a SS rep

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About Meowth again... I'd like to see Team Rocket in Smash somehow... like Pokemon Trainer meets Ice Climbers.

Maybe you play as Meowth... but with down B, Meowth switches tag team partners. So, it would be like Meowth have three moveset, depending on whether he is alone or when he is teamed up with Weezing and Arbok.

Meowth alone would utilize coin-based attacks and quick scratches.

Meowth with Weezing would grant Meowth multiple jumps (by hanging on Weezing) and poison-based specials.

Meowth with Arbok would grant Meowth long-ranged grapple-based playstyle and a tether recovery.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That "Beast Ganon" is in fact a beast, its a boar. Last time I checked, a boar was DEFINITELY a pig. He even walks on all 4! How can you NOT call that a pig? But a demon thing with just a pigs nose definitely must be called a pig..?

You all ignore that the time pre Brawl is over. TP is over, Brawl is over. SS is out, Smash 4 just now in development. Where you think they'll look for for inspiration?

How can you say Sakurai doesn't care for this, and Sakurai doesn't care for that. You don't know the man!

A decently good new role from a character who was in the Zelda franchise for long is a good indication this character will get noted. Especially if Sakurai himself is / was aparently playing through this same game. Impa, Zelda and Link are the only characters re-occurring who had actual character development! It's rare to see this in Zelda besides some small exceptions.

I'm pretty much not giving up on this unless it can at the very least be said its not a terrible idea. Most of you didn't even ****ing played this game, or Zelda at all. How can you say my opinion is **** then? WTF?

You wanna know how? SMASH IS MORE IMPORTANT WHEN IT COMES TO POPULARITY. Impa had NO mention outside of a sticker. Sheik has been playable twice. Toon Sheik. Not Tetra.
SAKURAI PLAYS GAMES. AND? Character development doesn't matter, either. Kirby has NEVER had development. It IS a terrible idea because Zelda importance DOESN'T ****ING MATTER. Sheik is in Smash. End of story. GET OVER IT. :mad:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I DON'T CONSTANTLY IGNORE THAT **** I CONSTANTLY DISPROVE THAT ****.

Galaxy was also in development during Brawl.
What did Mario got in Brawl again??? A far older game even at that time represented than SS is now to a 2014 / 2015 release.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Boars are not Pigs. My god, they're different species. One is a spin-off of another. Next you're going to tell me a Housecat is a Lion.

And we know Sakurai doesn't care about storyline. He even said himself he's not good with it. He just likes it simple.

And none of that crap matters to Sakurai. If Impa was actually IMPORTANT like she was in OOT, she'd have gotten a damn trophy. She didn't. Because he doesn't care about story roles. He does not really care about her, which you seem to think he does. He does care about Sheik, which we know from his actions.

Read his goddamn criteria again: Story Roles and relevancy are NOT one of his criteria. Popularity, Uniqueness, those actually count. You're basing this upon nothing Sakurai has shown he would do.

You consistently sprout off the same crap that we've refuted TONS of times. You're just spamming now. STOP. Seriously, man.

Give us actual reasons related to Sakurai's criteria, and having her own slot would be believable.

You also have proven nothing that makes Impa likely to EVER replace Sheik. Absolutely nothing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Popularity and uniqueness. My Team Rocket idea is pretty unique... and Team Rocket are still popular, including Meowth.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Popularity and uniqueness. My Team Rocket idea is pretty unique... and Team Rocket are still popular, including Meowth.

I'd love to see them in there. To replace PT, so we can also get a 5th Gen. And if we still have space, Mewtwo. Then if we have six slots, 3rd Gen.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I DON'T CONSTANTLY IGNORE THAT **** I CONSTANTLY DISPROVE THAT ****.

Galaxy was also in development during Brawl.
What did Mario got in Brawl again??? A far older game even at that time represented than SS is now to a 2014 / 2015 release.

And your point? It was IN DEVELOPMENT, not out. The most recent MAIN Mario game at the time was Sunshine. FLUDD repped that, along with Delfino Plaza. Galaxy came out afterwards, so DUH they aren't going to use anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A boar is a male pig. All Ganon forms have been boars therefore. Not pigs. How the **** can he chance spiecies now?

Note how Sheik's popularity isn't as big as it used to be. How you believe her popularity held down is beyond me. In Melee she's liked, nobody really plays her in Brawl. Furthermore, SHE NEVER WAS IN ZELDA EVER AGAIN.

Arguing with you hurts my head, mostly my brain cells. My intense drinking period in my teens can't compare to this.

Galaxy was out before Brawl actually.

yani

Smash Lord
Where do you get this "nobody really plays her in Brawl" nonsense. Zelda is in every Zelda, and Zelda is Sheik so she technically is in all of them :sheik:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

No she's not.

Zelda is a different incarnation every time. Sheik therefore holds pretty much no relevance at all. Can those not knowing **** about Zelda step out now please?

Mo, call the internet cops. I DON'T GIVE A ****!

yani

Smash Lord
AND SO IS IMPA. She doesn't do anything in the other games. Good job Diddy you're learning !

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
4. Team Rocket (Meowth, Meowth & Weezing, Meowth & Arbok)
5. 5th gen rep
6. Mewtwo

I could live with that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nobody cares if she was ever in Zelda game(except you). She was in Smash. Where it matters. Stop using that faulty logic that has nothing.

And Sheik is indeed extremely popular.

Likewise, if you don't want to use the term Pig Ganon. The version outside of TP was either Puppet Ganon or Moblin Ganon. Moblin Ganon is nothing alike Boar Ganon. The terminology isn't that important. But they are completely different as is. There are two Ganon designs. Moblin, and Boar. Moblins are based upon Pigs, or specifically, Orcs with Pig designs.

Also, Sheik is played a LOT more in both Smashes. Are you honestly ignoring the competitive scene? There's a reason why Sheik is higher on the tier list. People she's just plain better. Why would they remove the stronger half of Zelda? Both halfs are part of the same character.

She's also not more popular, as the polls clearly suggest otherwise. A LOT.

Prove that Impa will indeed apply to the other criteria. You have YET to do that.

And there's only one Zelda in Smash so far. The designs don't matter, since it's still Zelda. There's three Links.

Relevance does not matter. Latest game does not matter for purposes of a character getting in. All that matters is that Sakurai likes them, and the other criteria. Impa is not more popular than Sheik. That includes everything. Impa is barely any more unique than Sheik. In fact, they have.... one difference. A Barrier.

@Arc: No, PT should be 1st, 2nd, 3rd. That's not even what I said. If we have Team Rocket, we have a Pokemon Trainer, we don't need him too. 11 Pokemon Reps and zero 4th and 3rd Gen isn't going to happen anyway. It's not likely. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AND SO IS IMPA. She doesn't do anything in the other games. Good job Diddy you're learning !
Except, Impa actually returns. Quite often.

What are your criteria? I'm pretty sure I've been there PLENTY of times, but still.

yani

Smash Lord
As you can see I made note of her returning, just being useless. Which you chose to ignore as usual

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not useless if you played Skyward Sword and know what your talking about.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about Skyward Sword. AGAIN. She's useless in all of the other games. Stop bringing up Skyward Sword

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why should I stop bringing up SS? Y'all wanted ****ing Ghirahim before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ignore Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, the only games she does ANYTHING of importance. You've explained how key she is in there. Use something else. You're spamming the same thing over and over. I'd like to remind you that not everybody has or will play SS. Finding people not willing to play OOT? Yeah, sure. OOT is immensely more popular.

Also, Ghirahim can only be noted in SS. Impa has a butt-ton of games. Why don't you use some of those in your explanation?

yani

Smash Lord
Ghirahim is a better choice than Impa for a SS rep, but that's not when I'm talking about right now. I said Impa is useless in all of the other games.

Impa wasn't noted in those tons of games by Sakurai, so your argument fails (shocker)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's not useless if you played Skyward Sword and know what your talking about.

EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT SINCE YOU KEEP BRINGING YOUR FAULTY LOGIC UP EVERY ****ING TIME YOU POST. SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY. DAMN. YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP, SO BY NOW, EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT.

Sheik is VERY popular in Smash. YOU'RE the one who doesn't know ****. Also, it isn't HF's criteria, it's Sakurai's. SO SHUT UP.

GOD.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. How do "Call the internet cops" and "I don't give a ****!" even mesh

It's like saying "Call the ambulance 'cause I just banged your mom!" or something equally stupid

2. What the **** is an "internet cop" in the first place

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm copying down Sakurai's Criteria.

Look, nobody is saying that your criteria is a problem, Diddy. We're saying that it won't work in Smash. Everybody has their own criteria. I don't have a problem with yours. What I have a problem with is that you refuse to acknowledge Sakurai's Criteria.

The biggest problem is that Waluigi better fits Sakurai's criteria than Impa does. Of course, I would choose Impa first, respectively, but when I refer to his Criteria, that's what matters when you're talking about "likely". If you remove all of the likely crap from your argument, then your criteria isn't a problem. But you're applying your criteria as if it exists for real. It does not. It has zero effect on Smash, and it never will.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WHAT THE ****? SHEIK DID NOTHING IN OOT, YOU GUYS ARE NOT EVEN READING ANYTHING AT ALL, YOU CAN'T CLAIM TO KNOW ****.

In fact, I called the internet cops! They provided me with this suitable image to all of you

yani

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter that Sheik did nothing in OoT. She is Zelda, and he made the move set work. She's now important to Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
11 1st gen reps? I only see 9.

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Squirtle
4. Ivysaur
5. Charizard
6. Meowth (solo)
7. Arbok (teamed with Meowth)
8. Weezing (teamed with Meowth)
9. Mewtwo

I don't think it matters if there are too many 1st gen Pokemon. To Nintendo and Sakurai, they are all Pokemon... they don't seem to care which generation they come from... they are all Pokemon... no need for labels. Sakurai's criteria didn't ask for each gen to be repped with a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom