• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
-And here's what I would add:

- Mega Man
- Ridley
- King K. Rool
- Diddy and Dixie Kong (Team)
- Ray MK III
- Victini
- Starfy
- Takamaru
- Medusa
- Bowser Jr./Paper Mario
- Little Mac
- Saki
- Isaac
I like the roster, it seems realistic except instead of Starfy I would add Palutena instead, she seems like she would be a perfect addition alongside Medusa, as for Victini I see her as probably but I see Zoroark getting in instead, but that doesn't mean Victini wouldn't get in.

Ray MK III is fine but I'd much rather see Mk I model, he's classic.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While I agree with Falco and R.O.B. and possibly Pokemon Trainer getting replaced by a newer trainer, I don't think Sonic and Ike are going anywhere.

Sonic of course is way too popular for him too get the boot, if Sakurai knows what's right he won't outrage the fans, as for Ike unless we get a new FE game before Smash development starts then it it will be unlikely that Ike will get cut, he's had two games plus recently appeared on Wii in RD, sales in Japan don't mean nothing.
These aren't my predictions, but just answering a question that Arcadenik asked.

I'm not getting into the "He's not a clone" discussion. But yeah, I could see Sonic and Snake leaving if Nintendo chooses to not have any guest characters return.

OmegaXXII

What's with this cutting Falco fad?

Falco's not a clone anymore, guys. He's not getting cut.
He obviously may not be a total clone anymore but many would agree that he just plays way too similar in style, even if knockback, damage, reflectors, animations are distant from Fox.

I just think someone like Krystal even though I don't support her would make a better choice because she would offer a different playstyle plus unique moveset.

@shortiecanbrawl: Hmm.. I see, but still 3rd party inclusion depends on both parties agreeing to the matter not just Sakurai, Of course if Sega wants Sonic in Smash then Sakurai would have to consider.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
I like the roster, it seems realistic except instead of Starfy I would add Palutena instead, she seems like she would be a perfect addition alongside Medusa,
I can see Palutena as a good addition to the cast, but I can't really see Kid Icarus or any series gain more then one slot this time around. Palutena being Pit's Final Smash is what kept me from putting her on my prediction list.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like the roster, it seems realistic except instead of Starfy I would add Palutena instead, she seems like she would be a perfect addition alongside Medusa, as for Victini I see her as probably but I see Zoroark getting in instead, but that doesn't mean Victini wouldn't get in.

Ray MK III is fine but I'd much rather see Mk I model, he's classic.
I kind of laughed, since I never recalled seeing anyone refer to Victini as a female. It's genderless in the games.

OmegaXXII

I can see Palutena as a good addition to the cast, but I can't really see Kid Icarus or any series gain more then one slot this time around. Palutena being Pit's Final Smash is what kept me from putting her on my prediction list.
While it may not happen, you have to remember that Sakurai is clearly working on uprising, he may want to promote the series in Smash, of course it may not happen that way.

Also, Palutena may be "upgraded" from being a Final Smash to possibly a character, just think of Charizard for example, it's not impossible.

@Mario_and_Sonic_guy: ah shucks, I don't know why I keep referring to Victini as female when 'it' clearly isn't.:awesome:

D

Deleted member

First Xenosaga, now this!!!

Isn't Xenoblade developed by Monolithsoft? a 3rd party?

Or are they owned under Nintendo?
It's being developed by Monolith Soft. Also, I was not aware Xenosaga was coming to the Wii.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
While it may not happen, you have to remember that Sakurai is clearly working on uprising, he may want to promote the series in Smash, of course it may not happen that way.
I think the only thing keeping Medusa or Palutena off some people's lists would be the possibility of Sakurai's humility getting in the way. That's why we had to wait until Brawl for more Kirby characters.

Of course, he may not consider Kid Icarus "his" so... I dunno.

(Can you imagine if Medusa's A combo was attacking with her hair snakes? That'd be great, lol)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zoroark, if based around the movie version, would actually be female. :V
That is pretty ironic, since 87.5% of the Zoroark are males.

@Mario_and_Sonic_guy: ah shucks, I don't know why I keep referring to Victini as female when 'it' clearly isn't.:awesome:
Those things do happen at times. Many people assume Jigglypuff is female, because of its appearance, but the truth is, Jigglypuff can also be male gendered.

OmegaXXII

I think the only thing keeping Medusa or Palutena off some people's lists would be the possibility of Sakurai's humility getting in the way. That's why we had to wait until Brawl for more Kirby characters.

Of course, he may not consider Kid Icarus "his" so... I dunno.

(Can you imagine if Medusa's A combo was attacking with her hair snakes? That'd be great, lol)
Yea, looking at it that way he may just bring in 1 new rep from the series, I was just stating to SSBFan the possibility of Palutena.

But yea, I'd much rather see Medusa first, she would be some awesome as a female antagonist, I can see it now.

Also, I was not aware Xenosaga was coming to the Wii.
I wasn't, I was stating it for PS2 a couple of years back when they decided to cancel the series. They should do it for Wii-U though.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
He obviously may not be a total clone anymore but many would agree that he just plays way too similar in style, even if knockback, damage, reflectors, animations are distant from Fox.

I just think someone like Krystal even though I don't support her would make a better choice because she would offer a different playstyle plus unique moveset.

@shortiecanbrawl: Hmm.. I see, but still 3rd party inclusion depends on both parties agreeing to the matter not just Sakurai, Of course if Sega wants Sonic in Smash then Sakurai would have to consider.

You know Omega I've begun to hate the forums it's just getting repetitive. the best thing we don't discuss who's going to be cut...because maybe cutting character was situational during SSBB....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You know Omega I've begun to hate the forums it's just getting repetitive. the best thing we don't discuss who's going to be cut...because maybe cutting character was situational during SSBB....
If this game is going to be a "revamp" you bet you'll see cuts. We are running out of room basically. If SSB4 really buckles down and focuses on balance, we are bound to see cuts from the Brawl roster, and cuts from the general roster size. IF the game is truely going to take Balance and all that jazz into consideration we will see some cuts. Even if it isn't, you'll still see a few cuts just because we are running out of roster space IMO. I think Nintendo is too smart to pull a Mortal Kombat Aragedden. Because, you have no choice but to push the restart button on the roster after a game like that. Smash shouldn't take the "bigger more extra" route. It doesn't turn out too well.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I really don't think Professor Layton will be getting in. Not that he would be a bad character, but not many people want him in and if he gets in, he'll probably be on the 3DS.
Sure he doesn't have a lot of support on these forums but that is because no one here has played his games. The Layton games are actually hugely popular and monstrously so in Japan. In regards to moveset, anyone who has played the games can tell you that he has a lot of moveset potential. Just search posts by me and you can see one I made the other day.

OmegaXXII

Yes, it does get a bit repetative with these rosters and all but... It's so much fun speculating and debating over it even if it is a bit repetative.

More stage ideas would be nice or features such as...

DLC content: Ive always wanted this for a Smash game as far as music goes, it would be so cool that it would definetly add a layer of run on any stage.

Better Online Play: It was stressing playing SSBB online, it was laggy as ****, and often disconnect, this time around though Sora and team have the experience plus the power of the Wii-U to make this work.

And if indeed the Wii-U disc is large enough to handle data then I wouldn't mind a focused SSE as well, but this around they should also focus a bit more on multiplayer as well, I'm not too sure about the 3DS though...

Those are some ideas Ive had in mind, just that I'd let y'all know.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yes, it does get a bit repetative with these rosters and all but... It's so much fun speculating and debating over it even if it is a bit repetative.

More stage ideas would be nice or features such as...

DLC content: Ive always wanted this for a Smash game as far as music goes, it would be so cool that it would definetly add a layer of run on any stage.

Better Online Play: It was stressing playing SSBB online, it was laggy as ****, and often disconnect, this time around though Sora and team have the experience plus the power of the Wii-U to make this work.

And if indeed the Wii-U disc is large enough to handle data then I wouldn't mind a focused SSE as well, but this around they should also focus a bit more on multiplayer as well, I'm not too sure about the 3DS though...

Those are some ideas Ive had in mind, just that I'd let y'all know.
What's repetitive is talking about cutting characters which is highly doubtful.....

OmegaXXII

Cutting characters? Of course there's going to be a dabate over that, people keep up bringing reasons why a certain character should or shouldn't cut and rest is well....

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
If this game is going to be a "revamp" you bet you'll see cuts. We are running out of room basically. If SSB4 really buckles down and focuses on balance, we are bound to see cuts from the Brawl roster, and cuts from the general roster size. IF the game is truely going to take Balance and all that jazz into consideration we will see some cuts. Even if it isn't, you'll still see a few cuts just because we are running out of roster space IMO. I think Nintendo is too smart to pull a Mortal Kombat Aragedden. Because, you have no choice but to push the restart button on the roster after a game like that. Smash shouldn't take the "bigger more extra" route. It doesn't turn out too well.
AMEN, brother, which is why i'm against 40-45 characters jazz ive been reader around here lately. It's overkill, imo.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
l still think Wolf will get cut. Three characters that are semi-clones of each other is too much. I'd like him to be in, but I think that he will get cut, and possibly be replaced by Krystal.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
l still think Wolf will get cut. Three characters that are semi-clones of each other is too much. I'd like him to be in, but I think that he will get cut, and possibly be replaced by Krystal.
If the fact that a franchise has three semi clones is enough reason for one of them to get cut, then said third semi clone would never have been created. :smash:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being a semi-clone isn't too bad. Though Wolf might want to have his animations adjusted.

Anyway it's a very slim cut, considering the fact that Wolf is the rival of Star Fox's major character; Fox McCloud.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wolf can hardly even be called a semi-clone. Why not cut Falco instead? :/

Wolf's specials, while conceptually the same as Fox's, actually work differently and use different animations. If you actually changed them he would be a completely different character.

All Falco provides is a bit of diversity with his featheriness. I guess you could change him up completely, but I doubt it'd be as unique as what they managed to come up with for Wolf.

Also Lucas isn't much of a semi-clone either. :V

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Wolf can hardly even be called a semi-clone. Why not cut Falco instead? :/
Because Falco is in Melee
And Melee is for men
Barwl sucs!1

More seriously, this is a good question. Falco is more similar to Fox than Wolf.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If you go by precedence, Falco would be the more likely pick. Just look back at Brawl, and how Jigglypuff got in instead of Mewtwo. The only two things that make any sense for why that was done was either because of tradition, and for the much more unlikely reason of tiers.

But how that effects clones remains to be seen, though Falco will probably be luigified.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The best solution to the Fox/Falco/Wolf problem: Make them more unique.

And on the chance that Krystal(One of the only StarFox characters with a good shot at not being some form of clone) gets in, cut the character that is hardest to make stand out as their own person, with a disctinc playstyle.

Everybody wins :D

Except whoever gets cut, but whatevs! :D

OmegaXXII

Well I can understand how you feel about having 3 similar characters, but I feel Falco should get cut not Wolf, Wolf has room for potential change, unlike Falco who has already been established as a clone/semi-clone.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Personally, I don't think it's in any need of a "revamp" to the series and I really doubt SSB4 is going to be that game with the revamp. Once the series quality declines in the majority's eye considerably and to critics, then we're more likely going to see a revamp occurring. Also, I doubt we're going to be see more then three cuts in SSB4 since Brawl IMO was better balanced then Melee's.

I believe that once we reach that limit that Nintendo can possibly put in without obviously screwing up the balance for the majority to notice, they'll end the series, at least for a long time. That's why I'm getting the feeling that if the roster is in the late 40s or more (Not including transformations), they'll pull the plug on the series after SSB4. Because really, after that, they can only really focus much on game play and less people will buy because the characters, the main reason why people will buy it, will be limited to obscure and third-party characters.
Gamingboy said:
Krystal would be a good player, but Star Fox does not need a cut. The three we have are more popular then Krystal and all started appearing before the series were generally considered to drop in quality. I still think Krystal is plausible, but not very good.

In terms of Star Fox cut, I don't think either Wolf or Fox should get the boot nor do I easily see it happening. Lucario and Toon Link are much more likely to get snipped.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Personally, I don't think it's in any need of a "revamp" to the series and I really doubt SSB4 is going to be that game with the revamp. Once the series quality declines in the majority's eye considerably and to critics, then we're more likely going to see a revamp occurring. Also, I doubt we're going to be see more then three cuts in SSB4 since Brawl IMO was better balanced then Melee's.
Well, when I said "all that jazz" I sort of clumped combo system/juggling and whatnot into that as well. I just want to be able to combo someone! Is that too much to ask. Also, the series could be reworked after Brawl. I would like to see a lot of changes. Also, Nintendo is smart enough to know when adding more isn't enough. I promise you, if Smash4 just gets "more" with no sign of new/better gameplay, by SSB5 it will be time for a revamp. And there will be a heck of a lot more cuts by then. Why not just nip it in the bud? Keep the problem small, fix it now, and not have a serious problem on our hands down the road. I'm all for a roster between 40 - 45.

Krystal would be a good player, but Star Fox does not need a cut. The three we have are more popular then Krystal and all started appearing before the series were generally considered to drop in quality. I still think Krystal is plausible, but not very good.

In terms of Star Fox cut, I don't think either Wolf or Fox should get the boot nor do I easily see it happening. Lucario and Toon Link are much more likely to get snipped.
No one is ever happy. We can't have a lot of newcomers, and keep every old character. We can have a little bit of newcomers, and all old characters, or a good amount of newcomers with a bit of cutting. Compromise makes the world do round :)

OmegaXXII

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
I think that the argument of Falco/Wolf getting the boot is due to their movesets not because of popularity.

If Sakurai changes their B Specials along with some minor modifications everyone would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom