• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly, in F-Zero you can do a spinny thing, and Captain Falcon doesn't do anything of the sort in Smash. How awful.

INCIDENTALLY, am I the only one who thinks Fox's moveset mirrors what the Arwing can do? B is like the laser, Up B is like a boost, Down B is like the barrel roll, and Side B may be a reference to when you would go WARP SPEED.
No. I've noticed that already since SSB 64.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You're making it sound worse than it is. If you want to talk about a character not being true to their game, Capt. Falcon ring a bell?
Sorry to play the devil's advocate but Captain Falcon was a clean slate and thus there really wasn't any true way to get him wrong since, in the game, he's only represented as the car he drives.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Another thing that needs to be added to SSB4 is a lot easier way to upload snapshots and videos. Stupid .bin files.

Anyways this is the concept of the Punch Out Stage I made in Stage builder.

Springs represent ropes
-can be jumped off of for aerial attacks.
-Prevents opponents from sliding off
-Items, AT, Pokemon won't fall off stage and can be more effective

The over hang allows
-ledge grabbing
-tag team matches

Other bonuses that could happen
-Like Snake's stage taunt the match will pause and each player will go to his ring. Doc Louis will appear in Mac's corner and give him some comical insight on his opponent. The the bell rings and fight resumes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I was just playing Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star on Wii Virtual Console earlier... I noticed that at least two of Captain Falcon's specials came from those two Kirby games.

Raptor Boost (Side + B) seems to be based off Fighter Kirby's Rising Break (Up + Y) in Kirby Super Star. The animations of Raptor Boost and Rising Break look nearly identical.

Falcon Kick (Down + B) seems to be based off Fiery Dive (Fire Kirby + Coo) in Kirby's Dream Land 3. The controls of Falcon Kick and Fiery Dive feel identical, right down to the angle.

Not sure where Falcon Punch (B) and Falcon Dive (Up + B) come from, but I will keep an eye out.

So, I was just playing Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star on Wii Virtual Console earlier... I noticed that at least two of Captain Falcon's specials came from those two Kirby games.

Raptor Boost (Side + B) seems to be based off Fighter Kirby's Rising Break (Up + Y) in Kirby Super Star. The animations of Raptor Boost and Rising Break look nearly identical.

Falcon Kick (Down + B) seems to be based off Fiery Dive (Fire Kirby + Coo) in Kirby's Dream Land 3. The controls of Falcon Kick and Fiery Dive feel identical, right down to the angle.

Not sure where Falcon Punch (B) and Falcon Dive (Up + B) come from, but I will keep an eye out.
Falcon dive probably came from Kirby's up attack (The upppercut).

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

It doesn't need a genius to make captain falcon's moves -.-

Another thing that needs to be added to SSB4 is a lot easier way to upload snapshots and videos. Stupid .bin files.

Anyways this is the concept of the Punch Out Stage I made in Stage builder.

Springs represent ropes
-can be jumped off of for aerial attacks.
-Prevents opponents from sliding off
-Items, AT, Pokemon won't fall off stage and can be more effective

The over hang allows
-ledge grabbing
-tag team matches

Other bonuses that could happen
-Like Snake's stage taunt the match will pause and each player will go to his ring. Doc Louis will appear in Mac's corner and give him some comical insight on his opponent. The the bell rings and fight resumes.
Can you go on top of the pole?

I know it's not wrestling but it's a pretty cool idea

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It doesn't need a genius to make captain falcon's moves -.-
Nope... at least now we know Captain Falcon's moveset wasn't 100% completely made up from nothing. :awesome:

Does anyone even know what PK Fire looks like in EarthBound or Mother 3? No? Well, the animation of Ness's version of PK Fire seems to be based on Ground Blaze (Fire Kirby + Nago) in Kirby's Dream Land 3. Of course Ness's fire pillar stays in one place while Nag's moves along the ground... one more thing, the animations of Ness's Smash Up/Down + A seem to be based on Yo-Yo Kirby's up/down attacks in Kirby Super Star.

Yoshi's Egg Roll was made up in Melee because he never rolled around inside an egg before. Yoshi rolled inside an egg in Mario Power Tennis but that game came out a few years after Melee. So, where did it come from? Wheel Kirby from Kirby Super Star. The controls are the same, right down to pressing the button again to stop rolling. Yoshi's Egg Throw was from Yoshi's Island/Story games but it controls nothing like in Yoshi's games. The eggs don't fly in straight lines nor do they bounce off walls. The controls of Yoshi's Egg Throw is nearly identical to Bomb Kirby in Kirby Super Star. That's why the eggs fly in curves and explode.

Hammer Kirby in Kirby Super Star is the reason why Ice Climbers have Squall Hammer (Side + B) and why King Dedede have Jet Hammer (Down + B). Interestingly enough, Snake's Remote Controlled Missile (Side + B) controls similarly to Remote Control Pitch (Spark Kirby + Pitch) in Kirby's Dream Land 3, of course the bird does not explode upon impact with an enemy like Snake's missile does.

Even the Pokemon are influenced by Kirby's games. Pikachu's Thunder (Down + B) seems to be based on Lightning Bolt (Spark Kirby + Coo) while the controls of Ivysaur's Razor Leaf (Side + B) is very similar to Sharp Feather (Cutter Kirby + Coo) in Kirby's Dream Land 3... even the animation of the leaf resembles the feather's. Mewtwo's forward throw is very similar to Beam Kirby's Capture Beam while Lucario's Double Team (Down + B) resembles Mirror Kirby's Mirror Body in Kirby Super Star.

Notice how Zero Suit Samus and Sheik dive to the ground by kicking? It is Aerial Down + A and it seems to be based on Ninja Kirby's Ninja Kick in Kirby Super Star. The animations and the angles are nearly identical!

It cannot be a coincidence because Sakurai makes Kirby games and Smash games.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
If you wanna go by the fact we are talking about Fire Emblem and none of the Fire Emblem characters became untrue to their game (even Roy)....and BTW If a game involve fighting...why would Sakurai create a whole new moveset and if you want a Lance character that plays on foot...look no further....

Presenting Ephraim

Pros :

-He is one of the two main lords in the game.

-He has a great skill using Lance.

-He is the first canon character to use Lance on foot (before promotion).

Cons :

-His game is quite old.

-No sequel.

-The game wasn't received well.

Animated Pictures:

As you said, Ephraim really isn't that popular. As much as I would like a lance-base character, I wouldn't count on him. I guess you could consider Caeda instead, but she isn't as like likely as it is, being a pseudo-main character.

By the way, a question for the supporters: what do you think her moveset will be like?

@Arcadenik

Then again, I remember reading somewhere that the original smash was based of Super Star... so no surprise there.

Nope... at least now we know Captain Falcon's moveset wasn't 100% completely made up from nothing. :awesome:

Does anyone even know what PK Fire looks like in EarthBound or Mother 3? No? Well, the animation of Ness's version of PK Fire seems to be based on Ground Blaze (Fire Kirby + Nago) in Kirby's Dream Land 3. Of course Ness's fire pillar stays in one place while Nag's moves along the ground... one more thing, the animations of Ness's Smash Up/Down + A seem to be based on Yo-Yo Kirby's up/down attacks in Kirby Super Star.

Yoshi's Egg Roll was made up in Melee because he never rolled around inside an egg before. Yoshi rolled inside an egg in Mario Power Tennis but that game came out a few years after Melee. So, where did it come from? Wheel Kirby from Kirby Super Star. The controls are the same, right down to pressing the button again to stop rolling. Yoshi's Egg Throw was from Yoshi's Island/Story games but it controls nothing like in Yoshi's games. The eggs don't fly in straight lines nor do they bounce off walls. The controls of Yoshi's Egg Throw is nearly identical to Bomb Kirby in Kirby Super Star. That's why the eggs fly in curves and explode.

Hammer Kirby in Kirby Super Star is the reason why Ice Climbers have Squall Hammer (Side + B) and why King Dedede have Jet Hammer (Down + B). Interestingly enough, Snake's Remote Controlled Missile (Side + B) controls similarly to Remote Control Pitch (Spark Kirby + Pitch) in Kirby's Dream Land 3, of course the bird does not explode upon impact with an enemy like Snake's missile does.

Even the Pokemon are influenced by Kirby's games. Pikachu's Thunder (Down + B) seems to be based on Lightning Bolt (Spark Kirby + Coo) while the controls of Ivysaur's Razor Leaf (Side + B) is very similar to Sharp Feather (Cutter Kirby + Coo) in Kirby's Dream Land 3... even the animation of the leaf resembles the feather's. Mewtwo's forward throw is very similar to Beam Kirby's Capture Beam while Lucario's Double Team (Down + B) resembles Mirror Kirby's Mirror Body in Kirby Super Star.

Notice how Zero Suit Samus and Sheik dive to the ground by kicking? It is Aerial Down + A and it seems to be based on Ninja Kirby's Ninja Kick in Kirby Super Star. The animations and the angles are nearly identical!

It cannot be a coincidence because Sakurai makes Kirby games and Smash games.
Wow.

This feels weird. It's like Sakurai was too lazy to make the animations of the attacks so he ripped it out from Kirby's abilities.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
As you said, Ephraim really isn't that popular. As much as I would like a lance-base character, I wouldn't count on him. I guess you could consider Caeda instead, but she isn't as like likely as it is, being a pseudo-main character.

By the way, a question for the supporters: what do you think her moveset will be like?
Excuuuuuuuuuuse me ........ Caeda is nothing more than a Lover for Marth nothing more her death mean nothing in the game. you know who have the best chance ? the "My Unit" character from the latest Fire Emblem...the guy from the cover that stand beside Marth....if Ike going to be replaced that guy is the most likely representative.

More infos.
Best part is his = Game Over....

Another pictures....

Female version :

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Excuuuuuuuuuuse me ........ Caeda is nothing more than a Lover for Marth nothing more her death mean nothing in the game. you know who have the best chance ? the "My Unit" character from the latest Fire Emblem...the guy from the cover that stand beside Marth....if Ike going to be replaced that guy is the most likely representative.
Would be cool if you could switch between the male and female versions of MyUnit.

But first we need to get FE12 to west, damn it! :mad:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Would be cool if you could switch between the male and female versions of MyUnit.

But first we need to get FE12 to west, damn it! :mad:
No need for that (although I'm damn desperate about it)...Fire Emblem was represented before it got out of japan...so we got something to hold into :)

I love the Idea of changing back and forth in the Unit :).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sure, add MyUnit. I don't mind him/her but some people would mind, especially how MyUnit runs the same problem Animal Crosser (Villager) does... lack of a set appearance. Isn't he/she a customizable character that you can self-insert your own Mary Sue into the game?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know man , most of the people think that Lucario and Ike were replacements for Mewtwo and Roy....but what they didn't know that Mewtwo and Roy were on the list but you know time didn't help Sakurai much....the proof they were in the damn files...and I believe they put Ike and Lucario before because they thought they make a newer character before attending to the old ones.
No, most people realize there will be cuts and since Pokemon is a pretty fickle franchise we look at them to do a lot of cutting. The Pokemon Trainer character could change to a new generation, and Lucario could be replaced with either a fifth generation or another popular Pokemon. Count on Pikachu and Jigglypuff, that's all I'm saying. Most people should know that Mewtwo could have been cut due to time limitations, among other things. Roy is the same way. I can say it would make sense if Sakurai was like "Hmm, we have x amount of time, and four characters. Who will be cut? These brand new characters, or two returning characters?" And Whala! Lucario and Ike make it in.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Sure, add MyUnit. I don't mind him/her but some people would mind, especially how MyUnit runs the same problem Animal Crosser (Villager) does... lack of a set appearance. Isn't he/she a customizable character that you can self-insert your own Mary Sue into the game?
But he can base it on the most popular appearance....which has the Art for....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But he can base it on the most popular appearance....which has the Art for....
Can't we just pick a popular/main character and call it good? No MyUnit. A. It sounds like G Unit, and B. We have the Mii's.

MyGUnit is a no go slowbro.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No, most people realize there will be cuts and since Pokemon is a pretty fickle franchise we look at them to do a lot of cutting. The Pokemon Trainer character could change to a new generation, and Lucario could be replaced with either a fifth generation or another popular Pokemon. Count on Pikachu and Jigglypuff, that's all I'm saying. Most people should know that Mewtwo could have been cut due to time limitations, among other things. Roy is the same way. I can say it would make sense if Sakurai was like "Hmm, we have x amount of time, and four characters. Who will be cut? These brand new characters, or two returning characters?" And Whala! Lucario and Ike make it in.
BTW do you know how Marth and Roy are similar ? the fact that Roy could've been the same character from melee or might have been one of Marth special costumes....Lucario is way better suited for a fighting game than Mewtwo.....Ike >> Roy in uniqueness (he is actually the most Unique Sword weilding Lord in the franchise) and Lucario> Mew two in potential, Gameplay mechanics and alot more.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Marth special costumes....Lucario is way better suited for a fighting game than Mewtwoe.
That's a lovely opinion you have there. Have you heard of Taj by any chance?
Mewtwo was cut for a good reason. I'm not going to deny that. Lucario was a good choice for Brawl when it came down to it. But I promise you, promise you that it had nothing to do with Lucario being better suited for a fighting game.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Can't we just pick a popular/main character and call it good? No MyUnit. A. It sounds like G Unit, and B. We have the Mii's.

MyGUnit is a no go slowbro.

Did you read this ?

"My Unit, whose name by default is Chris (クリス Kurisu), is a custom character created by the player who participates in the game's stories and battles, similar to the Tactician from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. "

He is the character that represent you it will have a basic look....you may have a saying on how he would look but he has a basic look...My Unit = Pokemon trainer....

all his moves are borrowed from all the classes that he turn into....or like Pokemon trainer.....B-down = Class change....3 classes can be represented a Warrior (Axe) or Berserker , Hero (Sword)or a Sword Master and General (Lance). it represent core mechanics of Fire Emblem.

Final Smash = A raid of units :).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The idea is cool, but I'm not going to be sold on it. I like a lot of the Fire Emblem characters already. Stick with your Emphraim arguement. I like it better. (Although I still like Micaiah and Caeda)

was that question for me ?
*Nods* Methinks sooo.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The idea is cool, but I'm not going to be sold on it. I like a lot of the Fire Emblem characters already. Stick with your Emphraim arguement. I like it better. (Although I still like Micaiah and Caeda)
I'm not selling I'm just putting myself in the same mentality Sakurai had (supposedly) back when he was making brawl....and BTW there's no way Caeda will be represented trust me....I bet that she will never be included.....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not selling I'm just put myself in the same mentality of Sakurai back when he was making brawl....and BTW there's no way Caeda will be represented trust me....I bet that she will never be included.....
I don't care. She's cool. I dig her. She drives a flying horse, not even Link does that. :troll: I don't know much about FE, but I know enough that we shouldn't sell short a lot of the popular characters for someone generic. Pokemon Trainer is an exception IMO.

D

Deleted member

Should we expect anymore transformation characters? I'm hoping that the number of transformation doesn't increase, it's good enough where it is and I doubt we'll need more transformations anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I expect to see some characters cut from Brawl and many new faces brought in to the series. I do not want the roster to become stagnant as we keep the same old characters from the last three games while adding no more than 10 newcomers. I want lots of new characters, if it means cutting some old characters (including some of my mains), so be it. You want to cling to the past with the cut characters? Go ahead and play 64/Melee/Brawl. SSB4 is the future. It is where my new mains are going to be at, whoever they are. Even my mains in Brawl might not be my mains in SSB4. I mained Link and Ganondorf in Melee but not in Brawl. I never main Young Link in Melee but I do main Toon Link in Brawl. I hated playing as Fox and Donkey Kong in Melee but I enjoy playing as them in Brawl. At the very least, I expect to see the following veterans in SSB4:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Yoshi
- Wario
- Link
- Zelda (with or without Sheik)
- Ganondorf
- Samus (with or without Zero Suit Samus)
- Pit
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Olimar
- Fox
- Falco and/or Wolf
- Captain Falcon
- Pikachu
- Marth
- Ness and/or Lucas
- Snake and/or Sonic

The rest of the veterans I did not list here are very likely to return but there is a possibility that some of them may get cut.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I expect to see some characters cut from Brawl and many new faces brought in to the series. I do not want the roster to become stagnant as we keep the same old characters from the last three games while adding no more than 10 newcomers. I want lots of new characters, if it means cutting some old characters (including some of my mains), so be it. You want to cling to the past with the cut characters? Go ahead and play 64/Melee/Brawl. SSB4 is the future. It is where my new mains are going to be at, whoever they are. Even my mains in Brawl might not be my mains in SSB4. I mained Link and Ganondorf in Melee but not in Brawl. I never main Young Link in Melee but I do main Toon Link in Brawl. I hated playing as Fox and Donkey Kong in Melee but I enjoy playing as them in Brawl. At the very least, I expect to see the following veterans in SSB4:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Yoshi
- Wario
- Link
- Zelda (with or without Sheik)
- Ganondorf
- Samus (with or without Zero Suit Samus)
- Pit
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Olimar
- Fox
- Falco and/or Wolf
- Captain Falcon
- Pikachu
- Marth
- Ness and/or Lucas
- Snake and/or Sonic

The rest of the veterans I did not list here are very likely to return but there is a possibility that some of them may get cut.
Not again man....this getting obnoxious to see lists...I recommend everyone to represent characters with move-sets and reasons "Why would he be included ?"or "Why is he coming back ?" please just elaborate. This post will get us in an unending maze of non-necessary arguments.

Jumanji_PKO'd_You

Smash Rookie
@Barbasol
Not a bad list, I like some of the characters you threw in there. It'd be interesting to see Tails and K. Rool in the next Smash game. But I don't think they'd cut Jigglypuff, he's one of the perfect attendees.

But hey, maybe you're on to something... :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@ArcadeNik

y u no board the Jigglypuff train? I just don't see her getting cut. Lucario, yes. Pokemon Trainer, yes. Is this gamers intuition, or do you have some sort of "evidence" type thing to help solidate why you won't board the good old SSpuff!?

I like analogies. :)

Not again man....this getting obnoxious to see lists...I recommend everyone to represent characters with move-sets and reasons "Why would he be included ?"or "Why is he coming back ?" please just elaborate. This post will get us in an unending maze of non-necessary arguments.
I have full faith in Arc. He has reasons behind why he considers some more likely to be cut. Heck, he's just probably said it 200 times.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@ArcadeNik

y u no board the Jigglypuff train? I just don't see her getting cut. Lucario, yes. Pokemon Trainer, yes. Is this gamers intuition, or do you have some sort of "evidence" type thing to help solidate why you won't board the good old SSpuff!?

I like analogies. :)

I have full faith in Arc. He has reasons behind why he considers some more likely to be cut. Heck, he's just probably said it 200 times.

It's getting quite boring....I'd rather read something about one character than read a list.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
It's getting quite boring....I'd rather read something about one character than read a list.
Alright then! Let's talk about Lip! :bee:

The main character of Panel de Pon, otherwise known as Tetris Attack in the US and later as Pokemon Puzzle League. Her weapons and theme songs has been continuously been shown in SSB, but the character herself has been ignored. Then again, she's keeps getting ripped off when it comes to games (here games have been stolen by Yoshi and Pokemon) How about a spotlight this time around?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Whoa man!! Getting alot worked up over this aren't we?

I think it's a little annoying but hey this is the Smash 4 thread, your bound to see a bunch of character list. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom