• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai doesn't give two ****s about the competitive community, I highly doubt the reason Mewtwo was cut was because Sakurai happened to notice that Melee had Mewtwo in low tiers. Come on, lol.
If that were the case, most of the LoZ franchise would be in danger.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai doesn't give two ****s about the competitive community, I highly doubt the reason Mewtwo was cut was because Sakurai happened to notice that Melee had Mewtwo in low tiers. Come on, lol.
This. According to Sakurai, he hardly ever plays video games as it is because of how busy he is so it's highly unlikely that he'd know much about the competitive communities. He knows they exist but that's about it. Mewtwo was probably cut because of how unimaginative his moveset was in Melee. From the ground up he was a poorly designed character especially in light of how he was supposed to be "the ultimate pokemon." He was probably cut because it would have been more work to actually make him decent than to just create another character from scratch.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Fatman

If that was the case, then Jigglypuff got in over Mewtwo because she is much easier to work with.

D

Deleted member

KCJ506 said:
Do you guys think characters from games that haven't been released in Japan have a chance? For instance I would like Mike Jones from Startropics to be in, but it was never released in Japan. Not even on the VC. And don't they have a say in most of the roster?

Sakurai should also listen to what the US would like also. Mike's status as an American and European only character would be a nice counter to the Japanese characters like Lucas or Marth (the latter of whom was Japanese only back when SSBM first came out); expose Japan to the wonders of StarTropics, I say.
I wouldn't mind Mike Jones, but I highly doubt that even if we get a poll in North America/Europe/Australia, that there will be such overwhelming demand for Mike Jones. With almost no reference to him and his series, getting him in will be a very long shot.

I will say that we should have four separate polls, one for America, one for Europe, one for North America, and one for Australia. Pick the most popular candidate in each list and get the character in (If the character has already been selected in other region, select someone else in the second, third, fourth most popular, etc.).
4nace said:
With that being said. Which Brawl characters do you think are most likely getting the axe?
Not a cut that I want to be made, but Lucario is the most likely. I'm not expect as many cuts because Brawl's roster is better then Melee due to better handling of clones and being more balanced in general. The only cuts I can see are Toon Link and Wolf, but they're not exactly likely (Although there's the 50/50 chance of Toon Link getting replaced by Young Link).
Jaklub said:
"One-per-company" thinking is incorrect. Negotiations with one company are, logically thinking, easier than negotiations with 2 - that's what I had in mind.
It's the Smash Bros. developers who's actually implementing the characters in game anyway.
btw
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-not-affected/
"The parent company Hudson Soft was recently acquired by Konami and will not be affected by the closure."
^ I can't tell if Bomberman really is a dead franchise. It's their American branch, Hudson Entertainment, who's closed.
I'm not saying that Snake will be the only character from his company to represent Konami, I just find it unlikely that Konami is going to throw in another character from their own company and I don't think Nintendo is going bother with legal issues to get a second one in. We're much more likely to get someone from Capcom, Square Enix, Tecmo, and even Ubisoft.
InferiorityComplex said:
SSBF I notice you're missing Zoroark. I won't complain, those probably took some work, but whaaaaa?
I didn't make these, just got them off of the Nsider 2 Smash forum. As for why I didn't get Zoroark, it's because I'm not exactly a fan of him being in the game whereas Victini is in my Top 5 most wanted character list. Considering that the only likely candidates are Victini and Zoroark, I'm going with the former. Zoroark won't need my support anyway to get in.

splat

Smash Lord
Nah, they won't take out the whole Zelda series from SSB4. It would be much worse than just taking out a non-mascot Pokemon like Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.
You really missed the point.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy meant that the reason why Mewtwo was taken out had nothing to do with the tier list made by the competitive scene. Currently, all the LoZ characters are near the bottom of the list, and no chance in hell will they be removed.

D

Deleted member

splat said:
Currently, all the LoZ characters are near the bottom of the list, and no chance in hell will they be removed.
As if Toon Link isn't at risk of being cut?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy meant that the reason why Mewtwo was taken out had nothing to do with the tier list made by the competitive scene. Currently, all the LoZ characters are near the bottom of the list, and no chance in hell will they be removed.
Okay, so, why was the reason Mewtwo was cut? It cannot be just because Jigglypuff is one of the original 12 since she was almost cut as well and some people here believe that Sakurai doesn't even know the tiers exist! Fatmanonice mentioned that it would probably be harder to fix Mewtwo than it is to make a new character from the ground up. If that was the case, then that means Jigglypuff was probably kept in Brawl over Mewtwo because she is much easier to work with. It has nothing to do with the original 12.

By the way, the only Zelda characters not on the bottom of the tiers are Sheik and Toon Link.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have been wondering about how Toon Link can be altered to make him different from Link. His normal attacks are heavily sword-based, unlike Link's. But if there's a way to alter his special moves...

Gust Jar: Toon Link will use this jar in an attempt to suck in opponents. Once he sucks an opponent in, Toon Link can fire that opponent as if he was using the Cracker Launcher.

Boomerang: This item would be improved so that it can go through opponents. Its range would also be improved to some extent.

Spin Attack: This move would be improved so that Toon Link can move around while on the ground. Its horizontal distance will also be improved.

Skull Hammer: This weapon is heavy, and packs a punch when utilized. However, because of its weight, Toon Link can't use it quickly. The player can hold the special move button so that Toon Link can move. Release the button to execute the attack. Oddly, Toon Link's speed isn't heavily affected by this item.

Hurricane Spin: Toon Link's Final Smash. Toon Link will start spinning recklessly, damaging anyone who gets caught in the attack. The player can control where Toon Link goes, and can even jump as well. However, this move lasts only for 8 seconds, and when it stops, Toon Link will become dizzy for a while, and vulnerable to attacks.

Whip: Toon Link uses this item as a Tether Recovery move. It can also be used to grab opponents. A replacement for the Hookshot.

Anyway I highly doubt that he'll get the boot, seeing as he represents the cell-shaded LoZ titles.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Even if they drastically alter Toon/Young Link, I think it's fine to keep the Spin Slash as an Up B, especially if a tether recovery is the other option :p

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Well, that's if they decided to alter Toon/Young Link, or put him in at all. I'm pretty sure they're going to go with Young Link though because of OoT 3D.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have been wondering about how Toon Link can be altered to make him different from Link. His normal attacks are heavily sword-based, unlike Link's. But if there's a way to alter his special moves...

Gust Jar: Toon Link will use this jar in an attempt to suck in opponents. Once he sucks an opponent in, Toon Link can fire that opponent as if he was using the Cracker Launcher.

Boomerang: This item would be improved so that it can go through opponents. Its range would also be improved to some extent.

Spin Attack: This move would be improved so that Toon Link can move around while on the ground. Its horizontal distance will also be improved.

Skull Hammer: This weapon is heavy, and packs a punch when utilized. However, because of its weight, Toon Link can't use it quickly. The player can hold the special move button so that Toon Link can move. Release the button to execute the attack. Oddly, Toon Link's speed isn't heavily affected by this item.

Hurricane Spin: Toon Link's Final Smash. Toon Link will start spinning recklessly, damaging anyone who gets caught in the attack. The player can control where Toon Link goes, and can even jump as well. However, this move lasts only for 8 seconds, and when it stops, Toon Link will become dizzy for a while, and vulnerable to attacks.

Whip: Toon Link uses this item as a Tether Recovery move. It can also be used to grab opponents. A replacement for the Hookshot.

Anyway I highly doubt that he'll get the boot, seeing as he represents the cell-shaded LoZ titles.
You are mixing up Toon Links. WW Link isn't the same person as minish cap Link. Minish Cap Link existed before OoT Link, and WW Link happened after Hyrules Apocalypse by water centuries later.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, that's if they decided to alter Toon/Young Link, or put him in at all. I'm pretty sure they're going to go with Young Link though because of OoT 3D.
Well the Gust Jar is exclusive to Toon Link, along with the Skull Hammer. Also, Toon Link's Whip can grab things, though I am unsure if the Whip from Skyward Sword can do that.

You are mixing up Toon Links. WW Link isn't the same person as minish cap Link. Minish Cap Link existed before OoT Link, and WW Link happened after Hyrules Apocalypse by water centuries later.
I am aware of that, but Smash Bros. isn't canon, so the moveset doesn't necessarily have to make sense. Think of the moveset as a combination of the various equipments that each Toon Link has utilized; Gust Jar for the Minish Cap; Skull Hammer for The Wind Waker; Whip for Spirit Tracks.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
He actually gave you the main reason Mew Two was cut..... Lucario = Mewtwo with proper fighting physics....I don't why I feel this but some of the franchises make characters just to go with SSB flow....like Ike, Lucario and now we get Kid Icarus (which is obviously going with SSB flow).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So? We got a TP Zelda who uses OOT Zelda's spells, including OOT Zelda's ability to transform into Sheik.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So? We got a TP Zelda who uses OOT Zelda's spells, including OOT Zelda's ability to transform into Sheik.
How do you know Zelda in TP can't transform and use spells? She never really does anything in the game except get kidnapped.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Despite the fact that minish cap was great but I believe it got nothing to do with the main story because it was developed by capcom (I don't know much but that what I believe).And by the way Miyamoto said in one of the interviews "I know how much people hate Toon Link".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Despite the fact that minish cap was great but I believe it got nothing to do with the main story because it was developed by capcom (I don't know much but that what I believe).And by the way Miyamoto said in one of the interviews "I know how much people hate Toon Link".
Just because a character is hated, doesn't mean that he/she can't get in. Take it from BKupa666, who said something similar.

Sakurai never said the character must not be hated. I believe it was more along the lines of, the character must make people want to play the game, and must mesh with the other characters by beating some while being beaten by others.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How do you know Zelda in TP can't transform and use spells? She never really does anything in the game except get kidnapped.
And how do you know that Zelda in TP can use those spells and transform into Sheik? No two Zeldas are identical.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Just because a character is hated, doesn't mean that he/she can't get in. Take it from BKupa666, who said something similar.
You always miss the point, don't you ..... if Miyamoto said this than it mean two things, we will either get toon Link for small roles in Zelda series or he is just telling us they won't do any Zelda games with Toon Link.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And how do you know that Zelda in TP can use those spells and transform into Sheik? No two Zeldas are identical.
Not knowing something isn't proof against it, but it also isn't proof for it.

Maybe we can't say she has the spells, but we also can't say she doesn't.

But the one in Smash is obviously TP Zelda, and she does use the spells

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

The funny thing is toonlink is at the top of c tier iirc and he is the only one likely to get cut

splat

Smash Lord
The funny thing is toonlink is at the top of c tier iirc and he is the only one likely to get cut
I didn't quite count Toon Link in that comment, I was just talking about Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Should've worded that a bit better though.

Still, I wouldn't consider him 'likely' to get cut. Sure, chances are he's getting cut, but using the word 'likely' is taking it a bit far in my opinion.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
As for [Toon] Link, I call the design ‘Cat-eyed Link.’ I’ll admit it took courage to use this more cartoon design, but, in the end, we made this decision at the time due to really wanting to make a typical Nintendo game – an adventure that represents the soul of our society,” Miyamoto explains.

He continues, “As Link is a young boy rather than an adult, he was completely reinvented with a more streamlined look. Besides, it allowed us to create a real distinction between his adventures on home console and portable. Each has its own identity and that is just fine. So yes, I know that there are plenty of people who hate his cartoon version… but there it is!”
there you go, this is what Miyamoto said about Toon Link.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Again, Smash Bros. is not canon.

You always miss the point, don't you ..... if Miyamoto said this than it mean two things, we will either get toon Link for small roles in Zelda series or he is just telling us they won't do any Zelda games with Toon Link.
If you want to avoid clones though, Toon Link can utilize a moveset that Young Link has no access to. I don't care what the scenario is, but it's either bring Toon Link back, or revert to seeing the LoZ franchise have only 3 reps (not counting transformations).

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I didn't quite count Toon Link in that comment, I was just talking about Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Still, I wouldn't consider him 'likely' to get cut. Sure, chances are he's getting cut, but using the word 'likely' is taking it a bit far in my opinion.
Who said Ganondorf has a good chance to comeback ? he's been a clone for quite too long there gotta be a reason for this.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Well if the pattern continues(if you call two games a pattern) then he is the most likely to get cut of the LoZ crew.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I know it's probably terrible topic etiquette to just randomly post my wishlist/roster. But I've been thinking about it for a while and I feel like sharing. It's somewhat a mesh between a wishlist and a prediction because I didn't include characters that I know stand little to no chance of getting in (for example, I would love for Midna to be in it as I think she could have an amazing moveset, but unless she makes a sudden reappearance I doubt it's gonna happen) and also included characters that I think are likely, even if I don't necessarily really want them. So:

Mario:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Bowser
- Peach
- Toad
- Bowser Jr.

Yes, I included both Toad and Bowser Jr. I think both have the potential to be truly unique characters. I would love it if Toad kept up his characteristics/traits from SMB2, of being speedy and surprisingly strong but really light and with a poor recovery. It would make him a very defensive character who is easy to pick off but could destroy opponents if they don't approach him with caution. As long as they make Bowser Jr. unique I'll be happy, I have a fear they'll make him a speedier, lightweight version of Bowser, but he doesn't behave/move like his father at all in the Mario games, so he shouldn't in SSB4. He should have a unique moveset based around his paintbrush.

A lot of people are calling for Paper Mario, which seems like an interesting idea, but I really don't see them adding more than two Mario characters, and I would much prefer Toad and Bowser Jr.

Yoshi:

- Yoshi

... It's technically it's own series, but I don't think the spinoffs have made enough of a distinct impact to really warrant another character. He's still very much a Mario character.

Wario:

- Wario
- New WarioWare Rep

No one around here seems to think this is a possibility, but WarioWare games are decently successful and as a franchise seem to show no signs of slowing. I would personally love for another representative from the franchise, with the most likely being Kat & Ana or Mona. I personally want Ashley for another representative because I like the egotistical and self-centred little ***** and think she could have a killer moveset involving potion brewing and her helper Red. I think Kat & Ana are the most likely though, and I would be perfectly cool with that.

Donkey Kong:

- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K. Rool

I know the likelihood of both Dixie and K Rool being added is quite slim but the Donkey Kong Country series is one of my favourite ever, so I would love to see both characters make it in. I also would prefer Dixie Kong to be a separate character rather than being paired with Diddy, almost solely because I could see Sakurai being dumb and replacing the banana move with switching out to Dixie and I love Diddy's banana mechanic. I know neither of them were in Donkey Kong Country Returns, but everyone I have talked to was incredibly disappointed in the lack of K Rool; so I still think there's a huge demand for at least K Rool.

Zelda:

- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Toon Link
- 5th rep?

First, AT LEAST give Ganondorf a unique moveset. He deserves to be more than a Captain Falcon clone so badly. So badly. Energy Ball that can be struck back with increasing speed anyone? I would also love for Toon Link to get his own unique moveset, but I don't really see it happening, even though it would be pretty easy. I could see a 5th representative of this series coming in, but it really depends on the popularity of Skyward Sword and any characters within it. If Tingle makes an appearance in Skyward Sword I could see him being in SSB4 which kills me on the inside so much.

Pokemon:

- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- Mewtwo
- New Representative

I really don't see Lucario returning. His addition in Brawl seems very 'flavour of the week' to me, and I think adding him in place of Mewtwo was a mistake. In terms of who deserves a spot on the roster more, it's Mewtwo, the first all-powerful legendary Pokemon. I also don't see them changing Pokemon Trainer into a different generation Trainer, so I think we'll see Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard reappearing. I know that's a crap ton of 1st generation representatives, but I really don't see them removing Jigglypuff (nor would I want them to) and I don't really care if Pokemon Trainer changed into a different generation I just don't see Sakurai doing it. I do think we'll see at least one more representative though, I don't really care who. Zoroark, Victini, some other random 5th generation. I don't see them adding a second trainer though, so take your pick of a random Pokemon cause I'm pretty sure that's what's gonna happen.

Metroid:

- Samus
- Zero-Suit Samus
- Ridley

I would like Zero-Suit Samus to be actually select-able on the roster please. Metroid is a big enough series to at least warrant one more representative and I don't think anyone deserves a spot more than Ridley, so let's go Ridley. I think he'll be a bit awkward to program and play, I imagine a slightly larger Charizard. I think that's due to his design though, he's so big yet so skinny, weird little anorexic dragon.

Star Fox:

- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf

I don't see any of them being removed, unless Star Fox 64 3D bombs and then Wolf might bite the dust, but I hope it'll be a resurgence of popularity to the series. I think Krystal would have a really interesting play style with staff and all, but considering the series probably only entry before SSB4 will be Star Fox 64 3D, she might not be at the top of everyone's minds. Although if Star Fox 64 3D is a big success, they might greenlight another game, in which case she could make it in. ... Rambling is rambling. Long story short: I'd be alright with her being in, but I don't really care either way.

Fire Emblem:

- Marth
- Ike

I don't see any new additions unless a new game is announced. I would like Ike's look to be revamped to his look in Radiant Dawn. In the case a new game is announced/released before SSB4 I think the hero of that has potential to be included. Currently, the only likely character I think to be added would be Caeda from the remakes but I really don't see that happening which is unfortunate.

Mother:

- Ness
- Lucas

It doesn't deserve any more space on the roster. Frankly considering the popularity of the series, even two is kind of pushing it.

F-Zero:

- Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh maybe?

Frankly I've never really played them, but it seems to me that if a character is gonna be added it should be Goroh, Falcon's rival. There also seems to be a decent demand for Black Shadow but I absolutely loathe his design, so I'd really rather not. I don't really care either way if Goroh is added or not, I'll only care if his inclusion means another character I want more didn't make the cut.

Kirby:

- Kirby
- Meta-Knight
- King Dedede

Does any other character even deserve to be added? Does anybody even want another character?

Kid Icarus:

- Pit
- Medusa

I think it's pretty likely we'll see another character from this series considering Sakurai is going directly from Uprising to SSB4. As such I really like the design of Medusa, and would much prefer her to that Magnus guy who's design is just so blah. I think three characters is kind of pushing it, but I would also be cool with Palutena joining the fight. I really only seeing one new character being added though so: Medusa > Palutena >>>>>>>>>>>>Magnus.

Pikmin:

- Olimar

...yep.

Retro:

- Ice Climbers
- Game & Watch
- ROB

I despise both Game & Watch and ROB and don't think either should have ever been included but they're here now and I don't think either are going away nor am I advocating for them to go. I also don't really care for any retro character to be added. All the names I see being thrown around don't particularly interest me.

New Series:

Animal Crossing:

- Tom Nook

Animal Crossing is a huge series for Nintendo. There's no denying it. It deserves a fighter, and I much much much prefer the idea of Tom Nook rather than random human villager. Tom Nook has a fun personality and tons of potential for moves, and I think is way more of a mascot to the series than the random villager is. I also would love for one of his moves to be throwing leaves that turn into furniture after being thrown. Just imagine trying to recover to be destroyed by a falling couch. It sounds amazing.

Golden Sun:

- Isaac

I could see Matthew being included instead, but I would much prefer Isaac, I think he deserves a spot more than Matthew does. Golden Sun is a decently popular Nintendo (technically Camelot? Although I think Nintendo owns them...) series, I think it warrants an inclusion.

PunchOut:

- Little Mac

I see it happening and I would be happy with it.

Sin & Punishment:

- Saki

He fits in pretty damn well. Just seeing him move around as an assist trophy makes me want to play as him.

Third Party:

- Sonic
- Snake
- Whoever.

I think it's likely we'll see both Sonic and Snake again. I also think we'll see at least one new third party newcomer. Megaman seems the most likely which I'd be cool with. I'd also be cool with Bomberman. If SquareEnix were to get a representative I think it's way more likely we'd get one of the job classes (Black Mage, Ninja, Fighter etc.) or one of their trademark creatures (Chocobo, Moogle, Slime etc.) over Geno. Deal with it.

There's way too many people on here already, and I bet half my desires won't make it, nor do I think it's the most realistic roster. But there it is.

I particularly want to hear thoughts on the idea of a new WarioWare character, cause I think there is a chance (not an amazing chance, but I wouldn't be surprised). Who would you want it to be and who do you think is the most likely?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Who here supports Ganondorf with a projectile and sword in the next game?
I support giving Ganondorf a sword, but I'd rather keep him away from projectiles.

Who said Ganondorf has a good chance to comeback ? he's been a clone for quite too long there gotta be a reason for this.
Well he IS a major antagonist in most LoZ titles. Throwing him out would be like throwing away Bowser.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Guys, the more I think of Isaac of Golden Sun, the more exictes I get of his moveset.

Remember, he's a swordsman, AND a physic with projectiles! Much like what Ganon shouldve been.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I support giving Ganondorf a sword, but I'd rather keep him away from projectiles.

Well he IS a major antagonist in most LoZ titles. Throwing him out would be like throwing away Bowser.
Do you know that LoZ fanbase care so much for timeline which mean using Gannon again would be a crime....and will lower the rating of the series...... and TBH I'd rather see him cut would be better than seeing him a clone again.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I am about to ask is a rhetorical question but I am going to ask anyway. How does anyone feel about swapping the retro characters we already have in Brawl for new retro characters in SSB4 in order to increase the number of newcomers while keeping the total number of slots on the roster under 45? The retro characters I am referring to are Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B.

My opinion? I do not mind if they were cut from SSB4 as long as we get new retro and unique characters in their places such as Takamaru, Muddy Mole, and Mike Jones. If I want to keep playing with the old retro characters, I can always play Brawl. I just want the roster to give me that "wow, this is nothing like Brawl" feel, not that "oh, it is just Brawl with only 10 newcomers" feel. That kind of feeling I got when I first saw the final roster of Marvel vs. Capcom 3... even the newcomers outnumber the veterans in that game.

splat

Smash Lord
Cutting the primary antagonist of the third (or is it even second?) biggest Nintendo franchise would be the one of the dumbest things Sakurai could do.

I'm getting the feeling that he's a bit scared to declone him completely, because those that played him could get upset. I do hope that he gets decloned a bit more with every Smash game, to smoothen out the changes that he needs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you know that LoZ fanbase care so much for timeline which mean using Gannon again would be a crime....and will lower the rating of the series......
He's better than that Ghirahim person that I've been hearing about. Does the term, non-canon, mean anything to you?!

P.S.: You're Gannon-banned.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
He's better than that Ghirahim person that I've been hearing about. Does the term, non-canon, mean anything to you?!
Nope it barely does....but if you mean a main story or something... I think Skyward Sword is going to have the best elements from all the Zelda series+A damn good story....Good Story = Good villain and I believe whoever is the villain I bet he will be way better than Ganondorf and by the way does the word "Origin" mean anything to you ? because that what skyward sword going to be.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
As someone who seconded Dorfy in Melee, I'm for decloning to an extent. I think that he should keep a lot of his normals (A punch, up A as worthless as it is it's his, his stomp) and some of the changes to his B moveset from Brawl like the Flame Choke, but I wouldn't mind if he had the sword he was supposed to have in Melee or magic projectiles like OoT.

Horrible, horrible ideas Arcadenik. Just have them all in.

EDIT: Even at its best, Zelda's stories are typical video game tripe. That doesn't mean it's bad necessarily, but still.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Again, Smash Bros. is not canon.
@ Mario and Sonic Guy

I was on your side. :rolleyes:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
(if you call two games a pattern) Lol that is nice, do you know that is what puzzles me around this forums , they talk like SSB had about 5 games with the same pattern...
since we have NOTHING to go off of people are literaly grasping for anything that might provide clues. Even nonexistent patterns. i just go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom