• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's stupid Wolf is still widely considered a clone, and is disliked for that but no one gives a **** about Ganon

:phone:
Where have you been?

Everyone loves to cry about that.

Hell yeah disfunk, "sugar, water, and of course purple"

Krystal has not been in smash, there is no legitimate precedence system to observe .
I was talking more so age. Palutena and Medusa are only being considered this time because of their upcoming titles (Not their past ones) and Krystal's been in three games that have already been released. I find it silly to jump to a character who doesn't even have their game released yet as a place to clone from.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well their games have been released. If I'm not mistaken, Kid Iccarus and Starfox were developed in relatively the same time frame, if not before for the case of the former.

Medusa and Paletuna have existed before Krystal's conception.

But if that's not your frame of reference, then Pit's his inclusion alone says something about including more characters from his series. Again, no precedence system holds weight.

If anything, my statements oppose FanMan.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yesh you didd, did'ja? I mighth of known too, when I quotith your comment. :troll:
OH ICWUTUDIDTHAR. Meh. It's no worse than that small time frame I was referred to as Popeye, so whatever. :p

EDIT: We need a :derp: emoticon... :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well their games have been released. If I'm not mistaken, Kid Iccarus and Starfox were developed in relatively the same time frame, if not before.

Yes, but that doesn't really matter to most. People are only talking about them because of this game. Everything they're basing these characters off of is coming from this unreleased game. THATS why I find it silly that people suggest Krystal (an already established character) to be based off an entity of an unreleased character.

But nevermind, I don't really NEED to explain why I think something is silly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well their games have been released. If I'm not mistaken, Kid Iccarus and Starfox were developed in relatively the same time frame, if not before for the case of the former.

Kid Icarus was 1987. Star Fox was 1993.

There is the matter of how Uprising is a big budget title for the 3DS, so much that even six OVAs are being made for it.

Palutena and Medusa also have the benefit of being characters of which Sakurai has PERSONALLY worked on, and thus VERY familiar with the source material.

I also think put up to a vote most people would rather see a sexy goddess in than as Toise put it "sexy mixed with Fox person".

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Smash 4 should have some hidden parody self-help books as Easter Eggs

"Parenting With Bowser"
"Discovering Your True Path In Life- Written By Lucario"

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I can't say on your perception of "well established"

What I can say is that regardless of this new title, Pit was included by the merit of hit retro titles. Thus paving the way for future outlets (thank you Star).

I see your say overall Shortie, I find it odd myself.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I also think put up to a vote most people would rather see a sexy goddess in than as Toise put it "sexy mixed with Fox person".
Toise also doesn't expect those sexy goddesses~

I see your say overall Shortie, I find it odd myself.
So SAY you see what I'm saying, yet you haven't even touched on what my point was. This whole discussion has revolved around Krystal being a PalMed clone, my above is the reasons I find it weird for her to be a clone of them.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Do I really have to bother with your point Shortie? Can't that simply be your thing to convey properly?

If its any consolation, I have sincere doubts that the Kid Iccarus characters will be clone material.

Hubbub over characters that have barely touched down in the smash universe.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do I really have to bother with your point Shortie? Can't that simply be your thing to convey properly?

If its any consolation, I have sincere doubts that the Kid Iccarus characters will be clone material.
Thats funny, coming from you.

This whole discussion has revolved around Krystal being a PalMed clone, my above is the reasons I find it weird for her to be a clone of them.
[Everything they're basing these characters off of is coming from this unreleased game. THATS why I find it silly that people suggest Krystal (an already established character) to be based off an entity of an unreleased character.
Krystal's been in three games that have already been released. I find it silly to jump to a character who doesn't even have their game released yet as a place to clone from.
I don't see how you missed the point? Ah well.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
It's pretty funny actually, Point A Point B, we're learning we're learning.

Where did the assumption that Krystal would relate to those two come from? We're going roundabout something based on premonition?

Surely it can't happen a third time.

yani

Smash Lord
@Pichu Fan Mind explaining Ukelele Pichu to me? What game is he from + is he important to it? I'm curious :)

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman

Pikachus goon get cut. Sakurais cat got to him.

@yani- Ukelele pichu is your main (and only) assistant in the newest pokemon ranger game. he helps you by stunning opponents and also playing certain ukulele tunes and such. (if you want a moveset check the pichu alliance)

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
I already said this but, unlike Fox, Falco, and Wolf, she has THINGS to work with. Why make Link play like Mario when he has his own stuff to work with. Fox, Falco, Wolf, Zelda, Sheik, and some others have very little to work with.
Ganondorf also had things going for him that makes an unique move set and look what happened to him.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I find it funny that you think characters who aren't haven't even been revealed yet are somehow important enough to presidence over Krystal. I mean, Medusa hasn't been in Smash, and Palutena was there for ten seconds in SSE and was a Final Smash effect.

Also, there is a difference between a fighting staff, and a magic staff.
Aside from what ChronoBound said in that Sakurai has stuff to pull from because he worked with Kid Icarus: Uprising, clone have been made before of existing characters when they joined the same game. Mario and Luigi were in the original and Luigi's move set was obviously not unique.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What happened when I was gone...

And Ukelele Pichu? No offense but I don't want to see Pichu in Smash Bros ever again he was a clone and a god awful one at that.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
xIblisx said:
Pretty sure misunderstanding will let anything repeat until understanding happens or one side gives in.
That is the thing, but at the same time it isn't.

There are segments that I comprehend, but it's not my responsibility to confirm that comprehension. There are things that I'm interested in that I can choose to focus on regardless of how anyone else perceives the situation.

I don't recognize the correlation between the two series. What I observe in this case is that there is argumentation for the sake of. The integrity of which that argument is based on is not sound.

The significance that I err on are progressive changes to the formula that don't reflect the past, specifically the mistakes.

Simply because there are clones in the Starfox set doesn't pinpoint the outcome of another character of the series. As shortie states, there are three games to draw material from for Krystal's sake.

Kid Iccarus is a completely different universe, something that is being developed and heavily presided over by Smash's creator, as Chronobound mentions.

There will be a distinct flavor to each character should any of them be implemented. No need to scrutinize over conceptions of the past.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
It's stupid Wolf is still widely considered a clone, and is disliked for that but no one gives a **** about Ganon

It's probably just because Falco is in. I bet if Fox and either Falco or Wolf were in Brawl, you would only see as many complaints about Falco or Wolf as you do now about, say, Lucas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's probably just because Falco is in. I bet if Fox and either Falco or Wolf were in Brawl, you would only see as many complaints about Falco or Wolf as you do now about, say, Lucas.
Glad to see you here! You are, this Sir Ilpalazzo I assume?

Ganondorf also had things going for him that makes an unique move set and look what happened to him.
No, because Ganondorf being a clone had specific circumstance around it, so it's not the best example.

Yep, pichu was a pretty bad character to play as
He still has fans though. Not saying he should get in or anything. Well, we've talked about this exact thing once before. Talk about cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom