• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I meant that I'd rather see (yes) both child links than Ghirahim. IDK y, but I got a feeling he's gunna ruin Smash Bros. All I'm saying is that there's a hell of alot better choices.
Why? Because he's so flamboyant? That's a really dumb and pathetic reason to not include him. The way someone acts isn't going to outright run the game. Heck, he's made BY NINTENDO and I have yet to hear any controversy surrounding Ghirahim in SS. All I've heard is people embracing him and making memes out of him.

And he just fills my heart with rainbows of evil.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why? Because he's so flamboyant? That's a really dumb and pathetic reason to not include him. The way someone acts isn't going to outright run the game. Heck, he's made BY NINTENDO and I have yet to hear any controversy surrounding Ghirahim in SS. All I've heard is people embracing him and making memes out of him.

And he just fills my heart with rainbows of evil.
Kuma, you don't have to ASSUME so quickly... :\

No, I just don't liek him, tbh. He sounds too much like a Ganondorf character. Sure, he'd have a different moveset, but I feel more comfortable with other, more wanted characters. Hell, I'd even settle Tingle>Ghirahim.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What do you mean by Ganondorf character?
Failing to see how Ghirahim is in any shape or form like Ghirahim.
You haven't played SS right?
Typo ftw, and no, I haven't, but watched vids of other ppl playing. I just don't like him. Also, I compare him to Ganondorf because isn't he the main antagonist?

Not my conversation to be in, I suppose. But still, that tougne scene haunted me for a couple of days, and if he does get in, and it IS a taunt... Well, say hello to Taunt Parties 2.0 T_T

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zelda is a static cast, good luck trying to live up to any of the three main characters. (Looks at every LoZ character)

Tingle's my only LoZ vote. Although I wouldn' MIND seeing a lot of other LoZ characters, I just don't see it happening.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay then.

Also no he isn't.
Ok, then I'll halt now then. I'll finish the vids and then spell my disagreement.
Because Young Link needs to return to my 2nd man main.

Speaking of which, If all your favorite characters were in, mainly three, would you main them? If not, who would you main? Mine would be...

#1: Lucario
#2: YLink/Victini (If Victini's Comfirmed, he'd have the 2nd spot)
#3: YLink/Typhlosion Trainer (If Victini isn't comfirmed, Typhlosion claims this spot)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik isn't one of the main 3 characters though

1.Diddy Kong
2.Mewtwo
3.DK or King K.Rool or Impa

I play quite some characters in Brawl to honestly. If Link would get a revamp, or Ganon or Samus I could play them to. Dixie and Isaac and Chrome to as newcomers.
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sheik isn't one of the main 3 characters though

Sheik is Zelda, so yes, she is.

Ghirahim gets my vote because my lady wants him in Smash and I am well trained.
I would say she has you whipped, but I know better than that. I've got you pegged my friend.

Any SS inspired Link ideas? Please use spoiler tags.
I like his bug thingy, but I think moveset change is irrelevant, unless we see some element of customization of them. Movesets tend to tnot change very easily.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Any SS inspired Link ideas? Please use spoiler tags.
The first 2 abilities you learn, Shield Bash for Down B and Skyward Strike for Side B.

Sheik was only Zelda in one game, her 15~20 other appearanxes she wasn't.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're not Sakurai? Also the Bug Net... Really?

Oh right, sorry. I forget we're ignoring how Sheik and Zelda were designed to be intertwined, and how she got into Brawl despite not showing up in any other games. My bad.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai finds Sheik important. Therefore, Sheik stays.

Impa, as I said before can be a 5th character with her own moveset to reflect abilities Impa has had in her various appearances.
Such as OoT Impa's status as Sage of Shadows (shadow magic like Ganondorf, perhaps?)
Husky Impa's superhuman strength.
SS Impa's magical abilities.

etc.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Problem with Impa getting in alongside Sheik is that Ghirahim is a much better character in every way.

D

Deleted member

Both Mr. Fabulous and Hag n' Husky take a back seat to the Fairy Man.

Final Smash: Giga Tingle.

yani

Smash Lord
For me
Tingle > Ghirahim > A pile of horse poop >>>>>>>>>>>> Impa

But as I've said plenty of times, I'd love to see Tingle get his own series and Ghirahim get a Zelda spot. It would warm my soul.

D

Deleted member

I full on expect no new characters to the Triforce symbol, but a new one to a Rupee symbol that still is part of the Zelda series.
EDIT: If not Toon Zelda due to being planned for Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik wasn't quite an early revealed character at the Dojo and was the last starter character to get revealed. She couldve easily be included with Zelda's update, they didn't. I've been through this before though.

Also I might have to change my avatar soon :/

D

Deleted member

And maybe a set of AT's based on Pinkle, Uncle Rupee, or the trio of Kakashi, Buriki, and Lion.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"HMMMM, well lets see we have Toad, Junior, and Paper Mario. That's too many Mario characters. I KNOW. I'll just change this completely arbitrary symbol and suddenly Paper MARIO isn't a MARIO character! Brilliant! No one will suspect a thing! Sakurai you're a genius."

Apply to Tingle. This line of thinking also gets into that whole "Smash Congress" deal.

Weirdos.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sheik wasn't quite an early revealed character at the Dojo and was the last starter character to get revealed. She couldve easily be included with Zelda's update, they didn't. I've been through this before though.

Also I might have to change my avatar soon :/

That's absolutely insane on the dev's part. Why would you plan a lone character, and somewhere through development go "OWAIT, add sheik back!" Dixie is the indication that it would have been the opposite way around. Even if that did happen, that just proves that Sakurai thinks she's needed EVEN MORE.

Has anyone made any Tingle stages?
I made a Balloon Fighter Stage, which could definitely be his stage.

yani

Smash Lord
"HMMMM, well lets see we have Toad, Junior, and Paper Mario. That's too many Mario characters. I KNOW. I'll just change this completely arbitrary symbol and suddenly Paper MARIO isn't a MARIO character! Brilliant! No one will suspect a thing! Sakurai you're a genius."

Apply to Tingle. This line of thinking also gets into that whole "Smash Congress" deal.

Weirdos.
Not sure if serious :wario:

@Shortie got a link? I'd love to check it out

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Tingle is more like Wario, in the sense that he is a different character from the main series character (Link) and has his own series of games that don't involve any of the main series characters nor gameplay.

Paper Mario for one, IS Mario, the Paper Mario games feature characters from the main series (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser), and contains elements from the main series as well as it's own.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When Sakurai says he doesn't want to include just a bunch of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters, that includes Tingle and Paper Mario.

Trufax. One can makes a case all they want, but at the end of the day he's a Zelda character. Change symbol, change nothing.

Just like how everybody groups Yoshi and Wario together with the other Mario characters. Those symbols aren't FOOLIN' NOBODY.

D

Deleted member

*points to Wario* I'm pretty sure he doesn't count Wario as a Mario character.
EDIT: He counts Yoshi, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom