• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My translations of their chances:

My Opinions are on the left (out of my much smarter butt, Game Informers are on the right.
Miis: 60% / 95%
Waluigi: 1% / 89%
Prince Fluff: 3% / 85%
Paper Mario: 70% / 72%
Toadstool: 25% / 66%
Bowser Jr.: 65% / 58%
Quote (Cave Story): 0% / 50%
Epic Mickey: 0% / 41%
Doc Louis: 0% (Little Mac plz) / 34%
Alucard: 0% / 30%
Birdo: 2% / 28%
Megaman: 99% / 25%
Ridley: 95% / 17%
Rayman: 2% / 11%
Peach Pit (a fusion of Peach and Pit): 100% (where else did Pit get his womanly features from=???) :laugh: / 0.1%
Kung Fu Panda: -9,001% / 0.0001%

@ Mario and Sonic
Exactly....

@ Diddy Kong
While the IGN ones had stupid suggestions, they had about 120 choices. Overall most of them were bearable, and they included nearly every character with a chance. You can't spell IGNorant without IGN, but you can't spell no without Game Informer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think he does. As well as Ridley's, who I unfortunately would guess has about a 60% chance at best.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I laugh most at them suggesting fusing Peach and Pit into one character as Peach Pit and supporting Mike Tyson as an Assist Trophy.

They've got some OK ideas in the back pages, though.

Stage: Submarine Stage (Steel Diver)
Well the game wasn’t great, but everybody still loves submarines…right? Plus, you’d get to hear that great AH-WOO-GA sound as the entire stage lowered in the water.
Likelihood: 70%

Stage: Find Mii Castle (Find Mii)
StreetPass-addicted 3DS owners have spent a lot of time in the fortress of Find Mii. This cookie cutter castle could make for a great zoomed-out stage, something like Luigi’s Mansion from SSBB. Add in the ability to play as your Miis and you’ve got a natural fit.
Likelihood: 69%

Stage: Mega Man 2 (Mega Man 2, duh!)
One of the most popular entries in the Mega Man series, the Blue Bomber’s second game would be a great location for a new stage. All eight unique levels, along with Wily’s Fortress, could cycle in and out like the Pokémon stadium arena. Imagine four fighters duking it out while traversing floating blocks in an attempt to escape Wily’s gigantic dragon-bot.
Likelihood: 10% (unless Mega Man is in the game, then Likelihood: 90%)

Assist Trophy: Victini (Pokemon: Black and White)
They replaced the Pokemon Mewtwo in Melee with Lucario in Brawl, and I bet they are going to replace Lucario with Victini. As the most memorable Pokemon addition from Black and White, Victini can use fighting and fire-type moves and also turn invisible.
Likelihood: 92%

Assist Trophy: Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
Slippy isn’t the most skilled pilot on the Star Fox team, but that doesn’t stop him from trying. The way we see it, if players pick up a Slippy assist trophy, they would radio the hapless frog for help, and Slippy would then fly in shooting at their foes, but accidentally crash into the level instead. However, it might be equally as funny if – after calling for Slippy – you had to somehow save him from enemy fighters.
Likelihood: 66%

Assist Trophy: Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
Kid Icarus’ Eggplant Wizard is one of the most annoying enemies in all of gaming, which is why we want him here. With the wave of a wand, he could turn Pit into a helpless walking eggplant. That curse wouldn’t require laborious amounts of backtracking in Smash Bros., but it would leave its victims wide open for a boot off the nearest ledge.
Likelihood: 43%

Item: Gust Bellows (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Unless you’re rooted to the ground, a few blasts from this windbag will send you flying. Considering that sending your foes flying is kind of important in this series, Link’s latest power-up is right at home on our wish list.
Likelihood: 58%

Item: Virtual Boy (Virtual Boy)
Nintendo’s failed ‘90s “handheld” would probably be best used as a weapon. Characters could throw the Virtual Boy at their opponents like a sticky bomb. Once the Virtual Boy was attached to a character’s head, it would begin to shoot red lasers into their eye, which would slowly give them a migraine as it sapped their energy and made them dizzy. Nintendo might not like to acknowledge the Virtual Boy’s failures, but this would still be brilliant.
Likelihood: 44% (likelihood it will be used the way we want: 0.2%)

Item: Odama (Odama)
Odama may not have been Nintendo’s most well-received GameCube title, but it’s hard to forget it once you’ve played it. Nintendo should pay tribute to its large-scale-pinball-game-set-in-feudal-Japan misstep with a scaled-down version of the stone ball, which could flatten anyone foolish enough not to get out of its way.
Likelihood: 7%

All the other ideas are either obvious or complete crap, but these stood out as OK.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
When they mentioned Peach Pit, it reminded me of Shugo Chara's author: me and my sis joked out that Pit and Peach collaborated together to do a mahou shoujo manga, lol-

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah but why keep the transforming part with Zelda / Sheik? The idea is outdated, they could easily add in a newer character for that. Besides, appart from a Sheik nerf in Brawl, the combo still isn't good cause Zelda is a lot worse as well. :/
Keep the transformation to allow players to play with Sheik alone, Zelda alone, or both. If you split them up, to some you are taking away a character.

If you ever face anyone who uses both, you can see the difference in how they approach
Zelda and Sheik compared to someone who uses just one.
With the Zelda characters I'd actually prefer a good few revamps for Link and Zelda to make them a lot better playable, and balanced (not clinging to those 'extremes' as they are in Brawl). And a few tweaks on Toon Link to make him more unique from Link (not a total declone though, think Ness / Lucas)
I don't think Toon Link is too far away from being decloned. His style is already a stark contrast to Link's, so not a heck of a lot needs to be done.

If you ask me, we keep talking about changing Sheik, making Zelda decent for once, and further decloning Toon Link, when really we should be figuring out what could happen with Ganondorf. That issue, to me, is the biggest one. Most of us would probably drool over a bad a** Ganondorf with a sword and awesome magicz!
Game reviewers... foiled again.

SSB is no their business. Would just go play MUGEN if they feel like it, pfft. (-=>=-)
Seriously. That's what this kind of roster desire is for. You summed that up pretty well Youngins! :laugh: :smirk:
@Johnknight1: Don't you think you're overestimating Mega Man's chances?
You could argue that, but at least I'm not saying Waluigi is more likely! :laugh:

The reason I think Mega Man is so likely is that really... who else is left=??? (that is a theme of these upcoming smash bros game with the roster me thinks!) Which 3rd party character comes anywhere near as close to Mega Man's potential newcomer hype in smash=???
Darth Vader!...'s Apprentice!
:laugh:

Plus I got that ever magical "feeling." And when I get that "feeling," I stick to it. Hearing Capcom wants him in smash doesn't hurt.
Nintendo's answer is "okay" (unless they hate money).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You could argue that, but at least I'm not saying Waluigi is more likely! :laugh:

The reason I think Mega Man is so likely is that really... who else is left=??? (that is a theme of these upcoming smash bros game with the roster me thinks!) Which 3rd party character comes anywhere near as close to Mega Man's potential newcomer hype in smash=???
Darth Vader!...'s Apprentice!
:laugh:
I have nothing against Mega Man, but I'd think his odds would be much lower than 99%. Don't forget that Square Enix has good connections with Nintendo, so that company is fair game as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol, you have no room to talk, Star, I remember you using that a while back
Wut? Me use an arrow joke? What foolishness is this? I do not remember using that joke.

Although this brings up a good point. Sakurai and co should allow us to aim Link's arrows in the next game. Maybe while holding B allow us to move the controls up and down.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Disco Kid looked so Fun-ky.
(-=w=-)

King Hippo woukd be good too, but like what MarioSonic-guy said, Glass Joe should be done to take his deserved place as the Scrapsist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

I have nothing against Mega Man, but I'd think his odds would be much lower than 99%. Don't forget that Square Enix has good connections with Nintendo, so that company is fair game as well.
Why would it be Mega Man vs. SE character? To quote the taco girl: "Why can't we have both?"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Little Mac got in, I'd choose King Hippo.

Also, the overused meme is starting to wear thin. Not really that funny anymore.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think he does. As well as Ridley's, who I unfortunately would guess has about a 60% chance at best.
Again, who else is left to choose=???
A Mike Tyson AT would be awesome though actually...
"I'ma eat his childwheeennnn..." Seriously, look up a video on "best Mike Tyson quotes." There's like a bagillion different clips of him saying random crap.

Really though, that wouldn't happen... because his attacks would comprise of talking to pigeons, making cameos in mediocre films, and wife beating. *lies* Mr. Dream is cooler anyways... :awesome*
Ganondorf used to be the ruler of Hyrule then he took a Light Arrow to the knee.
I seriously hate that phrase in Skyrim. It's not funny or memorable, other than the fact several of my friends keep messaging it, thinking they are funny... :urg: :facepalm:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yep, you used it about a month ago, you only used it once, though, from what I recall

I agree that the meme is really lame, though, like RayWilliamJohnson/little kids and dudebro CoD players with a headset on Xbox Live level of lame. DBZ: Abridged on the other hand? Now that's funny :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Disco Kid was so Fun-ky.
(-=w=-)

King Hippo would be good too, but as MarioSonic Guy suggested, Glass Joe should take his deserved place as the Scrapsist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

If Solid Snake were to take a hike, that wouldn't be a problem; I want Sonic to stick around.
How does Snake being in the game affect Mega Man or a SE character?

If anything, the only problem a SE character has is SE themselves.
As stated by the guy that's relaying Title Fight's information, Square-Enix typically has a tight hold over its characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Java Croc
I just tell them "I stole so much stuff in Skyrim, I guess I stole your humor on accident." :laugh:

No seriously, in about 20-30 hours, I have stolen somewhere between 1,000 to 1,5000 things.

@ Metal Overlord
DBZ and Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged never get funny. My favorite scene that I always laugh at is the cold opening where
Krillin and Gohan board an alien ship, they shoot them, and then they all commit a mass suicide to prevent themselves from being tortured!
:laugh: :chuckle: :chuckle:!
Again, no newcomer is wanted nearly as badly/will sell as many copies as Mega Man. He prints money. Nintendo likes printed money, especially considering they are in a stagnant state, and don't want to start firing people.

Plus again, most of my reasoning is that gut feeling something will happen. My gut is right nearly all of the time. I think all of these factors only "prove" my gut feeling. However, I definitely do see where you are coming from, and you did make very valid points.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Yep, you used it about a month ago, you only used it once, though, from what I recall

I agree that the meme is really lame, though, like RayWilliamJohnson/little kids and dudebro CoD players with a headset on Xbox Live level of lame. DBZ: Abridged on the other hand? Now that's funny :laugh:
xbox 360 sucks but for somepoint it sucks.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Congrats GI for making the stupidest article I've seen from you guys in a looooong time. How the F*** would Rayman be an alternative to Mario?!

Yall already addressed the rest.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think you meant "never get old", John :p

My favorite parts are
Nappa calling Chiaotzu a Pokemon and Vegeta when he found out he didn't have the Dragon Ball :laugh:

D

Deleted member

You don't want too many 3rd parties roaming around. A while back, some of the rosters that I saw had as many as "5" 3rd parties.
While that's personal viewpoints, it makes no difference to what can/may/will happen.

If Sakurai is willing to include 10 3rd Parties and companies are willing to have them added, then by all means, there will be 10.
However, 10 is farfetched. 5 is reasonable.
The 2 we got, and the following 3:

1. Mega Man: Capcom USA wants him, Capcom Japan wouldn't mind him in, but it's up to Nintendo, they said. Sakurai acknowledged that a Capcom character was "not outside the realm of possibility" and Mega Man is one of the most requested characters.

2. Professor Layton: His creator said him in Smash would be a "wonderful opportunity", and Layton has GREAT ties to Nintendo because of Level-5. Layton is also highly requested in Japan and Europe.

3. Slime: Mascot of Dragon Quest, which has crossed over with Mario twice (Idataki Street DS and Fortune Street), as well as featured a guest character in Mario Sports Mix, which is Slime himself. Slime is also heavily demanded in Japan, rivalling Mega Man as most requested 3rd Party.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Keep the transformation to allow players to play with Sheik alone, Zelda alone, or both. If you split them up, to some you are taking away a character.
Most people as I know them never play with both characters. The few "Shielda" players out there can either move on to Impa, Zelda, or a new transformation character. We already had Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Who's to stop them from adding in more characters like that?

Pokemon Trainer especially has potential in this regard.
There's also the Diddy / Dixie team option of coarse.

I don't think Toon Link is too far away from being decloned. His style is already a stark contrast to Link's, so not a heck of a lot needs to be done.
My idea of differenciating Link from Toon Link is making Link less projectile based (especially considering Takamaru will likely take on this style). So they could imo remove his Boomerang completely, and make it unique to Toon Link- and have the Skyward Strike (full powered version of coarse :awesome: ) in it instead.
Down B could be the new Spin Attack, with Melee properties (NTCS version, not PAL- which was my version of the game) and Up B, well it could be Helm Splitter? Or an actual Claw Shot attack. This Bomberman playstyle for Link should finally be discredited...

If you ask me, we keep talking about changing Sheik, making Zelda decent for once, and further decloning Toon Link, when really we should be figuring out what could happen with Ganondorf. That issue, to me, is the biggest one. Most of us would probably drool over a bad a** Ganondorf with a sword and awesome magicz!
Well, main problem with Sheik is that she's not an 'extension' of Zelda's moveset no more. That was painly obvious ever since it was discovered how much better Sheik is than Zelda. That and so many other issues with Sheik make me want to perhaps keep her playstyle in, but revamp it a lot (different B's for example) by adding in Impa.

Zelda should be less power / accuracy-based than she is. She's a glass cannon in the worst way possible, and it doesn't really suit her much. Sure, she could have some moves with more power and ending lag, but I feel it overall doesn't suit her at all. Nayru's Love should perhaps be a barrier-like attack, and Din's Fire should be maybe even better than it is in Brawl. An actual Down B would be very good to have to.

And definitely, Ganondorf will take up the most work of them all though with a new moveset. That's obvious. He really needs it now. And to keep in the OoT-references, why not give him a moveset inspired of it? I think that's a bit more than compensation for Sheik's "removal" don't you think? :awesome: I honestly DOUBT that even 0.2% would really complain if that exact situation would occur.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You don't want too many 3rd parties roaming around. A while back, some of the rosters that I saw had as many as "5" 3rd parties.
The problem with idea of having a lot of third party characters is Sakurai has said that it is a very difficult process trying to integrate them into the game. Going so far as to say it is as difficult as building a game from the ground up. That speaks volumes to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom