• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stage element and AT =/= being playable.

Ice Climbers... who cared about them, let alone remembered them, before Melee?
Ice Climbers only had one game. It doesn't change what actually is happening. Both Golden Sun games before Dark Dawn had a decent amount of popularity. Dark Dawn never did. I mean, some liked it, and it had its good points, but was more on the mediocre side currently. That's, last I checked, in all regions. GS and The Lost Age did much better overall. Taking a character from there would just be a better idea. The only reason to bother with Matthew is because he's new. I'd rather choose the main hero first.

Likewise, unlike Golden Sun, the Mother games are not directly connected to eachother. They're more like Final Fantasy, minus the sequels. They're just the same series.

Also, that has nothing to do with popularity. Being in the game is being in the game. The only thing being playable does is rep you better, not make you more popular.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Never heard of Sheik being all too popular in OoT even. But seeing OoT's success pre-Melee, and Zelda doing jack**** in any game till that point it made sence to have Zelda / Sheik. It even was ****in' awesome. In Brawl I already felt they could've done better for Zelda, and add another character instead of having the already irrelevant Sheik. Now with Smash 4, they REALLY need to get rid of Sheik for a new character. Preferably Impa to keep in Sheik's style of play.
Sheik is still not gonna leave... :awesome:

Sheik is like the old chips you don't like in the back of your pantry. You don't remember getting them, but you don't remember a time where you didn't have them. :laugh:
What do you guys think of these suggestions? I think some of these choices are interesting.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...am-team-what-we-want-in-a-new-smash-bros.aspx
I face palmed at Waluigi, and stopped at Epic Mickey. Those are n00bish suggestions (along with obvious ones) and no real "good ideas."
Like Wart.
:awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It gets worse at the end. A Kung Fu Panda rep, really?!
Woaw, that's awful. Epic Mickey was terrible enough. Who the heck would want Jack Black's voice ruining smash=??? (seriously, his voice is annoying!!!)
@Johnknight: You play Skyrim too? FUS RO DAH!!
I'm at about level 40 and I still don't have Dragon Speaking powers. I have ignored the main quest, just like in Oblivion (I got to the max level, beat nearly all the dungeons without going very far in the story).

I got maxed illusion and pick pocketing. I love stealing stuff in that game. All I've done is go from city to city stealing stuff. I found an awesome secret: if you pay someone to level you up in a skill, you can rob 'em right back to get your money, and then level up again! :laugh:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They picked Birdo over Ridley :laugh:
They didn't pick Birdo over Ridley, but they thought Birdo was more likely. Unfortunately, they fall for the "Ridley probably es to bigg" trap.

Are we walking personal themes for ourselves? I could never decide on a single theme. This song is pretty awesome, though.

@Johnknight: I'm doing the main quest, but at snail pace because I'm sidetracked by quests and dungeons and all that crap. I avoid talking to people in fear they'll give me another quest. :laugh: I'm a level 35 Argonian mage.

Personally, I like to end my playthroughs by walking up to an provoking a giant and then watching my lifeless body launch through the clouds.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Ice Climbers only had one game. It doesn't change what actually is happening. Both Golden Sun games before Dark Dawn had a decent amount of popularity. Dark Dawn never did. I mean, some liked it, and it had its good points, but was more on the mediocre side currently. That's, last I checked, in all regions. GS and The Lost Age did much better overall. Taking a character from there would just be a better idea. The only reason to bother with Matthew is because he's new. I'd rather choose the main hero first.

Likewise, unlike Golden Sun, the Mother games are not directly connected to eachother. They're more like Final Fantasy, minus the sequels. They're just the same series.
Yeah, Dark Dawn really didn't take off well, which is a disappointment. Either way, Isaac still has the best chance out of anyone else in the series by a long shot.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal Overlord
Really? They forgot Ridley=??? AND MEGA FRIGGEN MAN=??? How can you miss that amount of fan support/awesomeness in a can.

Something tells me the Game Informer staff (I'm assuming that is who published this) is not sober in the slightest... >.<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik is still not gonna leave... :awesome:

Sheik is like the old chips you don't like in the back of your pantry. You don't remember getting them, but you don't remember a time where you didn't have them. :laugh:

I face palmed at Waluigi, and stopped at Epic Mickey. Those are n00bish suggestions (along with obvious ones) and no real "good ideas."
Like Wart.
:awesome:
Sheik's playstyle can stay for all I care, that's why Impa is so good. It's her perfect oppertunity, and Zelda / Sheik combo again doesn't feel right after the character development of Zelda in Skyward Sword. Which is why Impa, again, is better. They can go both ways with Zelda and Impa, having them be a transformation character, or separate. Cannot say so much with Sheik.

And literally, that roster is painful to read. It has some good in it, but I feel that it might be coincidental...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Dark Dawn really didn't take off well, which is a disappointment. Either way, Isaac still has the best chance out of anyone else in the series by a long shot.
I think it would've done better if it didn't have so many OBVIOUS problems. A solid game, but yeah. I agree. Especially since relevancy is not an issue anyway. I could see Matthew taking place as an AT, or Isaac having his look slightly. Anything could happen. It also helps that Isaac has two talking roles, and thus, more characterization. He fits all the criteria, after all.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Oh yeah, also to make sure, Dark Dawn hasn't been out for two years. It came out in November of '10.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ridley is too big. Look at that picture on that Game Informer article.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sheik's playstyle can stay for all I care, that's why Impa is so good. It's her perfect oppertunity, and Zelda / Sheik combo again doesn't feel right after the character development of Zelda in Skyward Sword. Which is why Impa, again, is better. They can go both ways with Zelda and Impa, having them be a transformation character, or separate. Cannot say so much with Sheik.
Well it's not about "fitting" Sheik in Skyward Sword with Zelda, but in smash. The combo between the two was much improved in Brawl. I think smash is getting closer to a great and useable transformation character.
And literally, that roster is painful to read. It has some good in it, but I feel that it might be coincidental...
Yeah, Miis, Toad, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario were obvious. Again, from what I read, there were no "unobvious" or somewhat retro/random characters like Wart, Takamaru, etc. It just felt like an average, stale n00b roster. We want a roster that gets you excited (remember the Sonic hype=???) not "okay, we got a 3rd Mario clone... that's lame." :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh yeah, also to make sure, Dark Dawn hasn't been out for two years. It came out in November of '10.
I hope we get something related to it regardless. It has some nice music and models.

For Isaac's Final Smash, Hmm... Catastrophe could be cool. Iris is another option.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They either select cookie cutter safe characters or go off the deep end into the pool of absolutely absurd. I cannot say I am too surprised since this seems to be commonplace for every video game website that lists their dream lists for Super Smash Bros. Seriously, Kung Fu Panda? Do I even NEED to refute that?

there sure is alot of new people coming from somewhere.
Pot... Black... You know the rest.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Just for the LOLz, these are Game Informer's predicted chances for each character to get into Smash.

Miis - 95%
Waluigi - 89%
Prince Fluff - 85%
Paper Mario - 72%
Toadstool - 66%
Bowser Jr. - 58%
Quote (Cave Story) - 50%
Epic Mickey - 41%
Doc Louis - 34%
Alucard - 30%
Birdo - 28%
Megaman - 25%
Ridley - 17%
Rayman - 11%
Peach Pit (a fusion of Peach and Pit) - 0.1%
Kung Fu Panda - 0.0001%

They do have some interesting stage and item ideas later on, like a submarine Steel Diver level and the Virtual Boy, but it's balanced by crap stuff (although I would love a Portal Gun myself for Smash :laugh:)

Johnknight: XD

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I made the mistake of continuing, and saw a Castlevania character that wasn't Dracula or had the last name "Belmont." (Simon Belmont would kick so much butt!)

@ Metal Overlord
Yeah, they said Princess Fluff was more likely than Paper Mario. I have no idea where they got their percentage chances from (if they meant an appearance, where playable, as a boss, as a assist trophy character, as an enemy, an NPC, sticker, trophy, etc, then sure most of this list is likely). I suspect an acid trip. Seriously, I'm tempted to call the FBI to say there's a huge amount of illegal narcotics in Game Informer's offices! :laugh:

@ Java Croc
I hope posting that didn't lower your IQ. That is painful to look at.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To me, it just seems like those Game Informer choices are what non-Nintendo fans (that is, fans who aren't very knowledgeable or are ignorant with Nintendo history and franchises) want. Almost as if they are the choices people outside the Internet want to see in Super Smash Bros.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I think it would've done better if it didn't have so many OBVIOUS problems. A solid game, but yeah. I agree. Especially since relevancy is not an issue anyway. I could see Matthew taking place as an AT, or Isaac having his look slightly. Anything could happen. It also helps that Isaac has two talking roles, and thus, more characterization. He fits all the criteria, after all.
Agree'd with everything you said here. Can't help but think that DD should've had slightly better sales up to this point, but it's understandable.

I hope we get something related to it regardless. It has some nice music and models.

For Isaac's Final Smash, Hmm... Catastrophe could be cool. Iris is another option.
Judgment would make more sense, being the fourth level Venus summon and all, but Catastrophe and Iris are both super cool looking summons themselves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well it's not about "fitting" Sheik in Skyward Sword with Zelda, but in smash. The combo between the two was much improved in Brawl. I think smash is getting closer to a great and useable transformation character.
Yeah but why keep the transforming part with Zelda / Sheik? The idea is outdated, they could easily add in a newer character for that. Besides, appart from a Sheik nerf in Brawl, the combo still isn't good cause Zelda is a lot worse as well. :/

With the Zelda characters I'd actually prefer a good few revamps for Link and Zelda to make them a lot better playable, and balanced (not clinging to those 'extremes' as they are in Brawl). And a few tweaks on Toon Link to make him more unique from Link (not a total declone though, think Ness / Lucas), And of coarse a total new Ganondorf moveset (possibly inspired from OoT- to still please the fans). That's already a lot of work on Zelda characters.

So I'd actually rather have revamps, and have Impa be the new character (being Sheik 1.5) than having new characters added and the current ones are still ****.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Of all the crazy rosters that I've ran into, what Game Informer showed us is just a new low for any level.
I know right? And I thought IGN's list was pretty ludicrous. No wonder Game Informer has no credibility, because their putting lists like that together. Sheesh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agree'd with everything you said here. Can't help but think that DD should've had slightly better sales up to this point, but it's understandable.
It'd be nice if there was no chance to miss any key things like Djinni. But that Venus Female problem annoyed me the most.

Judgment would make more sense, being the fourth level Venus summon and all, but Catastrophe and Iris are both super cool looking summons themselves.
I mean the best within Golden Sun itself, not just Venus. I expect Isaac to use attacks from every type. Considering he can anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why should they do that? There are no earth element based fighters (except from a few moves of Donkey Kong) in Smash yet anyway?

Good that he blocked me though... >_> Someone speak sence into HF please?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lolz, if Po should make it, Horton the Elefant as an Assist Trophy please (He generally ripped off Kung Fu Panda + anime cliches in the movie lol)

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom