• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ahh, stages sometimes take place in the first level or the final level... but sometimes they take place in middle of the game... Some examples:

Green Hill Zone - first world in the first Sonic game
Mushroomy Kingdom - first two levels in Super Mario Bros.
Frigate Orpheon - first location you visit in Metroid Prime
Yoshi's Island Brawl - first world in SNES Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island Melee - first level in Super Mario World
Dream Land 64 - first level in the first Kirby game
Kongo Jungle 64 - first world in Donkey Kong Country
Mario Circuit - first racetrack in SNES Mario Kart, usually in Flower Cup in the other games
Hyrule Castle - first location you visit in SNES Zelda, second location you visit in Zelda OOT
Temple - based on the Palaces in Zelda II
Great Bay - third area you visit in Majora's Mask
Skyworld - third world in NES Kid Icarus
Norfair - probably the third area you visit in NES Metroid (after Crateria and Brinstar)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Green Greens and Brinstar too.
(-lvl-);

GSNinja: Just wondering, if there was gonna be another Adventure Mode, how would Isaac be introduced and portrayed in it? Does he have any partic relationships (friendship, rivalry,antagonism) with someone?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am beginning to think we aren't getting a Golden Sun character. It's been almost 2 years since Dark Dawn came out... and it was about 7 years between the GBA games and the DS game...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2 years I've been ignoring this game already..? That's rather bad...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Golden Sun does not receive a character it won't be because there has not been a recent game.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I am beginning to think we aren't getting a Golden Sun character. It's been almost 2 years since Dark Dawn came out... and it was about 7 years between the GBA games and the DS game...
Well, let's look at it this way. When Brawl came out, it was before GS3 was even announced, so a lot of people were still under the notion that the series might never continue. Despite that, Isaac still got as many votes as characters like Lucas in Sakurai's poll, not to mention that even back before Brawl came out, Golden Sun still had a solid and vocal enough following.

This time around, the series came back to relevance with a third game, with a fourth game clearly on the horizon, although we don't know when it'll be out. Two straight showings at E3 (2009 and 2010) also really helped Golden Sun become more noticeable under the public eye and Isaac gets some pretty decent support nowadays.

I dunno, I think it would be more surprising if Golden Sun didn't get a rep.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can someone put up Sakurai's list again? It was heavily relied on pre-Brawl for predictions, am curious to see what character got what votes again.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Can someone put up Sakurai's list again? It was heavily relied on pre-Brawl for predictions, am curious to see what character got what votes again.
You are better off not. That "poll" is the single most cause of confusion during the Brawl days, and is still leading many people astray. It is, and never was, what everyone thought it was. The true results of the poll Sakurai held was never released. We do know however that some characters received a lot of suggestions. Sonic, Saki, and Deoxys are all characters he mentions as having a lot of requests or popularity. Everybody else playable in the game is kind of a given.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Did anyone here actually bought Dark Dawn? I did.... I played it, enjoyed it, and beat it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Own the game. Was okay. The Point of no Returns, and the inability to save for nearly 20 minutes from the start severely hurt my like for the game. It's also too easy to miss some Djinn. I preferred the first two more.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I liked about Dark Dawn is how the environments looked in 3D... it definitely helped me visualize how the world is like... and that's how I was came up with the idea of the Belinsk stage with the Crystallux. The story was pretty interesting... but it felt TL;DR just like the first two games. I only liked Golden Sun for the gameplay and the Djinni system... and of course the in-game world also helps.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I find FMV's completely useless myself. I like to imagine the world by reading it. But I'm a fan of books, literature, and fanfiction, so eh.

Anyway, it was a good game, but had less of what I liked about the first two. My biggest issue, besides the easily missable stuff, was that our first Venus Female... can't use the Sol Blade etc. What. The. Hell. Why can't woman use large blades? Felt like a Double Standard to me. Not to mention being unable to equip those blades to no one but freakin' Matthew. Worst decision ever.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meh... so at this point, I really don't care which one we get... Isaac or Matthew... they both look the same. Matthew looks like a teenage Isaac with different clothes anyway. And they have the same powers and abilities... that's why I am not being too picky about demanding only Isaac get in Smash over Matthew or vice versa. Either one works for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun really distinquised itself from other RPGs by it's actual fun overworld puzzling. The battles, elemental Psynergy, Djinni, Summons and weapon unleashes made it all the more unique. Lots of replayability vallue to, at least to me.

Donkey Kong just beat a Marth player at Apex to <3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@n: Yes. Yes I would. But seriously, I didn't care if she was a small girl. Venus Adepts are known for STRENGTH. Although they do have more HP, but Earth = Strength. It felt like a copout.

@Arcadenik: I'd prefer Isaac only because he was there first. Plus, he's in all three games, so that should count for something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK 4-stocked a Roy just now. Rippletoe is ****in' amazing.

And no, it was sw96's link

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@n: Yes. Yes I would. But seriously, I didn't care if she was a small girl. Venus Adepts are known for STRENGTH. Although they do have more HP, but Earth = Strength. It felt like a copout.

@Arcadenik: I'd prefer Isaac only because he was there first. Plus, he's in all three games, so that should count for something.
Ninten was there first... Ness got in... who was more recent at the time of SSB64's release? Ness.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Did anyone here actually bought Dark Dawn? I did.... I played it, enjoyed it, and beat it.
I beat the game less than two days after it came out haha. I devoted all my time to playing it after I bought it.

While DD isn't as great as the first two GS games, it was still good and worth the purchase. Some things hurt it, though:

1. Easy difficulty and short time. The first enemy to give me any sort of challenge was, well...the final boss. I also beat the game between 20 and 25 hours.
2. Points of no return, like someone else stated. This was completely unnecessary.
3. Plot holes. I won't go further because of spoilers, but...This, much more than anything, is what hurt the experience.

If I were to rate DD, it would be a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. To be honest, it's a very good game by itself, but it doesn't quite stack up to the first two. The summon animations are wicked as hell, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ninten was there first... Ness got in... who was more recent at the time of SSB64's release? Ness.
Mother 1 never hit USA. Ness would be more known. Doesn't apply. Isaac has a lot more going than Matthew does anyway. They can use the same moves, and he did it first. Likewise, fans from every region would know who Isaac is no matter what game they picked up. Unless they pick up the latest game, Matthew won't be as known.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That even less people would know the character they were playing as. We never got to see Ninten by Melee.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I have a question, wasn't Lucas supposed to be in Melee but they put Ness in again instead?

D

Deleted member

I have a question, wasn't Lucas supposed to be in Melee but they put Ness in again instead?
This is true.
In Melee, Ness was originally going to be replaced by Mother N64's main character (speculated to be Lucas) until the N64 game was cancelled and later moved to the GBA.
When the N64 game was cancelled, Ness stayed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ensuring all of Slime's attacks LOOK different enough might be an argument, but even then it's kind of weak. Like, can't have his jab look the same as his grab.

ALSO, even though this is too many characters, I'm fairly confident there's not a character on here that WON'T be playable. They're all good choices. If I had to, I would cut it down by six characters at the most, but which ones I pick would probably be up in the air depending on how I feel at the time.

Now wait a minute. That's not what I meant. UH, while I don't think all of these characters will be playable, I think the final roster will not have characters not already on this image. Something like that.
1: You already know about my hatred towards Ghirahim, so there's no reason to talk about that.

2: The lack of Bowser Jr. does hurt.

3: I don't know about Roy making a comeback at this point. There is Chrome to keep in mind after all.

4: I was thinking about swapping Solid Snake with a Square Enix rep. I did state a few of them that might work; Slime, Black Mage, White Mage.

5: I'm not familiar with Shulk. Who is he?

6: Other than the 5 things stated above, not too bad.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dunno what to talk about so I guess I bring this out again...

GSNinja: Just wondering, if there was gonna be another Adventure Mode, how would Isaac be introduced and portrayed in it? Does he have any partic relationships (friendship, rivalry,antagonism) with someone?
I'm using my 3DS, so can't really see what's going on in the Apex Tourney. (-=^=-);

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mother 1 never hit USA. Ness would be more known. Doesn't apply. Isaac has a lot more going than Matthew does anyway. They can use the same moves, and he did it first. Likewise, fans from every region would know who Isaac is no matter what game they picked up. Unless they pick up the latest game, Matthew won't be as known.
Did fans from every region know who Lucas is? They cannot have Mother 3, only Japan can.

Smash 64 wasn't intended to get a worldwide release (until its "surprsing" popularity in Japan). How would Mother 1 not hitting USA matter?
Exactly. SSB64 was intended to be Japan-only... and they still put in Ness, the more recent hero from Mother 2, over Ninten, the first hero from Mother 1.

Lucas would have gotten in over Ness in Melee if Mother 3 (or Earthbound 64) wasn't canceled during Melee development.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It has been said, but I do not know how truthful that is. I have yet to see any link or evidence supporting that statement. It is probably similar to many of the other misinformation circulating around the net.

@Golden Sun:

I purchased the original game for the GBA not too long ago, but I am having a real hard time staying committed to playing. It seems like I am only able to play it for so long before I lose interest. There always seems like to be something lacking. Right now I have not even touched the game in months, and last place I was at was a boss that handed me my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom