• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Toad's beaten Bowser Jr. in requests, and suprisingly enough there's actually been slowly rising support for Lip lately. (Most notably in Gamefaqs)
I am feeling bad for Bowser Jr. though, because I'd like to see Bowser's son take the ring. He's proven himself to be fighter material after all.

D

Deleted member

Here is my review of your roster.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser: I agree that they will return.
Toad: I personally do not think that Toad will get in. Sakurai has twice regulated Toad to a special move. I believe Toad is better at defining Peach rather than being his own character. With that said, that does not mean that Toad will not get in. Having a 3dS game as well might help his chances. Still not a bad choice on your part.
Understandable.

DK, Diddy: I agree.
King K. Rool: I hope he gets in. Dixie's time might have passed since she did not get in with Diddy as a tag team character. That leaves K. Rool. He has been absent in awhile, but has flavor. This depends on Sakurai's bias. I will say he has a 50/50 shot of getting in. Good choice.

I agree on Yoshi and Wario with no additions for their franchises.
Glad to see someone else who agrees that Dixie's time has passed.

Link series gets murky. I agree on Link, Zelda/Sheik, Gannondorf. While I have my own bias against Toon Link, Sakurai has expressed the importance of having a young link as well (maybe hinting at the released official timeline of the series). So I agree that Toon Link is highly probable.
I've read up on that it's because he views a true Link being young, as the first "older" Link was in OoT.

I disagree on Toon Zelda/Tetra. I think Toon Zelda/Sheik was considered. But this would have most likely been a clone/semi-clone and the idea was dismissed. I suppose a Tingle or Ghirahim (rooting for this guy) would fit the bill a little better.

In conclusion I agree with the number of slots, but disagree on Toon Zelda/Tetra.
I can understand the disagreement about Toon Zelda, however, I don't think there's much competition. Tingle, while popular in Japan, isn't popular enough to where he's wanted in Smash over there. And his hatebase in the States is so strong that it prevented his spin-offs from reaching there.
As for Ghirahim, it's too early to tell his chances. On one hand, Ghirahim is not unlike Zant in the regard that he is a newer villain that isn't Ganondorf or similar to Ganondorf (like Demise), and Zant didn't make it into Brawl. On the other, Ghirahim seems to have gained more popularity.
In my opinion, a Zelda character is tough to decipher, so I figure I would go with at least the one that was planned at some point for Brawl.

Samus I agree with. I can see the little Zamus icon in the same square. I agree with her as well. Dark Samus is an easier villain to incorporate than Ridley. Sakurai joked about Ridley having to be really, really slow in order to be included and I suspect that because of the realistic nature of the Metroid series, he is not allowed to resize Ridley. This is tricky. I give Dark Samus a 25/75 chance of being a new character. But still it is a good guess. Sakurai wants to add to the Metroid series, but there is a lack of reasonable characters that he thinks could meld into the Smash World.
Given Ridley's heavy support, I feel Sakurai will consider him. After all, he did say that if they put in their best efforts, that Ridley could work, however, he would be a little slow (as most larger characters tend to be anyway.)
As for Dark Samus, the prospect of having Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Dark Samus as Metroid's representatives doesn't really click to me. I'd honestly expect someone like Anthony Higgs or Adam Malkovich before Dark Samus, or if we needed a villain, MB.

Pit I agree with. Glad to see this roster only including one other Kid Icarus character. Medusa is more likely than Palutena in my opinion. Palutena has overlaps with Pit. Fairly good choice on slots and character pick.
I know, right? Everybody assumes that because Sakurai is developing Uprising that there will be a bunch of characters added. Makes no sense to me.

There was a reference to Saki's AT being "playable character-like" on the Dojo. Saki's game also had a sequel. I agree that he (or his son) is very likely to take up one slot for their franchise.

Kirby and Earth Bound will not get any new additions. I agree. Sakurai has the revamped Icarus series to pluck a revamped character design of his if he wants to add one of his creations (re-creations).

Star Fox is tricky. I agree all three will return. Will krystal be added? Star Fox is a dying franchise. Miyamato joked that if the next Star Fox re-release did not generate sells, he would cancel the series. I think he was serious. I think just the remaining three is a safe bet.
Agreed with all.

Captain Falcon, Yes! Not sure who the guy below him is. I don't think another F-Zero slot will get in. Not sure about Mach Rider. Maybe if Wario did not get a motor cycle, and maybe if Captain Falcon didn't already take bounty hunter, race car driver. I will disagree with this slot if it is Black Bull or Mach Rider.
That is Mach Rider. Sakurai has mentioned that Mach Rider is one of his favorite games, as well as adding a remix of his music and a redesigned appearance on his Trophy leads me to believe that he was planned for Melee, but cut because he already had the Ice Climbers as a "retro" character. I have no proof on this, but it's just a hunch.
And Wario having a bike and Captain Falcon being a bounty hunter doesn't affect Mach in any way. characters of similar premises were included.

Pokemon is a hard guess. Yes to Jiggs and Pikachu. I think the trainer will return (but with the newest starters). Still good guess. Will Mewtwo return? Hard to say. 50/50 on this. But not Lucario in my opinion. My guess is that he will be replaced by a Black/White posterchild. So I agree mostly with the number of slots. Maybe one too many, but maybe not. Fairly good guesses.
As you said later, Sakurai doesn't like to cut. Lucario has more chances to stay then people think.
As for B/W, I've already given a full post explaining why one isn't really "required".

Fire Emblem is another tough one. I agree with Marth and Ike. Both represent different strategies. Finess versus overwhelming power. I think a third FE could appear, but he or she would be a clone/ semi-clone of either Marth or Ike. Still good guesses.
Roy was planned for Brawl, and was one of the last cuts made due to time constraints. hat, and his support to return from worldwide makes him (and Mewtwo) a safe bet.

Issacc for Golden Sun? Why not. He certainly offers a fun moveset. Purely for flavor reasons he should be added. Will he be? 60/40 perhaps.
That's actually Matthew, but still. Whatever applies to Isaac applies to Matthew as well.

Takamaru. Sakurai likes him, but wonders if he would be known outside of Japan. Possible. He does complete the early characters. Samus, Pit, Link, Takamaru. I will say yes, I agree.
With Samurai Warriors 3 being released overseas, I would say Takamaru isn't too obscure or not known anymore.

Ice Climbers, GW, R.O.B: Agreed. Each represent a part of Nintendo and have flavorful unique moves.

Olimar, I agree.
Ok.

No to Little Mac. Sakurai mentioned that he did not like characters that could only punch. Little Mac is as bland as can be. I just don't think he would inspire Sakurai to give him a moveset. Disagree.
I don't remember where he said this. I only remember that he initially denied the Urban Champion character as Melee's Retro rep because he had little to work with.
Little Mac has his rival boxers to work with. (As in, borrow some of their techniques, such as Super Macho Man's Triple Clothesline, Bald Bull's Bull Charge, or Mr. Sandman's Dreamland Express.)
Little Mac also has heavy Western suppot, something Sakurai also looks at. (He doesn't want to cater to only Japan with the characters), and Sakurai also refers to him as a "legend" in his Assist page on the Dojo.
Furthermore, DK also is very bland (and ironically, Mac has faced DK before).

Snake and Sonic. Snake is one of the most unique, flavorful characters in Smash. I would hate to see him go. All four of his specials have not been done before Brawl. And two of his Smashes also are new ideas. But I am not sure what Nintendo's policy on the number of outsiders is going to be. Could be 50/50. Sonic, though, I think will stay. Hopefully gain a bit more variety in his moves. Good choices, nonetheless. Sakurai does not like cutting characters.
Ok.

Capcom has been mentioned. Megaman seems like a definite. I don't know much about this Layton guy. Does he fight? Sakurai has mentioned not adding characters that do not fight such as Animal Crossing folks. I think a Street Fighter character is more likely. Ryu is a good rival to Mario (both have similar rising jumps and access to a fireball, ect.) Still I don't know enough about Layton do really decide.
If he didn't want to add characters that did not fight, we wouldn't have had Zelda, R.O.B., or Game & Watch, among others.
What he said is that Animal Crossing and Nintendogs had no characters that can work in a fighting game due to both series' demographics.
Layton, is one to prefer using his mind to solve disputes rather than violence, but he has shown that he isn't above it if it's necessary (such as when he used a sword and his fencing skills for self-defense, and using a gold coin shooter to stop enemies that were trying to kill him. While Layton's games are about puzzle solving, like Captain Falcon, he has shown figting prowess outside of gameplay.

Layton's creator has also stated that Layton in Smash Bros. would be a "wonderful opportunity". And Layton's series is more connected to Nintendo than Snake's or Sonic's.

I don't think Slime will get in. Maybe it is just my own personal bias.
Well, as long as you admit that it's bias trather than stating that he can't fight, I have no problems.

IN CONCLUSION: A well-thought out list. Seems like you did try to read Sakurai's mind rather than pollute the roster with only your personal choices regardless of probability and logical conclusions. One of the most likely roster lists I have seen in awhile in my opinion. B plus! Well done.
Thank you.

No 5th generation support is a downer, especially when the Pokemon roster is focusing way too much on the 1st generation. Also, before considering Medusa, Palutena should come first.

Basically, some ups and some downs on your inputs.

I've made a whole post on why I feel that 5th Gen isn't as required as people make it out to be, but everyone seemed to have ignored it...

I don't see why Palutena has to always come first. Medusa's the main villain, and Palutena doesn't get into the action as much as Peach and Zelda did/do.

Perfect, damn near.
Thanks. :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mario Tennis 3DS is a dream come true for me, honestly

Now we just need...

Viewtiful Joe 3
A Mario Party as good as the 4th one
Another Mario Golf
Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice
Remake of the original Smash Bros ala Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
A new F-Zero
A new Star Fox
Sonic Adventure 3- (with a mix of SA1/SA2-type gameplay)
A Dragon Ball adventure-type of game
A Mario and Sonic crossover platformer
A 007 game on par with Goldeneye 64

Then all my dreams will come true :love:

lol

yani

Smash Lord
DK Jr. is the current DK, but they've played side by side in Mario Tennis before, so who cares who he really is :awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Geno does only have two games in his belt. I wouldn't call him an obvious choice. I'd say Slime, being a mascot, would be noted faster.

Of course, if we mean Sakurai's choice... yeah, probably him. I want Black Mage more, though.

Definitely not a shoe-in. It would mean that we could get more games with Geno in. Like Super Mario RPG 2.
I'm pretty much in for a Square Enix rep, but Geno doesn't seem possible at the moment. Slime, White Mage, or Black Mage would probably come first.

I've made a whole post on why I feel that 5th Gen isn't as required as people make it out to be, but everyone seemed to have ignored it...

I don't see why Palutena has to always come first. Medusa's the main villain, and Palutena doesn't get into the action as much as Peach and Zelda did/do.
It would still be good to represent the latest Pokemon generation in whatever way possible.

Regarding Palutena, seeing as --- has done a moveset for her, in a way, it shows that it's possible to make her a fighter. Of course, I didn't completely agree with ---'s inputs for her.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geno's always possible. I expect a non-Mario SE rep first. Keep in mind that they could only put Geno in, but that is probably not going to happen anyway. :p

I also facepalmed at no 5th Gen rep. Yeah... no. The 3rd Gen was wrapped by the time of Brawl, and 4th Gen was the main one. It made sense. Likewise, the 3rd Gen got more overall rep(outside of playability) with an actual boss, stickers, more Poke Ball Pokemon, and the possibility of Minun & Plusle. Unless 6th Gen comes along, a 5th Gen is most likely going to be in. Who is the question.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Slime, while it seems people tell he can fight still looks kind of boring to me actually. :/

Zoroark seems to be the most likely 5th gen rep to me at this point. Doubt he's as popular as Lucario as of yet, but doubt it'll mather much seeing how succesful apperantly the 5th generation was overall. Might actually try and pick up a copy sometime. Will ask the pro's here though: how much better was it than 4th gen? Cause I was pretty disapoint with it.

I don't want anyone get in the way of Mewtwo's spot though. We're overdue for a new revamped Mewtwo. This time they should make him the Meta Knight of Sm4sh. >_> Just for not including him in Brawl.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ensuring all of Slime's attacks LOOK different enough might be an argument, but even then it's kind of weak. Like, can't have his jab look the same as his grab.

ALSO, even though this is too many characters, I'm fairly confident there's not a character on here that WON'T be playable. They're all good choices. If I had to, I would cut it down by six characters at the most, but which ones I pick would probably be up in the air depending on how I feel at the time.

Now wait a minute. That's not what I meant. UH, while I don't think all of these characters will be playable, I think the final roster will not have characters not already on this image. Something like that.
Get rid of one Kid Icarus and DK character. Add Paper Mario and Starfy. I'm sold. :awesome:

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Are there any franchises that yall view are too small or unknown to be represented through playable characters but big enough to warrant a stage?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Mario Tennis 3DS is a dream come true for me, honestly

Now we just need...

Viewtiful Joe 3
A Mario Party as good as the 4th one
Another Mario Golf
Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice
Remake of the original Smash Bros ala Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
A new F-Zero
A new Star Fox
Sonic Adventure 3- (with a mix of SA1/SA2-type gameplay)
A Dragon Ball adventure-type of game
A Mario and Sonic crossover platformer
A 007 game on par with Goldeneye 64

Then all my dreams will come true :love:

lol
theres already a dragonball z adventure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Regarding Palutena, seeing as --- has done a moveset for her, in a way, it shows that it's possible to make her a fighter. Of course, I didn't completely agree with ---'s inputs for her.
It seems I'll have to get the nerd glasses out again. :awesome:

Too bad I have work to do (:p), if I feel like it later tonight I'll explain a my position a bit more in another KI debate.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are there any franchises that yall view are too small or unknown to be represented through playable characters but big enough to warrant a stage?

I'd like a Custom Robo and Legendary Starfy stage. I don't feel like they'll be getting playable characters. Chibi-Robo probably fits the criteria better though. Loved that game.

I think Star has asked that before, and I listed another series, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER so oh wellolol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, don't make Mewtwo OP, I don't wanna have people calling me a scrub when I use him online
There is no communicating in Smash Online so what's the problem? :awesome: If there are unbalanced tiers again, I want Mewtwo to be on the upper scale, preferably top.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Small franchises? None I can think of that warrants an actual stage, really.

I mean, hell, even Quest 64 couldn't produce a notable stage. A great character, yes. Stage, nada.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wii series should imo be having stages, not Miis playable.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You misinterpret the light in which I discussed inconsistencies. Not in the sense that its something you have done, but in the sense of who's giving into those specific temptations.

Unfortunately this subject has developed into the things that you want. The only thing you can do is suggest ways in which these characters be viewed, but people are going to consider based on what they desire or want, regardless of what you want.

I hope this can be understood this about my character, for you or any other, when you read what I'm telling you. Its not based on the premise of attacking the person, but the phenomena at hand based on their set of decisions. I know it might seem the other way around, but unless you can recognize that, you will feel compelled to uphold defensive manner of being, when really its unnecessary for how you relate to the subject.
Well, I'm not trying to be defensive only explain my thought process. You brought up some things pertaining to me, so I answered them accordingly. No hostility, no defensiveness, just trying to continue with a discussion. Sorry if you took it another way.

Small franchises? None I can think of that warrants an actual stage, really.

I mean, hell, even Quest 64 couldn't produce a notable stage. A great character, yes. Stage, nada.
Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Famicom Wars and Rhythm Heaven would all make for fantastic stages.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is so boring to watch the people play Melee here... they all use the same characters: Fox, Falco, Sheik... don't they use different characters besides these three?

One thing I noticed is that competitive players tend to favor speedy fighters... so, I would like to suggest Meowth for Smash. I think Meowth would be great as a speedy fighter. He is a cat... and cats are nimble and agile.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There was a pretty good Ganondorf at Apex or so I've seen. He was able to hold his own in a team battle against Fox and Falco, along with another Fox. Axe is about to use Pikachu. Would **** my pants if a saw a DK or Mewtwo player though.

Also, why do you think I say Sheik's popularity isn't as genuine as it's supposed to look like? Melee's Top Tier placement had a lot to do with it.

Meowth would be a nice rival character for Pikachu, but other than that I don't see it's neccecary to add him after all this time.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Golden Sun needs Isaac more than a stage.
Oh no doubt, but you can't deny that having a stage set on one of the lighthouse aeries or in Apollo Sanctum would be sweet as ****.

It is so boring to watch the people play Melee here... they all use the same characters: Fox, Falco, Sheik... don't they use different characters besides these three?
Well, there's also Falcon and Marth. :D

I dunno, I can't really blame people for wanting to use the best characters. Do what it takes to win, right?

There was a pretty good Ganondorf at Apex or so I've seen. He was able to hold his own in a team battle against Fox and Falco, along with another Fox. Axe is about to use Pikachu. Would **** my pants if a saw a DK or Mewtwo player though.
I think that was Linguini. He was beast as hell for sure.

D

Deleted member

Yuui's Roster:

Mario: Toad's all nice. I want to see Bowser Jr. though for being there for the Mario-fans of the millenium age. (Sunshine to present days)
Decent here though.
Understood.

DK: No Dixie, but I don't think she's a necessity anyway. Good here too.
Ok.

Zelda: Toon Link is enough. Tetra with Toon Zelda seems an overkill here, especially if she's a clone of Zelda. Can I suggest more original characters? Tingle maybe, he'd be more funnier than Luigi ever was.
Her specials (other than transforming) would be different. Din's Fire, Naryu's Love, and Faroes's Wind don't exist in the Toon styled games. While yes, they weren't in Twilight Princess either, it was still Zelda, just with a graphical update from Melee.
As for Tetra, she wouldn't be like Sheik. For one, she's a pirate, not a ninja :bee:.

Wario: Ware-Wario again, but I assume he has more references on Wario Land here.
(-lwl-)?
I guess. I mean, some moves could be changed to be more Wario Land styled, but I just kept him in the WarioWare outfit because that's the series Sakurai was representing.

Metroid: All good! Many don't like the idea of Zamus being cut, but I don't mind it myself.
(Zamus was good, but it did overshadow much more nerfed Power Suit Samus bit too much. Also, SEX APPEAL FANDOM)
Zamus is still there. Look at the bottom right corner of Samus.
I don't see how Zamus nerfed Samus, considering that Items aren't used in competitive play, so Final Smashes wouldn't be used, and Zero Suit Samus worked as a seperate character when Items are off.

Kid Icarus: I understand why ya added Medusa and no Palutena here, so I dunno what to say. I personally support Palutena, but I don't let that get on the way. (-lvl-);

Saki alone's nice.

Kirby: All good. (-lwl-)b

Mother: Can't say anything here. Good.

Star Fox: Not bad.
Ok.

F-Zero: Needs a new rep, really. I suggest Black Shadow or Goroh...
F-Zero needs another game first. And to be honest, I find Falcon to be lucky to be in Smash. His model fit the prototype characters on Smash's prototype "Dragon King: The Fighting Game", so I feel that Sakurai didn't want that model to go to waste.
I mean, why else would a character with no in-game fighting background other than driving a futuristic race car be given flaming bird punches and kicks?

Mach Rider: Execution might be the key. Sounds cool though. (-l,l-)
Thanks.

PKMN: No 5th gen rep? Your PKMN representation tastes too much of 1st gen/1998.
(-=^=-);;
Don't blame me. Blame the fact that Mewtwo was cut late and one of the most requested characters for Sm4sh now.

Victini? Genesect? We need a 5th Gen rep, really. Lucario with Mewtwo, I dunno if it works.
We really don't, and I've explained why a bunch of pages back, but no one responded to it.
Zoroark? Not wanted. (Due to fear that she'll replace Lucario)
Victini? Most of his support comes from the fact it isn't Zoroark. This is because people think that Vicitni can't possibly replace Lucario due to having a different body type. And his support hasn't reached Japan, who expect Zoroark (but again, don't really want), and is lower in popularity over there than Zoro.
Genesect? Most likely won't be officially revealed by Nintendo until Sma4sh is finished or near finished.

No 5th Gen has amassed Lucario's popularity or icon status to warrant their inclusion. Zoroark tried. Zoroark failed.
Hell, while Lucario was the most popular 4th Gen during Brawl's development, guess who's currently the most popular 5th Gen in Japan?; Chandelure.
Should Chandelure be considered for Smash, given that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Lucario before it have been chosen for their popularity?
And guess who STILL shows up in B/W? Lucario. As one of returning character Cynthia's Pokemon.

Case in point, unless a 5th Gen Pokemon becomes super popular in at least Lucario levels, and has decent amount of requests worldwide, I don't consider one a "requirement".

FE: I see ya played safe here, since we dunno of anything unique about Chrome yet.
Even if we did, I wouldn't have Chrome. Roy is already more likely than him even without the rumor of a FE6 remake.

Golden Sun: Matthew, despite being pushed as the real hero of GS as ya might say, didn't have generally well-acclaimed fame as Isaac and his games were. So don't much like the choice here (We could then have Isa instead of Saki here too)
The difference between Isa and Matthew is that Treasure has not said anything in regards of Isa being the start of the "main saga" or not. Also, Sakurai has shown much interest in Saki, but not particularly that much in Isaac. While it could go either way with Isaac and Matthew (although throwing in Camelot makes the situation more in Matthew's favor), it's clear that Saki is the one to use.

Takamaru: Good choice here too, but just wondering will he get in, Sakurai's still looking if there's an actual game made for Takamaru (and no, SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 DOESN'T COUNT)
How you know he's still looking? For all you know, the fact that Takamaru has heavy Japan support and has been brought back through various titles could be enough for Sakurai to include a character he was interested in for years.

Afterall, he said that if the series got a new game he would be in FOR SURE.
He did not say that the series HAD to get a new game or he would never be in Smash. Just that if one was ever made, there would be no questions asked on Takamaru being in Smash.

Retro's: Seems good enough for me, Mac's here.
Ok.

3rd Party: Layton confuses me. Slime, not so much. I think Layton's the wierd one. But I guess it's not bad.
Layton's creator has shown interest in Layton in Smash, and he's one of the three mos requests 3rd Parties.

Tastes like Brawl-roster somewhat to me: not much characters I'd find fun to play as here, expect Saki and Toad. Yeah. Means I should dig for new faves here.
Also, some presentation (Zelda, PKMN) is an overkill.
Understood.

So I give 6,5/10 for this one.
Thanks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Venus Lighthouse would be awesome. It's the most memorable place out of GS I feel. Plus, how awesome would it be if it got light up during the fight?? Changing the scenery in the while... Would **** my pants even more than seeing a DK or Mewtwo player at Apex...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh no doubt, but you can't deny that having a stage set on one of the lighthouse aeries or in Apollo Sanctum would be sweet as ****.

Well, there's also Falcon and Marth. :D

I dunno, I can't really blame people for wanting to use the best characters. Do what it takes to win, right?
And yet they cannot handle Meta Knight. :rolleyes:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For Falcon, here are some ideas for smaller franchise stage. Here are my some of my stage concepts for those smaller franchises. It is nice having things to refer back to.

Starfy: Gluglug Lagoon
Sin and Punishment: Urban Ruins
Famicom Wars: Orange Star Headquarters
Golden Sun: Elemental Lighthouse
Xenoblade: Gaur Plains
Wii Series: WuHu Island

Just like with Animal Crossing, Pictochat and Electroplankton there can be series that stand along with a stage. It can work, and I think in some ways would be best.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Venus Lighthouse would be awesome. It's the most memorable place out of GS I feel. Plus, how awesome would it be if it got light up during the fight?? Changing the scenery in the while... Would **** my pants even more than seeing a DK or Mewtwo player at Apex...
I would love if the VL aerie split apart in the middle of the match like it did after you beat the final boss, then slid back together after a period of time. They have to add some gimmick to make it similar to GS. :p

And yet they cannot handle Meta Knight. :rolleyes:
Haha, good ol' MK. The deal with him is that unlike Fox and Falco in Melee, he doesn't take nearly as much effort to be good with even as the top character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They couldn't probably beat M2K, that's why :laugh:

Diddy ***** pretty damn good as well in Brawl.

Someone's using Roy now btw. Been a long time since I saw that guy in action.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Venus Lighthouse would be nice... but what is it about that specific lighthouse that made it stand out from the other three lighthouses (Mars, Mercury, Jupiter)? Why do people keep suggesting Venus Lighthouse? Is it because it was where the final boss fight took place in the first game? What?

I played Dark Dawn.... and I thought the town Belinsk would make a great stage. It would take place on the rooftops of the buildings and occasionally, Crystallux (the crystalline dragon) breaks out from the roof of the Belinsk Opera House to attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes pretty much. Also the place where Saturos and Menardi got killed off, and where GS1 ended and GS2 started. It's the most logical Golden Sun stage imo, especially considering what they could do with it.

Oh ****, just heard a DK player being announced!

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Yeah, the two most logical stages would take place on the Venus or Mars Lighthouse Aerie. Add the Apollo Sanctum there too since it's Dark Dawn's final battle area.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isaac is the main character. In fact, it's all the Venus Psychic that's the main hero. Having the corresponding Lighthouse makes quite a lot of sense.

Likewise, it was the final stage in the combination of both games, making is super notable.

The only other place that really is beyond notable without a doubt would be Apollo Sanctum. I'd rather have the Lighthouse, since it's noted in all three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom