• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong said:
Point is, Chrome is gonna be the most recent lord. Roy was the most recent lord, and Ike was the most recent lord by the time they where added as playable characters. It's not really as much of a look into a crystal ball-kind of prediction in anyway. It's just adding points together.
Krom is going to need more then a new game to be a serious contender. And going by your logic, we should have the lord of FE14 instead since it is likely to be close to the SSB4's release date and be promotional material and there's no guarantee Krom will be a lord in FE14.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kumatora moveset coming up even though no one asked for it.

[COLLAPSE="Kumatora Moveset"]
B: PK Fire
Kumatora does a motion with her fists comparable to Mai Shiranui's Ryuuenbu. This can be done in the air where Kumatora can alter her trajectory. Hold down on usage to cancel her momentum. Press B on startup to use as a feint.

Side B: PK Freeze
Her projectile, but not exactly a projectile. This attack is essentially a far range, disjointed poking move.

Down B: PK Ground

Kumatora does a punch to the ground and causes a seismo wave to appear in front of her, acting as a grounded projectile. The projectile is quick moving, about the speed of Falco's laser, and travels accross the entire stage until it hits an edge. This move can be feinted on startup. When the attack lands, the opponent is knocked up, left open to a juggle combo. Recovery is not very nice when whiffed.

Up B: PK Thunder
A different take on PK Thunder than in the past. Kumatora snaps her fingers and a thundercloud is formed. Press up B again to activate the lightning strike. When the lightning hits Kumatora, she essentially has a controllable PK Thunder 2. To bypass the placement, hold B as Kumatora does the snapping.

Playstyle:
Kumatora is an unpredictable character with excellent jumps and many options to attack from all sorts of angles. Her PK Ground is vital in her playstyle so as to counter camping and/or to combo into her more damaging combos. PK Fire is to deal damage for tech chases, PK Ground followups, or to get a feel for the opponent. PK Freeze is her best poke when needing to play it safe. PK Thunder is a mine of a tool and a much improved PK Thunder from past games.

She has a fairly safe aerial game, but it's also low reward as well. Her big sources of damage come from her high risk, high reward ground game.

Sources of inspiration: C. Viper from Street Fighter IV with elements of Mai (animation for PK Fire), Yuri (PK Freeze), and Benimaru (PK Thunder) from King of Fighters.[/COLLAPSE]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well both Xenoblade and SS are in the top 10, I found that surprising.

That and FE4 finally beat FE3 in a poll. Ice Climbers placed rather high.
The poll only ran for a week. I would tack the results with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that Skyward Sword was the poorest selling 3D Zelda game in Japan, this despite the Wii being the best selling Nintendo console since the Super Famicom and Twilight Princess being a launch title yet selling better.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The poll only ran for a week. I would tack the results with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that Skyward Sword was the poorest selling 3D Zelda game in Japan, this despite the Wii being the best selling Nintendo console since the Super Famicom and Twilight Princess being a launch title yet selling better.
There are a few factors to consider though.

1. The economy.
2. The fact that a peripheral is required to play it.
3. The game comes out near the end of the Wii's life cycle.
4. Consider the audience on the Wii. The core players are truly a minority with this system.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh okay, I don't know spanish, sorry. :(

Anyway it's 1am here, later.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Enjoy not getting Waluigi not in though. :/ Why should I grow up, if your the 28 year old playing Mario Party? I'm not even trolling. Just legitimately think Impa is a much better choice overall compared to Sheik, might even come up with a ful summary and moveset up for this ****.

And yes, OOT Link being replaced by TP Link is a very good reasoning why Sheik also shouldn't make the rest roster. Or she could, if they consider doing DLC, real good alternate outfits (as a Dr.Mario one, Sheik could be a Impa one) or complete clones to feed up the roster. Don't think they'll do that though, and most likely will put priority in revamping the Zelda characters who are broken -in a bad way- above adding in (m)any newer Zelda characters. So that's why I say, throw out Sheik, but keep her style in through Impa. It's fresh, it's balanced, it's Impa.

And face it, Sheik won't get her own slot anyway. Impa easily could. A totally revamped Zelda is far more likely as you think, and I doubt they won't be looking into Zelda games for inspiration. Aka, an absence of Sheik will be noticed.

Priority is the thing here. And a better balance amongst the Zelda characters.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What will it take for things to settle? Are you all not aware that argument engagement is a mutual endeavor?

There's really no need to fuss about over opinions, certainly not over one's character. If it is really as bad as it seems, take a break.

Really, the game will continue as scheduled. Relax and enjoy the speculation.

D

Deleted member

Ugh.

Hopefully, the HyperFalcon vs. Diddy Kong argument will end. Seriously, this has been going on for hours and it's basically bickering between the both of you. You all need to calm down and perhaps try to ignore each other for a few days.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It seems most favor Little Mac over Mii, but there seems to be an even split between Lip and Shulk. I would like some more opinions regarding those.

D

Deleted member

Kongs Say the Darndest Things:

1. Impa should be a new character with Sheik's old moveset while Sheik gets the boot.
2. Pikachu should be tacked on to a Trainer from the Pokemon Adventures manga and have him start as a Pichu and evolve into Pikachu, and then Raichu.
3. Continuing from #2, there should be 5 Trainers and Mewtwo.
4. Chrome should replace Ike because Chrome is the new Lord and his game looks good.
5. 28 year olds that play Mario Party need to grow up.
6. "Your argument isn't bulletproof. I can shoot through it with a Peanut Popgun."
7. Mewtwo and Roy were replaced by Lucario and Ike.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only "Kong" that says stuff. There's also dedekong on Gamefaqs.

But I digress. Minds of a steel trap. Arguments get nowhere with a Kong.

(OK, I'm done now. On Topic: Anyone else have to comment on Mach Rider, had the rumored 3DS game have been true?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ugh.

Hopefully, the HyperFalcon vs. Diddy Kong argument will end. Seriously, this has been going on for hours and it's basically bickering between the both of you. You all need to calm down and perhaps try to ignore each other for a few days.
I simply just put him on ignore because he's literally making up stuff to prove his point. Which means his all... don't work. Likewise, he's even twisting my words. Thus, I'm just not going to deal with this level of trolling anyway.

Hence the ignore. Although I've given trolls that treatment before, heh.

@GY: I would've liked more Mach Rider stuff, really. He's a pretty neat character.(and let's be honest, I'd rather choose as a Falcon clone than Ganondorf. Not that I want him to be a clone, but yea.)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Chrono

Both Shulk and Lip have their own notabilities; however, in this case I'd prefer to see Lip. She is indeed a symbol/icon for the original Nintendo puzzle games (at least in Japan), and it would be nice to see her making an appearance as a playable character for once instead of being referenced. I personally believe Lip would get an enjoyable moveset if she was to make it in. She has had references to the countries outside of Japan, and just ignoring her because she was Japanese exclusive is not a good move considering that she was an original protagonist for quite a few games.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned her Pseudo-Projectile move was Zelda's P:M Dins fire.

It might not be the same formula, nonetheless it might be interesting to see more spacing oriented techniques in a Smash game.

What say you on Isaac about spacing?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned her Pseudo-Projectile was Zelda's P:M Dins fire.

It might not be the same formula, but it might be interesting to see more spacing oriented techniques in a Smash game.

What say you on Isaac about spacing?
It would go well with the keepaway game I had in mind.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Tell me about it man,

Something about earth Manipulation reminds me of the Hulk. Though his manipulation is sheer strength while Isaac's is telekinetic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tell me about it man,

Something about earth Manipulation reminds me of the Hulk. Though his manipulation is sheer strength while Isaac's is telekinetic.
Well, I was thinking of Isaac being unique in that he's a big time camper he'll use whatever he can, like his Move attack to push the opponent away and/or keep away from the opponent which would mean he has an excellent edge guarding game as well. So unlike other characters, he's not about racking up damage and going in for the kill. He's trying to go for the kill from the get go.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kongs Say the Darndest Things:

1. Impa should be a new character with Sheik's old moveset while Sheik gets the boot.
2. Pikachu should be tacked on to a Trainer from the Pokemon Adventures manga and have him start as a Pichu and evolve into Pikachu, and then Raichu.
3. Continuing from #2, there should be 5 Trainers and Mewtwo.
4. Chrome should replace Ike because Chrome is the new Lord and his game looks good.
5. 28 year olds that play Mario Party need to grow up.
6. "Your argument isn't bulletproof. I can shoot through it with a Peanut Popgun."
7. Mewtwo and Roy were replaced by Lucario and Ike.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only "Kong" that says stuff. There's also dedekong on Gamefaqs.

But I digress. Minds of a steel trap. Arguments get nowhere with a Kong.

(OK, I'm done now. On Topic: Anyone else have to comment on Mach Rider, had the rumored 3DS game have been true?)
Well first of all, I'm not that other guy neither do I go to GameFaqs.

Then to your points.

1. I agree with. Impa is an all round better overall representitive for the Zelda cast with an awesome oppertunity to finally balance Zelda herself out. And have a separate "Sheik". Besides, she could easily end up with her own moves. They would just resemble Sheiks, but with vast different B moves.
2. Not saying that this SHOULD happen, just a way to bring Pichu back and expanding the idea of Pokémon Trainer. Problem? Could easily work without a Trainer, and has a separate 'Pika-only' choice.
3.nah, not 5 trainers. Was just throwing out you know, IDEAS.
4. Chrome should not replace Ike, but definintely out prioritice both Ike and Roy as a playable character. But am more flexible with this if Roy's game gets a remake.
5. I ain't even mad
6. I can, here yet again.
7. Out-prioriticed then. Have it your way. Shoot some fire out of Ike's blade from me while your at it.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Goes well for un-tech-ies such as myself XD

I prefer ground game and utilizing the full potential of a moveset, but its not always easy to get moves in without getting knocked about yourself.

Hopefully I can fully appreciate my own fighting style with options such as these, granted that there is an emphasis on a solid fighting experience.

_

You should continue to discuss Kumatora.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The main thing I just want to see is that the game has more of a ground emphasis than in the past. I should be seeing all sorts of moves by different characters being used. Not just aerials and specials.

Kumatora, in my mind, wouldn't be a combo heavy fighter. Rather, she's about punishing mistakes and having the opponent making them. In this sense, she's a mindgame character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For ground-based moves I prefer Isaac but Kumatora could be cute. Though I would also rather have Duster or even Claus as a Mother 3 rep. Or Porky, outside of his mecha thing.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Since we're doing B-Moves, I'll repost this:

Dixie's B-moves~

VB Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

>B Wild moves: Dixie jets forward, propelled by her barrel she rides in DK Barrel Blast. The attack is similar in some respects to Falco/Fox ^B, but slightly weaker, and faster acting.

^B Barrel Blast: A barrel appears and launches Dixie upwards. While being launched she can do major damage to the opponent, but on her fall back down, she is vunerable

B Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

My goal with this was to try an be as canon as possible with her moveset. I did pull from Barrel Blast though..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just thought of something clever for my roster. The roster will now have 53 characters though, breaking the pattern of having a multiple of 13 for the previous two installments. However, on the bright side, my roster will at least have 12 true newcomers.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Since we're doing B-Moves, I'll repost this:

Dixie's B-moves~

VB Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

>B Wild moves: Dixie jets forward, propelled by her barrel she rides in DK Barrel Blast. The attack is similar in some respects to Falco/Fox ^B, but slightly weaker, and faster acting.

^B Barrel Blast: A barrel appears and launches Dixie upwards. While being launched she can do major damage to the opponent, but on her fall back down, she is vunerable

B Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

My goal with this was to try an be as canon as possible with her moveset. I did pull from Barrel Blast though..
I'd say you used way too much Barrel Blast. I dont think any DK characters should be forced to suffer through a Barrel Blast inspired moveset. Up B would almost certainly be her hair copter. Maybe she could use Squitter or Rattly for something?

The problem with Dixie vs Diddy is she wasn't in DK64, which is where Diddy got 2 of his moves as well as his final Smash.

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: There are 14 added additions in Melee. So 53 is plausible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I was thinking that having her hair copter be an upB would be weird because it seems like it would have much less lift off, but I suppose I could change that to her up B, and her down B could be somethin involving her hair? Possibly acting as a whip, or a longer ranged grab than her normals? SOMETHING.

Couldn't she just use Tiny Kong's moves?
SHE COULD, but I didn't want to resort to that. Like Shrinking, Feather darts, and cameras.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well I was thinking that having her hair copter be an upB would be weird because it seems like it would have much less lift off, but I suppose I could change that to her up B, and her down B could be somethin involving her hair? Possibly acting as a whip, or a longer ranged grab than her normals? SOMETHING.

SHE COULD, but I didn't want to resort to that. Like Shrinking, Feather darts, and cameras.
Oh! I think her side B or something should be a long ranged hair grab. That would be cool. She could always use Kiddy Kong for a move. Maybe like whip him out and throw him around like just an enormous projectile. Kind of like Wario's bike except she cant ride it. Maybe he could smack the ground, knocking people around him in the air.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, so, which moves that I came up with should be kept?

I take it we want to scrap the two barrel based moves. What about her barrel throw?

But I like the idea of using Hair grab, and possibly even using Kiddy.

So, ^B Hair-copter
>B Hair Grab
VB: ???
B ???

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gross.

Tail Spin is either a float jump variation, a glide variation, or a side B.

Hair grab is her grab, no need to be redundant.

Up B is throwing Kiddy. Works as a tether, he can also land on stage and you will go to him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My problem with using Kiddy and Tiny is that I wanted to make DIXIE stand on her own, and still be interesting.

Maybe that's why she was scrapped post her "break up" with Diddy? I could make a moveset based strictly on things SHE DOES, but it would be very... hairy. Which I am cool with. I still think throwing Barrels would be a cool move for her to have. nottomentionsakuraimentionsthatspecificactioninhertrophy

Plus Kiddy is ********. I would never want him to be her full fledge partner. Ew.

As for the guitar, I think it's a very, meh idea. Could work, but doesn't relly scream DIXIE!!! Screams Diddy if you ask me. Him and his silly nanas.

The comprehensive list is "Page not found" that could have been something cool to look at.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
My problem with using Kiddy and Tiny is that I wanted to make DIXIE stand on her own, and still be interesting.

Maybe that's why she was scrapped post her "break up" with Diddy? I could make a moveset based strictly on things SHE DOES, but it would be very... hairy. Which I am cool with. I still think throwing Barrels would be a cool move for her to have. nottomentionsakuraimentionsthatspecificactioninhertrophy

Plus Kiddy is ********. I would never want him to be her full fledge partner. Ew.

As for the guitar, I think it's a very, meh idea. Could work, but doesn't relly scream DIXIE!!! Screams Diddy if you ask me. Him and his silly nanas.

The comprehensive list is "Page not found" that could have been something cool to look at.
That's the problem with having Dixie as a character. You really REALLY have to grasp at straws just to make a moveset with her. Sakurai himself said that Dixie was originally paired with Diddy and I really think she doesn't deserve to be in Smash off of Diddy's shoulders. I don't think she will get in on her own merit. Also Sakurai included Barrel Blast information in the trophy because it was the most recent DK game to come out before Brawl. That's why all of those new horrible Kremlings made it as trophies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Hah! Good thing there wasn't any Barrel Blast content.

Man, everything DK in that game is surface level. They couldn't even establish a decent OGDK stage

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's the problem with having Dixie as a character. You really REALLY have to grasp at straws just to make a moveset with her. Sakurai himself said that Dixie was originally paired with Diddy and I really think she doesn't deserve to be in Smash off of Diddy's shoulders. I don't think she will get in on her own merit. Also Sakurai included Barrel Blast information in the trophy because it was the most recent DK game to come out before Brawl. That's why all of those new horrible Kremlings made it as trophies.
I think Dixie as a heroine definitely merits her a spot as a playable character. It's the moveset (B Moves specifically) that lack.... the dynamic nature Smash has. Which is where I think she runs into problems in terms of being playable. Like Sakurai said, characters need to DO SOMETHING, which she does... but not too much.

After looking at those movesets, I really do think

^ Hair-Copter
> Hair grab
V Crate/Barrel toss
B ???

B could be a projectile, like the bubble gum she chews? Spits bubbles that float across the stage slowly. Longer you hold B the bigger the bubble? And hold it too long and it explodes in her face (Like Diddy's jetpack)

I think this moveset could be one of the ways you can go NON Diddy team up, or steal Tiny and Kiddy moves and give them to Dixie.

Also, I think Barrel Blast had a lot of content because Barrel Blast would have a lot of uhm, models they could make easy trophies out of.. -.- As sad as that sounds.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I wonder why this hasn't been implemented anywhere

I suppose the concept simply died off

Its what comes to mind whenever barrels in movesets are discussed.

Shortie said:
B could be a projectile, like the bubble gum she chews? Spits bubbles that float across the stage slowly. Longer you hold B the bigger the bubble? And hold it too long and it explodes in her face
It would be a strange move most definitely.

Unfortunately the only thing that I could compare it to for reference is Wario's down B. Ehh.

It would be particularly close range, the bubble would pop in the direction that she's facing of course. I haven't thought it to be a spit technique (Like Din's Fire?) but different sizes could be implemented. (Starting to sound like Diddy already)

"The how" the way I'm thinking, might be a bit tedious if it's similar to Wario, especially if it is forward facing (unlike Wario). Perhaps the damage dealt would be based on splash damage, all pending on the size of the bubble.

If it is a spit technique, the two concepts could be combined. You could really get a feel for the exhale (the blowing of the bubble) in this move. Perhaps once the B button is double tapped instead of pressed/held, it would explode rather than expand. (I can hear the DK64 balloon popping sound as I dwell on it)

Similar to Din's Fire or PK Freeze, the bubble itself can be controlled to seek out a target. Many things to consider about that style. I imagine an analogous movement (like the waves on a Sine graph) making the move a bit more balanced as you have to consider the bubble's weight.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In Smash anyways, a move like that looks like it would leave you open for an easy attack, and it would be hard to hit someone with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom