• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Why are all these marth mains such trolls?

Mario&SonicHybrid, we talkin Pro or budget version?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Talking about tripping, how would Mewtwo have tripped if he was in Brawl when his animation was him floating slightly??

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
lol, he couldn't even do the research correctly. MK was 20%, not 11%. If he can't get that simple thing correctly, then the rest of the video is almost impossible to take seriously. In fact, that video really did nothing of interest. Try again. Now, do you agree with the LGL? I'm waiting for a real response. I could easily harp on you about your poor grammar, but that's not the problem here. You're citing a video with clearly incorrect data. MK actually takes the winnings more than double anyone else's, is a Tier by himself(which didn't take that long to get), and is used 20% of the time, which is what is overcentralizing. So yes, he does decrease diversity. Are you going to actually go against my points, or cite bad videos?

Talking about tripping, how would Mewtwo have tripped if he was in Brawl when his animation was him floating slightly??
I'd say he'd faceplant above the ground.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol, he couldn't even do the research correctly. MK was 20%, not 11%. If he can't get that simple thing correctly, then the rest of the video is almost impossible to take seriously. In fact, that video really did nothing of interest. Try again. Now, do you agree with the LGL?
you use falcon in brawl, nothing you do is serious.

LGL is a trash rule, we dont use it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
how would Mewtwo have tripped if he was in Brawl when his animation was him floating slightly??
Probably like this

Mewtwo's too cool for that.

If you mean the original, then in a way, both versions.
any notable differences between the two?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To be fair, HyperFalcon doesn't even go to tournaments.

So...

Oh. Wait.

I don't know why we're talking about MK getting banned. Majority rules; deal with it.

Smooth Criminal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You forget the best part: Diddy is officially the best character in tournaments now. :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
And the URC does. Now, why don't you use it? Explain to me why you don't. Being "trash" isn't good enough.
anti-planking exists :)
To be fair, HyperFalcon doesn't even go to tournaments.

So...

Oh. Wait.

I don't know why we're talking about MK getting banned. Majority rules; deal with it.

Smooth Criminal
so.... mk shouldnt be banned. i totally agree, the urc is just selfish and smashers are idiots.
You forget the best part: Diddy is officially the best character in tournaments now. :)
snake.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is rather odd that Meta Knight is the very first Smash Bros. character to be banned from competitions. And the irony is, he doesn't even have a projectile attack.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
i want ssb4 to have Falcon, Mewtwo and Marth in the A tier and Fox in the top of S tier but having 4 even match ups.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's probably why he was cut from Brawl.

@HF
Akuma was only banned in Super Turbo. Every other appearance he's had has not ended in him being banned. Very good, more than likely yes, but not bannable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
anti-planking exists :)
MK's planking is completely safe. That won't matter against him when it's barely feasible.

so.... mk shouldnt be banned. i totally agree, the urc is just selfish and smashers are idiots.
No, he got what he deserved. Wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't get severely exploited, proving him banworthy in his own right. And yes, majority rules, since the game is for the community, not only the best players, who weren't the best either at first. So once again, your idiot talk just means everyone, since clearly everyone was an idiot at a time with how you're using it.

It is rather odd that Meta Knight is the very first Smash Bros. character to be banned from competitions. And the irony is, he doesn't even have a projectile attack.
Actually, Master Hand got banned in Melee first. Due to glitches most likely.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
MK's planking is completely safe. That won't matter against him when it's barely feasible.

No, he got what he deserved. Wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't get severely exploited, proving him banworthy in his own right. And yes, majority rules, since the game is for the community, not only the best players, who weren't the best either at first. So once again, your idiot talk just means everyone, since clearly everyone was an idiot at a time with how you're using it.
it has the same timing every single time, far more than feasable, its the metaslayer.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
The reason why MK is banned is because his attacks have extremely high priority, high speed, and some have good power (nair, dair, smash, smash and up special)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it has the same timing every single time, far more than feasable, its the metaslayer.
No, it really isn't. He only slightly wins less due to it. The match-ups still show him clearly at the top. If it was a REAL counter, then MK would be in the A Tier with the rest.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmm? If you're asking me, I advocate that adult Isaac gets his due representation. As the godfather of golden sun, he needs to stay relevant.

Except there is a conflict here due to emphasis on portrayal. If you were to ask most people about golden sun, they would think to the youthful Sora hairdo'd type kid in like, gap / hot topic attire. Not so much Isaac beard. So yes they need to place emphasis on the 'kid' design.

You're gonna see that costume when you have Isaac on blue team, mos def but that's about it for him.

Personally, I think it would be cool to have both the father and son. One repping it's place of origin (handheld) and the other repping the overall series on the Console.
Fair enough. BUT DON'T YOU LIE TO ME. I know what you personally want. Isaac and ALEX, isn't it.

Squirtle has NOTHING on him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That and computers suck anyway. They're too predictable, and don't indicate human thought in any way or possible form.
Meta Knight is not my main, so that's pretty much why I'm rather baffled with why he is banned now.

Anyway, if Meta Knight is such a threat, then giving him a decent nerf should be considered.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
At BEST, Alex has would have a spot as a side boss or an AT. Otherwise you'll be reading his bio on the Trophy select.

Totodile rules them both btw.

Anyway, if Meta Knight is such a threat, then giving him a decent nerf should be considered.
You can't nado and you can only use ONE U-air.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Meta Knight is not my main, so that's pretty much why I'm rather baffled with why he is banned now.

Well, basically, you could just search the Meta Knight Banned topic for many reasons. Overcentralization, No bad or truly even match-ups, generally broken on his own merits, safe planking(basically, even if you screw up, the chances of you getting punished is slim, thus, making it rather safe on its own), invincibility frames during planking, hence making it hard if not impossible to realistically punish, makes the most money(almost 50%), wins the most tournaments in general, and most people wanted him banned, including MK Mains and Users. Not on Akuma level, but it's not like the URC didn't take all of this into consideration.

If we could make Hacks the standard, we would do it ourselves. Unfortunately, it's already illegal, and trying to make them the standard would draw attention, and give Nintendo a chance to shut down the tournaments. Considering the hate hacks in general, soooo...

As for a nerf for SSB4, god yes. Remove all of his invincibility frames, for starters, lower his speed, maybe his jumps, and definitely his speed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If we could make Hacks the standard, we would do it ourselves. Unfortunately, it's already illegal, and trying to make them the standard would draw attention, and give Nintendo a chance to shut down the tournaments. Considering the hate hacks in general, soooo...

As for a nerf for SSB4, god yes. Remove all of his invincibility frames, for starters, lower his speed, maybe his jumps, and definitely his speed.
Well I was referring to Smash 4 when I made that nerf statement. I probably should've said...

If Meta Knight is such a threat, then giving him a decent nerf for Smash 4 should be considered.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I was referring to Smash 4 when I made that nerf statement. I probably should've said...

If Meta Knight is such a threat, then giving him a decent nerf for Smash 4 should be considered.
Hence why I replied to both. And well, yeah, I was saying that we would do it ourselves, but we have to wait for SSB4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hence why I replied to both. And well, yeah, I was saying that we would do it ourselves, but we have to wait for SSB4.
Well again I've never really been in a competitive tourney, so I've never really seen Meta Knight be used in a competitive manner.

Regarding the nerf that he should get, while Meta Knight does need a nerf, it shouldn't be so extreme that he's at the bottom of the barrel (like what Ganondorf ended up with). If anything, his tier average should probably be "B".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Was MetaKnight even as quick as he is in Brawl in the Kirby games? They where always easy to beat as far as I can remember...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well again I've never really been in a competitive tourney, so I've never really seen Meta Knight be used in a competitive manner.

Regarding the nerf that he should get, while Meta Knight does need a nerf, it shouldn't be so extreme that he's at the bottom of the barrel (like what Ganondorf ended up with). If anything, his tier average should probably be "B".
So like how they nerfed Pikachu in Melee and kept him nearly the same in Brawl. Agreed completely. And I've been to them, mind you, never won, but eh. Not Brawl ones, but I do completely read about the stuff.

Was MetaKnight even as quick as he is in Brawl in the Kirby games? They where always easy to beat as far as I can remember...
I think he's faster in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good, then they should make him as slow as that. Doesn't make sence he's quicker than other characters in Smash, while most aren't even fighting with their full potential (say Samus, Ganon, Mewtwo, Ness)... Balance is everything.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Judging from the Kirby Wii game, he's much faster in Brawl, both movement-wise and attack speed-wise.

:phone:
That's good for future reference as it's an easy excuse for a nerf.

But in the Kirby games before Brawl, MK was just as, if not faster than Wheel Kirby.

We should probably get back on topic...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Well, that's not how it works when you nerf someone. In fact, you shouldn't even look at placing them in some tier as the definitions vary from game to game.

The main thing should be that Meta Knight must be a solid character with his share of strengths and weaknesses. Marth is actually a very good example of this in his design. He has a great spacing game, good speed, and a solid moveset all around, but he lacks a projectile and, is lacking in horizonal recovery.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, he was able to kick a car in the anime, and he defeated the ultimate warrior in the galaxy, Galaxia. Therefore, yes. But then there's Kirby, who also beat Galaxia. Well, he didn't kick a car :troll:

I still support Custom Character Creation, and I made a new moveset on one of my fan made characters, Bryan Retetre (ree-tee-trei). I'll post it soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see how figuring out how to nerf MK for SSB4 is off-topic. Or discussing him in general to change him...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Discussing how to adjust Meta Knight would be treated as an on-topic subject, since a lot of us expect him to get nerfed for Smash 4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What was that exactly?
Beats me, all I know is that this MK stuff should go in the MK ban topic in Competitive Brawl Discussion room.

It's amazing how quickly we can get off topic.

EDIT: Nerfs for SSB4? Okay, I guess that can work as a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom