• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Don't want to play quote Jenga with you so I'm only going to reply to a few things that i feel are relevant.
... Okay wait a minute....

First off, only a few of the things I want are the same as Kuma's. Second, this was just for fun. Third, most of the descriptions are basically RECYCLED from the old smash bros. games. Thus, there is nothing to complain about.
Fun is an excuse to ignore anything I said. basically, trying to use a get out of jail free card.

What now? Isn't Smash a fighting game? YES. It is simple. It can also be complicated (Especially melee). I obviously understand what Smash is. How offensive.
Yoou don't understand it. Just because you know it's genre doesn't mean you get it. Just because I play a lot of Super Mario Bros doesn't mean I get Sonic the Hedgehog, even though I know it's a platformer.

That's the problem. This was focused towards the competitive scene. Not the casual scene. If you don't like it, don't whine about it right? If you knew this was coming, it was best for you to not post. Am I right?
Again, there is your problem. Smash isn't a competitive game and never will be. And that's good because it means the game is still big and there is plenty of room to do this. The reason I make a big deal out of it because game don't be come popular and successful for being good competitive games. Most games that do become an e-sport game do it as a result of the game being fun. The focus was never on "Competitive," but on making a good game. So how are your ideas fun?

THEN AGAIN... THERE IS NOTHING CAPCOM LIKE IN ANY OF MY SUGGESTIONS.
LOOK, I CAN USE SIZE 7 FONT TOO!!!!!!!

BTW, what about the number pad thing?

I think we can say team berserker X Kuma is now official.
It's so you don't have to argue my points.

I wanna see your revamps afterwards. I also like how it's not until I "translated" the trophy like descriptions into fighting game terms that Chu throws a fit. I swear, Chu must have like PTSD from being ***** by the CPU Dhalsim at the SFII machines.
Yeah, THAT'S the reason I respond to you. Not the fact that you keep trying to turn Smash Brothers into something it's not. Oh, no. It couldn't be that thing I said a thousand times.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Last night the subject of returning stages came up. I did not get a chance to post it as I went to bed, but here is the list of stages I see coming back in the next game.

Mushroomy Kingdom
75m
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Yoshi's Island
The Halberd
Space Armada
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town: Aero Dive
Castle Siege
WarioWare
Distant Planet
Smashville
The Summit
Skyworld
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Berserker
Zamus' Arrow Kick reminds me of Shine Spark.

You gotta be kidding me... I know what happens if the thread is like this... with Chu

He doesn't post which means his post is long as ****. What's wrong this time?

D

Deleted member

To get on topic and off this argument, I'm personally hoping for at least 15 returning stages.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To get on topic and off this argument, I'm personally hoping for at least 15 returning stages.
Well if I remove Pictochat and Distant Planet from my list that would bring down the total to fifteen. I suggest those because I could see those stages not returning.

Don't want to play quote Jenga with you so I'm only going to reply to a few things that i feel are relevant.
Sure
Fun is an excuse to ignore anything I said. basically, trying to use a get out of jail free card.
Dude. It's not an excuse. Seriously. It's for fun. You really think I'm betting my *** that this will happen?

I like how you put words into my mouth.
Again, there is your problem. Smash isn't a competitive game and never will be. And that's good because it means the game is still big and there is plenty of room to do this. The reason I make a big deal out of it because game don't be come popular and successful for being good competitive games. Most games that do become an e-sport game do it as a result of the game being fun. The focus was never on "Competitive," but on making a good game. So how are your ideas fun?
Didn't I say it myself. It's focused towards the competitive side. Must I repeat myself twice. If you have a problem with it then don't bother replying. I understand where you're going anyway
LOOK, I CAN USE SIZE 7 FONT TOO!!!!!!!

BTW, what about the number pad thing?
FOR THE LAST TIME, It's the same thing. It's just the same as using the f-tilt except it's way easier to use. You do realize there are users who use the number pad. You're probably the only one who rages over one guy using it. I don't know why. Chill
It's so you don't have to argue my points.
I don't like how you're thinking of me right now. Seriously. It's a WISH. No need to make a big deal out of it. Your points in general are nothing to me and it's useless to do this.

I'm not looking for any sort argument actually. I'm just telling you to cool the **** down. I get what your saying now. This is just part of my wish list. Unless you still think my suggestions are directly ripped from Capcom, I pretty much posted all my suggestions and pointed out each move and how they do or do not resemble to any capcom element.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No need to respond to the last post beserker because all the relevance is gone.

When I made the post, it was done as a larger whole. But I don't think you ever saw the point, just how you were going to defend your self from allegations.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
N doesn't post as much because he feels that most of it is the same thing over and over again.

He shares the same hatred of the cycle like I do, just stronger, so he stays away more.

No need to respond to the last post beserker because all the relevance is gone.

When I made the post, it was done as a larger whole. But I don't think you ever saw the point, just how you were going to defend your self from allegations.
:c

But I'm being serious man. It's a wish and I pretty much said it, it's unlikely. Can you quit thinking of me as such?

Yeah. Chu is already trying to act like he knows me already or something -_-

Chu, I'm being serious. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not the type of person who'd do that. I'd rather submit (Which I actually did) but then again, there's no need for arguments for just wishes.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I had an idea from a few pages back that I wanted to share with everyone:

Anyways, the idea I had was that if two players were in a tie during a VS match (and after the match, they then preceeded to fight in a Sudden Death match) and after one of the players wins, during the results screen you could show the runner-up an act of sportsmanship or friendship (such as high-fiving them, bowing to them, shaking hands with them or giving them a present) for giving the winning player such a good match.

It sounds kinda silly but I think it could be kinda cool. What do y'all think?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
N doesn't post as much because he feels that most of it is the same thing over and over again.

He shares the same hatred of the cycle like I do, just stronger, so he stays away more.
I hear you man. I only post here for the novelty of it now, but for the most part this place has devolved into bitter bugs snapping at each other over petty things. In fact I was thinking the recent announcement of Xenoblade would spark some fresh conversation. Right now that has not been the case instead it seems like we are STILL on the same tired things.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, it would be optional, berserker, because I envision it being more of a casual thing for random matches online, and I guess competitive players want to matches and transition to be as smooth and sppedy as possible, thus no "acts of friendships" to be shown (still don't know what to name my idea)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I had an idea from a few pages back that I wanted to share with everyone:
I'm ok with it. I don't really care for it, but I'm not totally against it either. The sportsmanship thing seems kind of odd, but I guess it could work.

A'ight, just to make sure.... I didn't snap at anyone. I didn't know that there were people who actually try to deny things and put words in someone's mouth. My bad if I made myself look weird today.

Anyway, I like the idea. I can imagine Mario doing the whole sportsmanship thing to Sonic. I wonder how Bowser does it.... Or Ridley

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Perhaps as an alternative, on the result screen, you see the winning character wiping the sweat off their brow or something, to show that it was a close match.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm ok with it. I don't really care for it, but I'm not totally against it either. The sportsmanship thing seems kind of odd, but I guess it could work.
The sportsmanship part is more for the online scene, it's basically a more innovative way of saying "Good Game" after a match

Or most importantly... Ridley

Dancing works. Avoid the chest bump though. People might make weird (The perverted definition) machinimas out of it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The sportsmanship part is more for the online scene, it's basically a more innovative way of saying "Good Game" after a match
I know, but it just seems kind of cheesey and, to a certain extent, forced. I like the idea more of Link raising his sword in his victory and then droppping to the ground with his sword as support, panting.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. Chu is already trying to act like he knows me already or something -_-

Chu, I'm being serious. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not the type of person who'd do that. I'd rather submit (Which I actually did) but then again, there's no need for arguments for just wishes.
Sorry if I'm acting like a bully. I'll try and leave you alone and do your own thing.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
By the way, Sakurai just posted something that hints at Sonic returning in the next game. Oh, and Ness too.

http://twitpic.com/7mvy2a
http://twitpic.com/7mdqic

Fun fact, was just reading Sakurai's Twitter and apparently he sent Crush 40, Jun Senoue and his music team, a letter congratulating them for their musical anniversary and for being included on Itunes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't think anything of the Sonic picture. The Ness one is definitely random so you can't help but wonder what the picture means, if anything.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, but dropping to the ground like that indicates he's pretty tired. Him sheathing his sword (unless that's one of his victories) wouldn't convey that message.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't think anything of the Sonic picture. The Ness one is definitely random so you can't help but wonder what the picture means, if anything.
No, but it is on Sakurai's Twitter. Everything he posts is some sort of cryptic hint towards Smash Bros!!! That is the joke...

I will not lie, the Ness figurine was the only truly strange thing I saw. At least it lets me know that he still has the Earthbound in his mind. So I am not worried about the series getting the shaft next game.

If that's the case then the COD photo must mean something as well

Call of Smash : Modern Smashfare

NAH just kidding........ Maybe :troll:

Anyone there?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nope. my little jokes sent them all away. :(

Oh, it also looks like Sakurai has Fortune Street. That seems to be all for now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't even consider the Street Fighter hitboxes thing Sakurai tweeted related to Smash, though I suppose it's possible that it is

reserk

Smash Cadet
Last night the subject of returning stages came up. I did not get a chance to post it as I went to bed, but here is the list of stages I see coming back in the next game.

Mushroomy Kingdom
75m
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Yoshi's Island
The Halberd
Space Armada
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town: Aero Dive
Castle Siege
WarioWare
Distant Planet
Smashville
The Summit
Skyworld
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
i think every character deserves their own home stage, something i hope happens in the new smash bros like hyrule castle from smash 64 for zelda/shiek, or fourside for ness, or dreamland for kirby. hope it happens.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, with the release of Mario Kart 7 and Fortune Street, we have not gotten anything that could influence speculation in regards to Smash 4. The 17 character roster for Mario Kart 7 did turn out to be the final one. For Fortune Street, the game has been out for several days in Japan, and no new characters have been mentioned or revealed. Both Waluigi and Bowser Jr. were absent from Mario Kart 7, while Toad was a starter.

On a sidenote, I finally finished Kirby's Return to Greatness. It was a really great game. Easily among the best of the Kirby franchise. It was definitely worth the wait since 2005. I don't think Sakurai bought this game, but he probably should to show him that his baby has been left in good hands. Waddle Dee is easily the only choice there is for a fourth Kirby spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom