• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of my suggestion about Link's Down B being weapon switch.

Should it be like that or his weapons should be inserted in his specials and normals?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Maybe because she is a Pegasus Knight, and only fights on the back of one.
Well then they will argue that she can technically be dismounted in FE3, however, they also forget that when she is dismounted she can only use swords.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
EBAY comment? What?

I have only said that I think Lip would be an interesting character if placed in. I think that in terms of Japan-only retro characters, Takamaru will likely get in over her (if any Japan only retro is to get in at all). I also have a soft spot for Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon because it has one of my favorite soundtracks in any video game. I am not a Lip supporter though.
They're talking about the time you mentioned some of the comments on Planet Puzzle League from Amazon. They mentioned there wasn't enough cute.

Well then they will argue that she can technically be dismounted in FE3, however, they also forget that when she is dismounted she can only use swords.
So, can all mounted characters be dismounted or just her?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
They're talking about the time you mentioned some of the comments on Planet Puzzle League from Amazon. They mentioned there wasn't enough cute.

So, can all mounted characters be dismounted or just her?
It was on the Japanese Amazon site. However, I was curious about what the Japanese fanbase thought of the the more recent installments for Panel de Pon. Their overall criticism seemed to be that the game was "faceless".

As to whether all mounted characters in FE3 can be dismounted, yes they all can.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe because she is a Pegasus Knight, and only fights on the back of one.
But didn't Chronobound mention that she CAN leave the kitchen and fight with the boys? Berserker already mentioned the idea that she can just switch between weapons.

@Kuma: I think she'd be more.... interesting if she had her horse in her moveset.

@Metal: Can't tell if it's true or not but it's been blogged by Paul Gale. The link I put isn't a confirm whether this fighting game is actually like the sony smash bros PG described

@Kuma: Well.... UM... Okay.

@Disfunctional: That thread? I want to hear the opinions of you guys. I know it's off topic but it's nothing compared to.... DERP :awesome:. I prefer lurking in the light house

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I agree with the Jonas guy near the bottom of the page

i like it. its sounds like a smash hit!! :pow:
I asked you this before way back when, but how old are you? Just curious

Looking at what happened with the games that tried to copy smash bros, this game might end up.... mediocre. Who knows... Might as well wait
It reminds me of that Cartoon Network fighting game from a while back

Looking at what happened with the games that tried to copy smash bros, this game might end up.... mediocre. Who knows... Might as well wait

CN:pTE was beyond mediocre..... There was also another smash bros. clone game which was TMNT Smash up. That game wasn't even that good

*Inhale* *Exhale*

Must..... Resist..... Urge.... to correct.... grammar.... and.... spelling..... URRRHHHGG

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
ANYWAY...

Like I said earlier, Wii U might have EA's Origin or Steam as its online service. How does everyone feel about that, and how could that relate to Smash 4?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On a sidenote, I am liking how some of the content from the Kirby GCN 2005 trailer is still in the final game (Return to Dream Land), namely the music that played during that trailer and the King Dedede robot.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- I'm not sure about Steam (all I know is that its on PC and that you can download PC/retail games from it), but Origin is basically a third-party online service for EA Games (you can purchase and download PC games from it, too). It is also a competitor of Steam

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

CN:pTE was beyond mediocre..... There was also another smash bros. clone game which was TMNT Smash up. That game wasn't even that good
Notice though what these Smash-knockoffs tend to be. They're typically licensed games. And we all know about The Problem with Licensed Games. Not only that, but I'm gonna make a stretch and assume that the developers know next to nothing on fighting games.

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: Not to sound misinform and I don't think Caeda has much of a chance, but remember that Smash is not canon and move set can be taken from other characters. The same can be applied with Caeda if she was ever playable.

Although I will also say I'd like to see Leaf in (although his chances are practically zilch).

Oh and what Nintendo tries with online will be an improvement.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If you're concerned about online, join operatio: connect!

D

Deleted member

I find it sad that people are making alliances to cut characters.

Seriously, Brawl vets have a bigger fan base and supporters then most potential newcomers/returnee today.

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You are forgetting the part where she canonically uses only a sword when she is dismounted from her pegasus. As I said earlier, she is simply another character that people gravitated toward due to lack of worthy female characters.

It will be interesting to see how big the fanbases to Palutena and Medusa become. I still find it strange that Nintendo still has not given even a Japanese release date for Uprising yet.
Maybe, but I myself support her for other reasons. As for her pegasus problem I think it can be worked around, it's not too unreasonable, and besides Sakurai doesn't always fellow in-game canon.

But I do agree, as the main KI fanboy here it will be interesting to see what will happen to those fanbases. As for a release date, I'm suspecting sometime in late January with an early/mid Feburary release for the U.S.

EDIT: @SSBF: I think Gamefaqs just hit a new low. :facepalm:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really, I think Lucario who is probably the only Brawl character that there are people okay with in regards to being cut. I personally rather just see Pokemon get six slots (all of the Pokemon characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Victini). However, if Pokemon gets only five slots I can see Lucario getting the axe.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Dumbest alliance I've seen. None of the points are even that great either. Don't get me wrong; If they are indeed pressed for slots, Lucario may not stay. But we don't even know if there's a slot allowment in SSB4, so that's not an issue either.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I severely disagree with the flavor of the month argument, especially the way they call it "flavor of the month." I just see too many flaws with it.

But I do agree that the best solution is 6 slots. Either that or IMO the Pokeball rep solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom