• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I can imagine Wolf Link leaping towards the enemy and biting them

I can picture Midna using her hair to grab

-----------------------

Anyone thinking that Luigi should have a "Cowardly aggressive playstyle"?
Old but hell yes to cowardly luigi!

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?
Most likely costume designing.

O RLY? Please, tell me more. (Not really T_T)
Well you see *insert words*

Can we just talk about changes to the roster to make them cooler? We had a little of that earlier. Better than the same damn topic on Victini and co.
Sounds good!

Yep lets go with Kuma's topic. Anything to bring up the Spoon again. :awesome:
Da spoon?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think he meant when Shortie rated rosters, but I could be wrong. In which case, is the leader board for rosters still around?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Iblis
I was referring to changes in their moves. Brawl was lame.

Here's some ideas for Fox, as inspired by his Marvel counterpart, Rocket Raccoon.

B: Laser's the same on the ground, but in the air, he'll shoot in a the 3 direction.
Side B: Same save for that he can jump out it during the active frames or once he attacks for feints and mixups.
Down B: Same
Up B: Quicker startup.
DSmash: Leaves a mine on the ground. Can be shot at with lasers to trigger the explosion.

Wanted to change as little as possible to retain his signature versatile playstyle, just made him quicker and gave him a solid zoning option.

Falco:
B: Same
Side B: Same as the new one for Fox.
Up B: Now a somersault. High vertical recovery, but very unsafe and leaves him in a helpless state. If he connects, though, he can jump cancel out of it assuming he hasn't used all his jumps.
Down B: Uses the reflector where he does a Spinning Bird Kick with the reflectors on his boots. In the air, the attack resembles Viewtiful Joe's horizontal version of the SBK. Is jump cancelable on hit. Also, the aerial version makes for a nice jump-in move.

Now has THREE jumps. Falco is made to be essentially playing as an Arwing. Fox is meant to be more of a traditional fighter with an emphasis on resets and ground mobility while Falco is more zoning and aerial oriented.

Wolf:
Now has more of a feral-like fighting style to fit his stance in Brawl. I'll have something later, but I'm stumped on his Specials. Will likely be Jill-inspired though.

Peach:
B: Now uses Perry/Some other parasol to grab the opponent in a command grab. Either way, once she grabs them, she'll stomp on them for a little bit and then swing them off.

Link:
B: Startup is much faster, can now aim in the 9, 6, and 3 directions.
Side B: Restored to its Melee counterpart.
Up B: Improved vertical recovery.

Toon Link:
B: Deku Leaf - Pushes back the opponent with wind. In the air, can be used as a parachute or to even extend combos.
Side B: Side Swing with Megaton Hammer, downward when in the air.
Up B: Hurricane Spin - On the ground, covers a lot of horizontal ground and great knockback and the end. Be careful when using this move as you're dizzy when it ends. In the air, Toon Link goes upward in a tornado like motion. Is left helpless afterwards.
Down B: Wind Waker -During startup, Toon Link can command the winds to go in a 4, 6, 8, or 2 direction. This will affect the trajectory of your opponent on knockback and can be used to bring in the opponent or push him out.

yani_

Smash Ace
@Kuma I like a lot of the stuff you suggested.

For Toon Link, what if his up B was the deku leaf instead? and than that can give him something else for a regular B move

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis
I was referring to changes in their moves. Brawl was lame.

Here's some ideas for Fox, as inspired by his Marvel counterpart, Rocket Raccoon.

B: Laser's the same on the ground, but in the air, he'll shoot in a the 3 direction.
Side B: Same save for that he can jump out it during the active frames or once he attacks for feints and mixups.
Up B: Quicker startup.
DSmash: Leaves a mine on the ground. Can be shot at with lasers to trigger the explosion.

Wanted to change as little as possible to retain his signature versatile playstyle, just made him quicker and gave him a solid zoning option.

Falco:
B: Same
Side B: Same as the new one for Fox.
Up B: Now a somersault. High vertical recovery, but very unsafe and leaves him in a helpless state. If he connects, though, he can jump cancel out of it assuming he hasn't used all his jumps.
Down B: Uses the reflector where he does a Spinning Bird Kick with the reflectors on his boots. In the air, the attack resembles Viewtiful Joe's horizontal version of the SBK. Is jump cancelable on hit. Also, the aerial version makes for a nice jump-in move.

Now has THREE jumps. Falco is made to be essentially playing as an Arwing. Fox is meant to be more of a traditional fighter with an emphasis on resets and ground mobility while Falco is more zoning and aerial oriented.

Wolf:
Now has more of a feral-like fighting style to fit his stance in Brawl. I'll have something later, but I'm stumped on his Specials. Will likely be Jill-inspired though.

Peach:
B: Now uses Perry/Some other parasol to grab the opponent in a command grab. Either way, once she grabs them, she'll stomp on them for a little bit and then swing them off.

Link:
B: Startup is much faster, can now aim in the 9, 6, and 3 directions.
Side B: Restored to its Melee counterpart.
Up B: Improved vertical recovery.

Toon Link:
B: Deku Leaf - Pushes back the opponent with wind. In the air, can be used as a parachute or to even extend combos.
Side B: Side Swing with Megaton Hammer, downward when in the air.
Up B: Hurricane Spin - On the ground, covers a lot of horizontal ground and great knockback and the end. Be careful when using this move as you're dizzy when it ends. In the air, Toon Link goes upward in a tornado like motion. Is left helpless afterwards.
Down B: Wind Waker -During startup, Toon Link can command the winds to go in a 4, 6, 8, or 2 direction. This will affect the trajectory of your opponent on knockback and can be used to bring in the opponent or push him out.
Ohhh very interesting my man. I wish we had the hacking knowledge to put it into a gct. file and upload unto brawl. So it look like it was action.

We could get this to happen so we could get a better insight but we need a team of hackers or a very dedicate hacker.

I think we can all agree that we need a nerf on Meta-Knight, right?

:phone:
Yes a nerf or a general buff on the whole cast.

That image is HILARIOUS! I'm still chuckling... :awesome:

I try. Lol

And a buff on the Hyrule Tier.(it wouldn't happen to be H tier, would it?)
This or a general nerf on the whole cast.

EDIT: Oh look my rival is here, too bad I'll be gone in a little.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Ah yes, truly masterful and strong work, Oasis. Well done. It all lines up so very well. *pats back*​

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Iblis
Was there anything you liked in particular for the changes? My pride and joy is in Falco.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice, Oasis!

My only complaint is that Takamaru is unlockable. Every other retro that isn't a WTF was from the start (Ice Climbers, Pit at the time)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mr. Game & Watch was always a WTF character. Same with R.O.B. if you didn't know your Nintendo history. Guess what's unlockable?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, I would (did) group G&W and R.O.B. with the Mii since they all represent hardware. Sort of. The Mii isn't from RETRO hardware, but who cares. :troll:

I guess you could say Takamaru could fill that role too what with the FDS. Note that his entire row makes up the "FDS Four." :awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Paper Toad holding Junior's Paintbrush solves all problems.
No, a purple dragon Paper Toad holding a paintbrush with pig tails, a red cape, and a blue helmet solves all issues. :troll:
Did anyone hear about the possibility of Wii U using either Origin (from EA) or Steam as its online service?
No, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of the Wii U allowing usage of either or both. I personally love Steam. I'm always on it. (guess what my username is!) :troll: I think personally both could make the Wii U's online better. Valve's President has stated before he thinks the Wii was a genius idea and his favorite console. You give Valve the successor's console, and they could give us unlimited online possibilities!
I really do want Snake back, and when/if he does, I want him in his Old Snake form from Guns of the Patriots
I think MGS2 Snake should remain as the default, but Old Snake, MGS1 Snake, and Naked Snake would make great alternate outfits. Maybe even an older Big Boss outfit could do.
*nudges Hideo Kojima to do it himself*
lol you really don't like Waluigi huh? :laugh:
I actually kind of like Waluigi (at least his laugh). I sometimes choose him in Mario Party (although rarely in other Mario games). I just hate the idea of him being playable in Smash Bros. over the dozens upon dozens of much more deserving characters.

The only Nintendo-owned character I hate is Tingle. Although Tingle is suppose to be a joke lookalike of master Nintendo composer Koji Kondo.

On a side note, Paper Mario's franchise icon needs to be a piece of paper! :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Johnknight1: Don't start the deserving stuff again. That's not for us to decide.

Likewise, Waluigi was already in Smash via an Assist Trophy. He clearly deserved a mention in Sakurai's eyes anyway. Whether or not he'll be playable is untellable, likewise, he got in somewhere before Jr or Paper Mario. Only Toad is really shown above him when it comes to gameplay, and that's it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bowser Jr. probably only got a trophy in Brawl and nothing more because he wasn't too important at the time. His appearances in post-Brawl games is probably what has him being viewed as more important in today's world.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser Jr. probably only got a trophy in Brawl and nothing more because he wasn't too important at the time. His appearances in post-Brawl games is probably what has him being viewed as more important in today's world.
But there's no way to really tell who truly is more deserving regardless. Notable, perhaps, but deserving? Nah, we can't really say that unless it's purely our opinion, regardless of the data.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I realize that, I was just stating that that was probably the reason Bowser Jr. wasn't at least an Assist Trophy. The way I see it, if Bowser Jr. isn't playable, he could make a nice Assist Trophy with the paintbrush or the Megaleg. Same could go for Paper Mario.

On a side note, I heard someone say once that Sakurai had expressed interest in Muddy Mole as a character. Can anyone back this statement up with a link or mutual hearing of the information? I'd appreciate knowing this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Assist characters? Similar to assist trophies in concept but unique to each character and can only be called upon in certain situations

I think some other fighting game had something similar to that

Player-1

Smash Legend
I also think they'll take out luigi because he is a clone of Mario and since they're taking clones out in the game luigi won't be in the next game

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Really, I think Lucario who is probably the only Brawl character that there are people okay with in regards to being cut. I personally rather just see Pokemon get six slots (all of the Pokemon characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Victini). However, if Pokemon gets only five slots I can see Lucario getting the axe.
If Lucario gets the axe, I don't think Mewtwo will have much of a shot returning. I don't know why, but I think if Lucario doesn't return, Mewtwo most likely won't return either.
I don't see why people want Lucario cut after he was awesome in Brawl. If anyone should be cut for making the game boring, it should be Meta Knight, Snake, or King Dedede. :troll:
@Johnknight1: Don't start the deserving stuff again. That's not for us to decide.
It's my opinion. I'm not saying it is absolutely set in stone. I'm expressing my opinions. That is all. Please stop viewing me stating my opinion as me thinking they are facts.
Whenever I state my opinions, it usually end in flame wars. I'm don't try starting flame wars... but I don't mind flame wars roasting my food while I tailgate at them! :laugh:

Hyper, there are hints as to which characters Sakurai and the Smash Bros. development team will consider/choose. There are a lot of red herring. Nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I also think they'll take out luigi because he is a clone of Mario and since they're taking clones out in the game luigi won't be in the next game

They should also take out Wolf. He's a clone and he's only there for the furries.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We all know that Sakurai doesn't go for flavors of the month and that's all we need to know for now.
Sheik and Lucas say hi... :awesome: ...although smash without Sheik wouldn't be the same, even if I personally find playing her as not that exciting.
I find it sad that people are making alliances to cut characters.

Seriously, Brawl vets have a bigger fan base and supporters then most potential newcomers/returnee today.
OH MY GAWD is that the guy who ran that anti-Lucario, pro-Squirtle thread=??? That guy was the most famous troll in the pre-Brawl days. He was awesome/awful at it! :laugh:
Captain Falcon is a Ganondorf clone. Cut him!

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
That is quite true about Bowser Jr.. SMS and NSMB DS were pretty much the only two games that actually had Jr. as an important character. Additionally, he was in quite a few spin-offs. The SMG games shafted Jr. to the side while NSMB Wii had the Koopalings over him. SM3DL has no Jr. at all.

I'm not saying that it hurts his chances; however, his best shot would have been in Brawl when he had his biggest roles...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Johnknight1: There are no actual hints to what'll happen in SSB4. Possible patterns that might suggest something, but he has not said anything whatsoever that pertains to it.

A new Kid Icarus game isn't really a hint to what could get in. Maybe a suggestion at most.(I'd consider a hint is something that was said from the man himself)

About the only thing that might've been a hint is that in one of the Uprising trailers, they mentioned playing some Smash Bros., and someone thought they saw a Bowser's Castle stage. Outside of that, there's really no true hints.

Gpat66

Smash Rookie
i think a REALLY cool guest character would be EZIO!!!!!! i think he could have some really cool move sets the only thing i cant think of is what would his recovery be????? if anyone has some ideas post em!!!

i also will be sad if toon isnt in the next one i know they will probably do skyward sword link in ssb4 i hope hes not heavy like in brawl i like having a light link character

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I think Ezio was in the Assassin's Creed DS game?

@Player-1: Ah, we need more cool trolls like you, man. Atleast you're funny and not insulting like some other ones here. Nice to see ya again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1: There are no actual hints to what'll happen in SSB4. Possible patterns that might suggest something, but he has not said anything whatsoever that pertains to it.

A new Kid Icarus game isn't really a hint to what could get in. Maybe a suggestion at most.(I'd consider a hint is something that was said from the man himself)

About the only thing that might've been a hint is that in one of the Uprising trailers, they mentioned playing some Smash Bros., and someone thought they saw a Bowser's Castle stage. Outside of that, there's really no true hints.
Like I said, there are hints and fake hints (even Sakurai gave fake hints, like the fake Ness de-confirmation). There's going to be at least one character that we constantly mention, but dismiss their chances. It's like when I went to a tournament last month. I drove by the dang venue at least a dozen times. Meanwhile, it was the green building right next to where I was the whole time! :laugh:

A new Kid Icarus game I think definitely hints there will be more Kid Icarus content in smash. However, it doesn't mean there will be an automatic new playable character.

What=??? Where is this Bowser's Castle/smash bros. mention. Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are still hiring members of their development team. Development hasn't s tarted yet.

D

Deleted member

Johnknight1 said:
OH MY GAWD is that the guy who ran that anti-Lucario, pro-Squirtle thread=??? That guy was the most famous troll in the pre-Brawl days. He was awesome/awful at it.
Does he have an account here? If so, what's his name? And he sure does seem to dislike Lucario.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Why do people continue to look for and believe in "patterns?" There have only been two sequels, how can anyone conjure any patterns from only two sequels? Granted, there is a small amount of evidence that resembles patterns, but not as much as everyone seems to think. It's like people believe that character selection has specific guidelines that must be followed, and if something happened/didn't happen last time around, then it is guaranteed to happen/will never happen in the future.

Can you find a pattern in these sequences?:
1, 10, ___
2, 4, ___
Melee, Brawl, ___

No, you can't.

I'm confident that character selection is a much more chaotic process than everyone seems to think. Especially over time between two games, and time has a way of changing things. I'm not saying that character selection is totally random, but it isn't a fixed process either. So people... enough with the patterns.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said, there are hints and fake hints (even Sakurai gave fake hints, like the fake Ness de-confirmation). There's going to be at least one character that we constantly mention, but dismiss their chances. It's like when I went to a tournament last month. I drove by the dang venue at least a dozen times. Meanwhile, it was the green building right next to where I was the whole time! :laugh:
Heh.

A new Kid Icarus game I think definitely hints there will be more Kid Icarus content in smash. However, it doesn't mean there will be an automatic new playable character.
I wasn't referring to obvious content like Trophies or Stickers. I meant gameplay things. Assist Trophies, Items, Pokeballs, Stages. None of these are too obvious to me.

What=??? Where is this Bowser's Castle/smash bros. mention. Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are still hiring members of their development team. Development hasn't started yet.
Somewhere on TVTropes. One of them said that if you paused, you could see something similar to it. I forgot where. I think they might have been joshing us though.

@Player-1: No, I was sincere. I honestly think you're an awesome guy, and I love having you around here. Plus, you pick on Jebus, who severely deserves it for how bad he is.

@Spyder: I do agree. The only thing we've seen so far is that every single game besides the first has added 1 new Generation 1 Pokemon(overall) character besides Pikachu. And in Melee they started adding a gen not 1st generation as well. I'm seeing something similar, but unless SSB4 adds absolutely no 1st Gen Pokemon(which I'm hoping), there is no pattern. However, there is one with the Mario series. Each game till Brawl added 3 characters related to Mario or its direct spin-offs. (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, than Bowser, Peach, Dr. Mario) In Brawl, they only added Wario, ending that pattern. If you even consider it happening twice a pattern, but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom