• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo got a boot
Lucario will get a boot
Mewtwo will not be back
Lucario will not be back

the truth

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's not really that farfetched, lol. Losing Lucario for Zoroark/Victini and NOT gaining Mewtwo despite high demand would suck, but it's uncomfortably and snugly within the realm of possibility.

@Iblis: Oh yes, very.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, just as a thought, but does anyone else think we're putting way to much emphasis on Generations when it comes to Pokemon discussions?

Based on how Sakurai handles Generations, they don't even matter. If they did we'd have 5 slots with one character from each Generation. Not to mention Pokeballs do a lot of the representation as well, similar to AT's and the many unplayable franchises it represents.

My question is that, is Lucario a "flavor of the month" due to his Generation and therefore his status and popularity doesnt't matter anymore?

IMO if we fellowed that logic than every playable Pokemon character besides Pikachu shouldn't be playable anymore and should be cut to make way for nothing but Gen 5 characters. Not to mention that the Pokemon themselves are worthless and don't matter as characters even in the main series.

Lucario left his mark on the Pokemon series just as much as Mewtwo, Red, and even Jigglypuff, and they're even more outdated than him. I really see no reason to cut him other than to make room on the roster and to start this whole process all over again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I agree with ---.

1. Victini
2. Lucario
3. Mewtwo
4. Zoroark
5. Pikachu

My opinion's clear: Rid Jigglys and PKMN Trainer. Problem solved. Jigglypuff has made enough appearences already because she isn't real important in game and in the anime anymore. PKMN Trainer was a cast of Brawl, as Pichu was Melee, so replacing him couldn't mean that much.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My opinion's clear: Rid Jigglys and PKMN Trainer. Problem solved. Jigglypuff has made enough appearences already because she isn't real important in game and in the anime anymore. PKMN Trainer was a cast of Brawl, as Pichu was Melee, so replacing him couldn't mean that much.
Jigglypuff may no longer important to Pokemon, but she is certainly important to Smash Bros. I can't take anyone seriously at this point who thinks Jigglypuff should be cut let alone she should be cut so that Lucario can stay.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I agree with ---.

1. Victini
2. Lucario
3. Mewtwo
4. Zoroark
5. Pikachu

And here comes the Jiggs discussion...
For about the thousandth time(and I don't know how many people I've said it to), Jiggs is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! He/she is a series veteran in all three Smash games. Removing Jigglypuff at this point would be like removing Captain Falcon or Luigi.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jigglypuff may no longer important to Pokemon, but she is certainly important to Smash Bros. I can't take anyone seriously at this point who thinks Jigglypuff should be cut let alone she should be cut so that Lucario can stay.
And here comes the Jiggs discussion...
For about the thousandth time(and I don't know how many people I've said it to), Jiggs is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! He/she is a series veteran in all three Smash games. Removing Jigglypuff at this point would be like removing Captain Falcon or Luigi.

Understand the word opinion before you start your Jigglys rant, please. Thank you. Also, Poppy, I didn't say she HAS TO leave. But if there needs to be a new slot for the PKMN series, replacing her won't harm anything. If Lucario DID replace her, it's not an eye-opener. Just saying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Oasis Why? What will happen if they both do?
We do not need to rep a new generation with more than one character whatsoever. Only generation to ever be repped more than one is 1st Generation. Not that they need one more either. I would be perfectly fine with one character from each Gen myself. Pikachu, Pichu, 3rd Gen(Trainer? Deoxys? Plusle and Minun?), Lucario, 5th Gen(we've listed them enough times for choices).

@Try-Hyphen: Pokeballs count as much as Assist Trophies. They aren't playable reps, and Items are not on 100% of the time. Characters are always chooseable. Likewise, maybe getting a specific character isn't good enough. Playable Reps affect gameplay more than items could.

Honestly, the only thing I'll give Gen 3 is... they were the only one to get a boss. Every Gen has had Pokeballs anyway. They really don't do more than show that they have tons of characters. And they're mostly one-off moves, and really don't show how interesting the character can be.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You cannot have jigglypuff cut and say "problem solved". Also vicinti AND zoroark is no bueno.

@asage- Why would we need 2 5th gen Pokereps? That's overkill
This. While I was gone, something came to me out of nowhere, like a snap of reality: Jigglypuff, Pikachu and PKMN Trainer ARE from the 1st Generation. Two 5th gens wouldn't be an overkill. That's like saying Toad can't enter because Peach already did.

If it'll make you guys feel better, here's some replacement ideas of Zoroark (or Victini, but perferably Zoroark) from the 3rd series:

Deoxys, Minun/Plusle, Gardevoir, or Blaziken.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Iblis is about to be neutral and say something about all of you.

@Asage: Before you make yourself seem righteous, look at Chrono's post again. He wasn't ranting, hesaid he can't take someone with an opinion like yours seriously. I agree with him, neither can I.

@Metal: Is it really overkill? I would say in this franchise Nostalgia won't always take precedence over a 2 slot new gen.

@Poppy: Calm down, Asage was just saying in his opinion he would rather Jiggz get cut

@Oasis: Why? What standard are you basing this on.

@HF: As much as I like the sound of 1 per gen, popularity would disagree with letting that happen. Weigh Pikachu or Mewtwo *shudders* let's not imagine that debate

@yani: this is true, but it's subjective to Sakurai's choice.

@Pokemon debate in general: Inb410pagediscussionoverthesamethingthatwasdiscussed10pagesago

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: I think this is only because they consider a Pokemon newcomer to be inevitable and that Lucario is competing with Mewtwo. Personally, I'd be happy with either Lucario or Mewtwo returning and Pokemon getting five slots.

@asage94: I wouldn't mind it, but that's not a good idea at all, especially when considering that fans prefer Mewtwo/Lucario over a 5th gen rep and there are many who would be upset with it. Cutting Jigglypuff is horrible as well as she clearly deserves to stay even more then anyone else not named Pikachu.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking back, all the Pokemon (and even sometimes FE) debates are just plain dumb.

So I gotta agree with Iblis, lets end this for now, and let Gamefaqs keep thinking what little they think.

We all know that Sakurai doesn't go for flavors of the month and that's all we need to know for now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Take a look at this:

1st Gen.: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and PKMN Trainer.
2nd Gen: Pichu
3rd Gen: None
4th: Lucario
5th: ???

Ok, so tell me... What's wrong with that 1st generation? If you wanna whine about how a generation should have ONE pokemon, explain our 1st generation, along with the 3rd gen., even. Like I said, it's just an opinion. It *DOESN'T MATTER*.

Anyways, Here's my faved 5 slot PKMN:

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Typhlosion and Tommy (Yeah, that's right. Pokemon Chronicles FTW)
Lucario
Victini

That would be awesome, if it happened. Victini better get in this, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Iblis: To be honest, I ain't using Popularity as a reason. I'm using pure logic. 5 slots, no Gen gets left behind. Also, Pikachu is the main mascot, so yeah.

I also have no problem with a better Gen 2 rep than Pichu.(as in someone who is more unique)

One thing to keep in mind: Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise have all had appearances in 64 and Melee. Then their devolutions(save Charizard) became playable. Funny thing about that...

Also, as I said before, Asage... I don't think 1st Gen deserved anything past Mewtwo. I like Trainer and all, but he could've used 3rd Gen instead.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also, as I said before, Asage... I don't think 1st Gen deserved anything past Mewtwo. I like Trainer and all, but he could've used 3rd Gen instead.
I agree. 3rd gen didn't get much love, besides having Rayquaza as a boss, while Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys, Latios/Latias, and Jirachi were Pokeball'd as legendaries.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree. 3rd gen didn't get much love, besides having Rayquaza as a boss, while Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys, Latios/Latias, and Jirachi were Pokeball'd.
So basically all we got were Legendaries(and a few stragglers like Gardevoir). That'd be kind of funny if it really had an indefinite effect on gameplay all the time.(if you could select which Pokemon came out, then I could say they were a major part of gameplay like a playable character is) Wait, which non-Legendaries did we get?

I really only count Rayquaza as any important rep myself. That, and hacks may make it playable as well. :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Omni-post time again. I'm trying to touch every post I see before I head off to a tourney in about 20 mins.

@HF: I see. Going the idealistic route.

@Asage: In all debates opinions are attacked. Don't post yours if you don't want it to be criticized.

@Oasis: Youse a hippie though :awesome:

@TryHi: I wish we would move on. Even if we do move on, I give another it Mario debate and 2 pages before it comes back around.

@SSBF: It would disappoint me too :-/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can we just talk about changes to the roster to make them cooler? We had a little of that earlier. Better than the same damn topic on Victini and co.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Asage: In all debates opinions are attacked. Don't post yours if you don't want it to be criticized.
O RLY? Please, tell me more. (Not really T_T)

Anyways, I got my hopes on Victini still. Let's hope he gets in. If Zoroark and Victini get in, then I'll laugh at all of you at a l8r date :awesome:

Anyways, I gtg snipe noobs on Halo. Cya.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep lets go with Kuma's topic. Anything to bring up the Spoon again. :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Zoroark reminds me too much of Lucario to support him. If I wanted canine anthropomorphic Pokemon in Smash Bros., I rather just have Lucario stay. The only Pokemon newcomer that I personally want for Smash 4 is Mewtwo. However, I would not like to see Zoroark get in, and think Victini would be the best character to utilize as the representative for Black/White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom