• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@xIblisx I suppose I'll make a Custom Character Creation for him too: Ryheed Omnijaro. Already said I'd make Gyro, so why not (I really should post one of my SSB4 comics on here...)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think they should make Shadow more like Vegeta during the Android Saga (on the good side but still possessing the "tough guy arrogant attitude") or like Heroes.

Making him an anti-hero/vigilante like in Shadow the Hedgehog just doesn't work, IMO.
Just give Shadow his own simple yet selfish goals (nothing over the top "I'm going to take over the world" evil stuff), and make it his role. Maybe Sonic gets in his way, maybe not. Don't make him a cliche, and make him focused on his goal. Make Shadow value his goal/goals over any person's life, but don't make him ruthlessly kill anyone/anything. Make it to where he prefers to work alone, and although he may grumble if he has to get help or work in a team, he accepts it. If he has to fight for "the greater good," fine. If he has to work for "the greater evil" (as we view it) then that is fine too.

Keep it simple like that. I think that could be added as a neat tidbit into a possible smash bros 4 story. Make him a boss with a simple goal (collect the Chaos Emeralds), and then make him maybe re-appear once or twice, and be done with it. That is the only way I would "accept" Shadow in smash bros as worthwhile, or re-accept him in the Sonic story as valuable to the series.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Now only if Sonic could somehow get better and better like DBZ did (bar GT)...(think of Sonic would have been if they perfected Adventure gameplay, or made an actual good new style of Sonic, no whack as hell gimmicks like werehogs.)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Remember, The Wii U isn't exclusivly for SSB4...
@Metal No one will be like Vegeta. NO. ONE.
I know. I just kinda see how it would work for Smash. Possibly. There might be the chance that I don't get it at all, but...

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight- You have NO idea how much I want Robotnik in Smash...

He, Knuckles, Viewtiful Joe and Misty are my most wanted Smash characters ever...

Seriously, how great of a choice would he be=??? We all know him, most of us like(d) him, and he has all kinds of unique gadgets and stuff. Plus, he's like the only really dorky fighter, other than maybe Sonic and Pit's voices! :laugh:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@xIblisx Generations. Nuff said.
BTW neone like the avatar I made (using right now)?
Yes. It's so cool-lookin'! I like it.

By the way, I also like the little Victini picture you use sometimes, and how you make it join conversations. It's pretty funny.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Seriously, how great of a choice would he be=??? We all know him, most of us like(d) him, and he has all kinds of unique gadgets and stuff. Plus, he's like the only really dorky fighter, other than maybe Sonic and Pit's voices! :laugh:
Yep. And when he loses a multiplayer match he can throw one of his hissy fits in the background like in the games :laugh:

Speaking of Sonic's voice, I think Martin Burke would be a perfect Smash voice for him...

@Iblis- SA2's gameplay is my absolute favorite, I too wish they would have expanded on it.

@N- Damn straight. He and Future Gohan are my favorites.

@John again- That sounds great for Shadow!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just give Shadow his own simple yet selfish goals (nothing over the top "I'm going to take over the world" evil stuff), and make it his role. Maybe Sonic gets in his way, maybe not. Don't make him a cliche, and make him focused on his goal. Make Shadow value his goal/goals over any person's life, but don't make him ruthlessly kill anyone/anything. Make it to where he prefers to work alone, and although he may grumble if he has to get help or work in a team, he accepts it. If he has to fight for "the greater good," fine. If he has to work for "the greater evil" (as we view it) then that is fine too.

Keep it simple like that. I think that could be added as a neat tidbit into a possible smash bros 4 story. Make him a boss with a simple goal (collect the Chaos Emeralds), and then make him maybe re-appear once or twice, and be done with it. That is the only way I would "accept" Shadow in smash bros as worthwhile, or re-accept him in the Sonic story as valuable to the series.
Sounds like Sonic Adventure 2!

@xIblisx Generations. Nuff said.
BTW neone like the avatar I made (using right now)?
\

It's nice.

Also I like Gen. Only things I really dislike are

How little a role they made Sonic's buddies (even Tails) have. Give them bigger roles, this is Sonic's history we are talking about.

Voice Acting :urg:

The little stupid, Dora the Explorer type music jingle and Dora the Explorer entrance Sonic's friends got when they were returned from stone. Ughhh, I cringed everytime it happened.

Modern Gameplay was solid. I still perfer Adventure style or moving onto something new. Now if they were to leave the gameplay style now, it would be amazing because it would leave on a high note!

Iblis rating? 7.5/10 now that look back on it
Eggman boss fo sure.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was just pointing out the Nitendo business viewpoint on it. Melee was the signature release title of the Gamecube, and carried that console for about a year and a half, if not more. Twilight Princess didn't have to carry the Wii too long for more dedicated gamers, while Wii Sports kept the newer gamers into the console for a good while. Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii came out soon after to further carry said console.

And yes, wired controllers (at least as an option) need to happen for the Wii U, along with a conventional controller.
Other than the wired controllers, I don't see how any of it related to me saying that laziness is an attitude sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Has that happened since the Mewtwo movie? Cuz I don't think it has.

That makes me excited. <(^u^<)

Here's the listing for Victini's movies In the USA if you're interested and have time.

And Kuma, would I have to make an entirely new account for the character?

Oh and Day Thirteen of Create the SSB4 Roster is up with Starfy and Pikachu.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sounds like Sonic Adventure 2!

Eggman boss fo sure.
Yeah my Shadow idea sounds like Sonic Adventure 2, but it would also involve less talking. I wouldn't make him mute or anything. It's just he talks too much in Sonic, although nearly ever Sonic character is guilty of that these days.

As for Eggman, you never know. He could be playable. You never know what to expect with Sakurai. He tends to throw a lot of red herrings.

But if Eggman is playable, you heard it hear first folks! And if you didn't hear it here first, you heard how it could be possible first. And if you didn't learn it possible here first, then you learned it here first anyways since I'm the best and whoever you heard it from before is not! :awesome :chuckle: :troll:

Yep. And when he loses a multiplayer match he can throw a hissy

Speaking of Sonic's voice, I think Martin Burke would be a perfect Smash voice for him...

@John again- That sounds great for Shadow!
Eggman would be a great mumbling loser.

Also, Sonic's voice should be Urkal from Family Matters again (Jaleen White is his name I think).

Also, let us hope characters talk less in Sonic. Less is more, after all.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
SSBF, you're best bet is probably the Twitter account like he said.

If we were to really make a movement, we could make a twitter for each popular character and do what they did for poison.

@JOHN: UGHH YOU'RE KILLING ME. HIS NAME IS JALEEL WHITE. Sorry about that my name is Jaleel too.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Martin Burke? You mean OVA Martin Burke? That's the best Voice over for Sonic that I've ever heard.

I think what US voice directors don't comprehend is that dark characters don't always require husky voice covers.

That's why Japanase Veggie will always be > than Chris Sabat. (though he's gotten much better)

And for the love of our sweet Lord, can someone tell me why Christain bale was taking growling lessons from Jake Luhrs from August Burns Red for the role of Batman?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@john
Jaleel white
Iirc he voiced sonic in sonic underground

If that was his voice in brawl I wouldn't be able to take him seriously

D

Deleted member

SSBF, you're best bet is probably the Twitter account like he said.

If we were to really make a movement, we could make a twitter for each popular character and do what they did for poison.

@JOHN: UGHH YOU'RE KILLING ME. HIS NAME IS JALEEL WHITE. Sorry about that my name is Jaleel too.
But how would I make one for Victini? Would I need to open up an entirely new account?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Here's the listing for Victini's movies In the USA if you're interested and have time.

And Kuma, would I have to make an entirely new account for the character?

Oh and Day Thirteen of Create the SSB4 Roster is up with Starfy and Pikachu.
O.O Dude. DUDE. Thank you. I just found out from this that there's a showing in Johnson City! That's only like an hour from where I live! OH GAWSH! I may be able to see it!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
No, and for that reason I am sadface

Yo iblis, have you ever seen Ipman?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
"Why should we trust Robotnik when nine times of out of ten he's LYING?"

One of the best lines from Sonic EVER.

With the slowness(v)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"Why should we trust Robotnik when nine times of out of ten he's LYING?"

One of the best lines from Sonic EVER.

With the slowness(v)
"No copyright law in the universe can stop me!" I love that one.

If I were Sonic, I wouldn't try to excercise that, though.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Digi mon Digital MUNSTA's Digimonz are the championz!

Yes that line will be classic for Roger Craig Smith. I can't clown on him too much, man his work in Regular Show.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Damn :mad:

Well, if anyone is interested, all ya gots to do if search up "strange isn't it sonic" or somethin' along those lines...

Now excuse me while I go bathe in nostalgia watching Dexter's Lab videos...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Jack, is that you?

Those claws on Digini remind me of, well I better not say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom