• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
We aren't against Victini, more the whining vs. explaining debate.
This. Smashboards (or at least this thread) seems to have a bias toward Victini as the 5th gen rep and GameFAQs also has a lot of Victini supporters. There are also a few on Nsider2 (though they are inactive), a few on Youtube, and I encountered one on All is Brawl. Zoroark is still the most requested newcomer overall for the 5th gen rep, but Victini is closing in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you guys really do want to try pushing for these characters, do what the Poison fans did and create a twitter for the character. There's also one for Karin, but I don't know the results of that endeavor yet.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That same liking that I'm referring to leads to your specification, its mostly a matter of personal inclinations.

I want my character in because I like him and therefore I will throw around reasons why said character is deserving over ones that competes against it.
Point taken

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its a vicious cycle

Boy, if what you said is true Kuma, it says a lot about fandom at large.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This challenge just went nowhere.

Sadface, all that build up for nothing.

One day SSBF...me vs you...it's going to happen. You can't keep running from it! :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lol I made a Facebook group. FAIL
A twitter would be better considering that Sakurai, himself, has a twitter. Same thing Ono and Harada for Street Fighter and Tekken respectively. With Facebook, the best you're going to get at is the Nintendo page, and we know how Nintendo is when interacting with fans.

@N
They went into depth a few weeks ago behind Poison's inclusion. She was a character the developers considered for a while, even as far back as SFIV's console release. The demand surrounding here and the Twitter account were the things that settled it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
This challenge just went nowhere.

Sadface, all that build up for nothing.

One day SSBF...me vs you...it's going to happen. You can't keep running from it! :awesome:

He's a hardened criminal what can you do?

The demand surrounding here and the Twitter account were the things that settled it.
What an awesome sense of community, its definitely a necessary skill/trait to listen to your consumers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only thing here I agree with is battery issues. The Wii U will be improved from the Wii, so frequency will be fixed (hopefully). U don't use the pointer in Brawl, so it would matter to begin with. 5 to 6 wiimote issue? Turn 1 or 2 of them off, which is HOPEFULLY simple. Mario Kart is different due to how you use the Wii Mote. If you turn off Shake Smash in the options menu, it'll remove the frequency glitch. But thats the past, and we're walking into the Wii U era. So anything that was a problem with the Wii should not be carried on to the Wii U.

Sorry for DPing.
What I said wasn't an opinion; it was what happened. The Wiimote frequency easily get mixed up with more than 4 Wiimotes. That's a fact that has been proven, and it doesn't involve the "pointer;" it involves all attachments on the Wiimote, whether the Nunchunk, Classic Controller, Wii Motion Plus, Wii Zapper, or whatever attachment you have.

Most tournaments have more than 3 people, trust me. Heck, I went to a Melee tournament (with MvC on the side) with about 30 to 40 people. At a tournament like Genesis or Pound, there will be over 1,000 people there for Brawl. Imagine 1,000 Wiimotes. That would be unplayable with that many Wiimotes and broken/laggy frequencies. That's how this could kill smash Wii U's competitive scene. It would also ruin that 30 to 40 person tournament, unless we played one match at a time.

It would take a century to finish the tournament, instead of about 2 hours if we all played our matches at the same time. With Brawl it would probably take an eon or two, given how many matches get timed out! :laugh:

Laziness is partially an attitude. Just because you do all your work doesn't mean you can't be lazy about it. You can still do half-***** jobs... (to be honest, the clones are pretty half-*****, since there's really no excuse. If it took more time? Just take more time. We want the best possible.) Not saying that Sakurai is lazy here, just saying that being there working 24/7 doesn't mean you can't be lazy about it, that's all. Only clarification.

Anyway, yes, Nintendo just needs to learn that wired controllers are what people want these days. Even some casuals who don't play mini-games want wired controllers. The majority wants traditional controllers, plain and simple.
I hardly call it lazy. Sakurai was on a schedule (make a game to be released about the same time the Gamecube console was released), and he released the game on time. Again, Sakurai is not the one in charge of the release date, Nintendo is. They gave him a time he needed to finish by, and he finished it by then. That wasn't lazy at all on Sakurai's account. Sakurai isn't the producer who is in charge of everything. He's the head developer, involve of developing and crafting the game.

Maybe it was laziness by Nintendo's standard, but honestly, who would be hyped for the Gamecube without Melee? What else was a release-date title? Pikmin didn't look like a game many people would buy, and people (myself included) were skeptical of it (I did love it, though). Luigi's Mansion was okay, but I think we all knew it was just another short game you forgot about 2 months later. Wave Race looked exactly like the last Wave Race. Mario Sunshine was about 1 1/2 years away, and Zelda and Metroid Prime were 2 to 2 1/2 years off.

The NES launched with Super Mario Bros. The SNES launched with Super Mario World. The N64 launched with Super Mario 64. Each of those games was a classic, and either were the best-selling game on said console, or one of the best-selling games on that console (the same goes with Melee). Without a good launch title, systems usually struggle early on. The PS3 before Uncharted 1 and MGS4 and pre-Gears of War and Halo 3 Xbox 360 are proof of this. That's how this "rushed" end of development is justified by Nintendo.

He had to make a few "copy" characters, but he made them all unique. Most of 'em anyways. Luigi obviously was the most well-done given he was pre-planned and had original moves. Dr. Mario was clearly just a funny joke, and only had a few changes (overall he was just a better Mario). Ganondorf had a new forward air, and played a totally different style from Captain Falcon. Young Link had several noticeable move effect differences. Falco felt like a more aerial and floaty version of Fox with a lot of differences, despite similar play. Pichu was just a funny yet weak version of Pikachu. Roy was suppose to be a strong and slow version of Marth with more fire attacks (fun fact: most of Roy's attacks have less range, speed, knock back, and strength than Marth's attacks). All of them felt unique, even if just a little bit.

In the end, despite these small annoyances, Melee is still the best made Smash Bros. game, and the one that really put smash bros on the map. The game sold more than double it's prequel, and it's sequel has only outsold it by about 2 million despite being on a system that's sold about 3 to 4 times as many units as the Gamecube. I sure as heck would take a game that was rushed and as polished as Melee over a game made like Brawl any day.

While I agree the frequency issue can be fixed and modernized like the PS3 and Xbox 360 controller wireless frequency (which even that at a major tournament would have issues, which is why said console's controllers have wires!), I think wired controllers still ought to be used. Sure, Nintendo can fix it, but until it is proven that they have, many of us will remain skeptical.

tl;dr: Give everything a wired option.

... The hell's goin' on this thread now?
I have controlled everyone's mind to where they now demand Ridley in smash, including Masahiro Sakurai.

Also, there's like a new post here every minute now out of nowhere. WTF?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It isn't just John (and BTW, I read all of his post, and I totally agree with it), lol I'm just saiyan that there are 4 people here all posting in green :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What's irritating is that discussions like "I like X character over Y character" persist.

It happens frequently regardless of genre.
The discussions on such aren't a problem. For example, I prefer platformers to traditional RPG. The problem is that people keep using it or their hatred for something as a fact or opinion that carries weight in character choices, instead of just that; an opinion that doesn't really effect anyone but yourself.

I like Saffron City over Poke Floats :awesome:
This is an example where an opinion is actually true though.

Although Poké Floats is underrated. It's a good stage IMO.

Also, the next Pokémon Movie is being released in American theaters? The last one I saw was the third one with Entei in theaters when I was like... 8 or 9. I never saw the 4th one in theaters, but it was the last one to come out in American theaters, despite making a fairly nice profit.

If you guys really do want to try pushing for these characters, do what the Poison fans did and create a twitter for the character. There's also one for Karin, but I don't know the results of that endeavor yet.
Create a page for Ridley (call it "RidleySSB4").

"Damn I want to spank Samus' hot a** in smash bros" should be the first comment.

After that, just rant about how Ridley got eaten by a much larger Bowser, and how Ganondorf's boogers are bigger than Kirby, Jigglypuff, and Meta Knight combined! :laugh:

Green text.

So... much... green...
Green is good for you. That's why I eat KFC while eating broccoli! :grin: :awesome: :cool:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It isn't just John (and BTW, I read all of his post, and I agree with it), I'm just saiyan that there are 4 people here all posting in green...

Well dang, I was caught up three pages ago, and then BOOM! 60 something posts in 5 minutes so I gotta quote every bait-worthy post. :troll: :awesome: cool:

Also, everyone else who uses green is a part of the Green Gang Green Grass Green Great Green Group... GREEN! We're a cult, and I'm the leader! I GOT FIRST DIBS! :001:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@yani- Tails.

(Although since the god of all men Akira Toriyama gave the golden touch to Dragon Quest, Slime would be cool, too, he reminds me of Oolong and Puar strangely)

@Johnknight- KFC and broccoli? haha :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I used to have green when I wore my nerd glasses, but then I got too quick. :p

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Sounds pretty good actually^

Love tails, but I don't think he has it in em to be a fighter (proven by the last couple Sonic titles he co-starred in)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
After Generations. I'm sad to say...I don't want any new Sonic reps. IN recent sonic games they've made of all them a bunch of *******.

"YOU CAN DO IT SAWNIK!"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sounds pretty good actually^

Love tails, but I don't think he has it in em to be a fighter (proven by the last couple Sonic titles he co-starred in)
Yeah, I love me some chicken that isn't chicken (it's like a Frankenstein chicken to make it have bigger breasts!) from KFC, and broccoli that probably turns me slowly into an ant. Why else would I have the urge to re-see that movie ANTS=??? :laugh:

Also, I gotta say I would rather have Tails than Slime. Out of all the potential 3rd party newcomers that have a shot IMO (which would be Mega Man, Pac-Man, Slime, Chocobo, and Tails), I think Tails is my favorite after Mega Man. I would love Slime, but Tails would just be too awesome for me to pass up on (although Knuckles is the best). I would also love that it could open the door for Knuckles like 3 smash bros games down the road after Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS! :laugh: :grin: :cool:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Sonic doesn't need any more friends, he doesn't need any more rivals, he doesn't need anymore giant gobledy gook monsters with exploding eyes

dude
needs
a challenge

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh hell no!!!

Shadow da bess my *****.

Just make a game called Sonic vs. Shadow, get good VAs, make Sonic Adventure type gameplay, release it on a newly made Sega Console, Profit!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sonic doesn't need any more friends, he doesn't need any more rivals, he doesn't need anymore giant gobledy gook monsters with exploding eyes

dude
needs
a challenge
This is why, in my comic series, I made a character that is as fast as Sonic. Except I made the reason clear towards why he's fast. Did Sonic? Or was he just born a god? :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@johnknight1: What part of "I'm not calling Sakurai lazy" wasn't understood? And I'm referring to the Brawl clones anyway. The Melee clones were fine.

And yes, wired controllers ftw.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But I'm having too much fun :awesome:

Fun is a LIE created by the government to destroy you with lasers and suck out your brain through a test tube.

No really, it's a chemical reaction in your body... just like taking a squat on a neighbors' car! :grin:

As for my Sonic comment, Sonic's friends wouldn't hurt nobody, assuming we keep it at Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and maybe Metal Sonic and Amy (keep only the first 3 mentioned playable).

Also, has anyone ever brought up the idea of Eggman being playable=??? As much as I would prefer Tails or Knuckles, I am now beginning to think he could be a great "WTF? That was obviously unobvious" choice for smash bros. Think about it; we all expect him to have a role, to be an assist trophy and/or boss. But what if he was playable=??? We all feel like he's practically guaranteed to make an appearance as a NPC. None of us suspect he could be playable. It would be the ULTIMATE troll move by Sakurai! :troll: :reverse: :cool:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
LOL, everything that could go wrong with sonic has gone wrong. He simply cannot be redeemed. Why won't folks just let him R.I.P? He can join the ranks of Mario and Megaman.

Shadow's VA

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@johnknight1: What part of "I'm not calling Sakurai lazy" wasn't understood? And I'm referring to the Brawl clones anyway. The Melee clones were fine.

And yes, wired controllers ftw.
I was just pointing out the Nitendo business viewpoint on it. Melee was the signature release title of the Gamecube, and carried that console for about a year and a half, if not more. Twilight Princess didn't have to carry the Wii too long for more dedicated gamers, while Wii Sports kept the newer gamers into the console for a good while. Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Braw, and Mario Kart Wii came out soon after to further carry said console.

And yes, wired controllers (at least as an option) need to happen for the Wii U, along with a conventional controller.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I still think they should make Shadow more like Vegeta during the Android Saga (on the good side but still possessing the "tough guy arrogant attitude") or like Heroes.

Making him an anti-hero/vigilante like in Shadow the Hedgehog just doesn't work, IMO.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I like green... Green is good... Green Greens... GREEN...

Anyway, can somebody give me a pic of the WiiU's Tablet so I can maybe figure out how it works?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Asage: Sooo you put Shadow in your story. Lol

@N: Damn you! Lol

@Metal: Shadow the Hedgehog (game) was soo bad, it didn't even go wood platinum.

@Asage again: Wolf and Shadow come to mind when I think of Vegeta like characters.

@N again: Sonic can live on, if it keeps progressing in the right direction like it has in Colors and Gen. (PLEASE CHANGE THE MODERN GAMEPLAY DAMN IT, it needs to goooooo!)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Johnknight- You have NO idea how much I want Robotnik in Smash...

He, Knuckles, Viewtiful Joe and Misty are my most wanted Smash characters ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom