• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Oh, but you are so old hat now,

you couldn't prove that in this day in age.

Anyone else have something to say about Opposum's inquiry?

D

Deleted member

@xIblisx and asage94: Stop fighting over "whining in an essay". It's not productive and leads us nowhere.

@Opossum: My expectation would be very low for the roster. I cringe at the thought of Zoroark replacing Lucario.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't feel like I can contribute anything worthwhile to this thread now, at least not anything close to what Iblis just posted :laugh:

But, honestly, I'd love with Nintendo to be creative and troll us with all the trailers and whatnot. Don't just go with the expected choices. It has its fanbase locked in now, so it's not like a few unpopular character choices would seriously detriment their overall sales, nor do they need to prove themselves with the expected/popular character inclusions like in the past...

Lay it on us, Ninty. :grin:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
No. Just because you would have to make fireball from scratch, or not directly take Mario, and alter him into Paper Mario, doesn't mean he can't have a form of fireball, jump/uppercut, "Paper Tornado", and cape.

Definitely just you. They both look good to me. Honestly, it looks like I'll probably finish SML3D, and not PM3D. I never finish RPG's. Too much time.

Super paper Mario is the wii one when you can flip between 2D and 3D at will. PM3D=\=

To lighten the mood:
Since I've been gone what are some of the single player ideas that have been brought up. Any good sse-esque storylines? Iirc at one point John was working on one

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No my evidence proves it, not up for debate.

@SSBF: Thank you. If this means we can get back to the main point of all of this. @Asage: We aren't worrying about changing controllers. We just want wireless controllers. Maybe now we are back to main point, mind addressing the fact that wireless controller cause interference in a tourney setting and following your "just turn off the others" would prolong tournies compared to just having a majority of wireless controllers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
OH **** DOUBLE POST???

Team N&Iblis vs. SSBF&Asage??? Let's go!!! I've always wanted to actually be on different sides of an argument than SSBF.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't feel like I can contribute anything worthwhile to this thread now, at least not anything close to what Iblis just posted :laugh:

But, honestly, I'd love with Nintendo to be creative and troll us with all the trailers and whatnot. Don't just go with the expected choices. It has its fanbase locked in now, so it's not like a few unpopular character choices would seriously detriment their overall sales, nor do they need to prove themselves with the expected/popular character inclusions like in the past...

Lay it on us, Ninty. :grin:

I want this so bad. Not only that, but it would definitely be a spit take for some of our speculators here. Watch Tom Nook or Duck Hunt Dog get revealed before the "popular" picks. We'll pretty much have what would've happened had the UMvC3 characters weren't leaked.

@Iblis
I'll join on your side.

D

Deleted member

@disfunkshunal: JavaCroc has some good ideas. For one, he was talking about the story starting out light and getting darker then SSE at the end.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I just thought it was perfect timing that FanMan of Team Victini stepped in like he was immune.

Sneaky, VERY sneaky.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay we need a team name. Make it offical

IblisOso's (translating into Devil's Bear) N Strike! (Does it sound corny enough?? XD)

It was very sneaky. Tried to slide right by yo! We see you bruh man from da fif floo'!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
IblisOn!

Thought we wouldn't notice LMAO

Yo disfunk, are you a part of the BRoom?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Gotta love this group, I love to clown ol skool too.

Btw, I don't think I've seen Kuma voice his opinion over FanMan's essay.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I don't know about you all, but I like the thought of Victini in Smash. Since I came to this forum, I have started supporting Victini over Zoroark. So I think Victini would be a great 5th Gen. addition to Sm4sh(especially with the movie coming up).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What's irritating is that discussions like "I like X character over Y character" persist.

It happens frequently regardless of genre.

D

Deleted member

Gotta love this group, I love to clown ol skool too.

Btw, I don't think I've seen Kuma voice his opinion over FanMan's essay.
The one over Victini? I would be curious, but I'm not really expecting anything, especially since he's not a big fan of speculation.

@Poppy: Movie is already out in Japan, but there will be a limited released in 300 theaters outside Japan on December 3rd and 4th of this year.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Good lord it Still hasn't fully blossomed?

Feels like the MWF3 release: "Wait, didn't 2 just come out?"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The one over Victini? I would be curious, but I'm not really expecting anything, especially since he's not a big fan of speculation.

@Poppy: Movie is already out in Japan, but there will be a limited released in 300 theaters outside Japan on December 3rd and 4th of this year.
Has that happened since the Mewtwo movie? Cuz I don't think it has.

That makes me excited. <(^u^<)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Eh, I don't really find that irritating. All that really is is casual banter.

What I find annoying is how people throw around the term "deserving" so loosely...

D

Deleted member

Has that happened since the Mewtwo movie? Cuz I don't think it has.

That makes me excited. <(^u^<)

Yes it has. I saw Pokemon 2000 in theaters as a child and 3, 4, and 5 have also appeared in theaters outside of Japan. This will be the first Pokemon movie since 2003 to see a release in theaters.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL

Well, I don't know about you all, but I like the thought of Victini in Smash. Since I came to this forum, I have started supporting Victini over Zoroark. So I think Victini would be a great 5th Gen. addition to Sm4sh(especially with the movie coming up).

We aren't against Victini, more the whining vs. explaining debate.

What's irritating is that discussions like "I like X character over Y character" persist.

It happens frequently regardless of genre.
People use their bias as confirmation when no amount of evidence unless truly written off by or signed by Sakurai himself will prove anything. :urg:

I like Saffron City over Poke Floats :awesome:

Good lord it Still hasn't fully blossomed?

Feels like the MWF3 release: "Wait, didn't 2 just come out?"

Make one movie, make a second one without thinking twice...profit! :troll:

That's how I've seen it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What I find annoying is how people throw around the term "deserving" so loosely...
That same liking that I'm referring to leads to your specification, its mostly a matter of personal inclinations.

I want my character in because I like him and therefore I will throw around reasons why said character is deserving over ones that compete against it.

People use their bias as confirmation when no amount of evidence unless truly written off by or signed by Sakurai himself will prove anything
Goodness I am glad that he does so sparringly

Victini looks like a Djinni, Non originality FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom