• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Not really in approval in changing Pokemon Trainers. I don't see the point in changing Pokemon Trainers when we already have the most iconic one already. I'd much rather that Meowth or another Pokemon character with potential get the fifth spot.
They don't have to change them, just give us the ability to switch between different ones.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I've heard the entire second layer of the brawl disc was SSE cutscenes
I know that but what I'm trying to say is: let's say the sse took up 4 gigs altogether. In an updated wiiu version let's say it will take up 8 gigs. If melee style adventure takes up half a gig, altogether that would be 22 gigs for 44 characters. In a situation like this another sse would clearly be the best choice.

I made up all the numbers so dont take this for fact

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would like Snivy, Pignite, and Samurott instead.

Samurott would be like the first Pokemon swordfighter and the first quadrupedal swordfighter. But Dewott and Emboar would be fine, too... though Serperior would be pretty awesome... it would probably use its vines to punch and grab stuff like Ivysaur does.

I'm glad someone else here isn't afraid to shake up the Pokemon trends. I think Tepig, Dewott, Serpierior would be cool. A quadrupedal fire pokemon would be interesting. I think the idea of a Non-sword weapon being used in smash is interesting. I also think Serperior would be AWESOME.

How do you feel about Zoroark?

@Star

I loveeeee number two. It reminds me of Bomberman music back when his games weren't as blehhhh. Like, N64 days.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
I know you aren't asking me but here is my two cents. I would agree with you except we already had a new Sin & Punishment game in 2009 (in Japan) and 2010 (the rest of the world). I think there is a very good chance we will see Isa Jo instead of Saki Amamiya.
Fair enough, but I'm worried that if Saki doesn't get in, no one does. Really, as cool as Saki is, I'd take either him or his son. Unfortunately, Isa Jo is not very popular with requests so I can easily see them skipping the franchise all together which would suck.

Steam

Smash Hero
I know that but what I'm trying to say is: let's say the sse took up 4 gigs altogether. In an updated wiiu version let's say it will take up 8 gigs. If melee style adventure takes up half a gig, altogether that would be 22 gigs for 44 characters. In a situation like this another sse would clearly be the best choice.

I made up all the numbers so dont take this for fact

yes but SSE was definitely more than 16 times the size of the melee one. probably even before you factor in alllllll of those cutscenes

as for PT pokemon.... something tells me they'll keep squirtle, ivysaur, zard... but there's a good chance they'll go with something else due to the age of gen1. but who knows.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
yes but SSE was definitely more than 16 times the size of the melee one. probably even before you factor in alllllll of those cutscenes
And I still like the Melee one better. >.<

D

Deleted member

If SSE was 16 times the size of Melee's Adventure Mode, the entire game would revolve around it.

Steam

Smash Hero
If SSE was 16 times the size of Melee's Adventure Mode, the entire game would revolve around it.
oh look. it does.

seriously. consider the length of melee adv's levels. now compare to the length of SSE levels : I

there are also way more levels in SSE than melee. there are also tons of cutscenes in SSE that take up tooonnnns of space.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ok I'm going to use your numbers. Let's say an updated sse uses 16 gigs and a melee adventure for Mario would use 1 gig. When you make adventures for the other characters the total space used would be a minimum of 44 gigs

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, sure I am not afraid of shaking up Pokemon trends. I don't mind if some Pokemon are cut and replaced with other Pokemon to keep the Poke-roster feel fresh and not get too stagnant with the same old Pokemon showing up over and over in future Smash games (looking at you, Jigglypuff). If I wanted to play as the cut Pokemon or any cut characters, I can just go back to Melee or Brawl. How do I feel about Zoroark? Well, I am not a fan of the Pokemon but I do expect it to replace Lucario in SSB4 whether we like it or not.

Well, there's the whole "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" line from the DOJO, and the fact that he's the only Assist Trophy that can be damaged.
I would be very, very disappointed if Sakurai excluded Starfy from SSB4. So much moveset potential lost... and we wouldn't even get a Starfy stage, either an underwater stage like Gluglug Lagoon or a underwater stage in the sky like Pufftop or Skydye Heights.

Steam

Smash Hero
Ok I'm going to use your numbers. Let's say an updated sse uses 16 gigs and a melee adventure for Mario would use 1 gig. When you make adventures for the other characters the total space used would be a minimum of 44 gigs

16:1 is the proportion you used.

I'd honestly say SSE, cutscenes and all, is 50 to 100 times the size of Melee's adventure mode.

D

Deleted member

oh look. it does.

seriously. consider the length of melee adv's levels. now compare to the length of SSE levels : I

there are also way more levels in SSE than melee. there are also tons of cutscenes in SSE that take up tooonnnns of space.
Do .5 GB X 16. That equal 8 GB. There is no way other contents would be possible if the game took 8 GB. The game took 2.5 - 3 GB, not eight.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does anyone know how big in gigs melees adventure was?:phone:
Considering the GameCube disc was only 1.4 gigs, probably not much at all. For the most part it was just using stages and characters already in the versus mode anyway? Essentially it would have just been the size of those few adventure-only stages.

Anyway, yeah, Starfy is pretty much just Kirby underwater I hear. Pretty sure Sakurai has a vendetta against it, lol. How does Nintendo let him get away with such biases. :V Incidentally it is hilarious how Sakurai's precious Meta Knight is best in the game, with Kojima's precious Snake in a close second. I can just imagine them jumping to their computers after a match to tweak their favorite characters to try and beat each other.

(Oh wow, I'm really late for that discussion.)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They don't have to change them, just give us the ability to switch between different ones.
Hmm..I always wanted to see Giovanni instead, his Pokemon would consist of:

Persian
Nidoking
Machamp

possibly used by Giovanni:

*Meowth-he wouldn't need to replace anyone, even though he would suit Jesse and James better

*Armored Mewtwo-If for some reason Lucario shows up, Mewtwo would be a great choice for Giovanni as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fair enough, but I'm worried that if Saki doesn't get in, no one does. Really, as cool as Saki is, I'd take either him or his son. Unfortunately, Isa Jo is not very popular with requests so I can easily see them skipping the franchise all together which would suck.
I think the reason why Isa Jo isn't very popular with requests is because people have this "some Assist Trophies in Brawl will be playable in SSB4" mentality. I think that's why some people often suggest Knuckle Joe, a generic enemy/helper in Kirby Super Star, as a 4th Kirby character and suggest Waluigi as a 5th Mario character. I think that's why Matthew and Isa Jo get so little support for SSB4 compared to Isaac and Saki Amamiya, respectively.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oasis_S said:
... Incidentally it is hilarious how Sakurai's precious Meta Knight is best in the game, with Kojima's precious Snake in a close second. I can just imagine them jumping to their computers after a match to tweak their favorite characters to try and beat each other.
Hehe, Know we know why Meta-Knight turned out to be top-tier and why Snake was so freakin powerful even though he didn't deserve it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@MarioSonic

Why exactly did you pick Emboar, Servine, and Oshowatt? I hate how people believe that it must go Fire, Grass, Water.
I did get into a debate regarding this a few days ago. Someone wanted me to swap Servine with Snivy and Oshawott with Dewott.

Thing is though, I was going by the Pokemon Trainer's setup from Brawl...

Stage 1 Water-type starter
Stage 2 Grass-type starter
Stage 3 Fire-type starter

I did end this debate peacefully though, since I knew that not everyone would like my Pokemon picks for the Pokemon Trainer.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
snake isn't exactly a close second...
I'm just looking at the tier list. Besides: F-tilt, F-tilt, F-tilt.

TO BE MORE ON-TOPIC I GUESS: Think we'll see Old Snake in Sm4sh? Maybe Naked Snake? Instead of his MGS2 design.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
Well, I am not a fan of the Pokemon but I do expect it to replace Lucario in SSB4 whether we like it or not.
You've just summed up why I don't think Zoroark should be playable. Of all the potential characters I consider likely, he's the only that I can say that doesn't really need an appearance as a playable character. Honestly, he feels too much like a character that is meant to replace someone instead of a character that really should be in the game and the only reason why most people support him is because he's likely, which sucks.

That said, I think Victini is equally as likely, which is actually someone I want to see in the game. What do you think of Victini being playable?
Arcadenik said:
I think the reason why Isa Jo isn't very popular with requests is because people have this "some Assist Trophies in Brawl will be playable in SSB4" mentality. I think that's why some people often suggest Knuckle Joe, a generic enemy/helper in Kirby Super Star, as a 4th Kirby character and suggest Waluigi as a 5th Mario character. I think that's why Matthew and Isa Jo get so little support for SSB4 compared to Isaac and Saki Amamiya, respectively.
And they're right, some Assist Trophy characters in Brawl will be playable. The reason people support Assist Trophy characters is because they have more move set potentials and in some cases, they actually stand a half-decent chance of getting in. Also, it's because Saki and Issac is more familiar to the gaming world then Isa or Matthew. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Matthew and Isa would be good characters, but I'd rather see someone that people associate with when they think of Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Arcade
I would much rather have Victini. I wouldn't mind Pokemon being an etrememly fickle series. Only holding onto Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the idea of a Pokemon trainer. (I personally like the idea of a second gen PT) I think it's a cool idea to keep three slots free:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
*New Pokemon trainer
*A Popular Pokemon
*Latest Gen Pokemon

Oh, and I recently read some stuff about Meowth's Party, it seems it was nothing more than an underwhelming Tech Demo. It might have become a game if it wasn't for A lot of other games (Like Loz, and Metroid) being majorly well recieved that year.

@Omega,

While I like like how you really decided to go unique with your PT choice, I think the Pokemon themselves are just really poor choices. I have nothing against Giovanni, he's alright enough, and would be a cool boss, but I think Silver has a much better chance at getting into Smash than Gio. (And even Silver has a low chance)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally I think Saki has a way better look and design to him than Isa...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isaac is still in the most recent Golden Sun alongside Matthew apparently. He has a beard too.

Beard for Sm4sh.

You've just summed up why I don't think Zoroark should be playable. Of all the potential characters I consider likely, he's the only that I can say that doesn't really need an appearance as a playable character. Honestly, he feels too much like a character that is meant to replace someone instead of a character that really should be in the game and the only reason why most people support him is because he's likely, which sucks.

That said, I think Victini is equally as likely, which is actually someone I want to see in the game. What do you think of Victini being playable?
Also I felt like I should say I agree with this. Zoroark only seems the most likely new Pokemon character, but thinking of his moveset possibilities doesn't interest me. Victini would probably have a much more interesting moveset with its fire and psychic attacks.

Steam

Smash Hero
I liked my idea of a "Female Pokemon Trainer" from Hoenn, using Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken.
there's no chance of there being two pokemon trainers. because that's like using six characters to fill one spot. even so... gen 3 is possibly the last gen they'd use for a PT. It'll either be first gen or the latest gen.

I still only see 5 pokemon characters making it in.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Lucario
Zoroark/victini/whatever gen5 is liked most

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
16:1 is the proportion you used.

I'd honestly say SSE, cutscenes and all, is 50 to 100 times the size of Melee's adventure mode.
I knew that =). I misread your post. 100x seems highly unlikely. If it is 50x then the two options are fairly close and then I guess it just comes down to preference =/

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
My personal opinion is that most people still have some nostalgia goggles on. There's been some bias against the newer games, thus they're not often referred to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm..I always wanted to see Giovanni instead, his Pokemon would consist of:

Persian
Nidoking
Machamp

possibly used by Giovanni:

*Meowth-he wouldn't need to replace anyone, even though he would suit Jesse and James better

*Armored Mewtwo-If for some reason Lucario shows up, Mewtwo would be a great choice for Giovanni as well.

I would love to see Meowth playable, either be solo like Pikachu or teamed with different Pokemon in this weird cross between Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer.

How about Team Rocket from Pokemon Yellow, it could either be with 1st gen Pokemon or with 5th gen Pokemon? Meowth could have three movesets depending on the following:

- Meowth alone
- Meowth teamed with Arbok (though Swoobat would be cool)
- Meowth teamed with Weezing (though Cofagrigus would be insanely cool)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Agree, as much as I hate how G3 has been ignored by SSB simply because of the cruelty of timing, it is unlikely we will see a second PT, especially in SSB4. And even if G3 were to be represented, the Plusle-Minun duo is probably the most likely from that generation, since they had some very raw unused data in SSBB, meaning they were semi-seriously considered for it.

D

Deleted member

What about Meowth? He's been cut all these times as playable due the time constraints: I can see him now as playable.
He wasn't planned as a playable character, the only reason why he has a chance is because of his popularity and that he has some fan demands and chances aren't great, although to be fair, I would like to see him playable by either solo or what Arcadenik suggested.

@Arcadenik: How about Meowth, Wheezing, and Arbok in a team if it happens?

Steam

Smash Hero
This. SO THIS. I'm forcing myself to leave this post this short.
just saying :/

if they bring back mewtwo then they're essentially going to be committing to gen I

as old as Gen 1 is at this point they're going to be using newer gen stuff more. don't see what's the big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom