• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah well i thought of how bulls can go berserk, hence the name, but i realised you don't go berserk (well, at least mad or angry berserk), so i decided on a nice bull.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rocket Raccoon?

I might replace Dormy with him
Yes. Rocket Raccoon is easily my kind of zoner. I could see a revamped Toon Link, Fox (would increase his appeal big time), or even Tom Nook with that kind of playstyle.

Thing is is that RR is more of a rushdown-mixup-zoner hybrid than anything else.

Rushdown-mix up-zoner?

Isn't that a hybrid playstyle then since he can do a mix of all playstyles decently (But his zoning is good)?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm happy with the results of posting that.

"Read the manga, I'd recommend it even more then Spoon Mewtwo it's that good." ;)

I'll post this in the backroom later, but for now this Ring Lizard has to sign off. Later.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kuma how could a character be a Zangief of Smash? I want something like him.

Also, does anyone know what kind os playstyle Elena has? From SFIII? I like her dancy footwork.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Oasis
I don't think WD needs to return. Rather what should be done is this:

1. Cancel out of the initial acceleration of a dash with a crouch.
2. Remove the recovery off of ending a dash.

Interestingly enough, you'd essentially be having the wavedash in an easier fashion.

@berserker
Not quite. Remember that there are different ways to go about archetypes. RR has little to no mid-range game which is something characters like Ryu have.

@shortie
Bowser changed up with more grappling moves is definitely a candidate for a big grappling character like Zangief. On the other hand, Toad would be a lightning grappler ala El Fuerte.

I think Elena's kind of like a rushdown version of Chun-Li. I'm not sure though.

@berserker
Not quite. Remember that there are different ways to go about archetypes. RR has little to no mid-range game which is something characters like Ryu have.
Although, he is capable of doing combos. Just not as good as normal. I see.....

I'm loving that log trap attack

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, guys, i did tell you a while ago, but to remind you now, the Chocobo and Slime moveset has been up for a little while in the group and i STRONGLY advise you to check it out and give feedback.

And yes Berserker we're still working on the follow-up attacks. ^^

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Interestingly enough, you'd essentially be having the wavedash in an easier fashion.
That was the idea, to get the effect of wavedashing in a way that isn't convoluted.

Wouldn't being able to cancel a roll with an attack and being able to switch the direction your facing (upon canceling) pretty much equate to the same thing as a wavedash? Especially if it was effected by traction/momentum.

That kind of FLUIDITY sounds nice anyway. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@shortie
Bowser changed up with more grappling moves is definitely a candidate for a big grappling character like Zangief. On the other hand, Toad would be a lightning grappler ala El Fuerte.

I think Elena's kind of like a rushdown version of Chun-Li. I'm not sure though.
Elena x Christie? We NEED. I will buy the freaking game if this happens.

How could we make Bowser a grappler, and still keep him Bowser? I think we NEED Fire Breath, but his other moves aren't all that Iconic.

Also, how do you make a character who excels at mind games?

And yes Berserker we're still working on the follow-up attacks. ^^
Just so that there will be an equality between the 2.

I suggest the grab to be like this: Chocobo throws Slime to the enemy. While the enemy is held by Slime, Chocobo can do his normal moves, special attacks, etc. to beat the enemy up.

**** double post

How could we make Bowser a grappler, and still keep him Bowser? I think we NEED Fire Breath, but his other moves aren't all that Iconic.

Bowser IS a grappler already.

Most of his grabs are deadly especially his command grab. The problem is that his grab range isn't good.

I kinda disagree with what you said. The only thing uniconic is his command grab WHICH I'm fine with.

Whirling fortress came from Super Mario Bros. DS or Super Mario Bros. 3?

His Down B came from a lot of Mario games where in he jumps high and tries to smash Mario.

His normals are just based on his terrifying strength.

About a mindgame typ.... Just look at Snake. He requires brains to lure opponents into his traps and he uses his projectiles to confuse opponents. His range is also disjointed so you can use that advantage to confuse opponent's with snake's broken range.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, wouldn't that be overpowering? The animation is right though (of how chocobo would throw slime), i think we put that idea in a while ago.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sacrifices must be made.

Clearly, I don't know my bowser history... I think I should attain knowledge via past records written down on paper.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

For starters, Smash MUST implement a grab break mechanic. Otherwise, command grabs are redundant. That's the thing that makes them so good. Bowser's kind of fine with the one command grab. He just needs a mixup game among other things. That way, he's kind of like Zangief with his vortex.

To be honest though, I want Bowser to be the offensive/hard hitting type character (Except not as broken of course)

He can have quick, strong and short ranged attacks. He should also have faster speed and air mobility.

Off topic: YES. Arc system-- er whatever their name is (From what I remember, they're the ones who made Guilty Gear) are working on a Persona 4 fighting game (Persona 4 is one of my favorite games). YAAAY.

Playstyle breakdown:

Special category:

Common:
All around (A mix of everything)
Broken (Good at everything LOL)
Joke (Bad... just bad)
Glass Cannon (Good at all but fragile)

Unique:
Summoner (Summons objects what so ever)

Zoning category:

Common:
Camping (Projectiles)
Defensive set-up (Traps used to defend)
Spacing (Range advantage)
Punishment (Punishing mistakes)

Unique:
Buffing and debuffing (Increasing or decreasing a certain stat)

Rush down category:

Common:
Mix up demon (Damaging little by little)
Projectile rushdown (Rushing down using projectiles)
Offensive set-up (Traps used for offensive support)
Combo-er (Stringing attacks)
Hard hitter (Dealing high damage in a matter of a few hits)
Grapple type (Uses grabs in their gameplan to deal a ton of damage)

Unique:
Um.

Who can fill up the roles?

DONE EDITING

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting, I never knew there was so many kinds of characters.

I wonder where each of my character movesets would place based on those.

Also I added and updated RM's to the Backroom. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Smash bros is PvPvS.

So, why not have a character that moves center around altering the stage for their benefit? Like my Suicune moveset. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for this?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, it seems we'll be seeing DLC on the 3DS, at least for 3rd Parties.

I updated my RM character list. It now has more people, PM me if I forgot someone:
JavaCroc: Ice Man
SSBF: Fire Man
Iblis: Elec Man
Oasis: Oil Man
Chronobound: Time Man
Augustoflores: Bomb Man
Shined-echi: Cut Man

Kuma: Air Man
Metal Overlord: Heat Man
Hyperfalcon: Metal Man
Kantrip: Wood Man
N: Quick Man

Star: Shadow Man
Beserker: Top Man
Shortie: Gemini Man
Mario_SonicGuy: Magnet Man
Diddy Kong: Snake Man
Dr.Claw: Spark Man

---: Ring Man
Mechawave: Skull Man
Hex: Bright Man
Opossum: Drill Man
Soviet Prince: Pharaoh Man

Johnknight: Crystal Man
Omega: Dark Man (1-4)
Opelucid: Gyro Man
FirstPoppyBro: Charge Man
Steam: Star Man
Young Horsetail: Gravity Man

Smashchu: Yamato Man
Barbasol: Knight Man
SunnySunny: Tomahawk Man
Asage: Blizzard Man

Toise: Shade Man
Y.toonlink: Turbo Man
Yani: Freeze Man

Luco: Tengu Man

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Luco... im a goat... you need to go back 3 pages and change that to a goat.

Tri Hy... im plantman... cant you see my name has Flores? let me change my avi... hold on...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I updated my RM character list. It now has more people, PM me if I forgot someone:

I'm Gravity Man? Can anyone tell me why? (I'm interested on knowing what do I have to do with gravity, hohoo)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SCV better end up on the WiiU. I'm seriously getting worried that Cassandra, Sophitia and Taki aren't returning. They have succesors. Most of the veterans that are returning have been given the ability to not age by the Soul Edge or something.

THE WORST PART IS Sophitia's children aren't that cool. The boy looks like a major douche, the girl looks kinda cool though. Taki's student looks AWESOME. Worthy of taking her spot. So it looks like Cassandra is out of the race for SCSSB slot. :awesome:

I would guess: Nightmare, Ivy, New main douche.

[COLLAPSE="Also, MK9 Freddy, eat your heart out."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Since her first appearance, she has become one of the most recognizable and iconic characters in the franchise, mainly due to her incredibly voluptuous body and her penchant for extremely revealing clothing.
Ivy ****ing Valentine.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's a 2010 drawing... i could do sooo so much better now... oh well. it is what it is...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Hell yeah!

Kung-kung-kung-fu-cutman!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SCV better end up on the WiiU. I'm seriously getting worried that Cassandra, Sophitia and Taki aren't returning. They have succesors. Most of the veterans that are returning have been given the ability to not age by the Soul Edge or something.

THE WORST PART IS Sophitia's children aren't that cool. The boy looks like a major douche, the girl looks kinda cool though. Taki's student looks AWESOME. Worthy of taking her spot. So it looks like Cassandra is out of the race for SCSSB slot. :awesome:

[/COLLAPSE]

Ivy ****ing Valentine.
I really like how that new girl looks, but something is off about her. Her costume is missing something (The claw girl)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
Pokémon Black & White - Global Link Vote

Last year, in Japan, the official site compiled a poll which allowed you to vote for a Pokémon, the winner is then given over the Global Link. In Japan, the winner was Arceus and in Korea, it was Rayquaza. The Pokémon given are distributed with their Hidden Ability, provided they have one. Now, this promotion is being done outside of Japan. You have until November 30th to vote for one of the 493 pre-Unova Pokémon (Bulbasaur to Arceus) with the winner getting revealed on December 13th 2011 and distributed from February 1st 2012 for four weeks until February 29th 2012. You can vote for this on the official site here. We'll bring details on the winner as soon as possible while the official site will update rankings every Tuesday until then
I'm going to be looking into this because I will find out how many people want Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Lucario. For sm4sh reasons.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

[/COLLAPSE]

Ivy ****ing Valentine.
According to the Soul Calibur Wiki, her name is Viola. She may look sexy, but like I said before, Smash Bros. really isn't about sex appeal.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri Hy... im plantman... cant you see my name has Flores? let me change my avi... hold on...
Alright I'll change yours if you want. You were one of the harder to give ones so I gave you Bomb Man due to your old avatar. ;)

I'm Gravity Man? Can anyone tell me why? (I'm interested on knowing what do I have to do with gravity, hohoo)
It's hard to explain since you were one of the harder people to give one for, nice to see ya back by the way.

I was very tempted to give you Mega, but to be fare to everyone else you got Cut, which seems to have worked out just fine.

:cool:

@Tri-Hyphen- I'm Dark-Man? What does he do? Sounds like he's evil and cool. :bee:
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Man

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Alright I'll change yours if you want. You were one of the harder to give ones so I gave you Bomb Man due to your old avatar. ;)

It's hard to explain since you were one of the harder people to give one for, nice to see ya back by the way.

I was very tempted to give you Mega, but to be fare to everyone else you got Cut, which seems to have worked out just fine.

:cool:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Man
No. I am obviously Bomb Man. For goodness sake, I'm a Poppy Bro.
But I could also see myself being, like, Star Man or something because I support Starfy so much.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man... I see this board is really getting off course... (Hint, hint).

Anyways, SSBF gave me the idea to start a poll in my Blog. I think I'll do it, this time ;)

Also, respect the Poppy Bros. I love playing as him in Kirby Super Star Ultra. Bomb man? More like Bomb Bro! :awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Man... I see this board is really getting off course... (Hint, hint).

Anyways, SSBF gave me the idea to start a poll in my Blog. I think I'll do it, this time ;)

Also, respect the Poppy Bros. I love playing as him in Kirby Super Star Ultra. Bomb man? More like Bomb Bro! :awesome:
Exactly. Bomb Bro/Man FTW! :awesome:

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom