• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani_

Smash Ace
I really don't think Geno or Banjo are that likely, Geno was highly demanded in the pre Brawl days an he didn't get in so why should he get in now? Besides even if he was considered he still has Megaman,Slime, Ryu Hayabusa, and Bomberman in his way. As for Banjo he's Microsoft now if I'm not mistaken and I doubt Nintendo's rival would let them borrow him for Smash
It was just more of wishful thinking but why shouldn't he get in now? I have my doubts with Megaman, Slime doesn't seem like it fights although I can be wrong idk about it's franchise. I doubt Ryu will be considered, and Bomberman.. meh. He is Microsoft's now but N&B was a fail. Talk is going on for B&K going to the 3ds. If that indeed does happen, B-K definitely have a shot.

edit: By He* referring to Banjo, not Bomberman :p
edit2: With Ryu, it's more of I just don't see him fit for a smash game. However, said thing could be said about Snake, so you never know I suppose. These are all just my opinions

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i played against this really good link player in melee and another in brawl... the melee player was an asian boy about 16 years of age and the brawl player lives in my housing complex... i've beaten the melee player but i have yet to best the brawl player... sadly, we have no wavedashing in brawl...

so... do you gais think wavedashing will make a return in smash 4? (like how i made my post about smash 4?)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Chances are no.

Sakurai knew about Wavedashing and even had it in early Brawl builds, and he has admited that he got rid of it on purpose.

As for why, I can't quite remember as I believe it was in a Nintendo Power issue that I don't have on me right now.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Chances are no.

Sakurai knew about Wavedashing and even had it in early Brawl builds, and he has admited that he got rid of it on purpose.

As for why, I can't quite remember as I believe it was in a Nintendo Power issue that I don't have on me right now.
Sounds like something for you to find for your thread in the backroom. :awesome:

Also, wavedashing seems kind of dumb. Could maybe be incorporated into rolling?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It was written in an NP issue, it's something you can't find links for. That's why I was having trouble remembering.

But you're right it's something I should at some point get into the backroom. Plus my thread's pretty much the only thing the Backroom has going for it. :p

As for wavedashing, it doesn't really bother me that it's gone. To me it's just one less headache to deal with when learning the game or playing against other people.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wavedashing sucks because it's too hard to do something so simple. You know? I could never get it down enough to use it in battle. Which is silly. It's one thing trying to pull off a complex combo, and that being hard. It's another to not be able to "scoot" because it's too hard.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wouldn't being able to cancel a roll with an attack and being able to switch the direction your facing (upon canceling) pretty much equate to the same thing as a wavedash? Especially if it was effected by traction/momentum.

That kind of FLUIDITY sounds nice anyway. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wavedashing I always sucked at and it's what scares me about Melee. Plus I was only able to make wavedashing useful using Luigi, not that it matters though since I don't main him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I dunno OASIS, I never was able to USE IT.

Jerk.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
[COLLAPSE="Web Comic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Could you post more on-topic material instead of web comics? Thanks. :)

And in regards to Shortie's question...

Oasis YOU FOOL. I knew all along~

Okay, here's a game! You have to pick a character for each descrition I give, and this will be part of the roster for Smash4:

A Villain: Ridley
A Female: Captain Syrup
A Small, Heavy character: ... Ray MK?
A new semi clone: Dark Samus
A decloned character: Ganondorf
A new heavy character: King K. Rool
A futuristic character: Saki
A cut Melee vet to be revamped: Roy
A WTF?! character: Duck Hunt Dog
Someone from a obscure franchise: Chibi - Robo
Someone from a puzzle game: Lip
Someone with a Rushdown Playstyle: N/A
Someone with a never before used weapon: ... Sukapon?
Someone who's a grabbing fiend [Think Zangief]: N/A
Someone who's a trap setter: Ashley
Someone who uses barriers: Jiro
Someone who uses Magic: Kanan
Someone who uses Transformation/summonings: Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario (meh...)
The most likely third party: Megaman
The second most liekly third party: Slime
The dark horse third party: ... Professor Layton?
Cut choice 1: Snake
Cut choice 2: Sonic
Cut choice 3: Toon Link

Copy this and Bold/Wavy/Color your choices for me~

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno OASIS, I never was able to USE IT.

Jerk.
Not even to goof off after KOing an opponent? That's the best use of it. :troll:

I just BOOTED UP Melee for a bit of wavedashing, and MAN that game feels so ...stiff now. Yet some say Brawl's the stiff one so whatever. :V

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Raging=Unnacceptable, and I avoided it by mere inches.

But anyways, anyone know where I can get a GIF maker? I'm gunna start making the Battle Animations for Victini soon, and I need some program that makes animated sprites.

Also, I was looking into Pkmn history and discovered that almost all Legendary PKMN are linked to gods from our world, like Victini and Nike, the Greek Winged Goddess of Victory. I wanna shoot myself in the foot- I didn't see that? :facepalm:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So which god carries a spoon? :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it might as well have been me. :laugh:

So is Mewtwo the Kratos of the Pokemon?

Hmm.....

A Villain: Ridley
A Female: Captain Syrup
A Small, Heavy character:
A new semi clone: N/A
A decloned character: Ganondorf
A new heavy character: King K. Rool
A futuristic character: Saki
A cut Melee vet to be revamped: Mewtwo
A WTF?! character: Sheriff
Someone from a obscure franchise: Mike Jones
Someone from a puzzle game: Lip
Someone with a Rushdown Playstyle: Little Mac
Someone with a never before used weapon: Bowser Jr.
Someone who's a grabbing fiend [Think Zangief]: Toad
Someone who's a trap setter: Tom Nook
Someone who uses barriers: Jiro
Someone who uses Magic: Kanan
Someone who uses Transformation/summonings: N/A
The most likely third party: Megaman
The second most liekly third party: Slime
The dark horse third party: Nathan Drake :troll:
Cut choice 1: No (Snake)
Cut choice 2: No (Sonic)
Cut choice 3: No (Um...)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mew is similar to a vertebrate embryo. It is purported by scientists to be the ancestor of all other Pokémon, a reference to the recapitulation theory. It also shares some traits with felines.

Ho-Oh is based on the Huma bird, a legendary bird that is said to never rest, living its entire life flying continuously, and resurrects itself and others in its own ashes and flames. It is a symbol of fortune and friendship and will bestow happiness to anyone who simply glimpses it. Ho-Oh, like Moltres, is also based on the legend of the Phoenix; unlike Moltres, it is based more on the Fenghuang, the immortal phoenix of China. Many cultures view the Phoenix and Huma as symbols of resurrection; this is seen in Ho-Oh, which was reborn rising from its own ashes and had a hand in resurrecting Suicune, Raikou and Entei. It may also be based on many other firebirds; some examples are the Three-legged bird, Simurgh, and the Ember Bird. It also is similar to the rainbow-feathered bird god Achiyalabopa. Its name suggests it might be based on the Chinese phoenixes, known as hou-ous.

Lugia is based on Ryūjin, a dragon who was the Shinto god of the sea, and lived on the ocean's floor. This can be further evidenced through its shiny form's colors, red and white, which were the colors of the coral in which the palace of Ryūgū-jō was made of. Appearance-wise, Lugia seems to be based on the Stegosaurus (back plates and tail spikes) and the Plesiosaur (long neck and swimming ability). Lugia may also be based on the Wyvern; a type of dragon that stands on two legs, has wings, a barbed or spiked tail, and usually has a long neck.

Celebi has a natural theme. Celebi might be related to nature worship of Shintoism. It may be based on a fairy, dryad, or the kodama. Its fierce protectiveness for its forest home resembles that of the Curupira. It may have been based on the Dr. Seuss story, The Lorax. The story is about a small creature, known as the Lorax, who spoke for the trees and tried to protect them as well as the environment from being destroyed by industrialization.

Kyogre is most likely based on the Hebrew legends of Leviathan, the unconquerable primal master of the sea. Its counterparts were Behemoth and Ziz. Just as Kyogre is in conflict with Groudon, it was said that at the end of time Leviathan and Behemoth would start a battle that would kill them both. The Hebrew word for Leviathan is now used for whales in modern Hebrew, which may be why Kyogre's appearance also draws inspiration from whales, especially the Orca. Kyogre could also be based on Hayo and Lakandanum, the gods of the sea of the Philippine mythology.

Groudon is modeled after the Earth's land and volcanoes and is most likely based on the Hebrew legends of Behemoth, the unconquerable primal master of the land. Its counterparts were Leviathan and Ziz. Just as Groudon is in conflict with Kyogre, it was said that at the end of time Behemoth and Leviathan would start a battle that would kill them both. However, the behemoth is usually depicted as a warthog/hippopotamus-like creature; in the same way that Kyogre is not based on traditional depictions of the leviathan. Instead, Groudon's appearance seems to have drawn inspiration from the Tyrannosaurus and from various species of Ankylosauria such as Euoplocephalus.

Rayquaza is most likely based on the Hebrew legends of Ziz, the unconquerable primal master of the sky. Its counterparts were Behemoth and Leviathan. Rayquaza's appearance also draws inspiration from other creatures of myth such as the Asian dragon and lindworm.

Latios and Latias appears to be a cross between a jet plane and a dragon. He and Latias may also draw inspiration from the philosophy of yin and yang. They may also be based upon the aeons in Gnosticism, being that certain aeons are immaterial beings of concepts existing in pairs of males and females emanated from God and one another; also, their species is "Eon." Latias and Latios are also based on birds, and due to Latias's shared origin with Blaziken, they could be based on Junglefowl

Just some, but go to Bulbipedia and look into the Origin of the Pkmn to learn more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finished up my Muddy Mole Moveset. Here it is!

Muddy Mole

A: Right Claw Swipe
AA: Left Claw Swipe
AAA: Alternating claw barrage.
A Side: Muddy does a small punch.
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up.
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet.
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward.

Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt.
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides.

Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage.
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair.
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair.
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc.
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash

Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso.
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him.
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario.
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward.
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process.

His Neutral B could be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole.

His Side B will be the Barrel Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However, it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a barrel that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the barrel to ram opponents. Can be a decent horizontal recovery.

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Asage: Yeah that all sounds about right. You got it from Bulbapedia didn't you? :p

@Opossum: Good work so far, maybe try adding damage % as to help let us know if everything is balanced. ;)

EDIT: I can't read. Never mind. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's the one part I'm unsure of: damage percent. Still trying to work it out without him being extremely underpowered or broken, while still fitting his playstyle. I want him to have lackluster aerials, being a mole, while being very powerful on the ground, or under ground. To counter it, he is semi-light weight. Basically, he can use the iron balls for set up and to limit the foe's ground maneuvers while he is able to just throw them or dig past them. Basically, he's a tricky trapping character. Any ideas on this?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Opossum: Hmm, Medium weight with weak aerials sounds good in my opinon for a character like him. But for weight it really would depend on how big of a character he is. What it sounds like you have him as is at Pikachu size.

Other then that, maybe give him a safe Meteor Smash so he has at least one good air move and that it can be used to knock opponents into his traps.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, he's about Pika-sized. I think I mentioned his Up Special being a meteor smash, and I think I'll edit the down air to be a meteor smash as well. Rocket Raccoon in UMvC3 used digging in his playstyle, so I'm hoping it's not too much of a stretch for Smash to have a digger, in this case, I'd think Muddy would be a great choice.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmmm... I think I'm starting to join the Muddy Mole bandwagon.

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
he would only be able to dig on solid surfaces... platforms will only allow him to just go under right? or will there be a special attack move while on a platform? like, maybe he can uproot characters under him and launch them upward... just a thought...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

T_T Like a boss.

Anyways, that Muddy Mole moveset's not bad. If he digs on a platform, he should hang under it, and as you press (A), he stabs through it, hitting anyone above. Dig again to let go.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
GOODNESS ASAGE. Monty Mole is completely different from Rocky Wrench. Do some research.
Originally they looked different. However, as of today, Rocky Wrenches look highly identical to Monty Moles, but they wear goggles, throw wrenches, and wear a manhole cover.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Forget Mewtwo having armor, he needs a cape!

I swear he and Bass.EXE are so similar it is not even freaking funny.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Originally they looked different. However, as of today, Rocky Wrenches look highly identical to Monty Moles, but they wear goggles, throw wrenches, and wear a manhole cover.
Oh yeah, I guess we should consider Mario and Luigi the same thing then. I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU, M&S.

But I expected that kind of silly response from asage. He is the weakest at researching in the whole world.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But I expected that kind of silly response from asage. He is the weakest at researching in the whole world.
I know more then all of you about PKMN. What are you talking about? Let's also not forget that I've spoken ideas already with the PKMN team. Come at me now T_T And r u forgetting sw96?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Let's also not forget that I've spoken ideas already with the PKMN team.
My uncle is the PKMN team.

Also I forgot to agree with Starphoenix.
I liked that movie. :I

@asage: They're conjoined twins. Don't make fun of them. RUDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom