• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Did you guys hear about this? Miyamoto sent Sakurai a copy of Super Mario 3Dland with a note, he'll probably put a level from the game as a stage in SSB4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting, although we already had a really good chance to get a 3D Land stage anyway, this just seals the deal.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ Now this is what I'm talking about. :cool:

TBH though I kinda expected a 3D Land stage rep, but it looks like that might seriously happen...

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think Star actually made a stage already for that, combinding it with NSMBWii.

Also I'll bring it up, but it was requested in the backroom (by Iblis) for someone to do the RM thing I did but with DBZ characters. Anyone up to the task? ;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually it does. It implies that you can have hope for your obscure characters, although the fact that they're obscure just means they have an even bigger chance of A. Not being playable, B. Not being known by Sakurai

If he didn't know Krystal, what are the odds he knows who Ashley Robbins or Aex whatever is? Sakurai probably means obscure by retro anyhow. ROB is the only "obscurebutnot" character to get iinto SSBB. Well and Pit.

So, all it means is "You can hope".
This

I hope Pit gets dumbed down a bit in the next Smash...
Holding B during his Side Special makes it go forever. And his shield blocks everything(even stuff like Samus's Final Smash(except the last hit)), so... Yeah.
The wings let him recover from anywhere, the arrows are fast and hard to avoid, and Final Smash is pretty much unavoidable in 1-on-1 matches.
And I just remembered how much I hate Pit while typing this. Great. :facepalm:

No.

Pit in the competitive community is average. Not about him is overly noticeable. Everything is just soooo average.

^ Now this is what I'm talking about. :cool:

TBH though I kinda expected a 3D Land stage rep, but it looks like that might seriously happen...

Word up.

I think Star actually made a stage already for that, combinding it with NSMBWii.

Also I'll bring it up, but it was requested in the backroom (by Iblis) for someone to do the RM thing I did but with DBZ characters. Anyone up to the task? ;)
Swag. Also please some do the DBZ characters.

/TeamDragonBallZ

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
i hope pit gets dumbed down a bit in the next smash...
Holding b during his side special makes it go forever. And his shield blocks everything(even stuff like samus's final smash(except the last hit)), so... Yeah.
The wings let him recover from anywhere, the arrows are fast and hard to avoid, and final smash is pretty much unavoidable in 1-on-1 matches.
And i just remembered how much i hate pit while typing this. Great. :facepalm:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

That would be a problem if those wern't the only things he had going for him. Arrows are annoying, but easy to block, his side B is retardly punishable by jumping and quick falling an attack. His wings give him the ability to recover from great distance but are a double-edged sword recovery because being smacked out of em by anything will leave him free falling to his doom. His specials have there weaknesses

The camping game is the best thing pit has. Other then that, his spacing moves are either to short range or too slow.

Pits a VERY solid character, but thats all he is. Nothings to game breaking about him.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, he kinda feels like the most balanced character in the game. It seems like this is what mario was striving to be like.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Double post.
Sorry that last post was like, completely irrelevant to this thread. Hurrrr.

So like, i'd like lucario to get a complete overhaul. They focused far too much on making him "graceful" instead of just simply agile. I dunno. I always saw him as more agile and fierce. I want them to get rid of all the spacing moves and make him more in your face.

His up-B extreme speed could be changed to have longer start up time, but once he starts moving, he becomes invinsible. Any opponent he passes threw would take a volley of 5 hits that keep them in place as if lucario beat them up on his way pass them dragon ball z style. And maybe his side B could be a rekka styled special like marths only with shoulder barges and strong focused hits. Maybe one of his rekkas makes the last hit a slow grab, or he cross em up on the other side. :D

Thats just how envisioned him playing as, instead of being so campy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brawl in itself was campy, so he fit the engine.

In Melee, it would've made more sense, though.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a faster game(but not too fast, just faster than Brawl).

Likewise, the A.I. in Brawl is much better. But the only problem with Single Player mode is that on higher difficulties in Classic, the computers don't change at all. You just have less knockback(against them), and they do more knockback to you. In other words, basically, our stats are lowered. I really hate fake difficulty like that. I prefer smarter computers. That's more challenging, and less cheating.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was scared of aliens when I was young and mars attacks freaked me out. All those late night alien documentaries I saw.

I surprisingly wasn't scared of alien or predator though...I even had predator toys

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, like, I want lucario to have some safe pressure strings (or atleast some high risk high reward mix ups) but the brawl system doesn't have enough shield or hitstun to do that.

I'd totally look forward to this next game if it had slightly more stun~!

And yea, the brawl AI is filllllled with fake difficulty. :l That input read. For example, they will always roll if you grab (and there not already doing something) they perfect shield jab combos. But there also exploitable because they try and punish multi hit moves to early. (Take for example metaknight tornado or pits nuetral air) They also try and punish moves with weiiiird *** things. Like lucario and metaknight try and punish shielded moves with F-smashes, which our horrible for punish moves.

I guess its understandable. Making AI human like, but not bull**** is hard. Not many, if any fighting games have done it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I'd like to see the points system with the little bonuses(like Magnified Finish, All Aerial, Cement Shoes, etc.) come back from Melee. I mean, I wouldn't be utterly destroyed if it didn't, but I don't know, I'd like to see it again.

I for one thought it was fun to read what little "achievements" you got for the match.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
^^ So would I. The only bonuses in Brawl SUCK.

^ That too, heh. Then again, how else are they supposed to be challenging? They're reading you similar to how a player reads another player. It's definitely cheating, no question about that, but it also means you can't be predictable(unless using hacks).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
^^ So would I. The only bonuses in Brawl SUCK.

^ That too, heh. Then again, how else are they supposed to be challenging? They're reading you similar to how a player reads another player. It's definitely cheating, no question about that, but it also means you can't be predictable(unless using hacks).
Yeah. I mean, what does Longest Drought mean? What does Transformation Time mean, since every character has one? Are they good or bad? I NEED ANSWERS!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly. I want points. That was the fun of Single Player Mode. I mean, that's the whole point of an Arcade Mode in general. The all bonuses trophy can die in a fire, though.

...Wait, was that sarcasm?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Exactly. I want points. That was the fun of Single Player Mode. I mean, that's the whole point of an Arcade Mode in general. The all bonuses trophy can die in a fire, though.

...Wait, was that sarcasm?
Was what sarcasm? :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Never mind. Anyway, none of those mean squat to any average player. But getting points for it is fun. I miss Bonus Mode. :/

Masked man 17%?!

What's with those guys. I'm not surprised by Toad's percent though (Since that site has hate for him anyway).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm.... I think her being like Tron would be better. A hard hitting character who can combo PLUS zone decently BUT she won't have good mobility
Actually, Tron has decent mobility thanks to her back and forth air dashes and Bonne Strike.

Her main problem, IMO, is that she doesn't have much in the anti-air department. However, the metagame's changed a lot since I dropped MvC3 so I could be wrong.

Later, I might do a big list of changes once more. Get everything together and explain the reasoning behind them.

I knew she had decent mobility. I'm just advising to remove that cause it might make Syrup a little broken

Okay, here's the list of playstyles:

Special category:

Common:
All around (A mix of everything) - Takamaru, Ryu, Zoroark
Broken (Good at everything LOL) - None
Joke (Bad... just bad) - None
Glass Cannon (Good at all but fragile) - Mewtwo, Paletuna

Unique:
Summoner (Summons objects what so ever) - Medusa

Zoning category:

Common:
Camping (Projectiles) - Mega Man, Kanan, Dark Samus
Defensive set-up (Traps used to defend) - Dixie Kong, Orublon, Tom Nook
Spacing (Range advantage) - Isaac, Bandana Dee
Punishment (Punishing mistakes) - K Rool

Unique:
Buffing and debuffing (Increasing or decreasing a certain stat) - Paper Mario, Lip

Rush down category:

Common:
Mix up demon (Damaging little by little) - Toad, Victini
Projectile rushdown (Rushing down using projectiles) - Saki, Krystal
Offensive set-up (Traps used for offensive support) - Bowser Jr.
Ranged rush down (Using range to rush down) - Caeda, Roy
Combo-er (Stringing attacks) - Little Mac, Victini, Goroh, R. Hayabusa, Meowth
Hard hitter (Dealing high damage in a matter of a few hits) - Ridley, K Rool, Shulk, Dark Shadow, Syrup
Grapple type (Uses grabs in their gameplan to deal a ton of damage) - Toad

Unknown:
Starfy

Anything wrong Kuma?

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Opelucid

Hmm, so Miyamoto is sending Sakurai a copy of Super Mario 3D Land? Hm, maybe Toad has a good shot now considering that Jr. has been confirmed to not appearing in this game while Toad presumes a bigger role.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing both Toad and Jr. as newcomers in SSB4.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I am kind of surprised by all the Waluigi hate. Yes, he's a shallow spin-off character. But I think based on that, he has potential. Think of a moveset based entirely on the Mario spin off games. Just off the top of my head...

Mario Kart move (similar to Wario's motorcycle)
Hitting a player overhead with a golf club (not swinging like peach)
Swinging a tennis racket to hit an opponent
Throwing the Mario Party dice at a player. The the higher the number, the more powerful the number is (similary to game and watch's hammer)
Picking a player up and dunking them on a basketball hoop that appears
Grabbing a player and he does a Mario strikers super strike kick to them
Final Smash: whips out the Mario DDR pad (works similar to DK's bongo final smash)

that stuff was just right off of the top of my head. i think there is potential for him to rep the mario spin off games with a creative moveset. Hell, he could even have his alt costumes be the different uniforms he wore in all the sports games.

I am kind of surprised by all the Waluigi hate. Yes, he's a shallow spin-off character. But I think based on that, he has potential. Think of a moveset based entirely on the Mario spin off games. Just off the top of my head...

Mario Kart move (similar to Wario's motorcycle)
Hitting a player overhead with a golf club (not swinging like peach)
Swinging a tennis racket to hit an opponent
Throwing the Mario Party dice at a player. The the higher the number, the more powerful the number is (similary to game and watch's hammer)
Picking a player up and dunking them on a basketball hoop that appears
Grabbing a player and he does a Mario strikers super strike kick to them
Final Smash: whips out the Mario DDR pad (works similar to DK's bongo final smash)

that stuff was just right off of the top of my head. i think there is potential for him to rep the mario spin off games with a creative moveset. Hell, he could even have his alt costumes be the different uniforms he wore in all the sports games.
It's not because of the moveset potential. It's because of his lack of importance in the Mario series.

Gameplay:

Faster physics and pace
Melee air dodge adapted
Moon walking
Dash dancing
Remove tripping
Still no wave dashing lol
Balanced final smashes
No more error coding (Looks at Ganondorf)
Possibly promotes and emphasizes on both offense and defense

Mario

Down B - Star spin
Heavier weight (His weight wasn't 100, it was 98)
Faster dash speed

Luigi

Neutral B - Thunder ball
Down B - Poltergust
Heavier Weight (His weight should be 98)
Change final smash: Hyper Polergust blow or Luigi Finale (It can have negative aura or lightning elements)?

Peach

Neutral B - Can be changed to Toadsworth or maybe remain to be a generic toad
Lighter weight (87 at most)

Bowser

Faster and stronger attacks
Faster dash speed
Drastically higher aerial mobility
Make him an offensive/rush down character

Link

Higher recovery
Increase range of aerial spin attack
Better aerial mobility
Quicker attacks
Faster execution of projectiles
Longer range
Tad weaker knockback overall
Make his n-air have the same attributes as his melee n-air
Forward B : Sword beam (?)
Downward B : Weapon change(?)
Neutral B : Weapon use(?)

Zelda

Din's Fire should be like the one in Project M
Quicker Farore's wind
Nayru's love is like how it is in Project : M
Quicker dash speed
Increase number of sweetspot frames in her d-air, f-air and b-air
Throws are like how it is in Project M

Shiek

Simply restore her melee self.

Ganondorf

Revised sword based moveset

Donkey Kong

Is actually fine as is.

Diddy Kong

Weaken the meteor smash property of the D-air

Yoshi

Better second jump
Higher up B recovery
Faster and stronger attacks
Higher priority in all attacks
Longer range

Samus

Faster charge shot
Charge shot is now rapid fire and it acts like how it acts in Metroid prime
Chargeable. It damages from 4 - 14%
Homing missiles travel extremely fast. Super missiles travel slowly though
Homing missiles have poor tracking
Morph ball bomb is chargeable (6-25%)
Sense move as the new dodge animatino

Zero Suit Samus

No change

Kirby

Up-tilt is quicker and weaker
Up tilt has longer range
F-smash hitbox pops out at an ealier frame
Higher knockback but same damage
Quicker U-smash
Faster inhale
Aerial hammer works like how it works in melee

Meta Knight

N-air can kill at only 160% with no DI
D-smash can only kill at around 150% with no DI
Decrease knockback and killing power in MK's shuttle loop
Decrease the priority of mach tornado
Weight should be as light as Kirby (78)
Decrease the range of MK's attacks

King Dedede

Forward B - Dedede hammer spin
Down B - Waddle Dee throw

Fox

Fine as is

Falco

Fine as is

Wolf

Recovery is easier to control

Pikachu

Fine as is

Jigglypuff

Increase priority of attacks
Smash 64 restoration

Ice Climbers

Fine as is

Marth

Faster aerials
Faster ground attacks
In general, melee restoration

Ike

Actually, Fine. Maybe make his attacks faster

Game and Watch

Fine as is

Pit

Fine as is

ROB

Fine as is

Wario

Revamped Wario land moveset

Snake

Faster grenade execution
Decrease KO potential

Sonic

Homing attack is like how it is in Project M
Forward B - Slide/Tackle
Down B - Spin charge
Higher KO potential
Higher damage input and knockback

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As much as I'd like not to get into Waluigi again, it really all depends on how Sakurai sees Waluigi as a character. For all we know Sakurai may want him as a rep for the many Mario spin-off titles.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I believe it is better to complete the important main series Mario characters before moving onto the spin-offs. And besides that, both Toad and Jr. are as relevant as Waluigi when it comes to in terms of the spin-offs.

Waluigi would definitely make the best spin-off rep; however, like what Berserker said, the spin-off series is second in priority after the main series.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Shortie's gonna get ******

Anyway imo, a mario spin off rep is not worth 1 slot.
the way I see it, I don't look at it as costing a slot. my thinking is Sakurai and his staff choose what characters they'd like in the game, and that is how many we get. I don't think they pick a hard number, then select that number of characters. could be wrong though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the spin off character atleast appeared in a canon game, then he could indeed be interesting. Also, Daisy pretty much is spinoff only now too.

Also, I consider Waluigi more of a Wario character, as he was clearly meant to be his partner/whatever.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi would have had a chance if he was truly a Wario character as well. So far, Waluigi has yet to appear in a single Wario game as well. This already shows as the character's insignificance as you would think that Nintendo would use him in something like WarioWare if he was needed...

It also seems that Nintendo has no interest in him for the main Mario games as well (at least from what I see). I mean they even gave Toadette, a later spin-off character, a cameo in Super Mario Galaxy!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
WRONG: He had a small cameo in a mini-game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

Now, if you mean important to a Wario game, then yes, agreed. But he did appear in a Canon game in the first place.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
As much as I'd like not to get into Waluigi again, it really all depends on how Sakurai sees Waluigi as a character. For all we know Sakurai may want him as a rep for the many Mario spin-off titles.
I believe it is better to complete the important main series Mario characters before moving onto the spin-offs. And besides that, both Toad and Jr. are as relevant as Waluigi when it comes to in terms of the spin-offs.

Waluigi would definitely make the best spin-off rep; however, like what Berserker said, the spin-off series is second in priority after the main series.
I guess I'm thinking of it differently. I don't think of him taking the spot of a main series mario character as much as him being added in addition to this character as a homage to all the spin off games.

If the spin off character atleast appeared in a canon game, then he could indeed be interesting. Also, Daisy pretty much is spinoff only now too.

Also, I consider Waluigi more of a Wario character, as he was clearly meant to be his partner/whatever.
I feel that he doesn't appear in a cannon game (is mario ddr cannon? i dont think so but maybe) is the reason to include him. Like I said, I'm not saying "add waluigi instead of a more important main series mario character" as much as i'm saying "add a main series character as well as waluigi, and let waluigi represent the spin offs". Come to think of it, I could see Waluigi getting the Wario icon if he is added seeing as how he's supposed to be pretty important to the next Wario game (iirc).

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hmm.... I think her being like Tron would be better. A hard hitting character who can combo PLUS zone decently BUT she won't have good mobility
Speaking of captain syrup have any of ya heard of Ruby Heart from Marvel vs capcom 2? I can see syrup having similar moves to her. Like the anchor cannon or dropping a barrel over the opponents head then throwing knives into it. All that good pirate stuff~!

For her final smash she could summon her ship to the background of the stage and rain cannon balls down on the opponents~!

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
But, it was never confirmed to being Waluigi in that Warioware game. It could be him, but there was no indications that it actually was him. Additionally, he never made an appearance or future cameo in this appearance if it was him.

Also I understand that Waluigi would make a good spin-off rep; however, I would still find it odd if he was lined up next to the Mario main four if he made it into SSB4. It seems more natural to have him fit in the Wario series (though problem is that he really can't do this) or in the Mario series once a few more guys like Toad and/or Jr. make it in...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well at this point we're still at a standstill for the Mario characters.

• The Japanese don't want another Mario rep.
  • Each rep has at least some sort of hate base.
  • Each rep would take in moves from Spin-Off games.
  • Each has pros and cons that pretty much lower themselves to the same level.

Basically, as stated before, we're looking at an invitable Mario rep war that will be even bigger than Brawl's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom