• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No. I am obviously Bomb Man. For goodness sake, I'm a Poppy Bro.
But I could also see myself being, like, Star Man or something because I support Starfy so much.

:phone:
Alright I'll be nice and change it since Bomb just opened up. You were one of the harder ones to do so I'll be nice. ;)

Also trust me, you don't want Star Man.

Note: Some people I will switch, some I won't. It really depends on how easy it was to give you a RM.

It's nice to see people having fun with this, but we really should get back on topic.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Alright I'll be nice and change it since Bomb just opened up. You were one of the harder ones to do so I'll be nice. ;)

Also trust me, you don't want Star Man.

Note: Some people I will switch, some I won't. It really depends on how easy it was to give you a RM.

It's nice to see people having fun with this, but we really should get back on topic.
All right. Thanks. Who do you think gets who now? Like everyone here. Which robot master does everyone get and why? Just to clarify.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
All right. Thanks. Who do you think gets who now? Like everyone here. Which robot master does everyone get and why? Just to clarify.

I was bored and wanted to have some fun so based on the personalities of the RMs in the MM Manga I decided to give everyone here there own RM.

I tried to do as many people as posible so that no one would feel left out. I'll repost everyone's current RM's later today. ;)

If anyone has anymore questions/requests then just PM me as we're getting way off topic.

But seeing as I was the one who got us off topic in the first place I'll bring this topic back up:

To be honest though, I want Bowser to be the offensive/hard hitting type character (Except not as broken of course)

He can have quick, strong and short ranged attacks. He should also have faster speed and air mobility.

Off topic: YES. Arc system-- er whatever their name is (From what I remember, they're the ones who made Guilty Gear) are working on a Persona 4 fighting game (Persona 4 is one of my favorite games). YAAAY.

Playstyle breakdown:

Special category:

Common:
All around (A mix of everything)
Broken (Good at everything LOL)
Joke (Bad... just bad)
Glass Cannon (Good at all but fragile)

Unique:
Summoner (Summons objects what so ever)

Zoning category:

Common:
Camping (Projectiles)
Defensive set-up (Traps used to defend)
Spacing (Range advantage)
Punishment (Punishing mistakes)

Unique:
Buffing and debuffing (Increasing or decreasing a certain stat)

Rush down category:

Common:
Mix up demon (Damaging little by little)
Projectile rushdown (Rushing down using projectiles)
Offensive set-up (Traps used for offensive support)
Combo-er (Stringing attacks)
Hard hitter (Dealing high damage in a matter of a few hits)
Grapple type (Uses grabs in their gameplan to deal a ton of damage)

Unique:
Um.

Who can fill up the roles?

DONE EDITING
So which characters could/already have filled these roles?

Hmm... I'll fill it up (Posting it in here)

I'll just post the notable ones (This is for SSB 4) - Possible, wanted and likely newcomers

Special category:

Common:
All around (A mix of everything) - Takamaru, Ryu, Zoroark
Broken (Good at everything LOL) - None
Joke (Bad... just bad) - None
Glass Cannon (Good at all but fragile) - Mewtwo, Paletuna

Unique:
Summoner (Summons objects what so ever) - Medusa

Zoning category:

Common:
Camping (Projectiles) - Mega Man, Kanan, Dark Samus
Defensive set-up (Traps used to defend) - Dixie Kong, Orublon, Tom Nook
Spacing (Range advantage) - Isaac, Bandana Dee
Punishment (Punishing mistakes) - K Rool

Unique:
Buffing and debuffing (Increasing or decreasing a certain stat) - Paper Mario, Lip

Rush down category:

Common:
Mix up demon (Damaging little by little) - Toad, Victini
Projectile rushdown (Rushing down using projectiles) - Saki, Krystal
Offensive set-up (Traps used for offensive support) - Bowser Jr.
Ranged rush down (Using range to rush down) - Caeda, Roy
Combo-er (Stringing attacks) - Little Mac, Victini, Goroh, R. Hayabusa, Meowth
Hard hitter (Dealing high damage in a matter of a few hits) - Ridley, K Rool, Shulk, Dark Shadow
Grapple type (Uses grabs in their gameplan to deal a ton of damage) - Toad

Where does Captain Syrup AND STARFY belong?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting, I didn't know Toad was a Grappler. :laugh:

Although based on my Palutena moveset, I'd think she'd be more of a mix-up or glass cannon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's hard to explain since you were one of the harder people to give one for, nice to see ya back by the way.
I see... hmm. I wanted to be Shadow Man, but booyaa. (-l,l-);

Who should I be, hum... Gauu, hard to choose. Can I change though incase I find someone which fits me better? (-lwl-)^

That's for the newcomers though.

This is the ones that the current characters have:

Special category:

Common:
All around (A mix of everything) - Mario, Lucario, Toon Link, Luigi, Pit
Broken (Good at everything LOL) - Meta Knight
Joke (Bad... just bad) - None
Glass Cannon (Good at all but fragile) - Zelda, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Fox

Unique:
Summoner (Summons objects what so ever) - None

Zoning category:

Common:
Camping (Projectiles) - Link, Snake, ROB, Olimar
Defensive set-up (Traps used to defend) - Diddy Kong, Snake
Spacing (Range advantage) - Ike, Snake
Punishment (Punishing mistakes) - Zelda, Ganondorf, Ike, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Punish by grab)

Unique:
Buffing and debuffing (Increasing or decreasing a certain stat) - None

Rush down category:

Common:
Mix up demon (Damaging little by little) - Sonic, Captain Falcon
Projectile rushdown (Rushing down using projectiles) - Falco, Fox, Peach, Ness (I think?), Samus
Offensive set-up (Traps used for offensive support) - None
Ranged rush down (Using range to rush down) - Marth, Ivysaur
Combo-er (Stringing attacks) - Marth, Squirtle, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus
Hard hitter (Dealing high damage in a matter of a few hits) - Donkey Kong, Wario, Charizard
Grapple type (Uses grabs in their gameplan to deal a ton of damage) - Bowser, Dedede, Snake, Yoshi, Ice Climbers
Interesting, I didn't know Toad was a Grappler. :laugh:

Although based on my Palutena moveset, I'd think she'd be more of a mix-up or glass cannon.
By the looks of it in the games he was playable in, it showed him grabbing most of the time (SMB 2 and Wario Woods).

I was in a hurry with moveset analyzing. I'll change it

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I see... hmm. I wanted to be Shadow Man, but booyaa. (-l,l-);

Who should I be, hum... Gauu, hard to choose. Can I change though incase I find someone which fits me better? (-lwl-)^
I'm trying to do it by personality and how people tend to post. You haven't posted in a while so it was hard. But if you think there's a better RM for you that's not taken then PM me and let me know. ;)

Although I don't know why you wouldn't want Gravity, he's one of the coolest RMs out there. :ohwell:

@Beserker: Toad just wants to give everyone a hug. :3

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm trying to do it by personality and how people tend to post. You haven't posted in a while so it was hard. But if you think there's a better RM for you that's not taken then PM me and let me know. ;)

Although I don't know why you wouldn't want Gravity, he's one of the coolest RMs out there. :ohwell:

@Beserker: Toad just wants to give everyone a hug. :3
Yeah, he has an awesome weapon but I'm sure I find someone which fits me better. Firstly I might say that I want to be in outer space, unlike Gravity Man, gau.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, he has an awesome weapon but I'm sure I find someone which fits me better. Firstly I might say that I want to be in outer space, unlike Gravity Man, gau.
Hmm, well there's Astro and Galaxy Man, but I'd rather not get into MM8 or 9 unless I have to seeing as they only appeared briefly in the manga (1 page each). So it's up to you.

But I think you could also pull off Hard, Dive, or Charge Man.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^

Oops I forgot about him, he's another option if you want. ;)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Just call me Spark Man! Haha

On the topic of grappleing characters...I'm wondering what you all think of Chibi-Robo? His plug could be used in a grapple move.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was thinking maybe Chibo-Robo could have a mechanic where he could pick up his plug and become much faster (maybe a bit lighter), but his attacks would have a shorter range. If he dropped his plug, he could use it in some attacks to give him a longer range, but also become slower and heavier. You've apparently played it, SO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

That doesn't sound entirely feasible or sensible though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just call me Spark Man! Haha

On the topic of grappleing characters...I'm wondering what you all think of Chibi-Robo? His plug could be used in a grapple move.

I think that would actually be pretty interesting. Hmmm... Speaking of which, I'd like to see a Chibi-Robo moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most characters are not completely of one arche type anyway I feel. Most are a strong mix between more arche types. Like Snake for example. He's pretty All Around, but also a Punisher, Camper, Trap Setter.. you name it. Then again, this perticular character is very over powered...

Then again, I want Mewtwo to be the Buffing character. Has anyone read my new move suggestion for his Down B? It is many pages back now, around 50~60 I think. I called this new move 'Meditation' mostly based on this Pokedex entry: 'It usually remains motionless to conserve energy, so that it may unleash its full power in battle.' and the in game moves Calm Mind and Bulk Up.

Move could be used 6 times, after that, Mewtwo would go in what I'd call it 'Recover mode'. Each 1~2 seconds using it would heal 1% of damage. Then again, it'd be unlikely you'll get that far in just 1 Stock, unless you'd be playing extremely campy. Meditation itself however would make Mewtwo heavier, stronger, somewhat faster (but floatier) and add some range to certain attacks. Grabs would get an disjointed, more ranged hitbox / range. Also, power shielding would become easier to do. Downside could be more afterward lag to some moves though. But at the same time, also more Super Armor moves.

Called it 'reverse Lucario' before as an easy explenation. But it'd be more than this. It'd make Mewtwo far more flexible in options. If you want Mewtwo to be heavy and strong like Ganon, Meditate for about 30 full seconds (in total) or 6 stages. If you only want to be a little bit more faster, and more range, Meditate around 2~3 times, allowing a bit more of a rush down character while gaining some more weight.

It's just an idea though. They could do a lot with Mewtwo, but this would imo make him more unique from the rest of the cast. And it's a thing that'd suit him, being the ultimate mind **** character, hard to master, but immense results if you'd do (which wouldn't make it TOO bad if he where to be over powered, as most wouldn't be able to figure him out anyway).

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I was thinking maybe Chibo-Robo could have a mechanic where he could pick up his plug and become much faster (maybe a bit lighter), but his attacks would have a shorter range. If he dropped his plug, he could use it in some attacks to give him a longer range, but also become slower and heavier. You've apparently played it, SO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

That doesn't sound entirely feasible or sensible though.
Having that implemented would be AWESOME. I wonder if Sakurai would be willing to create essentially two movesets for him though. I hope so, because this could be really cool.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
So we have a good chance of Eternal Darkness 2!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=165302

"The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation."

"Roots" "most requested" and "next generation" narrows us down to Legacy of Kain (Note Vita is the only other announced "next gen") and Eternal Darkness. Given Edios ditched them in favor of Crystal Dynamics (which is still around and owned by them) I doubt they are going back to Legacy of Kain.

Alexandra's chances went up.

D

Deleted member

Even if Eternal Darkness 2 is announced, I still doubt that we'll be seeing Alexandria.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Add Meloetta to the list.

Also, result and link to the Serebii poll?

Too late on Meloetta. But I'll keep an eye out for voters on the others list.

Also, I alrdy told u that the Serebii poll was locked for a reason I have yet to understand. Youtube's poll is done. One's on facebook, as well. Next step hopefully is Smogon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
young horsetail... isn't it obvious? you're centaurman!
Is it because my name? XDDD

It might more of refer to a bug, hohoo. (Tsukutsukuboushi = Tsukushi-kun = Young Horsetail)

BTW, I think I found my pick but it seems to be taken as some sort of place holder: I wanted to be Star Man.

I mean, He's like a PERFECT FIT to me! He might symbolise me being huge fan of Starfy and also I share some same traits of being romantic, loving musicals (or at least movies which have lots of good songs) l and living in outer space! Pleaseee ---, can I be Star Man??? (Because I think Star Man was given for Steam as some place holder)

I don't think Steam's gonna mind, he hasn't even yet heard of this whole Robot Master-list thing, so please???
(-;L;-)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Captain Syrup could be a Tron? Or possibly a Knife/Bomb user? (Think Pirate)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow you and SSBF are really going far with the 5th Gen poll. My only suggestion would somehow add Lucario on it (without it effecting people's choices) to see his popularity.

@Young Horsetail: Got your PM, I made the switch. ;)

@Eternal Darkness: I'll have to play the first one, but from what I hear it should get a sequel, and IMO I think it would work great with the Wii U (don't ask me why it's just a feeling I have). But for it getting a character I doubt it unless it became a wider known franchise, so at this point I'd say AT at best.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Wow you and SSBF are really going far with the 5th Gen poll. My only suggestion would somehow add Lucario on it (without it effecting people's choices) to see his popularity.

@Young Horsetail: Got your PM, I made the switch. ;)

@Eternal Darkness: I'll have to play the first one, but from what I hear it should get a sequel, and IMO I think it would work great with the Wii U (don't ask me why it's just a feeling I have). But for it getting a character I doubt it unless it became a wider known franchise, so at this point I'd say AT at best.

#201-210: Sakurai says in response to an email asking only for well-known characters (like Mario, Link, etc.) to appear in SSBB, "Asking only for popular characters to appear in Smash...doesn't get me excited"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
#201-210: Sakurai says in response to an email asking only for well-known characters (like Mario, Link, etc.) to appear in SSBB, "Asking only for popular characters to appear in Smash...doesn't get me excited"
You sir just got the post of the day.

You argued and backed up your argument (we don't get a lot of that around here), I admit defeat. Congratulations. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Your point? That barely means **** in terms of Eternal Darkness getting a character rep, nor does that even imply that obscure characters have a chance solely because of that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Your point? That barely means **** in terms of Eternal Darkness getting a character rep, nor does that even imply that obscure characters have a chance solely because of that.
Actually it does. It implies that you can have hope for your obscure characters, although the fact that they're obscure just means they have an even bigger chance of A. Not being playable, B. Not being known by Sakurai

If he didn't know Krystal, what are the odds he knows who Ashley Robbins or Aex whatever is? Sakurai probably means obscure by retro anyhow. ROB is the only "obscurebutnot" character to get iinto SSBB. Well and Pit.

So, all it means is "You can hope".

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope Pit gets dumbed down a bit in the next Smash...
Holding B during his Side Special makes it go forever. And his shield blocks everything(even stuff like Samus's Final Smash(except the last hit)), so... Yeah.
The wings let him recover from anywhere, the arrows are fast and hard to avoid, and Final Smash is pretty much unavoidable in 1-on-1 matches.
And I just remembered how much I hate Pit while typing this. Great. :facepalm:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Actually it does. It implies that you can have hope for your obscure characters, although the fact that they're obscure just means they have an even bigger chance of A. Not being playable, B. Not being known by Sakurai

If he didn't know Krystal, what are the odds he knows who Ashley Robbins or Aex whatever is? Sakurai probably means obscure by retro anyhow. ROB is the only "obscurebutnot" character to get iinto SSBB. Well and Pit.

So, all it means is "You can hope".
I was just speaking of Eternal Darkness, not obscure series in general. I just meant to say that Eternal Darkness isn't the only obscure series out there, there are a lot of them. So, that series (well, game, really) getting a rep is about as likely as another obscure series. So, I was just arguing that what deux posted/Sakurai said doesn't really affect Eternal Darkness' chances of getting a character rep very much one way or the other...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was just speaking of Eternal Darkness, not obscure series in general. I just meant that Eternal Darkness isn't the only obscure series out there, there are a lot of them. So, that series (well, game, really) getting a rep is about as likely as another obscure series. So, I was just arguing that what deux posted/Sakurai said doesn't really affect Eternal Darkness' chances of getting a character rep very much one way or the other...
It reminds me of the time Justin Bieber said he would date a fan. . . it's just something he said. Look who he's with, Selena freaking Gomez.

Sakurai just said that, he really has yet to add a seriously obscure character. He's just telling us not give up hope I guess. Although the Bieber girls should.

I'm hoping Sakurai's twitter is used... a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom