• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least they were loosely based. Better than having a non-existent, unfitting playstyle right?

And I don't hate Ganondorf. I only hate his specials. His playstyle fits him. I obviously know that. Still, I wasn't a rabid supporter for him during the melee days.

Like I said, despite what you say, the specials are still un-fitting and they should be given to Black Shadow. That's something you can't change and like you, I wish Ganondorf was de-cloned. That's what matters.
The problem is, you're saying only his specials are unfitting. He has more than 3 moves. Which means overall, he has more fitting stuff than non-fitting. And no, I would rather have Goroh as he's more notable in Smash right now. Ganondorf can go completely uncloned. And his Choke Hold is unfitting now? Okay, there's the problem. You're now saying that even his only two unique special moves are unfitting?(this includes his Final Smash, since it's a B Move) Your logic is kind of unsound now. B Moves are just specials, they're not everything the character has. I can forgive most of his moves unfitting because they're cloned, fine. But not 3 moves. Jigglypuff had a ton of moves from Kirby in the first game. They weren't terribly different from eachother outside of the specials.

Psycho Incarnate said:
But Ganon's magic never does that.

He moves slowly, NEVER fast. While he does teleport occasionally.

His most common thing is throwing energy balls.
So why can't his magic use more than just Energy Balls? Why would he be completely restricted by one game? Also, you're forgetting that he's actually pretty fast in Wind Waker, and was fairly slow in TP. His most common thing is his Sword attacks, not his Energy Balls. He only uses that in one game, and a sword in atleast 3 games. Yes, he needs his sword. But being a slower bruiser is completely within his style. Which he still is in Smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I still say if we're gonna not make Ganon faithful, make him a "trap setter" and have him set hexes ect.

Genesect moveset I made~
[COLLAPSE="FINISHED"]

A – Genesect does a “fakeout” by bashing his face forward and raises his right arm. (He’s a metal bug, he doesn’t care if he smashes his face against yours)

AA – He slaps the opponent across the face like a dramatic mom would, except he has no words of wisdom to tell you, just an onslaught of insecty pain.

AAA – He lifts off the ground slightly, with his chest pressed forward, and does a small “self destruct” explosion.

>A – He goes from running after you to just using his laser to boost his armored body at you, causing damage.

>Smash – He focuses his energy, and unleashes a bug buzz, all around his body.

^Smash – He tucks his head under his shoulder, and prepares his cannon for a short blast off. The Cannon shoots a small simple beam behind him (for lift off, also static damage) and he bashes his head against the falling/jumping target

VSmash – He smashes his pokers into the ground, and then reaches for the sky, with boulders on either piercer.
BasicAir – His body suddenly has this metallic sheen, and he spins in the air, on a diagonal axis, with his arms out. Like a top would.

>Air – He tucks his head down and bashes you with his cannon (If it hits, he laughs)

VAir – His feet lock together, and he begins to fall rapidly, spinning like a drill. The Higher up he is, the more damage it does.

<Air – He looks behind his back and blasts a magnet bomb from his cannon. The magnet bomb falls slower than you, but will follow you around for fifteen seconds after being produced. If the opponent touches it, it explodes. It does 1% damage to yourself.

B: Techno Drive – Genesect braces his body by widening out it’s legs and shoulders, and begins to power up it’s massive laser on it’s back. Basically, you hold be, and from here, depending on which direction your analog stick is pointing, techno drive will switch types.

B alone: Sends out a normal typed techno drive beam. It simply blasts forward in a straight line, not special type-effects after it hits the opponent.

B+Up: Burn Drive is blasted diagonally in the air. The red beam will leave a burning effect on the opponent.

B+Forwards: Douse drive starts horizontal, but quickly comes down. The beam is shorter, and more closed ranged. It would be used to push your opponents back because the wave of water type techno blast has a similar effect as Mario’s FLUDD. It DOES do damage, but much less than the rest of the techno blasts.

B+Backwards: Genesect snickers, and turns his body backwards to shoot a horizontal Shock drive behind himself. It leaves a slight shocking effect on the opponent.

B+Down: Genesect jumps diagonally into the air and blasts a chill drive down at where it once stood.

ForwardB: Genesects “hands” glow white and he proceeds to use fury cutter. The first strike is with his left poker, and it slices from left to right. If you tap B a second time after using he will will lunge forward with a sharp, piercing jab. If you tap be a third time Genesect will preform X Scissors, and slice you up good with a big X-Cross

UpB: Genesects cannon shoots off a magnet bomb directly above it, and his metal body rises with it, ya know…he’s metal. Touching the magnet bomb will cause an expolosion similar to Link’s bomb, so don’t touch it.. plus, it will cause Genesect to to rise, you jerks.

DownB: Metal sound booms a tuning fork noise, and similar to jigglypuff’s sing, it will cause the opponent to be immobilized. Unlike Jigglypuff’s sing, it can be used in the air AND has a slightly bigger range.

Forward Throw: Genesect grabs your face with both “hands” and boosts forward sharply kneeing you iin the stomach.

Down Throw: Genesect lays you beneath him, jumps up a tad, and blasts you with a simple beam

Back Throw: Genesect pierces the opponents chest, looks at them, and tosses them behind him. Saying “Inferrior Model” as he does it.

Up Throw: Genesect tosses you in the air, and blasts you with a simple beam, laughing hysterically.

Taunt 1: Genesect points forward and says “Comply with Plasma’s new world order, or suffer”.

Taunt 2: His cannon opens up, and switches the color drives. His eyes go dim while he does this.

Taunt 3: He looks at the camera spins his two pinser drills.
[/COLLAPSE]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Shortiecanbrawl: I'd be up for that. Magic and Sword based moveset. I don't care if it's 100% accurate. SSB isn't anyway to any series. It's not canon to them. So the whole idea of only using canon moves is poppycock.

Also, let's note that almost every single one for Olimar's moves were made from scratch.

The problem is, you're saying only his specials are unfitting. He has more than 3 moves. Which means overall, he has more fitting stuff than non-fitting. And no, I would rather have Goroh as he's more notable in Smash right now. Ganondorf can go completely uncloned. And his Choke Hold is unfitting now? Okay, there's the problem. You're now saying that even his only two unique special moves are unfitting?(this includes his Final Smash, since it's a B Move) Your logic is kind of unsound now. B Moves are just specials, they're not everything the character has. I can forgive most of his moves unfitting because they're cloned, fine. But not 3 moves. Jigglypuff had a ton of moves from Kirby in the first game. They weren't terribly different from eachother outside of the specials.

So why can't his magic use more than just Energy Balls? Why would he be completely restricted by one game? Also, you're forgetting that he's actually pretty fast in Wind Waker, and was fairly slow in TP. His most common thing is his Sword attacks, not his Energy Balls. He only uses that in one game, and a sword in atleast 3 games. Yes, he needs his sword. But being a slower bruiser is completely within his style. Which he still is in Smash.
What the? I never said anything about choke hold being unfitting (In fact, that is my favorite move with Ganondorf). I just said it myself pages ago. The ONLY moves that shut me down was the dark dive, neutral B and downward B (Not including his FS).

Lets face it, the specials are the ones that reflect the character (And also the playstyle). The standards may seem to be the main meat but in the end, they're just generic punches and kicks that reflect the playstyle of the character. Not the character. Well, some character's standards do reflect themselves but in the end, most character's standards don't. Well, I'm still kinda annoyed about Ganon's standards being sort of like Falcon's, I'm still fine with it I guess. Just a little annoyed. That pretty much added up to my annoyance about Ganondorf being a clone BUT I will agree the playstyle is fitting (But boring though).

Yeah, I already know about the Kirby animations. Lol. Most moves from brawl is a bit or IS recycled from Kirby. It's kinda funny.
Also, let's note that almost every single one for Olimar's moves were made from scratch.
Yeah and the playstyle was fitting and interesting also.

I don't know why you're trying to change my opinion regarding Ganondorf's specials (Except for the murder choke). It's like changing me from a Toad supporter into a Jr. supporter or a Paper M. Supporter (Not that I'm against them).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What the? I never said anything about choke hold being unfitting (In fact, that is my favorite move with Ganondorf). I just said it myself pages ago. The ONLY moves that shut me down was the dark dive, neutral B and downward B (Not including his FS).

Lets face it, the specials are the ones that reflect the character (And also the playstyle). The standards may seem to be the main meat but in the end, they're just generic punches and kicks that reflect the playstyle of the character. Not the character. Well, some character's standards do reflect themselves but in the end, most character's standards don't.

Yeah, I already know about the Kirby animations. Lol. Most moves from brawl is a bit or IS recycled from Kirby. It's kinda funny.
The specials are just the most notable moves.(and not even sometimes) They don't "define the character" completely. They don't really reflect anything. Or even the playstyle. The playstyle is the entire movelist and how it works. To be honest, Dark Dive is the only move that really doesn't fit him in any possible way. It's not a strength-based moves. At most, it's a magical hug attack.(and why would he do that outside of a fanfiction?)

You're being very narrow on how the move lists works, simply put. Ganondorf is a clone because move of his moves are copied from Captain Falcon. If it were only his specials, it wouldn't matter. He'd play completely differently overall. And he already does anyway, so it doesn't matter. He just honestly sucks in Brawl. Which is sad, since he's probably in the top 5 of most overall powerful characters in Nintendo.(Kirby might come close)

Yeah and the playstyle was fitting and interesting also.

I don't know why you're trying to change my opinion regarding Ganondorf's specials (Except for the murder choke). It's like changing me from a Toad supporter into a Jr. supporter or a Paper M. Supporter (Not that I'm against them).
It's only interesting because you say so. Fitting is just as subjective here. What I'm saying is that they're not unfitting at all. Just not something he happens to have used in the game. He also never used anything like a murder choke, so that'd be unfitting too. Hell, none of his moves fit his character by your definition.

The specials are just the most notable moves.(and not even sometimes) They don't "define the character" completely. They don't really reflect anything. Or even the playstyle. The playstyle is the entire movelist and how it works. To be honest, Dark Dive is the only move that really doesn't fit him in any possible way. It's not a strength-based moves. At most, it's a magical hug attack.(and why would he do that outside of a fanfiction?)
Then what's the use of the character if it reminds the fans noting about him (Since the fans want him in the game). Unless these are people thirsting for some unique gameplay.
You're being very narrow on how the move lists works, simply put. Ganondorf is a clone because move of his moves are copied from Captain Falcon. If it were only his specials, it wouldn't matter.
I know this already, once again. I told you again, I'm still annoyed by some moves of Ganon but the playstyle is fitting (Which is good for me). I'm ONLY annoyed by some of his moves. That's all.
He'd play completely differently overall. And he already does anyway, so it doesn't matter. He just honestly sucks in Brawl. Which is sad, since he's probably in the top 5 of most overall powerful characters in Nintendo.(Kirby might come close)
True.
To be honest, Dark Dive is the only move that really doesn't fit him in any possible way. It's not a strength-based moves. At most, it's a magical hug attack.(and why would he do that outside of a fanfiction?)
Lulz :awesome:
It's only interesting because you say so. Fitting is just as subjective here. What I'm saying is that they're not unfitting at all. Just not something he happens to have used in the game. He also never used anything like a murder choke, so that'd be unfitting too. Hell, none of his moves fit his character by your definition.
I was thinking that Murder choke fitting his personality of being dark, powerful, merciless and evil.

Most of his standards are pretty much like "ganon". Well, not the animation but the damage, stats and amount of frames/speed.

The problem is you're not understanding that this is my opinion. It's not like Sakurai or anyone here follows my standards. Then again, I told you that I dislike some of ganon's moves and that's my opinion. That's what matters. Well... It is a fact that ganon is a clone but my opinion is that I don't like it (Well maybe some moves I guess).

Plus, you and I have the same wishes for Ganon in Smash bros. 4 soo, that's what matters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then what's the use of the character if it reminds the fans nothing about him (Since the fans want him in the game). Unless these are people thirsting for some unique gameplay.
They wanted the character. Ganondorf was still the large imposing figure from the series. That never changed. Likewise, you can't play as Ganondorf in any of the games, so who says if a playable version appeared in the Zelda series, he would use his sword and magic? Therefore, "iconic" is really too subjective here. He's only an NPC. You're not fighting as the zelda series version of Ganondorf anyway. You're fighting as the SSB version, which is not guaranteed to be exactly the same. Sonic honestly doesn't play like he does in any of his fighting games, nor the other games he's playable in. Despite having a moveset that technically has his kind of moves. That's why "fitting moves" is too subjective in general.

I know this already, once again. I told you again, I'm still annoyed by some moves of Ganon but the playstyle is fitting (Which is good for me). I'm ONLY annoyed by some of his moves. That's all.

True.

Lulz :awesome:
If his playstyle fits, then he's honestly fine. It's more nitpicking over a few moves. I mean, you're only complaining about 3 moves, but not all his other cloned stuff. I can get behind him having a completely new moveset, but only changing 3 moves is not enough. And that's really the only problem you have... so he'd still play like he always did. A teleport wouldn't change much. A projectile might change a bit, but if he's still slow, one move won't be enough. Wizard's Foot wouldn't have to change anyway. That move was always a good approach option for him in general.

But I think we should move on. I'm not bothered by a few cloned moves in general. It's just too small for me to honestly care. He still fits into Smash, and his overall moveset fits him. That's good enough overall. Like I said, he's just not viable enough.

Trust me here dude but I don't like some character's movesets just because of like... I dunno. 1 or 2 moves or maybe the whole moveset made me facepalm. Lol.

Still, I agree that everyone fits in Smash. I'm just nit picky :awesome::awesome:

Okay, to cut it short: I'm using fitting which is subjective with my opinion is subjective thus everything I posted is subjective which means there's nothing to worry about since it's just my opinion.
But I think we should move on. I'm not bothered by a few cloned moves in general. It's just too small for me to honestly care. He still fits into Smash, and his overall moveset fits him. That's good enough overall. Like I said, he's just not viable enough.
Okay then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Trust me here dude but I don't like some character's movesets just because of like... I dunno. 1 or 2 moves or maybe the whole moveset made me facepalm. Lol.

Still, I agree that everyone fits in Smash. I'm just nit picky :awesome::awesome:
Fair enough. I'm a nitpicker too. I just try to look at the big picture.

Okay then.
It was good debating with you, though.

It was good debating with you, though.
It was about time though I did something other than posting random words which made sense and incredibly objective facts that Phoenix Wright is better than..... Strider :troll:

Okay Tri-Hy, you can come out now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was about time though I did something other than posting random words which made sense and incredibly objective facts that Phoenix Wright is better than..... Strider :troll:
Well, I do find it better to debate than to randomly post. Unless it's a thread where spam/trolling/posts with no content aren't a big deal.

I only like Strider more due to the first MvC game, heh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm waiting to see if there is a super ultra hyper mega edition MVC 3

-

I still think the trident is one of Ganon's most iconic things. Even if Ganondorf himself has never weilded it outside of his Phantom form

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Okay Tri-Hy, you can come out now
O.K. I'm here. What is it?

The thread was at its prime at around page 1226 to 1236
Agreed. It was the most/only work some of you had ever done on this thread.

I gotta respect the effort you all put forth to learn another language and to scare away any mods from touching this thread again.

O.K. I'm here. What is it?

Agreed. It was the most/only work some of you had ever done on this thread.

I gotta respect the effort you all put forth to learn another language and to scare away any mods from touching this thread again.
I was getting creeped out to why you were so silent

YEAH. I learned derpinese and japanese now a little. Trust me though, I did more work in the past than in the present actually mainly because no one is against Toad anymore or no one is saying, "HE'Z A MOVESET SO HE CAN'T GET IN".
Hehe, broserker reminds me of me when I'm in the mood of debating. :awesome:

:phone:
Since when did you ever debate? :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was getting creeped out to why you were so silent

YEAH. I learned derpinese and japanese now a little. Trust me though, I did more work in the past than in the present actually mainly because no one is against Toad anymore or no one is saying, "HE'Z A MOVESET SO HE CAN'T GET IN".

Since when did you ever debate? :troll:
HE'Z A MOVESET SO HE CAN'T GET IN!
:troll:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I brought this up a few pages back, but it was at the end of the page and in the middle of another debate. It got kind of passed over. Any positive or negative opinions on Zip as a ssb4 character? What about a Fling Smash stage?

I'd like to bring up the idea of Zip as a playable character for SSB4.

Zip is the main protagonist in Fling Smash. Fling Smash is a brand new Nintendo franchise, it was released earlier in the year bundled with a Remote Plus. Fling Smash is essentially a block breaking game and a side scrolling platformer rolled into one. I see Zip as a very unique character. He would be a very good aerial character, with very powerful aerial smash attacks. He wouldn't be as effective on the ground. Possibly a very fast character in the air, while one of the slower characters while on the ground. There is a lot of potential for a unique character and move set here. He even has a metal form in his game, so that could fit in seamlessly. Pip, the female character in the game and also a playable option could be an alternate costume in the game.

Here' s a gameplay/review video to give a better idea on the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46yWC_cd6Q

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmmm....I wonder which AT would actually have a good shot at it other than the ones we know?

So far...

Little Mac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK?

Personally it should be Ray MK or Gray Fox. :awesome:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I think Jill from Drill Dozer would be an interesting character to see playable from assist trophy. But I know that chances of that are extremely slim sadly.

OmegaXXII

Jill seems like fun, Lyn from Fire Emblem as well, I wonder which FE AT we'll get this time around, I hope it's Ashnard at least if he doesn't get a Adventure Mode appearance.

BTW...Waluigi and Tingle should stay AT. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmmm....I wonder which AT would actually have a good shot at it other than the ones we know?

So far...

Little Mac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK?

Personally it should be Ray MK or Gray Fox. :awesome:

I say Saki and Ray MK have the best chances, honestly. The first two are interesting, but I don't see them having a moveset that doesn't feel kind of meh.

As for Gray Fox, I'd rather have no extra 3rd slots for the same series. If it's a different series from the same company, I'm okay with it. Simon Belmont for Smash!

hav0k

Smash Rookie
Little Mac, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, and Shadow would all make nice additions to the roster. It just depends on who they decide to choose, I guess.

OmegaXXII

Oh yes, Samurai Goroh is the second most probable aside from Little Mac, yes, I could see him added as well, although I do prefer Black Shadow instead because of his antagonistic role in Gx.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like Omega is a robot who spouts randoms words to try to lead us off his trail, but it only makes us question his humanity even more.

Honestly, how would a small, heavy character play?... Jill would definitely be heavy. I can see Junior being a small heavy character as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like Omega is a robot who spouts randoms words to try to lead us off his trail, but it only makes us question his humanity even more.

Honestly, how would a small, heavy character play?... Jill would definitely be heavy. I can see Junior being a small heavy character as well.
It actually makes me wonder if they're easy to balance. Then again, how does any small character play with a Metal Box?

I'd think they'd be fast and hard hitting, but have horrible recovery to make up for it. And perhaps not very damaging attacks(but powerful via knockback).

He's just doing that to get more post counts.

I mean... Look at his post count. 20K posts. Lol.
Wasn't it proven that Jr. is a medium weight as said in Mario Kart Wii and Sports Mix? He's probably as heavy as Mario.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah he could be. But that's besides the point. Jill is a freaking drill, she HAS to be heavier than Samus. I honestly think she would play SO COOL.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HMMM. Drill is close enough to chainsaw, I suppose. COOL.

Also I'm going to agree with ChronoBound that Paper Mario isn't clone material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom