• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

SSB5 will have to include such bottom-of-the-barrel characters that speculation would be ridiculous. Oh well, it'll be ages until then.
Which by then, the fan base (which is already ****) will have completely collapsed in quality.

I sincerely do think that SSB4 will be the last game that won't feel like an expansion of the previous game. SSB5 and on, they will struggle with adding new things to the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let's all just lay down until Sm4sh comes out since we just can't know anything.

THAT IS AN AWFUL LAUGH SHORTIE.
We're now getting Karen over Megaman. Her reveal video:

ohaHAHAHA!:awesome:ohaHAHAHA!:awesome:ohaHAHAHA!:awesome:

For three minutes straight. Then at the very end, in bold letters it just says "SONIC IS NOT RETURNING"

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS 4

*video ends*

[COLLAPSE="Street Fighter x Tekken"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Yes, I see, it's really not a " stupid" idea as he implied, why wouldn't Nintendo benifit from it? If anything it would be stupid not to do it since they would be missing out on extra revenue.
*Points to my Naruto post*
*Points to my previous posts*

You just aren't readin what I'm saying. It's not DLC that's a bad idea, it's how you're treating it, and how you're acting like it is pretty much a shoe in that is stupid.

Exactly. Sony does it. Microsoft does it. Why shouldn't Nintendo?
*Points to my previous posts* Seriously did you read ANYTHING I said?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Lol at people being so hard headed, you are either being biased against an idea or...simply not being open minded, I won't say who but.....yeah. :awesome:

:phone:
Ta bueno mi vidia
Nah but Omg im with brawl players when im the only pure melee player here
Haters gonna hate;D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie
I'm gonna drop the discussion. I've said enough.
I think it's the other way around, you're just not listening.

Weird. During the Waluigi debate I could have said the same thing about most people here.
Defending Waluigi is a losing battle, but at least you did it properly, well....the best way possible. (Still, he's a bad idea)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lol at people being so hard headed, you are either being biased against an idea or...simply not being open minded, I won't say who but.....yeah. :awesome:

Weird. During the Waluigi debate I could have said the same thing about most people here. :glare:

Anyway DLC would be nice just as long as it's not as it doesn't get out of hand like how Capcom handles it.

Still based on Nintendo's track record I'm not going to hold my breath. But I will admit with Sakurai stating that he always stresses over Smash, I wouldn't be surprised if he took advantage of it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Which by then, the fan base (which is already ****) will have completely collapsed in quality.

I sincerely do think that SSB4 will be the last game that won't feel like an expansion of the previous game. SSB5 and on, they will struggle with adding new things to the game.
At some point, Sakurai won't work on it anymore, it will be given to a third-party to develop, there will be a lot of cuts, and they'll tack on some crappy new art style.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At some point, Sakurai won't work on it anymore, it will be given to a third-party to develop, there will be a lot of cuts, and they'll tack on some crappy new art style.
You have more faith in Nintendo than that don't you Oasis? WHY ARE WE AT ODDS!?

But seriously, there has to be someone at Nintendo who can take over for Sakurai. Maybe someone who worked heavily on two of the Smash games? (Melee and 4 please) I just don't see a third party developing it. I mean, I think that would be SILLY in some respects.

D

Deleted member

I'm suspecting it will happen with SSB5 (although not with a third-party developer) since Sakurai will be so stressed out that he will truly never again make a Smash Bros. game.

When that day comes, if I am still around to speculate on Super Smash Bros. (which may or may not happen), I am not going to expect anything but a decrease in the roster.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Defending Waluigi is a losing battle, but at least you did it properly, well....the best way possible. (Still, he's a bad idea)
Meh, I don't think he's a losing battle just yet as there is still some support towards his inclusion. However, I am starting to side with Toise that there may be no new Mario rep, which is a bummer as I really want PM. :p

However, for some strange reason I still have a feeling somewhere deep inside and it's telling me: It's Waluigi time. :facepalm:

Sounds about right. But at least Sakurai through his new developers (the balance ones) is trying to pass the Smash torch to some extent.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wow I missed a good amount in like..30 minutes? Oh well. Whatever I do regarding the game and threads like this, i'll most likely be back after the game releases and settles in with everyone.

This may have been said before but about tripping, have people been using an aerial approach to their opponents to avoid stumbling? I've realized that I generally use airborne attacks with my characters and its pretty lucky that Diddy has SideB to propel him. Because of that I've hardly tripped.

I'm wondering if anyone else uses airborne tactics to prevent the risk of tripping. I know many characters don't have the air speed to ignore the ground, but still. :/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You have more faith in Nintendo than that don't you Oasis? WHY ARE WE AT ODDS!?

But seriously, there has to be someone at Nintendo who can take over for Sakurai. Maybe someone who worked heavily on two of the Smash games? (Melee and 4 please)

I just don't see a third party developing it. I mean, I think that would be SILLY.
WELL, I WASN'T COMPLETELY SERIOUS. I mean, Nintendo shows a RIDICULOUS amount of love for the series. I think they built a whole studio just for Brawl? Incidentally, that kind of love, THE KIND THAT INVOLVES BUNCHES OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE WORKING TOGETHER (NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO NINTENDO AND SORA), is what makes DLC seem like such a difficult thing to achieve. Getting all those people together again just for the sake of creating a $10 pack of stages/characters/items that most people won't even care about seems... dumb.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
@Nine
That "Universe" thing was fake.
Not necessarily. "I’m currently concentrating on one title, Kid Icarus. Until this wraps up, Smash Bros. will not progress. Of course, characters have not been decided at all."

Sakurai didn't really denounce it as fake. All that was was a sheet passed around to staff members and they put their ideas on it and gave it back. It's possible the sheet was real.

WELL, I WASN'T COMPLETELY SERIOUS. I mean, Nintendo shows a RIDICULOUS amount of love for the series. I think they built a whole studio just for Brawl? Incidentally, that kind of love, THE KIND THAT INVOLVES BUNCHES OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE WORKING TOGETHER (NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO NINTENDO AND SORA), is what makes DLC seem like such a difficult thing to achieve. Getting all those people together again just for the sake of creating a $10 pack of stages/characters/items that most people won't even care about seems... dumb.
Um, didn't most people want DLC for Brawl? And aren't the Wii U and 3DS supposed to put more emphasis on DLC? Doesn't Nintendo like money?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Um, didn't most people want DLC for Brawl? And aren't the Wii U and 3DS supposed to put more emphasis on DLC? Doesn't Nintendo like money?
Look back two or three pages, literally been there, done that. Don't hold your breath.

I actually don't ever recall DLC being any sort of "emphasis", but it will probably be more prevalent with 3rd party developers at least. Like --- said, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thing is, they said the kind of DLC they're interested in is top quality stuff that wouldn't be on-disc.

That would probably be a difficult thing to achieve since Smash requires resources from so many different people. Different companies, rather. Competitive fighters can get away with it since they have a big, dedicated base. Though MvC is probably the only good comparison for this, and they only had two DLC characters that were already on the disc. BUT LIKE, how many people who bought Brawl would even know who someone like STARFY is, much less care enough buy it? Most people probably bought it looking for their Marios Links and Pikachus, but I doubt any character left to add as DLC would get a lot of people's attention.

THEN AGAIN, just being "NEW CONTENT" is marketable enough.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I actually feel like going back on my 'word' now XD. The speculation sounds like it'll be fun. Must. Resist...
It's fun. Just don't be too serious. Your 99% likely to just be wrong in the end.

SSB5, I dunno. Chu, Toise, Star, whoever was here for Pre/Post Brawl, did you expect to be around THIS LONG?
I figured I would just stop coming as the discussion get less and less interesting, but the hype kind of brought me back. I'm hoping that some interesting discussion does bloom because it's kind of the same now. I wasn't around for the Melee hype so Brawl was really my first time at the rodeo and it kind of sounds the same the second time. But there will be interesting personalities I'm sure.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Especially with one guypeople suggesting Sheriff.
Did Chu even bring him up here? He did in the Smash 4 discussion group, but did he here? This place is dead. I know how to clear a room.

You know how everyone wants to make out with Takamaru? WHY? He's such a random pick, I mean there's a single quote from that one time once. I just don't see the appeal. Even more so, I don't see the REASONING behind him. Is it seriously that single quote? I mean, you like Mach Rider, I like Donkey Kong Jr because I am a total sucker for him, but why does everyone else like TAKAMARU?

His name hurts my throat. I just don't see the appeal. Enlighten me Oasis_Shorts.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aside from that one quote, I think Takamaru's still really popular in Japan? Plus his recent cameos help his case.

Personally, I want him because I think his stage would be amazing, and I would like to have Link, Takamaru, Samus, and Pit all together. Since everyone here loves stupid names, we'll call them the FDS Four.

It's just with retro characters like him, there's not a lot to go off of, so seeing the tiniest hint of interest by Sakurai skyrockets them up in likelihood APPARENTLY. I MEAN, we're probably going to get at least one so... anything helps with our guesses?

@SHERIFF: YEP. I just think it's funny that SmashChu said he's going to go against conventional wisdom, yet turns around and says "WELP. WE GOT G&W AND ROB, SO I GUESS THAT MEANS SHERIFF." Accepting the pattern instead of thinking why it exists! FOR SHAME!

And everyone loves Mach Rider, they just don't know it yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess. I just think we're balls wrong. I WISH Sakurai left a trophy "hint" like he did with Pit. Wait, do we know if any retros got Brawl trophies??

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pit was a popular choice, I can't think of very many retros with that going for them

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess. I just think we're balls wrong. I WISH Sakurai left a trophy "hint" like he did with Pit. Wait, do we know if any retros got Brawl trophies??
Only the ones that were also Assist Trophies. Also, I think Pit's "hint" was more of a reference to him not getting another game, which he's apparently infamous for. I'm not sure if that sentiment existed then as it does now though (or well, pre-Uprising).

...Looking at the Brawl trophies, I wonder when we'll see more people supporting Ashely Robbins, Kyle Hyde, Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, Warrior Mech Gauss, Jill Dozer, and MOKKA. Y'know, only BECAUSE they were trophies.

I guess I'm already a Chibi-Robo supporter~

ALL THIS RETRO TALK MAKES ME BUMMED ABOUT SUKAPON, YET HOPEFUL FOR MACH RIDER.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sukapon ain't too bad. But I think there are far more interesting choices for retro characters in personality, design, movesets, backstory, stages, and music. Far better.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
shorts the stubborn said:
*Points to my Naruto post*
*Points to my previous posts*

You just aren't readin what I'm saying. It's not DLC that's a bad idea, it's how you're treating it, and how you're acting like it is pretty much a shoe in that is stupid.
How so? Please elaborate on your part, Naruto has nothing to so with DLC at all, you are just adding stuff just to make it look like a bad idea, and for the record, I never said it was a shoe-in idea, just a big possibility is all.

You are not even being realistic with the idea, you're being childish about cuz you don't like it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just got to thinking, out of the characters that were existing at the time of Melee, how many playable characters in Brawl had Melee trophies?

Also, MOKKA? WHY? It makes no sense to me. He isn't the main character of Magical Starsign!

How so? Please elaborate on your part, Naruto has nothing to so with DLC at all, you are just adding stuff just to make it look like a bad idea, and for the record, I never said it was a shoe-in idea, just a big possibility is all.

You are not even being realistic with the idea, you're being childish about cuz you don't like it.
I already elaborated on my part, the only one being childish is you. Now, you will never admit it, but you playing the DLC fairy is about as childish as it comes. I've already said a million times it's not the idea that I don't like, it's how you're presenting it and YES, you're acting like it's a shoe in, and NO it's not a big possibility, it's just something to consider at some point. I've pointed out, HECK even Oasis pointed out reasons why you shouldn't expect DLC, yet you decide to just ask for more proof. No, you can be a big boy and go back and actually READ what I said, and apply it to your points and see how my rebuttles match up to all your points.

Really, the only one being childish here was you, and Swayne a tad for being a baby about it.

Omega, if you want to debate fine. But that requires you to bring up rebuttles to my points, not just ignoring them and asking for more.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The thing with DLC is that in today's age of video games, it seems like the inevitable route for Smash 4 to go. It's very possible that Smash 4 will have DLC characters, music and even stages. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will. While I love the idea of a Smash game with DLC, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for it until Nintendo themselves (and Sakurai) confirms that they plan to add DLC at some point. Until then, we really shouldn't talk about DLC at the moment, except speculate whether there will be plans for DLC, and not really what the DLC will contain.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just got to thinking, out of the characters that were existing at the time of Melee, how many playable characters in Brawl had Melee trophies?

Also, MOKKA? WHY? It makes no sense to me. He isn't the main character of Magical Starsign!
I'unno, why Tom Nook or the Hunting Dog? :troll:

AAAND Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Dedede, Olimar, Squirtle, and Charizard had trophies. :I

Shinhed, you WOUND me.

OmegaXXII

The thing with DLC is that in today's age of video games, it seems like the inevitable route for Smash 4 to go. It's very possible that Smash 4 will have DLC characters, music and even stages. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will. While I love the idea of a Smash game with DLC, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for it until Nintendo themselves (and Sakurai) confirms that they plan to add DLC at some point. Until then, we really shouldn't talk about DLC at the moment, except speculate whether there will be plans for DLC, and not really what the DLC will contain.
Thank you, at least somebody is thinking, but if you want, take a look at that article I provided, the revision part.

@shorts: Ill get to you in a sec.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'unno, why Tom Nook or the Hunting Dog? :troll:

AAAND Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Dedede, Olimar, Squirtle, and Charizard had trophies. :I

Shinhed, you WOUND me.
Wolf appeared in Melee. I dunno, I think 40% of the newcomers have probably appeared in brawl (not including stickers)

@Omega. I just frankly don't give a ****. You annoy the crap out of me, that's that, and I don't care anymore. Just, don't, care.

@Sol, anyone can say "This is what Nintendo should do, it's a good idea, it would please fans ect" about really any topic, but me taking Nintendo's habits into consideration means more than something you can argue for any subject.

Basically, you already said what Omega said, he just had an article that he thought proved his point, but only furthered mine.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Obsidian showed with New Vegas it is possible to have meaningful DLC. The trick was they did the DLC as small expansion packs rather than the traditional nickle and diming. NoJ (Not NoA, because I haven't been able to trust them for the last 3 months) is one of the few companies that I could see take this route (esp with Iwata's comments).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Sol, anyone can say "This is what Nintendo should do, it's a good idea, it would please fans ect" about really any topic, but me taking Nintendo's habits into consideration means more than something you can argue for any subject.
Yeah, and that's the thing, even though Nintendo should do it, and it would be a logical thing to do that would also be great for the game (and business) in the long run, I also know of Nintendo's habits, and have taken that into consideration. Yeah, Iwata and Miyamoto have mentioned an interest in 3DS/Wii U DLC, but again, if Nintendo doesn't mention anything about Smash 4 DLC, I will just assume they won't do it.

Again, it's nice to hope, but that's all people can do. Also, discussing DLC when the game hasn't even started development seems pointless as well, seeing as the purpose of DLC is to add something to a finished product for longevity reasons, and there's nothing to add if there hasn't been anything developed, much less finished.

I'm not saying "Smash 4 will have DLC", or "Nintendo has to have DLC". What I am saying is that Smash 4 could very well be a game that can and might very well have DLC, should Nintendo hop on the DLC bandwagon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, so I'm annoying eh? A Mecha 2.0?

The day you stop subjectively arguing and start using something with substance behind it is the day you become less annoying, and gain some respect as a quality speculator, until then, you're just as faceless to me as the run of the mill newcomers around here.

No, because you've been annoying people since '06. Mecha is just rude. You're just... annoying.

How am I annoying, we are simply debating and you get all upset?
You can't debate, let's just stop that right there. You just pretend to listen and then say, "But still, it could happen". You don't engage my arguments, you simply ignore them.

For shame, chill out dude, don't get like Mecha now.

It didn't further your point, I honestly read what you had to say, I saw no such thing were it said Iwata wouldn't consider it for it's games (Nintendo games)

Huh?

Well, I like ya, but it's that attitude that worries me.
I'm the only one who finds this obnoxious?

ANYWAYS, I'm ending this HERE. Because I no wanna get in trouble.

OmegaXXII

How am I annoying, we are simply debating and you get all upset?

For shame, chill out dude, don't get like Mecha now. It's just speculation, this isn't the development room, you're acting to strict and serious, you are nobody to think you can look down at people, you aren't a MOD.

It didn't further your point, I honestly read what you had to say, I saw no such thing were it said Iwata wouldn't consider it for it's games (Nintendo games)

Huh?

Well, I like ya, but it's that attitude that worries me. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom