• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yup, Y.Link definetly has more chance since he's relevant, but Toon Link is still very much important to the series and CANNOT be ignored just yet, same goes for Y.Link.

:phone:
That has to do with the series, king. I'm talking about a FIGHT. Young Link can kick Toon Link :awesome: The joke's on the chibi, now!
Toon Link: At least I have a Hyrule Sheild!
Y.Link: At least I can...
*kicks TL's shin*
Toon Link: GAH

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, but again. It's not really an issue. To me, Brawl's Pikachu is the same one from the original Smash; no matter what type of headgear it's wearing.
Yup, I always thought that the Pikachu from Brawl has always been the same Pikachu throughout Smash, I'm sure that was the developers intention, by coincedense they just added the Pichu's goggles who was cut to Pikachu since maybe it was a cute little accessory, I dunno.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yup, I always thought that the Pikachu from Brawl has always been the same Pikachu throughout Smash, I'm sure that was the developers intention, by coincedense they just added the Pichu's goggles who was cut to Pikachu since maybe it was a cute little accessory, I dunno.

What if, out of irony, Raichu comes in SSB4, and it's actually the Pichu from Melee O_o
And what if Y.Link is a villan this time around, plotting his revenge? ಠnಠ Come at him!

OmegaXXII

That has to do with the series, king. I'm talking about a FIGHT. Young Link can kick Toon Link :awesome: The joke's on the chibi, now!
Toon Link: At least I have a Hyrule Sheild!
Y.Link: At least I can...
*kicks TL's shin*
Toon Link: GAH
Haha, looks like Toon Link should get trolled by Y.Link then, Y.Link should say:

"I'm realistic looking, you aren't therefore you shouldn't exists!!" :p

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Like pokemon in general, this Pikachu situation has too many possibilities XD. Luckily with 3/5 of those cut characters, they can easily be brought back as alts. I'm cool with alts as long as the character is generally the same person. All Pikachus start off as Pichus, Link is reborn so many times and Mario differs from Dr. Mario mostly in appearance. It wouldn't be a big problem imo.

EDIT:
@ SwayneGang: Those differences are minor, because Link is primarily a sword (and tool) user, while his clones are as well. Dr. Mario and Ganondorf differ from Mario and Falcon, but they're still clones.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
There are some differences between Young Link and Toon Link:

- Young Link's arrows have flame effects; Toon Link's, for some reason, travel slower
- Young Link, being a "clone," used kicks; Toon Link does not

OmegaXXII

What if, out of irony, Raichu comes in SSB4, and it's actually the Pichu from Melee O_o
And what if Y.Link is a villan this time around, plotting his revenge? ಠnಠ Come at him!
Wow, Raichu in Smash?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!!!!

That would be coolamundo!!! :bee:

and Y.Link would appear in a hooded black cloak with an intention to get rid of Toon Link, epic battle begin!!!'

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There are some differences between Young Link and Toon Link:

- Young Link's arrows have flame effects; Toon Link's, for some reason, travel slower
- Young Link, being a "clone," used kicks; Toon Link does not
Ok, I can counter that. TL is no different from Link. His kick is using his sword, which doesn't do much difference of damage or knockback. And TL was from Brawl, when Mr. Sakurai realized clones are boring (Fox and Falco are different -_-). Y.Link can be modified. He has items that he could only use on OoT, such as the stick or slingshot. Give me a few days and I'll show you an awesome moveset, involving his awesome sword...
Pretty much, there are differences, but very very few.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I can counter that. TL is no different from Link. His kick is using his sword, which doesn't do much difference of damage or knockback. And TL was from Brawl, when Mr. Sakurai realized clones are boring (Fox and Falco are different -_-). Y.Link can be modified. He has items that he could only use on OoT, such as the stick or slingshot. Give me a few days and I'll show you an awesome moveset, involving his awesome sword...
Pretty much, there are differences, but very very few.

Whoa. No harm meant. Just stating a couple things I've noticed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Are you kidding me? You are definetly NOT thinking straight, first of all Nintendo will definetly do DLC content on it's own games, don't believe me, look at THIS HERE, you are obviously against the idea but the fact of the matter is, why wouldn't Nintendo do DLC on one of it's biggest, best selling titles of all time? If you ask me, Smash is the perfect game to incorporate DLC, why? Because it offers extra stuff such as costumes, music, and possibly characters and stages and that my friend would reel in lots of money since it also happens to be a major selling game, plus it gives the ability to add content that would otherwise never be included during launch date.

My question to you is, why wouldn't Nintendo take advantage of such a feature that Iwata clearly shows interest in doing? Why wouldn't it be suggested to Sakurai at all? I ask you this.

I love how you site a source that says "HOWEVER, Nintendo will be selective in it's own use"

Why wouldn't they? Because they don't NEED to, and that quote right there shows Nintendo isn't Capcom, when they feel a game is finished, they release it and don't milk your money. That's what Nintendo is all about. Affordability. You can't say the same for when the PS3 originally came out.

So, like I said STOP. You don't know if DLC is going to be for smash, and it's silly that you've ignorantly pranced around saying "You get to be DLC, and you do! OH! And you!"

When you have no idea if the game will have DLC.

Nintendo releases games when they're finished. Not the least bit sooner. Look at Uprising. I'm voting a no go on downloadable characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love how you site a source that says "HOWEVER, Nintendo will be selective in it's own use"

Why wouldn't they? Because they don't NEED to, and that quote right there shows Nintendo isn't Capcom, when they feel a game is finished, they release it and don't milk your money. That's what Nintendo is all about. Afforability. You can't say the same for when the PS3 originally came out.

So, like I said STOP. You don't know if DLC is going to be for smash, and it's silly that you've ignorantly pranced around saying "You get to be DLC, and you do! OH! And you!"

Nintendo releases games when they're finished. Not the least bit sooner. Look at Uprising. I'm voting a no go on downloadable characters.
Actually, King is from the future. He DOES know :troll:

OmegaXXII

Night is good, just take a spoonful of Mewtwo's milk with his spoon. ;D

I'll wait for your version of it as well.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You don't know if DLC is going to be for smash, and it's silly that you've ignorantly pranced around saying "You get to be DLC, and you do! OH! And you!"

Shortie, that's just it. We DON'T know. All Omega's saying is if (I repeat, IF) the next Smash Bros. game supports DLC, he'd like to see those characters as DLC. And I agree with him. If any character from Brawl gets cut, or if any Melee character is overlooked again, then they SHOULD be released as DLC to commemorate the history of Smash Bros.

End of story. Bye Bye. See ya later.:)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So, when the SSB4 info starts flowing, will you guys be on this site speculating every detail? I've learned that I enjoy games more based on the less I know of it before playing. Brawl was an exception; I enjoyed playing it for years despite reading almost all the updates before Sakurai officially spoiled the secret stuff, but that doesn't apply to every game. I'm gonna ignore Smash 4 as best I can after seeing the official trailer, but until then, I'll speculate on thes 'what-ifs'.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie, that's just it. We DON'T know. All Omega's saying is if (I repeat, IF) the next Smash Bros. game supports DLC, he'd like to see those characters as DLC. And I agree with him. If any character from Brawl gets cut, or if any Melee character is overlooked again, then they SHOULD be released as DLC to commemorate the history of Smash Bros.

End of story. Bye Bye. See ya later.:)
Okay, I'll play along too. Naruto for Smash. You don't know if Sakurai will change his mind or not? Besides, Naruto is one of the most popular Manga worldwide. If anything, adding him as a character will give the sales that much more of a boost. If Nintendo is smart then they WILL add Naruto.

There's a difference between saying "DLC would be a good idea" and repeatedly suggesting any character that isn't the greatest choice should be "Maybe DLC?". I too can suggest stupid things. The problem is, a lot of what you guys post is just stupid or off topic.

End of story. Bye Bye. See you later :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So, when the SSB4 info starts flowing, will you guys be on this site speculating every detail? I've learned that I enjoy games more based on the less I know of it before playing. Brawl was an exception; I enjoyed playing it for years despite reading almost all the updates before Sakurai officially spoiled the secret stuff, but that doesn't apply to every game. I'm gonna ignore Smash 4 as best I can after seeing the official trailer, but until then, I'll speculate on thes 'what-ifs'.
I'll probably be here more. It will be very exciting to see what's going on. I'm kind of like Chronobound in thinking it will be quite a long time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Okay, I'll play along too. Naruto for Smash. You don't know if Sakurai will change his mind or not? Besides, Naruto is one of the most popular Manga worldwide. If anything, adding him as a character will give the sales that much more of a boost. If Nintendo is smart then they WILL add Naruto.
I dunno, One Piece is more popular in Japan and has better sales. One thing's for sure, Goku wouldn't get in since he isn't relevant.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman

There's a difference between saying "DLC would be a good idea" and repeatedly suggesting any character that isn't the greatest choice should be "Maybe DLC?". I too can suggest stupid things. The problem is, a lot of what you guys post is just stupid or off topic.

End of story. Bye Bye. See you later :)
*sigh* I was just trying to clear things up.

So, when the SSB4 info starts flowing, will you guys be on this site speculating every detail? I've learned that I enjoy games more based on the less I know of it before playing. Brawl was an exception; I enjoyed playing it for years despite reading almost all the updates before Sakurai officially spoiled the secret stuff, but that doesn't apply to every game. I'm gonna ignore Smash 4 as best I can after seeing the official trailer, but until then, I'll speculate on these 'what-ifs'.
If possible, I'm gonna see if I can have someone give me the unlocking requirements of characters and stages. I'd know what to do to unlock them, but I wouldn't know what I'd get. Now that'd be fun to do.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll probably be here more. It will be very exciting to see what's going on. I'm kind of like Chronobound in thinking it will be quite a long time.
I actually don't mind DOJO!! seeing as Chu was right, they really didn't spoil much. On top of that, what "ruined" the suprise for ME wasn't the DOJO, it was me watching all the SSE and character leaks when the game released in Japan before here.

I'll be around here until the day it's released, then I'll unlock everything and come back....maybe. I don't know if I'll be up for SSB5 speculation.

I dunno, One Piece is more popular in Japan and has better sales. One thing's for sure, Goku wouldn't get in since he isn't relevant.
Popular in Japan you say!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Garunteed then. Oh Sakurai, you think you're sly.

*Does SFA Karen laugh*

ohaHAHAHA!
:awesome:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sometimes I find that speculation is funner then getting the actual game itself. A good example being Brawl hype compared to people's reactions to Brawl. :laugh:

Anyway we've built up quite a community here, so it feels great to be a central member of it and it's finally given me at least some reputation here on SWF. So yes I do hope to continue speculating.

As for every last detail though, no way on earth could anyone do that! Maybe Omega... :laugh:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I find that speculation is funner then getting the actual game itself. A good example being Brawl hype compared to people's reactions to Brawl. :laugh:

Anyway we've built up quite a community here, so it feels great to be a central member of it and it's finally given me at least some reputation here on SWF. So yes I do hope to continue speculating.

As for every last detail though, no way on earth could anyone do that! Maybe Omega... :laugh:
Just leave Shortie and MechaWave out of it....

D

Deleted member

I'm awaiting when we even get information that might affect SSB4's content. Hopefully sooner then later. But it'll be more fun once that arrives.

As for me being up for SSB5, it depends on if the roster satisfies me or not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I actually feel like going back on my 'word' now XD. The speculation sounds like it'll be fun. Must. Resist...
Maybe the SSB4 discussion group will be back in swing by then. Right now it's pretty dead, and we can't add any new members because.... Spydr is never here.

Just leave Shortie and MechaWave out of it....
Toise told me to "Toughen up" a long while back. I now pass this knowledge on to you.

As for me being up for SSB5, it depends on if the roster satisfies me or not.
SSB5, I dunno. Chu, Toise, Star, whoever was here for Pre/Post Brawl, did you expect to be around THIS LONG?

SSB5 will have to include such bottom-of-the-barrel characters that speculation would be ridiculous. Oh well, it'll be ages until then.
WELL, it would probably be more Small franchises. Basically, that's probably what it would be made up of, and ....Dixie kong? Or Bowser Jr? Krystal might see the light of day then.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SSB5 will have to include such bottom-of-the-barrel characters that speculation would be ridiculous. Oh well, it'll be ages until then.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
There may not be a SSB5. This may be the last two games of the series. You never know.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Let's all just lay down until Sm4sh comes out since we just can't know anything.

THAT IS AN AWFUL LAUGH SHORTIE.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Omg its been a while guys lol I rly cant stop thinking about smash bros wiiU. I get worried a lot of times or ill get hype as ****. Im worried itll be like brawl but im also hype for a chance that itll be like melee. Im sure itll be different than both but i hope itll be technical and very competitive. So no has heard of any recent news besides the "super smash brothers Universe" rumor which is probably fake but possible

OmegaXXII

Lol at people being so hard headed, you are either being biased against an idea or...simply not being open minded, I won't say who but.....yeah. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Yes, I see, it's really not a " stupid" idea as he implied, why wouldn't Nintendo benifit from it? If anything it would be stupid not to do it since they would be missing out on extra revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom