• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh goody retro lists! :D

1.- Mike (StarTropics)
2.- Takamaru
3.- Duck Hunt Dog
4.- Mach Rider
5.- Fighter Hayabusa (doubtful, inspired on a real person)
6.- Alice (Balloon Kid)
7.- Lip
8.- Sukapon

TheFel9

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, former lurker here just decided to join up a week ago.
Been on this board for quite some time (pre-brawl) and I've been closely monotoring this thread since it's birth.
I've avoided making any comments on purpose, preferring to hear others opinions before voicing my own.
I've tired of this however and wants to share my thoughts with you guys here.

I thought about starting with my dream roster but I don't really want to post it if no one comments on it. It does have some choices which could be considered controversial if that is of any interest.

So, does anybody want to see my dream roster for SSB?

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: If you want to see real game rage, just take off third-parties from SSB4. Nothing would be more hilarious then the back lash that would ensue from Sonic's removal.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Even then, Banjo would probably be restricted to the 3DS.
I doubt it, considering the 3DS is supposed to have compatibility with the Wii U version. That, and Sakurai wants to implement a system where you can raise a character on the 3DS, and transfer said character to the Wii U, hence my level up theory. In short, either have Banjo in both versions, or not at all.
well considering she's been confirmed for Mario Kart 7 after having appeared in MKW too, this might get her chances of appearing in spinoffs higher
Rosalina's confirmed for Mario Kart 7? This news pleases me. I mained her (and Daisy/B. Daisy) in Wii, so I'm gonna main her in MK7 as well now. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Been on this board for quite some time (pre-brawl) and I've been closely monotoring this thread since it's birth.
I've avoided making any comments on purpose, preferring to hear others opinions before voicing my own.

I thought about starting with my dream roster but I don't really want to post it if no one comments on it. It does have some choices which could be considered controversial if that is of any interest.

Sure, go for it!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

As long as it's within reason. I mean, putting Naruto, Inuyasha, Cloud, Sephiroth, or other characters that'd be way off of the paradigm would be... well, not so wise.

TheFel9

Smash Rookie
Oh, you don't have to worry about anime characters. That's not quite what I meant by "controversial". :)

My dream roster will be up in a few hours, need to get a hold of a different computer first. It's not anything spectacular but I need to get it of my chest and I think it would be a fun discussion (for me anyway:))

@SubparSmashBrother Oh, you. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@TheFel9- Go for it, dude!

This thread is becoming nothing but flame wars, music suggestions, and Mach Rider and Pokemon discussions.

So we need a change-up hehe. :laugh:

You can provide that for us! :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
There isn't lol but we do so pretty much everyday now, along with all the other stuffz that I mentioned. 'Tis only a pattern I noticed, is all.

RBF241

Smash Rookie
I would love it if this guy is a playable character:

From the Nintendo NES game 'Pro Wrestling' for those who don't know.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if this guy is a playable character:

From the Nintendo NES game 'Pro Wrestling' for those who don't know.
I did a partial moveset for Starman actually

A: A quick punch, does not naturally combo, used mainly to set up on foes
right tilt: pulls opponent and throws them behind him
right smash: Preforms a Scissor Kick, grabing the foe in it and launching them against the ground if they are hit at the start of the execution.
down tilt: Headbutt
Down smash: Stomp
Up tilt: Grabs foe and Suplexs
Up Smash: Somersault Kick

Dash A: Body slam

Grab:
Do I REALLY need to explain how these would work?

Bair
NAir: Canonball
Fair: Flying kick
Dair: Big splash
Uair

Neutral b: Eye poke: Star man pokes forward. Opponents facing Starman that are hit are dazed.
Right B: Rope launch: Ropes appear in the direction faced. These last for a small amount time and can be used either to recover, gain speed, or combo an opponent.
Down B: Pin: Starman grabs the opponent and pins him. A ref appears and begins counting down. If the foe does not escape (same method of escape as a grab) they lose a stock
Up B: Spinning piledriver.
His win pose is obvious.

I want Alexandra to appear in this game. She's cool, even if no one has heard of her.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, I noticed your Spoil Troll's acting up today :)
I'm slowly becoming Troll Diviner. :troll:

But, seeing as I need to leave for all-you-can-eat sushi in a couple of minutes, I may revert to normal by the time I return. lol.

Also, here's an interesting thing to think about: what about Popeye? I mean, he was originally supposed to be Nintendo's flagship character before they lost their rights to him, forcing Nintendo to create their own mascot - in this case, Mario. Based on this, is it possible for Nintendo to throw some kind of Popeye reference in a Smash game if they truly wanted to? I hear Popeye is now public domain, so Nintendo wouldn't have to worry about legal issues. Just something that came to mind.

Ciao. :3

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This thread is becoming nothing but flame wars, music suggestions, and Mach Rider and Pokemon discussions.
This thread will never reach the Mach-simum amount of Mach Rider it needs.

There is nothing wrong with music suggestions. :(
YOURS MAYBE.

Who was it that linked to that I Am The Man Who Arranges The Blocks thing. It's still stuck in my head. Luco I think? You jerk.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I never said musik suggestionz were bad, per se.

I do it myself (though everyone except 1 or 2 people ignore me like usual, lol).

I just said I noticed there's a lot of it (IN THIS THREAD).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
"Down at Pumpkin Hill, I gots to find my lost piece"

I like Death Chamber, Aquatic Mine and Meteor Herd more but Pumpkin Hill is still pretty gnarly. :cool:

CRAZY GADGET CRAZY GADGET CRAZY GADGET CRAZY GADGET

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Anything Star references always wins in your book lol but he always has good stuff

Knuckles is always gangsta. I remember getting tired of that song after trying to get all A's on Pumpkin Hill, but somehow it always gets me boppin haha

@Bulm- Yamcha
Now that development's started there might be some more news this thread can feed off of, other than rumors and music and such

Green Forest reminds me of moshing at concerts xD good sh**

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Well because of this pic, I've finally found the inspiration to continue my Mewtwo moveset. So are there any thoughts in particular on how exactly he should be buffed?

So far my thoughts are:
  • Smaller hitbox on Confusion, but it now causes tripping up close and it reflects projectiles that now can damage an opponent.
  • Weight and Speed are increased to roughly to around Pit's.
  • Maybe should gain a new D-Special? Barrier?
  • Gain Ability to float like Peach.
  • And obviously the Spoon Sword to increase the range and kill power of a small number of standard moves.
  • Slight increase of ending lag on Teleport to keep it closer to the Melee version (I fear that in Brawl he may have gained his own version of QAC due to new physics).

^^ Are these O.K.?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of Crazy Gadget, that would actually make a pretty awesome Smash stage.

I can already see them incorporating the colored gravity blocks in some way.

Just no Artificial Chaos cameos, please.

Those *******s give me bad memories lol

@Tri-Hy- It looks good! Only comment I have is that personally, I would just give Mewtwo an entirely new Smash Special along with a new Down Special, and make him a middle weight at least (I don't really care how slow he is).

Also, love the ability to float, I never thought of that before. :)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@---
Lookin good :) You seem to be the only person obsessed with the spoon sword lol but it's giving me inspiration to draw him with a cooler looking spoon lance :D
I don't know if it'd actually be incorporated into Smash, even tho it's better than "I AM MEWTWO" *tail whip yea!*
I like the Peach Float, makes more sense than Gliding which I thought he should have. Are you referring to the video of the hacked Mewtwo in Brawl? I didn't pay attention to the Teleport but working like Melee always sounds good.

@Metal
Crazy Gadget working like Frigate Orpheon with the gravity? :O I think my mind exploded when I got an A in that stage, I didn't see it coming and I can't seem to get another one

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---
Lookin good :) You seem to be the only person obsessed with the spoon sword lol but it's giving me inspiration to draw him with a cooler looking spoon lance :D
I don't know if it'd actually be incorporated into Smash, even tho it's better than "I AM MEWTWO" *tail whip yea!*
I like the Peach Float, makes more sense than Gliding which I thought he should have. Are you referring to the video of the hacked Mewtwo in Brawl? I didn't pay attention to the Teleport but working like Melee always sounds good.
Obsessed? Just read the manga, that's all I'm asking of people. Also I'm not the only one, have you met our dear friend N?

As for the Spoon these are my reasons for supporting it:
  • It appeared with him in his first major media appearance, which was the manga.
  • Satoshi Tajiri has stated that the manga is the most realistic interpertation to his original idea of Pokemon.
  • The manga has already done major Smash references so I think Smash should return the favor.
  • The manga has much more realistic interpretations of Pokemon battles of which seem to fit Smash better then how the anime handles them.
  • With Mewtwo, having gained his own signature move in the 5th Gen, it does seem to reference the Spoon due to the name and how damage is applied.
  • It's an easy way to buff Mewtwo overall.
  • It's ****ing bad ***.

As for Teleport, it's just a random thought that popped into my head seeing as QA had much more lag then it in Melee, but you can now cancel it. So one can imagine what could have been if Mewtwo got his own version of it. Besides, I'm also trying to balance him. :p

Also how about something like this for a FS?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Goku- Crazy Gadget was one hella difficult stage, but personally, Final Chase and Cannon's Core were the worst.

I could never get higher on a D on Final Chase or get through without dying. Stupid gravity pillars. :mad:

And Cannon's Core with Knuckles and Robotnik made me rage harder than fighting Falco with Ness in Event 36 with Melee...

Maybe I should play SA2 again today, that game was so baws.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's nice to see people liking my ideas for a buffed Mewtwo. Although I would like to hear the thoughts of some Mewtwo mains.

Also I was thinking of this as a new D-Special seeing as Confusion would be doing the same job as Disable now:

Gravity - Pulls a directly above opponent back to the ground similar to the end of Zamus's U-Special. This move does not work in the air and does no damage.

Well I'm hungry and have some work to do. Later.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That'd be an interesting D Special. Could pull of some good combos...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Why do people worry and say "it will ruin the competative aspects"

please, just stop saying that, unless you are an elitist, Smash Bros will turn out to be just fine, hell Sakurai already showed interest in improving the hitboxes by looking at Ken's models, adding content like RPG and accessories isn't going to hurt the competative scene whatsoever, if it stays in adventure mode, why should it? Think outside the box, Smash isn't all about just competative play, if you think it is, go play Street Fighter, Smash is also suppose to appeal to the casuals as well (party game).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Well because of this pic, I've finally found the inspiration to continue my Mewtwo moveset. So are there any thoughts in particular on how exactly he should be buffed?

So far my thoughts are:
  • Smaller hitbox on Confusion, but it now causes tripping up close and it reflects projectiles that now can damage an opponent.
  • Weight and Speed are increased to roughly to around Pit's.
  • Maybe should gain a new D-Special? Barrier?
  • Gain Ability to float like Peach.
  • And obviously the Spoon Sword to increase the range and kill power of a small number of standard moves.
  • Slight increase of ending lag on Teleport to keep it closer to the Melee version (I fear that in Brawl he may have gained his own version of QAC due to new physics).

^^ Are these O.K.?
I found the craziest idea to challenge this. I'm making a Mewtwo moveset! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom