• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For a Resident Evil rep, I pick Jill Valentine. From what I've seen, she seems to be more of a face of the series then Leon Kennedy.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
All I want from Resident Evil is either Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield obviously, as playable, well Megaman.

I wonder what they would do as AT's though? Shoot obviously but is there anything else?

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Mach rider stuff
I recently learned that chains and bikers were an 80s trope, but can't Mach Rider have a moveset without having to resort to stereotypes? Ghost Rider already plays the biker with a chain in fighting games :(
Exploding and reforming.

EXPLODING AND REFORMING.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you guys hold out long enough I will give you something to talk about. Somebody in particular might enjoy this.

OmegaXXII

@Swayne: Well, I assume that you are rooting for Tetra Zelda right? Well, I guess, I'm not sure, as an alt perhaps?

OmegaXXII

["Starphoenix The BlazeEnix said:
, post: 13443888"]If you guys hold out long enough I will give you something to talk about. Somebody in particular might enjoy this.
What might this be my fine sir? You tease alot you know that? :laugh:

On a side note, Its October already which means, Sakurai better get to work on SSB4 soon. :mad:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
And you decided to lecture me when I did this to a lesser extent before? lol wow

For a Resident Evil rep, I pick Jill Valentine. From what I've seen, she seems to be more of a face of the series then Leon Kennedy.
It depends on how you see it:
Jill and Chris were the stars of the 1st RE
Leon and Claire in 2
Jill in 3
Leon in 4
Chris and Sheva in 5 (Jill appears but isn't playable)
I think the other games linking the main games (like Code: Veronica) starred Chris. I dunno, didn't play ALL the games.
Point being, there's a whole group of main characters, but I think Chris is more of MAIN character, just because him and Wesker are direct rivals.

Exploding and reforming.

EXPLODING AND REFORMING.
Exactly! He doesn't need to be Ghost Rider

I am wondering his style for UMvc3.

Huh?

Wonder for his style?

Where did this come from?

Weren't we talking about Mach Rider?

I know this started because I posted a video about ghost rider but shouldn't you know what his "style" is by now. (I don't know if you watched the video or you just ignored it)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
No, because toonlink brought it up obviously, what is up with you lately?

I think it's because your posts sound a little weird lately. I type pretty fast so I leave out some words sometimes and you're on iPhone so I can imagine some grammatical errors.
But there's videos of Ghost Rider in UMvC3. He seems to be a strong ranged character (like Marth) due to his chain and Hellfire. I just don't think Mach Rider with his gats and defrag need to rip off Ghost Rider's chain.
and that's coming from me, who likes using the Link clones xD

What happened with Star and that topic?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Why if it isn't the other famous character whose last name ends in "man". Bomberman is another character who will get a lot of support every now and than. It is difficult to make an interesting stage out of a game that typically fixated on an overhead perspective. Still, wanted to take a good crack at finding some way to make it work.

This stage takes a cue from Delfino Plaza, in which a platform will drop you at select points on the stage. The platform will revolve around a large square battlefield and you will be dropped inside parts of it. You will be dropped inside the grid and fight on a large stretch of ground. While inside a battle will be raging on inside the background. Little generic Bombermen running around fighting and blasting each other to their little heart's content. The overall background design will be that of a factory like stadium.

You will have several blocks aligned on the back as is to be expected. You might be tempted to think, "ok, this is simple enough". Ahhhh, but do not let your guard down. Unbeknownst to you a bomb has just fallen into the open corridor in the background. If a bomb falls into a certain corridor watch out! After a certain amount of time that bomb will explode, sending fire down the corridor and scorching any player in its path! It is imperative to get behind a block or move to a clear part of the stage before the explosion takes place. Just like in a Bomberman game. Also like Bomberman you can have more than one bomb to deal with. Luckily you do not have to worry about the x-axis, but never slack off and always keep your eyes peeled. Otherwise you will learn to regret it... [If it is difficult to understand what I'm saying just skip to the example]

After a set time the platform will lift like in Delfino Plaza and you will be on a platform as it rotates around the cube. Allowing you to see the mayhem below. What happens is every time you land the background arrangement of the blocks will be different depending upon how decreased the blocks are. After the battle wears on you will only have one set layout that incorporate the non-destructible blocks.

Stage Example - Random:
B.....BBBBB..B......B*

Stage Example - Set:

.....B......B......B

*First example can be any arrangement
"B"=Blocks that will appear in the background of the stage

Stage Name: Bomb Arena
Stage Icon: Bomb

-Tracks-
Pocket Bomberman - Forest
Bomberman Quest - Field Zone
Super Bomberman - Level 6
Super Bomberman 2 - Boss
Super Bomberman 3 - Stage Three
Super Bomberman 4 - Final Boss
Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts
Bomberman 64 - Black Fortress
Bomberman Online - Tower of Wind
Bomberman Generation - Boss Battle
Bomberman DS - Battle
Bomberman Blast - Classic Area

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Heh, I just found out one of the people from Super Sweep, the music team behind Custom Robo and Megaman Network Transmission, did the music (at a point) for the Bust-A-Move series. Love that music.

http://youtu.be/Lh89xDZ1q6k

I'm serious. Nintendo needs to make another Custom Robo game for the sole reason that I can see Super Sweep (Shinji Hosoe, Yousuke Yasui, Ayako Saso and Yasuhisa Watanabe) do the soundtrack! It sounds like hyperbole I know but that sound team really is worth all of the praise. They are absolutely phenomenal.

Custom Robo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see a SEGA smash bros.

Actually, mostly just a Sonic Smash bros.

OmegaXXII

Heh, I just found out one of the people from Super Sweep, the music team behind Custom Robo and Megaman Network Transmission, did the music (at a point) for the Bust-A-Move series. Love that music.

http://youtu.be/Lh89xDZ1q6k

I'm serious. Nintendo needs to make another Custom Robo game for the sole reason that I can see Super Sweep (Shinji Hosoe, Yousuke Yasui, Ayako Saso and Yasuhisa Watanabe) do the soundtrack! It sounds like hyperbole I know but that sound team really is worth all of the praise. They are absolutely phenomenal.

Custom Robo
Man, I love Shinji Hosoe's work of art so much, it's amazing, probably the best themes I've ever heard, I'm serious.

And yes, we need another Custom Robo game, mainly with Shinji Hosoe doing the soundtrack, those tracks from Battle Network are amazing indeed. :grin: <3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Jet? Looks cool, that purple bird was always interesting though from Sonic Riders. :bee:

Wave? A failed attempt at a Sassy female. Well, she's just... it's not her.

It's Sonic really.

Star, please...PLEASE do a NiGHTS or Bubble Bobble stage before a Sonic stage!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still need to get NiGHTS for Wii.

I was hyped for that game, but it got some bad reviews and I never ended up getting it

I even made a NiGHTS for Brawl thing back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom