• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Roy Social!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Roy is definitely more fun to play then Marth.

Cam if you get a new memory card I can give you my save file.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't play melee anymore so you can take red roy

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I don't play melee anymore so you can take red roy
You were supposed to carry on the Roy tradition after I was gone :( Guess this means I'll just have to keep playing...

Neo used to be red too, but hes long retired.

allrite speaking of which... A lil late, but here we go ^^; Lemme know what you think, going on my 3rd month of Roy and absolutely lovin it ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANRagFE5nak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEn0LbuAVq0 - Last vids of Yoshi, till my Roy's ready ^^;
Legit, I'll drop some more constructive criticism in your thread when I get the time.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sorry guys, I know how much you liked my blazing fast roy but I couldn't keep him up to par

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I already seen it. It was old but REALLY hot !!!:p
Had to replay it :) very good vid :)
And Vman is also a very fine roy, keep it up ! :)
All of you , just keep practicing :p never give up :p (hey ripple , you give up? well you must have your own reason...) So are there any of you who can actually come over to Montreal, just to participate in Smash Till U Crash 3 ?? I'm just asking silly things but , I want to know if I'll be able to see some of you :p that would be cool :) testing our roys :)

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
vman, i like where your roy is heading. i did notice though that you don't use much variation in sideB. third hit up i've found to be very useful when you need a kill; third hit up to techchase fsmash is really useful for that.

keep it up, you're a beast.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I play Gold Roy cause I like ugly ****.

Yeah I already seen it. It was old but REALLY hot !!!:p
Had to replay it :) very good vid :)
And Vman is also a very fine roy, keep it up ! :)
All of you , just keep practicing :p never give up :p (hey ripple , you give up? well you must have your own reason...) So are there any of you who can actually come over to Montreal, just to participate in Smash Till U Crash 3 ?? I'm just asking silly things but , I want to know if I'll be able to see some of you :p that would be cool :) testing our roys :)
Sadly, no. As much as I'd love to enter a major smash tourney, the price of flying to Canada to play a game I don't know much about seems a bit steep.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Oh, no, I think my memory card is fixed now... I don't know how to get one otherwise so I'm really hoping it is. I like getting everything myself, but if I need to I'll copy it :p

camerino1

Smash Lord
My memory card died again today, 30 hours wasted!!! I'm so upset, I can't play properly anymore. I'm gonna get even worse, I was never great to begin with...

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
My memory card died again today, 30 hours wasted!!! I'm so upset, I can't play properly anymore. I'm gonna get even worse, I was never great to begin with...
Dude that really sucks. Thats kinda like when I accidentally saved over my previous file in Melee that had every character and replaced it with a new file....

camerino1

Smash Lord
Oh well, I guess I'll try something... I just know that I wont get better at this rate.

Alright, time for a "social" thread. So, who here is in a happy relationship? I know I'm pretty happy with mine. (Just wish we lived closer together...)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I wanna make you guys proud..

I'm playing sooo much roy right now, and I refuse to give up, until my Roy catches up to my Yoshi...

I wont let you guys down.. ^^

~Vman

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well, you certainly beat my Roy. So you've already gained a ton a respect from me. I guess the toughest one to get is Sethlon :p

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Y'all don't know about Fly Amanita's Roy.
I'm glad you mentioned this SB. I checked out that set between you two, and it was pretty good. But it reminded me of some old matches between Mouf's DK and Sethlon's roy. If you want to check them out, just do simple youtube search. And keep in mind that the sethlon set was in 2007.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Vuduujin!!!!

Sick Weegee man!..

and yeah, i'm teaming with my best friend Axe actually.. :)

sorry if you wanted to team :(

side note:
Shoutouts to Sethlon, those of you who don't know he played in a tourney yesterday, and got past pools w/his roy, and repped him well.. he had a tough bracket, but he did well.. just makin sure he sees this

<3 sethlon
Copy/pasted from my thread.. <3 sethlon <2

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Copy/pasted from my thread.. <3 sethlon <2
<3<3<3

That's awesome! Does this mean that we get some new videos?
I only had two sets maybe get recorded, and both were in teams =/ One set was against m2k/mike haze, don't remember who the other was. If you guys want to see them I can dig them up though. I was playing super sloppy in singles so I didn't bother recording any of my stuff.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Very carefully, lol. Since Roy can't really approach I tend to just sit behind my partner and control space...interrupt with DED if things go bad for partner, poke with dtilt/uair if they try to move around him. A lot of the matches were me yelling as SOS to get in there because I nearly have a heart attack whenever I'm in between him and the other team lol.

Nah, I'm not the one with long hair, thats SOS. I always sat on the side of the table thats covered up by the TV lol, don't think I was ever actually seen by the player cam.

Link to the stream archive; http://www.twitch.tv/noc0002/b/299853001 Me/Sos vs M2k/haze starts at about 3:40. Second set starts at about 1:07:00. Thats me on the left in the black shirt.

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
That was some interesting vidz ! :p
And also, your friend killer was so hot to finish the match with a counter :p
but was it me, or the sounds were on drugs?? kinda?

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Interesting. I typically have a really hard time playing roy in doubles. usually just copping out to :sheik:

and yes i do sit back and support. but it seems to be really difficult to not get ***** while my partner goes in.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Sup guys. I'm Pyro. Live in north jersey/rochester. I'm a badass. I come up with cool roy **** from time to time. I currently attend RIT for school, and have an interest in game theory.

I think I'm technically one of the "good" roy players even though I don't rate worth ****. But at least i'm partially known by some of the community.

I'm currently working on trying to be better at not autopiloting through my matches.
I...love..... your signature...

camerino1

Smash Lord
My day has been dramatic, but not a bad day at all :p. (Worst thing is that the person I talk to almost every day can't talk to me for the next few because of Thanksgiving.)

But yeah. Have a great day everyone and eat lots of pumpkin pie and other great food.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I'll post it here instead.

Roy's Knockback Guide

Bone - # (Location)

Bone - 78* (near tip of sword)
Bone - 78 (Hilt of Sword)
Bone - 73 (Right arm)
Bone - 27 (Upper Body/Right Shoulder?)
Bone - 4 (Lower Body)
Bone - 0 (Body Base)

"Base Knockback" - "Growth Knockback"

Base Knockback: The distance the target is launched regardless of damage percentage.

Growth Knockback: Limits the additional distance the target is launched proportional to its damage percentage.

Example of High knock back

Jiggy Puff - Rest "78" - "120"

Example of low knock back

Pichu - F-air "0" - "100"

------------

Jab

Bone - 78 "30" - "60"
Bone - 73 "30" - "60"
Bone - 27 "30" - "60"
Bone - 78 "5" - "60"*

Dash Attack

Bone - 78 "70" - "55"
Bone - 73 "70" - "55"
Bone - 27 "70" - "55"
Bone - 78 "35" - "60"*

F-tilt

Bone - 78 "60" - "70"
Bone - 73 "60" - "70"
Bone - 27 "60" - "70"
Bone - 78 "30" - "70"*

U-tilt

Bone - 78 "35" - "120"
Bone - 73 "25" - "118"
Bone - 27 "35" - "116"
Bone - 78 "20" - "100"*

D-Tilt

Bone - 78 "90" - "40"
Bone - 73 "90" - "40"
Bone - 27 "90" - "40"
Bone - 78 "70" - "40"*

F-Smash

Bone - 78 "80" - "65"
Bone - 73 "80" - "65"
Bone - 4 "80" - "65"
Bone - 78 "30" - "65"*

U-Smash

(Loop)
Bone - 0 "0" - "100"
Bone - 27 "0" - "100"
Bone - 78 "0" - "100"*
(End Loop)

Bone - 0 "73" - "90"
Bone - 27 "73" - "90"
Bone - 78 "73" - "90"*

D-Smash

(First Swing)
Bone - 78 "42" - "70"
Bone - 73 "42" - "70"
Bone - 27 "42" - "70"
Bone - 78 "15" - "100"*

(Second Swing)
Bone - 78 "42" - "68"
Bone - 73 "42" - "68"
Bone - 27 "42" - "68"
Bone - 78 "15" - "100"*

N-air

Bone - 78 "50" - "80"
Bone - 73 "50" - "80"
Bone - 27 "50" - "80"
Bone - 78 "50" - "80"*

F-air

Bone - 78 "30" - "70"
Bone - 73 "30" - "70"
Bone - 27 "30" - "70"
Bone - 78 "10" - "70"*

B-air

Bone - 78 "30" - "70"
Bone - 73 "30" - "70"
Bone - 27 "30" - "70"
Bone - 78 "10" - "70"*

U-air

Bone - 78 "20" - "70"
Bone - 73 "20" - "70"
Bone - 27 "20" - "70"
Bone - 78 "10" - "70"*

D-air

Bone - 78 "40" - "70"
Bone - 73 "40" - "70"
Bone - 27 "40" - "70"
Bone - 78 "40" - "70"*
I'll do the special attacks later.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
explain what you don't understand, and i'll try to make it clear for you.
Bone? What are number ratings in terms of distance? Pretty much the whole chart, but more importantly it appears as though this was quoted information. Where does the original thread come from if there is one? That's what I'm most curious about.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Bones are part of the character Model, which Hit-boxes are connected too.

Thus - Bone 78 is the Hilt of Sword, that why i listed the bones before posted the knock back.

What are number ratings in terms of distance?
"Base" - "Growth"
"30" - "60"

Base Knockback: The distance the target is launched regardless of damage percentage.

Growth Knockback: Limits the additional distance the target is launched proportional to its damage percentage.

Pretty much the whole chart, but more importantly it appears as though this was quoted information. Where does the original thread come from if there is one? That's what I'm most curious about.
This isn't qouted from anywhere, i made it a qoute like This.
This information comes from the "Master Hand" Program. It's hard to understand if you don't know how the coding in smash works.

camerino1

Smash Lord
So... the weirdest part on this chart for me is the fact that the tip of Roy's D-smash is so much stronger. What I got from it was that... while it started weaker, it's knockback grew pretty rapidly after any damage was done. So, do you know at about which percents they would start doing similar knockback?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Wut happens is that as the damage grows, the tip of the blade slowly becomes stronger then the base of the sword because of it's growth. So the more damage the target has the better the tip of the blade is during down smash.

To answer you question though i'd have to test it myself. But my guess would be some where near the 70-80's

Top Bottom