• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Roy Social!

camerino1

Smash Lord
Alright then, I do that quite often against the floaties because of how little knockback jab has and how fast d-smash is. I guess I should stop that odd habit then :p

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I heart me some Sethlon! ^^

Uhhh oh Yeah, Hello Roy boards

Names' V3ctorman. ^^; i'm actually a Yoshi main, I'd say i'm pretty good with him ^^; umm however, I'm moving to Roy to add to my palette... I'm trying to develop a Roy similar with my Yoshi.. and hope to pursue him further... like many of you players ^^ I hope to achieve this goal in due time. woooot

Just thought i'd come in and post, in due time, I'd like to join the Roy conversation... My knowledge of Roy, isn't all that.. I've only been playing him for about 2 months now... but i'd say my Roy is pretty good (i'd hope at least) ^^ Pleasure to meet you all, and hopefully we can start some awesome chat/discussion

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
@Sulliman
Yeah. Sorry, very new to smash. :/ Coming from an SF3/MvC background.

@Sethlon
Well, I see I have much to learn. Thanks for the tips.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Right now I play Storm, Zero, Sentinel, but I plan on dropping storm at least in Ultimate. (Not much of a point without DHC glitch.) I also play Spidey, Ammy, Doom on the side.

camerino1

Smash Lord
If we're still talking about Roy, I space my n-airs as my opening often enough. I do that with everyone but Falco, his lasers stop me from doing it so I wait for him. Or I jump in the air, DED1, and them fast fall an f-air. It's done well for me so far, as long as people don't up-b at me I'm usually good :p

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
It's character dependent, I'd think. But for the most part I just shffl my nair or uairs for spacing.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Yeah, for Falco is there any real way to advance on him? And floaties are ones that I don't want to go full out on (Samus is the only acception because you can't have distance from her or you're dead) when starting a fight.

For non-Smash related topic because this is a social :p : I tore myself up pretty bad when I fell earlier today. Normally I don't get hurt, and when I do it's something you can't really see. But I was bleeding, which never happens. My left hand and knee.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
For non-Smash related topic because this is a social :p : I tore myself up pretty bad when I fell earlier today. Normally I don't get hurt, and when I do it's something you can't really see. But I was bleeding, which never happens. My left hand and knee.
shoulda teched it

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Yeah, for Falco is there any real way to advance on him? And floaties are ones that I don't want to go full out on (Samus is the only acception because you can't have distance from her or you're dead) when starting a fight.
Risky either way when look at approaching Falco, best to avoid lasers the best you can and stay close to him as much as possible which is dangerous, but i find it to be the best option.

Should have called spiderman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZfNZbn0SU

camerino1

Smash Lord

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
I like all smash games :p (I just really prefer melee) :p
I also play all kind of old school capcom games (sf2, darkstalkers, xmen vs street...etc... :p)
SNK titles are good also, like Last Blade 2 , or King of fighters, fatal fury (old school I said )
Not to mention , I love the mortal kombat series, just not as much as all the others games above, but I really like the first and the second MK.
GUILTY GEAR (from the first one on the psx, to the last version xxAC plus) and Blaz blue are good! :p also play HOKUTO NO KEN from the same company ARC SYS WORKS.... :p cool
and IIRC, I kinda like RPGs.... but only a select few(no MMO) like, ff4. ff6 ,chrono trigger, or like, FF7 , FFX , Xenogears, and xenosaga :p I really dont like FPS or new games,, I tend to usually wait to play new games....as they get old, and then Im interested :p lol
Like Smash bros melee, It took me , a mere 10 years to really get into it ! :p before I was just like meh... :p
---
about roy, I was starting to train my roy since 6 months...maybe more :p but at first I was playing on dolphin emulator, with a ps2 controller lol :p but seriously I train my roy as often as I can , and I love it :p love all those thread about our boy ! :p
I record matches so I can see my flaws, or things to improve, even If I only have a cheap 20$ webcam lol I admire all the roy players, but mostly roy MAINS :p because, I only main roy, and by that I mean, I dont chose anybody else, just roy ... and I try to DED third hit foward, most of the time because it can kill :) I DED most of the time, because I think its, fast, compare to his other moves, even if its not really strong, I think it can lead to some combos or, grabs...also I try to kill with a counter because it rocks, but It takes reading skills :p anyway its always cool to discuss anything FIR3Y !

camerino1

Smash Lord
My memory card for my GCN is corrupt... anyone know what to do? I've tried reformating it, but it says it can't do that. I want my Melee back :(

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
It happened not so long ago, :( but it was not erased, since , when I saw the message about corrupt data , I just removed my card, and waited, cuz... It was so hot (as the gamecube,and it was not my cube...), and maybe if the memorycard is too hot, it can corrupt it, so , when I tried later on , it worked so...but It was a third party memory card, but It work now...dont know why I had this message tho....

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
I also have 2 copies of my savegame...since I have a near complete game. All that is missing is the messages about :WOW you have done 500 000 matches and 1000 000 matches which I do *cough*with a turbo controller *cough* :p
all trophies and special messages , but if you just want to have a savegame ready for tourneys like battle, its not so long to unlock all features :p well cheer up !

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
Am I killing the thread?? lol jk
But seriously, I went to 1 tournament , called Smash till U crash 2 , in montreal,
It was my first tourney :) And I loved it !!( even if I did pick Roy all the time, and lost in the pool)
I remember getting 4 stock by Weon X 's fox :) in the pool :) that was super nice :)
There I met M2K lol :) And also Kage, (I did some matches with the warrior :) he is really cool )
I live near montreal so, as a fellow smasher I try to get people to come over my place and do little smash fest :) If u want I can post videos :) but seriously for a social thread, keep it alive :)
I come here everyday :p

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
LOL, yeah. I try not to say much on smashboards anymore, and only stick to topics i know that i can say something without people jumping down my throat about it. Mostly anyway....

And most thread lower then high tier don't get much action, so if nothing is said for a couple of days don't be surprised. Aim me if you want to discuss anything about Roy.

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
ok thanx :p
I'm also on gamefaqs lol ,with the same name
but yeah I understand that ,there's not much action on low tier , on the threads...
and also... lol @ gamefaqs...I love smashboard 100x more :p

camerino1

Smash Lord
I think in terms of action adventure or adventure RPG's, Dark Cloud 2 is by far the best you will get in that area. It is really amazing, not a flaw with that game in my opinion. Also, why is Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter SO hated on. I really enjoy it.

On DC2, it's very well done with story and characters, everyone that you meet has personality. Even the townsfolk have deep personality, that game is the pinnacle of PS2 gaming. I wont give away anything in case I can persuade some of you to find and play it, but you really should look into it. $5 at your local gamestop (if they have it in, it is getting hard to find).

Nintendo RPG's are few and far between for some reason... I really enjoy the FE series and Golden Sun though.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I know you were, I've heard the comparison of DC2 and LoZ:OoT all the time and how both are the best adventures for their respective systems. I don't know anything about Dark Souls though :p

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've played a little bit of Dark Cloud 2, really enjoyed it. Its on my "Games I need to find a copy of again" list.

I could see Dark Souls giving Zelda a run for its money. DS is certainly not without flaws though, so we'll have to see how Zelda turns out.

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to break in like that but I heard, by the TO of STYC 2, that, there may be...a STYC 3 in march (3 or 4) 2012, and maybe dr PeePee and m2k would come over, in Montreal... so I was getting hyped !!! Is there any of you , who could ? Just asking something impossible, but well...
And It's nothing official, just some talk today about it, if it's worthy. Do you guys know Pikalex?

My next question is, which is the red Roy among us? :p

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^
That there is mister Sethlon... :)

Actually now that I think about it.. I've only seen Sethlon play the Green one, It's sorta why I play green. :p

DOUBLE EDIT: haha yeah Camerino, what you said I think ^^

Top Bottom