• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rob Technique!!!!! Gamebreaking!?!?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. This is AZ's maXXXpower, and I think I found a new advanced technique that could quite possibly break this game in ROB's favor. I've never seen it done before, so I'm going to name it.

I'm torn between calling it stock canceling, **** canceling, or something else. Most fittingly, though, I think I'll call it not... camping...

Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfZjmnSFkk vs. DSF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvMjT4nvcc vs. dookdigity rd. 1-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSLZK0iv6s vs. dookdigity rd. 3

waks

Smash Journeyman
I like the non~campy ROB. Nice match :) I might try it on my friends as well.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wow where have you been?

Adding this to the video thread, do you have any more vids?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You're like the polar opposite of me. We'll have to play in the same tournametn sometime ^_^

I do want to see more videos of you though... the only video we've got is you beating a Snake (his MK doesn't count :p)! Get some more vids up sir.

Wait, this wasn't Championship. Who did you lose to?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh man, Chozen is going to love this:

Singles:

1: DSF (900$)
2: Forward (450$)
3: MaxxxPower (like 200ish cant remember rofl)
4: SK92 (case of bawls)
5: DookDigity
5: DannyKat
7: Timotee
7: Kashakunaki
9: AlphaBravo
9: Sethlon
9: Light
9: Kyne
13: Slick
13: Dyf
13: GlodenGlove
13: MErcy
17: CM
17: BigLu
17: Justin Kamikaze
17: Abide
17: SID
17: Ka
17: Demised
17: Morty
25: t0mmy
25: Statistics
25: EoW
25: Jyc0
25: FeautreCHamp
25: Ajax
25: NorthBound
25: TheZeroFaReal
33: Peapo
33: Wobbles
33: Shivknight
33: Kosuke
33: Hitori
33: T-HoT
33: Sliraobe god
33: Tanj
33: Mercy
33: X-Core
33: Phxdragon54
33: Axe
33: MikeZ
33: Night
33: IzzyInfamous
33: Claw
49: Cliche
49: MastaDeltron
49: Havoc
49: Xero
49: Byron
49: Tiga$
49: Dark
49: Jaxx
49: CBK
49: Taj
49: Stimulant
49: Han-Chu
49: Idaho
49: Sao
49: TechnoMansor
49: Azenith
65: Dice
65: Irish
65: Brad
65: 420
65: James

Ahhahahahhaha.... Good shiz Max.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Wow where have you been?

Adding this to the video thread, do you have any more vids?
I've been around; I don't play this game much. The only time I really play is during my weeklies and tournaments.

I think there are more videos of me from this tournament. I played on the TV that was recording for a couple of matches.

You're like the polar opposite of me. We'll have to play in the same tournametn sometime ^_^

I do want to see more videos of you though... the only video we've got is you beating a Snake (his MK doesn't count :p)! Get some more vids up sir.

Wait, this wasn't Championship. Who did you lose to?
1. this is true.

2. I think there should be some more videos of me at the tournament, I just don't think they've been uploaded yet.

3. Well this match was like the 4th round of the tournament, I had just knocked Ajax into losers, and then I took on DSF. I played forward in winners finals, and lost to his DDD. Then I played DSF in losers finals and lost to his DDD. I can honestly say that before those two, I have never played against DDD. Ever. I was confused as ****.

Before playing forward's DDD, DSF told me I needed to camp like there's no tomorrow in order to beat tripD, but I was mentally and physically unable to.

Oh man, Chozen is going to love this:

Singles:

1: DSF (900$)
2: Forward (450$)
3: MaxxxPower (like 200ish cant remember rofl)
4: SK92 (case of bawls)
5: DookDigity
5: DannyKat
7: Timotee
7: Kashakunaki
9: AlphaBravo
9: Sethlon
9: Light
9: Kyne
13: Slick
13: Dyf
13: GlodenGlove
13: MErcy
17: CM
17: BigLu
17: Justin Kamikaze
17: Abide
17: SID
17: Ka
17: Demised
17: Morty
25: t0mmy
25: Statistics
25: EoW
25: Jyc0
25: FeautreCHamp
25: Ajax
25: NorthBound
25: TheZeroFaReal
33: Peapo
33: Wobbles
33: Shivknight
33: Kosuke
33: Hitori
33: T-HoT
33: Sliraobe god
33: Tanj
33: Mercy
33: X-Core
33: Phxdragon54
33: Axe
33: MikeZ
33: Night
33: IzzyInfamous
33: Claw
49: Cliche
49: MastaDeltron
49: Havoc
49: Xero
49: Byron
49: Tiga$
49: Dark
49: Jaxx
49: CBK
49: Taj
49: Stimulant
49: Han-Chu
49: Idaho
49: Sao
49: TechnoMansor
49: Azenith
65: Dice
65: Irish
65: Brad
65: 420
65: James

Ahhahahahhaha.... Good shiz Max.
Thanks. There were an awful lot of snakes in my bracket.

I played Trevyn's link first round, then Ajax's snake second round, then DSF third round, Light 's Peach fourth round, dookdigity's snake fifth round, then I lost to forward and DSF.

Wow that Snake was amazing. The metaknight fight could have used more bair.
I hate MK with a passion. I was just trying to avoid getting upb killed.

I guess god hates tommy as much as we do.

Nice max. I thought I was the only one who knew it could be done without camping.
Tommy's a good guy. Jesus hates him and he doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, he's a good guy. He's the only ROB I've seen that can use his forward B without looking like a d-bag.

I tried camping vs Light's peach. Not because I wanted to, but because he's one of those players that enjoys taking the match to the last second. ie. stalling, camping, etc.

for example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xDR-ELKhIo

So I tried camping with him, and my foot fell asleep. Camping is not for me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
go to California and beat DSF in his own tournament MaXXX! Dedede ain't ****! Just spam laser all day and once he's off the edge, make him up+b and u-smash him as he falls.

If MaXXX or Hugs or Shadow can win on the west coast and I can win in the midwest, all we need is for the EC ROBs to step it up. :D

Camping against Dedede is basicalyl what you have to do. If you do get inside, you can dash attack to u-tilt or d-smash and it can set up for a double u-air if you time it right. This leads to about 50%, and you can do it more than once a stock!

It's pretty easy to beat Dedede once you force him to use his up+b... just upsmash or up+b to him and nair. Just takes a littl ebit of practice on the timing

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I think it's safe to say that ROB is the best character in this game. People just don't know it yet.

But yeah, I had no clue how do fight against D3; all of my kill percentages were off because he's such a fat *******. If dookdigity puts up the videos of me vs. forward and dsf's D3, you'll see what I mean.

There are no D3s anywhere near where I live, so I don't get a lot of practice. I think I'll pick him up just for ****s and giggles, though. That would be fun.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want a counter for Dedede, pick up Olimar. It's one of the few hard counters in the game.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
lol.. good sh*t mr Power.

T0MMY is still a doushebag no matter what he does <(^_^)b

Next time you go to a tourney and play Azen/Chillin/M2K tell me how good ROB does >_>

Nacker consistantly top4/5's under them.. i guess that counts for something..

and i've only actually entered singles once.. but lost to Nacker in a ditto and should have beaten Azen in game 3 [no jones].

EC is too good. I'm not saying we're better than you.. i'm just saying that every coast has finally progressed back to the melee way..

MidWest- Camp >_>
West- Combo
EC- Gay

Fuxing w/ Amazing?

waks

Smash Journeyman
The 3rd round where you fought dookdigity, its ending is sweet <3 Boosters are full of win.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, except I'm in the midwest and can't wait to travel to the east coast!

Although, I'm gonna say it now:

While I could probably have a good chance at beating everyone else I've seen in the East Coast (excluding ROB dittos because I'm all WTF with them), Mew2King has impressed me again. He would be scary to play.

bajisci

Smash Ace
robs dont fare well against m2k, well at least my rob doesnt >< i can usually only get his mk and d3 to 1 stock -_- (same crew)

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I see few ROBs up here in CT. New England goes to a lot of ct tourneys, and I don't see many good ROBs. I'm not that good, but hell, we needs more exposure. We need anti-snake. We still got snakes everywhere here.

Seriously:

WTB PRO ROBS FOR DESTROYING SNAKE IN NEW ENGLAND!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
robs dont fare well against m2k, well at least my rob doesnt >< i can usually only get his mk and d3 to 1 stock -_- (same crew)
Have any vids vs. his D3 or MK? You should get some if not! :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i do but he doesnt want them put online >< sorry
Tell him he's a scrub and that Overswarm isn't afraid to put dozens of videos online after every tournament and that due to his hiding of his progression, he will be the only D3 and Metaknight like him. While he may think this is good, he will slowly realize that we only have to beat ONE of him.... but he will have to beat one hundred Overswarms!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

(the best times in life are when you can add a bwa in front of your laughter and still be legit)

tutata

Smash Ace
maXXXpower those were some incredible matches. When fighting a king 3D i try to stay on one side and let him come to me, what i do is i just f tilt his little goons and shoot lasers and gyros. I try to back grab 3D get them off the stage and then get f-air kills on him. Just like some one stated in a post above when he recovers get him with the up smash when possible. Im not sure if that helps a little.

Top Bottom