• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New recent videos of my IC's. (Must Watch) :).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have been working on my IC vs Marth game a lot recently in preparation for the next time I play Roy_R...and I decided to post some videos :).

Hylian(IC's) vs Rayzorium(Marth) 1-4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsMKpnVWMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5vXvFU7VeA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oroshwC0Yto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJ2SwbfdeQ

I suggest watching all of them :). I do some pretty crazy chaingrabs and desynchs :). Look out for things like Fsmash to fair desynch and Uair to platform usmash desynch :).

Enjoy and comment :)!

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Looks like someone is getting better. Impressive, every time you grabbed him it was almost an automatic stock loss.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
One time an Olimar grabbed me and he kept doing his grab attack. I tried to have Nana do a forward smash, because it would have killed him, but she kept walking around in circles...

>.<

I did kill someone like that though.

Roxxas

Smash Rookie
omg I am so going to learn how to do that with IC. Just because I always liked them but now I have a real reason to LOVE THEM!!!

Edit: Basically you have inspired me to be as uber as poissible with IC!!!

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I picked up the ice climbers a couple days ago as a character to mess with because there shoes are badass but looks like i might main them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
One time an Olimar grabbed me and he kept doing his grab attack. I tried to have Nana do a forward smash, because it would have killed him, but she kept walking around in circles...

>.<

I did kill someone like that though.
As long as nana is close, you can make her do anything when you are grabbed.

And thanks everyone :).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How do you stay desynced so effectively? I still can't really do it even though I've been using the Ice Climbers since Brawl came out. Earlier today, I fought my first opponent who could effectively chain grab and desync with the Ice Climbers and it was sort of inmasculating since I do a few chain grabs but this guy just tore me to bits and they weren't even his mains...

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Such ****. <3 for Hylian.

I don't know if it was just these games or if you actually have trouble with it, but for the throw spike I like to used Fthrow rather than Dthrow for the likes of Marth. Much more consistent and they can't **** you up by DIing.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Great matches, i don't know how you stay desynched so good without making it become bad for you(recovery).

Also is fthrow - dthrow - fthrow etc easier than just fthrow repeatedly then a back throw?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nana can trip during a Bthrow, so I like fthrow dthrow throw more >_>.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Pretty good, but I've seen you do better. You missed a couple of throw to spikes
But then again, i know i cant do better

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Question. You seem to be in favor of doing the dthrow>fair to spike. In the first video it didn't work a few times because of the messed up edges on Yoshi's Island. I have started doing fthrow>fair to spike. Could you tell me and advantages of dthrow instead of fthrow?

EDIT: Haha it seems people have already addressed this. I really need to read the whole thread first.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
On a side note the Fair-> Fsmash and Uair->Usmash desynchs were TOTALLY done by accident. XD They looked cool though. :3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On a side note the Fair-> Fsmash and Uair->Usmash desynchs were TOTALLY done by accident. XD They looked cool though. :3
Fsmash ---> Fair was intentional. Uair ---> upsmash was just me getting lucky XD.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
good grabs, but the non-grab play is not as solid. 2nd stock 2nd match on smashville 0-death impressed me the most, wow

really nice hylian

just work on fighting without grabs, ic's do have blizzards and stuff to space marth's sword if he's not letting you grab

swordgard

Smash Hero
Fsmash ---> Fair was intentional. Uair ---> upsmash was just me getting lucky XD.
TBH, you missed alot of good chances to grab vs the marth, however i have learned that if you charge onto the ennemy most people will spotdodge then retaliate, however there is a big mistake in there. Most people actually spot dodge a bit in advance, so you just continue dashing past them then pivot grab. This will actually be a free grab most of the time.

As for you infiniting, you got it down, just work a bit on getting more grabs(though i know how hard grabbing marths can be, and unlike what most people tend to say, grabbing a good mk is alot easier than grabbing a good marth since blizz>mk, but marth outranges blizz if hes good at spacing).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
good grabs, but the non-grab play is not as solid. 2nd stock 2nd match on smashville 0-death impressed me the most, wow

really nice hylian

just work on fighting without grabs, ic's do have blizzards and stuff to space marth's sword if he's not letting you grab
I'm aware. Marth can tipper ICs out of the blizzard as well as counter it. My opponent usually punishes me for using desynched blizzards.

Also, ICs cannot fight a good marth without grabs. It's near impossible to compete with Marths range and speed.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm aware. Marth can tipper ICs out of the blizzard as well as counter it. My opponent usually punishes me for using desynched blizzards.

Also, ICs cannot fight a good marth without grabs. It's near impossible to compete with Marths range and speed.
I agree, **** his tipper, its just enough to outrange blizzard, which is our best long ranged attack. The point in this game is to land a grab vs marth, however it is near impossible. The only thing you can do is mixup ice blocks and hope marth does an error.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Why don't you use the alternating d-throw chaingrab? Is there something wrong with it, or you just prefer your own method?

Miller

Smash Lord
Why don't you use the alternating d-throw chaingrab? Is there something wrong with it, or you just prefer your own method?
You have no idea what they're talking about dont you? Ohh well :p

What they're saying is that its really hard to get a grab off a good marth. But thats what I love about Iceys, your opponent is always scared that they're going to get grabbed; That's when I whip out the hammer **** :D

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You have no idea what they're talking about dont you? Ohh well :p

What they're saying is that its really hard to get a grab off a good marth. But thats what I love about Iceys, your opponent is always scared that they're going to get grabbed; That's when I whip out the hammer **** :D
Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? I asked why he uses the grab combos he does as opposed to other grab combos. If you can't answer the question, then shut the fuck up and stop trying to get your dick hard by posting like you're talking sown to some noob.

Fucking asshole.

infomon

Smash Scientist
(lotsa swearing)
Yikes! I also thought Millar was being rather arrogant in reply to your very reasonable question about the chaingrabs. But if you look at his post, it's pretty obvious that he completely misinterpreted where you were coming from. He thought you were continuing the discussion about Marth's tippers, where your comment makes no sense.

So you're way out of line in your post, to be all swearing like that, but admittedly it was provoked. But it was provoked by a mistake. So let's all just chill :)

Millar does know a thing or two about chaingrabs, it's not like he's just some n00b. He should have realized you aren't either tho :urg:

Top Bottom