• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Power Rankings:

1. Cactuar/Mow/Javier
2. Doesn't Matter.
3. Everyone Else Sucks.
4. Stop Complaining.
5. Pittsburgh Sucks at Smash.
6. Because We Have Had Players.
7. Go There And Play.
8. And **** You.
9. While Drunk.
10. And Barely Playing.

I hear that "And **** You" guy is getting a lot better. He will probably be moving up on the list next update.

Edit: Seriously though. If I made a top 10 list for all of PA, there wouldn't be any Pitt smashers on it, so it doesn't really matter. I still have a panelist from there, but there are only like 2 people that would be considered for top 10, and it's extremely unlikely they would get it.

I'll get to making the ranking after Cat3.
See, this is why I hate power rankings. Please tell me precisely why the **** we needed an entire post devoted to telling all of us in Pittsburgh that we suck. We have seen precisely one person from the eastern part of the state over the past 6 months and I really think it's rediculous to base your judgement on that single time, it was awhile ago and our smashers have gotten a lot better since then. Oh and did "and **** you" guy tell you that I beat him? back when all I did was double jump, dair to shine to back air? and don't give me the drunk john, I woke up about a half hour before our match and the only warmup I had was smashing 2 n00bs into the ground with M2 and DK. You guys aren't the only ones getting better and I'm really sick of hearing this garbage that we're terrible. I don't want any animosity and drama, but this is what power rankings do, so I'm in favor of just scrapping the whole power ranking bull**** and letting people figure out for themselves where they lie from actually playing others. Seriously, I don't want there to be any **** between Philly and Pburgh, but it's hard not to get pissed when every other post you guys put up is talking **** about how we're terrible.

rant over.

Renth

Smash Hero
So much hate around here everybodys arguing about rankings does it really matter? Just play the game and have fun with it.

@Tuar you going to Nepa3 or don't you know yet?

pockyD

Smash Legend
Power Rankings:

1. Cactuar/Mow/Javier
2. Doesn't Matter.
3. Everyone Else Sucks.
That's my point. with the people that "matter" as you put it, everyone already knows where they stand, and for everyone else, it's all conjecture from people who have never played each other or play once and then make excuses about it for the next 4 months

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. I don't care how much you have improved. Improvement isn't just a one-sided thing, as we improve as well. I judge people based on how much potential I see in them as well as their learning curve, not current play ability. And everyone I have played from Pittsburgh has been a disappointment smash-wise (not personality-wise, <3). If you really think you have improved that much, challenge one of the good players.

You complain so much, but you guys don't travel out here for anything, and we are a lot closer to decent tournaments than you are. You guys are the ones who are challenging our belief of Pitt sucking, as well as challenging for top positions in the PA smash scene. Prove yourself. I'm not going to come out to Pitt when I'm expecting to play scrubs.

Edit: I don't care about having a power ranking or not honestly, I know where I stand, and most people who aren't overconfident idiots should know where they stand in their own community. Just play the game, get better, challenge people. It's all for yourself, not so that other people can see it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
You complain so much, but you guys don't travel out here for anything, and we are a lot closer to decent tournaments than you are. You guys are the ones who are challenging our belief of Pitt sucking, as well as challenging for top positions in the PA smash scene. Prove yourself. I'm not going to come out to Pitt when I'm expecting to play scrubs.
Pittsburgh = college students w/o cars = :(. We would if we could, but until we find a way to get a car here, traveling is difficult :\.

Edit: I don't care about having a power ranking or not honestly, I know where I stand, and most people who aren't overconfident idiots should know where they stand in their own community. Just play the game, get better, challenge people. It's all for yourself, not so that other people can see it.
Exactly what i'm trying to say, so why do we need a power ranking? Honestly, if anyone cares to have them a lot, speak up and give us some reasons why such things are neccessary.

D

Deleted member

Cactuar, next time we play I'm taking your *** down, I don't care how much you've improved.

I mean, you're a cool guy, and I like you. I'm still going to **** you up.

D

Deleted member

as for pittsburgh, get better.

here's my top 10

1/2. cactuar or me
3. javi
4. retired-*** falco that should come back and play for real
5. cape
6-10 renth velocity magus joker pacman in no order

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't care about having a power ranking or not honestly, I know where I stand, and most people who aren't overconfident idiots should know where they stand in their own community. Just play the game, get better, challenge people. It's all for yourself, not so that other people can see it.

That's exactly all we're saying; i don't care that much that we'll get slighted but it's more that having rankings doesn't settle anything but stroke the egos of those who everyone already knows are at the top and cause massive pointless bickering and bad blood at the bottom between all the wannabes who think they are qualified to be in some mediocre spot that no one cares about

In short:
1. pittsburgh isn't great, but everyone already knows that. We don't need power rankings to tell us so.
2. ranking people who aren't any threat to win any tournament attended by the actual top players is pointless

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
i just wanna see how much pittsburgh sucks, is that so hard to ask for

Yeah, umm... I believe that was uncalled for. At least Cactuar is funny when he rips Pittsburgh. Don't think I'm going to forget you said that.

Back on topic: People will be divided on their opinions of power rankings... Personally, I say there's no real harm in making a list. As long as people realize that the list will never be perfect and is open to interpretation, I don't see a problem. I think someone mentioned this before, but I believe a good idea would be to rank the top 5 and simply recognize the next 5 top players in no order.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I don't care how much you have improved. Improvement isn't just a one-sided thing, as we improve as well. I judge people based on how much potential I see in them as well as their learning curve, not current play ability. And everyone I have played from Pittsburgh has been a disappointment smash-wise (not personality-wise, <3). If you really think you have improved that much, challenge one of the good players.

i dont know what player gave pittsburgh such a bad name but its stupid. Me and my friends just drove 2 and a half hours to play in a tournament in ohio with vidjogamer, so we definitly do travel. In the last tournament we had a player from pittsburgh beat renth to get 1st, and you guys said he is in the top 10. I also gaurantee that swiftbass could really give you guys some troubles

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
looks like I'm likely to be in Philly this weekend. Not sure when I'll be around and free, but if anyone's in town and wants to beat on some random scrub from Pittsburgh I'll likely be good to play at some point.
Cactuar and I and probably some of wrath will be going to Cat 3. So you will have to find some of the more inactive ones to play.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i dont know what player gave pittsburgh such a bad name but its stupid. Me and my friends just drove 2 and a half hours to play in a tournament in ohio with vidjogamer, so we definitly do travel. In the last tournament we had a player from pittsburgh beat renth to get 1st, and you guys said he is in the top 10. I also gaurantee that swiftbass could really give you guys some troubles
Ohio = other direction than Philly.

Pa sucks in general compared to most of the other states. Next Scranton tourny we should all try and go to. Its in the middle if the state so aboot the same travel for all of us.

Cactuar, I am staying at your place when this happens.

Renth

Smash Hero
Ohio = other direction than Philly.

Pa sucks in general compared to most of the other states. Next Scranton tourny we should all try and go to. Its in the middle if the state so aboot the same travel for all of us.

Cactuar, I am staying at your place when this happens.
Hope to see you at Nepa3 we had what..3 matches? XD

@ Velocity
Same goes for you.

Seriously everybody look into Nepa3 it'll definately be worth it. it's about.. 4 1/2 hours from me though XD...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97130

Posts like this are an open invitation just to get flamed more let it go.

Wesley did indeed beat me in winners finals at the last pittsburgh tournament.
beating 1 person who has blue text in a single tournament doesn't prove much.

They aren't questioning that if you travel or not, honestly they could care less if you went Ohio.

People travel for themselves not for the area they come from every tourn i go to you think i'm trying to rep Colver PA? Wtf/where is Colver PA? Power Rankings are nice and all but you should already know where you stand in the community without a list saying you are here or not here.

Also, Guaranteeing Swiftbass would really give people some troubles is just trying to bring more people into this pointless bickering if you've got an issue take it up yourself there's no need to drag others into it. It's not likely that Swiftbass is going to rise and say he's going to protect pittsburghs honor or anything. People are ranked by how they are in the community themselves and how they've impressed other players so really you could take swiftbass for example say he went and beat ken in 1v1 sets now players would be oh swift is good not oh he's from pittsburgh, pittsburgh must be good.

See y'all at Nepa.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
umm, for the record I strictly play for myself and just like to travel. And I rather let a controller do my speaking. I humor the last few comments and look @ my own self growth rather than the growth of a city/town. Its not like a city/town is posted in the rankings or anything.

See y'all @ cata 3 and hopefully @ nepa too.

takieddine

Smash Master
Seriously, this discussion better die right now...

I guess we'll let the controller do the talking, like SwiftBass said.

If you dont care about power rankings, great, if you do also great, whatever floats your boat.
If you care, you'll care about arguments about PR, if you dont, you won't I dont see any problems here.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Can't we all just get along?

There really is no reason for all this drama and fighting. Lets just play the game we love to play and enjoy it before we are all at each other's throats.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Wait. So are you guys trying to say that Pitt doesn't suck at smash? Because that's kinda pointless... Like Pakman said: PA sucks for smash. And really, Wesley beating Renth doesn't impress me at all. Good job, you won a set vs someone lower on the top ten. Darc won a set vs PC Chris, doesn't mean he's better or even close to his skill level. Also, didn't he just camp him with Falco? vs GANON?

*instigates more to see how far this goes :laugh:*

Renth

Smash Hero
Wait. So are you guys trying to say that Pitt doesn't suck at smash? Because that's kinda pointless... Like Pakman said: PA sucks for smash. And really, Wesley beating Renth doesn't impress me at all. Good job, you won a set vs someone lower on the top ten. Darc won a set vs PC Chris, doesn't mean he's better or even close to his skill level. Also, didn't he just camp him with Falco? vs GANON?

*instigates more to see how far this goes :laugh:*
you've been a very bad cactuar!

shouldn't you have fled from battle by now?
Next time i see you i'm going to sit you in the corner and give you a time out.

:psycho:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Also, didn't he just camp him with Falco? vs GANON?
yea, you're right, I blatantly cheated to win that match. in fact, I win most of my games by playing as gay as possible, so in all actuallity, I'm pretty horrible at smash :urg: .

you know what, you're right, pittsburgh is terrible at smash. there's really no point in arguing it and I don't know why I even bothered trying. Just make the silly top 10 thing so that everyone who wants blue text so bad can get it and be done with it.

i'm done talking on this subject, so from here on out, I'll just follow suit and let my controller do the talking. hopefully I'll run into you philly guys when I'm back at home so that I can see how real smashers play the game.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Settle, settle.

Other PA smashers can think of us what they want if this is how it's going to be presented. Such condescending criticism based on evidence that weak proves nothing except that those critics are so painfully shallow of people that I'd sooner laugh at their remarks than take offense.

In regards to such, I've had a good laugh over this.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I think you missed the point of me saying Falco vs Ganon. That impresses me like a Sheik vs Pichu.

I don't consider anything cheap in 1v1, as it really isn't (other than banned glitches and such).

Someone bringing up you having beaten Renth really means nothing to me. All I hear from Pitt is trash talk now, and you don't have a right to it. The top players of PA are rightfully so because we have played and beaten known good players, and have been recognized for it. For you to challenge our position on things just because you take offense from us saying you suck, when in comparison, you do suck, is stupid. In all reality, Pitt guys are all average to below average players. To stand out, you need to beat people who are known, and Mow has done that, Javier has done that, I have done that. For you to argue about skill level with us is completely pointless. Like I said, Prove Yourself. Don't talk until you have.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Can we seriously stop acting like little kids in a sandbox and just drop the issue? I dont know where the trash talk from pittsburgh came from, but im pretty **** sure that its just people having some fun, and screwing around.

There really is no reason for this. I'd rather have us just chilling, and hanging out when we meet at a tournament rather than arguing over this stupid ****.

Anyway thats my last post on the topic.

D

Deleted member

awwww I was expecting people to want to improve to shut us up.

Proved me wrong.

Step it up. stop sucking.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
i have the perfect solution to settle all the drama amongst you silly PA smashers,

have PA state rankings!!!!

state ranks have done wonders to ease drama in NJ and NY...
everyone around here agrees so wonderfully now, just look at our threads :) :) :) :) :)

and no u cant have magus back :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
*sigh*. . . I know I said I'd stop talking about this, but I can't help myself. . .

Someone bringing up you having beaten Renth really means nothing to me. All I hear from Pitt is trash talk now, and you don't have a right to it. The top players of PA are rightfully so because we have played and beaten known good players, and have been recognized for it. For you to challenge our position on things just because you take offense from us saying you suck, when in comparison, you do suck, is stupid. In all reality, Pitt guys are all average to below average players. To stand out, you need to beat people who are known, and Mow has done that, Javier has done that, I have done that. For you to argue about skill level with us is completely pointless. Like I said, Prove Yourself. Don't talk until you have.
We're the one's talking trash. . ?

wtf is goin on, the only thing velocity doesn't care about is people from pittsburgh, and the deed is done
5. Pittsburgh Sucks at Smash.
6. Because We Have Had Players.
7. Go There And Play.
8. And **** You.
9. While Drunk.
10. And Barely Playing.
i just wanna see how much pittsburgh sucks, is that so hard to ask for

Proved me wrong.

I was looking for when someone from Pittsburgh ever said playes in philly suck or that (random pittsburgh player) should be top 10, and you know what, I couldn't find any... Sure, _HARM_ and I have talked some trash in this thread, but every time, I feel it's perfectly justified because you (other PA players), can't help but say that Pittsburgh sucks at smash when there has been no real inner-state play since the current Pittsburgh smash scene developed (myself, Pocky_D, swiftbass, the mcc crew, naka, ect ect ect...). I guess it sounded like I was trying to make a claim for myself being worthy of top 10 when I mentioned beating velocity and getting offended when you completely discounted me beating Renth, but honestly, I couldn't care less about the top 10. Also honestly, I think Renth is a better player than me, definately deserves to be above me, I just got lucky that my main counters the hell out of his. As for velocity, I wouldn't know, all I got was 1 tourny match with him and then 1 friendly game before we got booted from cybercon, but hey, he's proven himself more than me, so he's earned the top 10 slot a lot more than me. What I was trying to say is that every time we've played a top 10 player in the state, we've been competative with them, so we're tired of hearing nothing but "you guys suck". We're just asking for Pittsburgh to not be completely disregarded when considering PA as a whole.

@Mow - we're trying to step it up, and honestly, from where we were when we started playing regularly in Pittsburgh, we have. As I've kept saying, the biggest problem for Pittsburgh smash is that all of us are college students who don't have regular access to cars, so we can never travel to play yall, but at the same time, you guys won't visit here, because, well "pittsburgh sucks". So, I guess we'll try harder to find a way to travel, but I'm tired of you and Cactuar acting like we don't even play smash, we just log on here to bust your balls about not taking us seriously at smash. We play weekly, and anyone who has actually traveled to make it to a Duquesne friday has had a great time, we just have transportation issues. But whatever, I guess this is just sounding like another John, so I'll stop.

Hope this cleared up our viewpoint.

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
So much hate around here everybodys arguing about rankings does it really matter? Just play the game and have fun with it.

@Tuar you going to Nepa3 or don't you know yet?
besides when it comes down to the smashin, its me you all have to fear:grin:
come on now, there shouldnt be this much hostility in this game no matter what the level of game play is, its pointless........................, unless you get some sort of happy feeling out it then go for it i guess?
and of course i know there has to be a point of competition but come on, how old are we?

"go ghosts"

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman

Proved me wrong.

mow, try coming down to pittsburgh again. It's been awhile (to my knowlege). Didn't you come down for bacon last time? I can get you bacon. Lots of it. Good times to be had. And regardless of any drama on the boards, the pittsburgh guys are all quite affable in person...

except for A-Laon....

</3 A-Laon

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
mow, try coming down to pittsburgh again. It's been awhile (to my knowlege). Didn't you come down for bacon last time? I can get you bacon. Lots of it. Good times to be had. And regardless of any drama on the boards, the pittsburgh guys are all quite affable in person...

except for A-Laon....

</3 A-Laon
I love you cowboyardee:grin: ........

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
<3 dory (To those in the know, that's "Corey" or "Girlfren' ". *Wink* *Yup* *Business kicks paper mache model of the liberty bell* *Touches inside of own right upper thigh*)

</3 A-Laon

D

Deleted member

it's cool, we're just trying to instigate you to play us.

Renth

Smash Hero
mow, try coming down to pittsburgh again. It's been awhile (to my knowlege). Didn't you come down for bacon last time? I can get you bacon. Lots of it.
Max.. why was i uninformed that all it took to get you to go places is Bacon? :laugh:

p.s. i love the pittsburgh guys they're cool dudes.

Velocity

Smash Lord
i love pa and i love how i got this thread alive i knew saying something would get people posting and i dont hate pittsburgh , everything is hilarious

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Finally people realise that I'm not as good as people think I am.

Edit: Cactuar knows who I am. lolololololol <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom