• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
I am disappointed with the lack of Penn State University Park people here.

Currently in my freshman year at PSU main campus in Center county. I have a lot of friends here who are ok at the game. Me (Marth) and my friend (fox) are pretty amazing at the game. We've never been in any tournaments or anything so me just saying we are pretty amazing probably isn't very convincing and just makes it sound like we are the best of our group. But we both played many people in our home towns and were pretty much the best in each of them.

Unfortunately we don't really have much time currently to travel places for tournaments b/c once again, freshman year of college and a lot of work.

EDIT

and b/c this is the first day since December of 2005 that I have been here, I noticed I have a roy banner in my signature which I would love to be changed to Roy. So ignore the Roy as I havent' played as him in a year.

Dwin

Smash Rookie
Keith - Active
Email: ks9676@ship.edu
Cell: 717-860-9002

I just moved from Fayetteville/Chambersburg to Shippensburg. It's like a 20 minute move, but I don't know anyone around here yet *Could this be due to my lack of a pickup truck and/or and interest in cheap beer? Methinks so..* I'm going to college at Ship as well - business major. Cape lives less than 10 minutes from me, so if he holds another smashfest anytime soon, you turds are welcome to crash on furniture.

PA Player Finder

Smash Rookie
Very minor update.

If anybody wants a PDF of the Player Finder for whatever reason, let me know and I can send it to you somehow, since I don't have access to free hosting. Yeah I was bored.

tobg

Smash Cadet
tobg - Active -
AIM: frofro103 Email: angyrgig@gmail.com
sup, i live in mcmurray pa (washington county), about a mile or two south of the border of allegheny. im only 16 so im not yet mobile, and i havent even been into oakland for like 2 months, but if your in the area or im there with taki i might get a chance to play.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
name: BooThunder
crew: Steel City Smash
cell: 412-352-4019
activity: active +
i have a car and am always willing to play new people. I hate email because of all the school ****/spam I get, so just pm me.
PS: If I have my car and I'm in the mood for smashing (almost always if Im not doing something) I'm willing to travel great distances to play because I dont have a gamecube anymore, so call me

Velocity

Smash Lord
hey everyones getting there power rankings up are we making any sorta progress with ours, pa smash is so lacking of activity

pockyD

Smash Legend
to be fair PA is a bigger state than NJ or NYC (which is basically what the NY rankings are)

and also who cares? look at the threads for their power rankings; all it is is people getting angry at each other and lots of stupid pointless arguing. I think we can do without that

Velocity

Smash Lord
to be fair PA is a bigger state than NJ or NYC (which is basically what the NY rankings are)

and also who cares? look at the threads for their power rankings; all it is is people getting angry at each other and lots of stupid pointless arguing. I think we can do without that
last time i checked pa wasnt bigger then ny in size, pop. or pop. of smashers nj is also larger in terms of pop. of smashers

i see no one getting angry at eachother maybe debating but your stretching the word angry and if no one cares then there shouldn't be a problem with the list and even if there was i dont know any one in pa the would be that angry over it

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I kinda just like having the two groupings, Blue text and Gold text (with no order within each heading)... except I really don't know who all of those players are. I think only 7 or 8 of them are marked on the first page. There's supposed to be 10, right?

Has there ever been any tournament that basically all of PA's top players have been to? Just curious.

Velocity

Smash Lord
I kinda just like having the two groupings, Blue text and Gold text (with no order within each heading)... except I really don't know who all of those players are. I think only 7 or 8 of them are marked on the first page. There's supposed to be 10, right?

Has there ever been any tournament that basically all of PA's top players have been to? Just curious.
no but everyone should go to that big scranton tourny NEPA

well last time i heard they were keeping the text but just adding numbers to the people with text and putting them on a list

pockyD

Smash Legend
1. who is "they"
2. who would be qualified to make such a list? i know that west PA and east PA almost never play each other, and while i'm sure you guys love to say pittsburgh sucks and whatnot but you can't have an accurate list if you're just going to go by the assumption that there are no relevant players in a region

edit: you don't think that the NY thread is in conflict? maybe you should read it again

Velocity

Smash Lord
1. who is "they"
2. who would be qualified to make such a list? i know that west PA and east PA almost never play each other, and while i'm sure you guys love to say pittsburgh sucks and whatnot but you can't have an accurate list if you're just going to go by the assumption that there are no relevant players in a region

edit: you don't think that the NY thread is in conflict? maybe you should read it again
they = people that have played everyone / talk about this list / some of the people that are in charge of this thread

its called panelist

i think ny is conflict and they have alot more players so of course theres going to be that going on / its called accuracy everyone would agreee that the ny one isnt but the nj and conn are and so can pa i meen at the least there can alwasy be an east and west pa ranking to settle that but i mean u cant say that no one in west and east has played eachother cause all of the better of the 2 have numerous times of course theres going to be a period of time in which u havent played eachother and players can improve thats why u update the list but a list in general cant hurt pa the whole purpose of the list along with why the new thread was to improve the amount of playing in pa as a commmunity and i dont give a **** if i dont have any of these , . i really dont care

pockyD

Smash Legend
cut it out with the "i don't care", it's clear that you care about this far more than anyone else around here

I think pretty much everyone either knows exactly where they stand relative to everyone else or has had such limited experience against the others that there is no basis for judgment

power rankings don't bring anyone together or enhance any community; actual smashing does

so the obvious answer is just that we should have more statewide events instead =)

Velocity

Smash Lord
cut it out with the "i don't care", it's clear that you care about this far more than anyone else around here

I think pretty much everyone either knows exactly where they stand relative to everyone else or has had such limited experience against the others that there is no basis for judgment

power rankings don't bring anyone together or enhance any community; actual smashing does

so the obvious answer is just that we should have more statewide events instead =)
wow dont ever tell me to cut out anything i said i dont care about putting . , those in my sentences which u obvious didnt read my long run-on sentence as i didnt intend anyone to do

and dont think pretty much for everyone just state your opinion which you did dont speak for other people as you have been

in your opinion does power rankings not do anything

but atlast there should be more statewide events

finally my orignal post was asking how the power rankings are coming along not if there were going to be any cause there aready are going to created its just how long so you can argue against them all you want :cool:

takieddine

Smash Master
wow dont ever tell me to cut out anything i said i dont care about putting . , those in my sentences which u obvious didnt read my long run-on sentence as i didnt intend anyone to do

and dont think pretty much for everyone just state your opinion which you did dont speak for other people as you have been

in your opinion does power rankings not do anything

but atlast there should be more statewide events

finally my orignal post was asking how the power rankings are coming along not if there were going to be any cause there aready are going to created its just how long so you can argue against them all you want :cool:
Reading your posts is really really hard. lol...

pockyD

Smash Legend
i apologize; since you're not going to put any effort into making your posts more understandable, i guess i'll just drop it rather than spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to figure out what the hell you're trying to say

Velocity

Smash Lord
Reading your posts is really really hard. lol...
good lol

i apologize; since you're not going to put any effort into making your posts more understandable, i guess i'll just drop it rather than spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to figure out what the hell you're trying to say
yes "the deed is done"dot said. im doing alot of other stuff when i write all this stuff so i don't put any effort into it, its all for secret reasons....

i find this hilarious

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Power Rankings:

1. Cactuar/Mow/Javier
2. Doesn't Matter.
3. Everyone Else Sucks.
4. Stop Complaining.
5. Pittsburgh Sucks at Smash.
6. Because We Have Had Players.
7. Go There And Play.
8. And **** You.
9. While Drunk.
10. And Barely Playing.

I hear that "And **** You" guy is getting a lot better. He will probably be moving up on the list next update.

Edit: Seriously though. If I made a top 10 list for all of PA, there wouldn't be any Pitt smashers on it, so it doesn't really matter. I still have a panelist from there, but there are only like 2 people that would be considered for top 10, and it's extremely unlikely they would get it.

I'll get to making the ranking after Cat3.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I don't get why you guys don't jump all over Pittsburgh tournaments and claim your free money more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom