• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Orleans Dibbz Monthly #3 (2/1/2009)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hopefully PKMN card tourney thing happens after we finish all the brawl events. I'd love to get in some friendlies with OoS people during it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
=D

Me and my dad are going to come in friday, I told ihm about the tourny and he doesnt mind bringing me. I think we are just gona go around the french quarter like we used to do when I used to have to come to NO like every weekend.

So add me to the list and I am definatly looking forward to seeing everyone.

I suggest some1 bring a king cake for the spirit of the season, I saw they already had the bleachers and towers set up along the street.

=D

x10:)

Pritch

Smash Lord
When i was talking about melee people paying a venue fee I was only referring to you bc you owe me 2$ anyway. Lol. a joke kind of not really. I decided to start playing Only Marth in melee. I want to get amazing again as i am nowhere near where i was. I'll have to quit marth altogether in brawl though, but oh well. He's actually not fun in brawl anyway. lol.

To do list.
Keep Learning Snake to his fullest extent.
Relearn Marth the way he's supposed to be played.
Learn MVC2. I'm serious about this and played for a good while today :)
Do I seriously? I'm usually good about remembering that ****, but I have no recollection of this. Or are you just messing with me? Internets =/= good medium for sarcasm and etc.

I'll totally get you back next time I see you if I do in fact owe you money though.

And I fully support the re-amazingifying of your marth, since I don't get to play vs amazing marths anymore and need to remember wtf to do against them.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
i play mostly new cards. but i mixed up my deck and my friends deck with new and old cards. but i think the tourny that ile hold will make it so either its ALL old cards ina deck. or ALL new cards. no mixed. i think that would be fair. cause cyphus said he only plays old cards. and i only have new cards. so. :/ haha. its watever the people want now though. remember. we have change now. :]

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I've got a couple a new decks and then an old deck. I'll play you with whatever. If you have any trade stuff, bring it. Alex and I should have our stuff with us, new and old.

Also, do you have a teammate yet, CJ? If not, wanna team?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Not just one king cake... BUT TWO! O.O

Maybe three... Just depends on how turnout looks I guess. =P

I'm playing Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness right now... I'm such a poke-fan. XP

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I tried playing that, but I didn't care much for the gameplay. Not that it's necessarily back, just not my thing.

Also, Lee, I meant to ask you a question about the stage list. I've been using PS1 instead of Castle Siege for a starter the past few tournaments. Not that you should change it, but I was wondering if you've thought about which one you'd prefer to have.

It might be good for La. too look at its stages/ rules and revamp them. I don't think we've banned any of the infinites, just stalling in general, and Corneria seems to be a fairly accepted CP stage in other areas. Those are the first things that come to my mind right now.

Either way, it'd be cool if we could get a consistent rule set for all of our tournaments.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Haha, I tried playing that, but I didn't care much for the gameplay. Not that it's necessarily back, just not my thing.

Also, Lee, I meant to ask you a question about the stage list. I've been using PS1 instead of Castle Siege for a starter the past few tournaments. Not that you should change it, but I was wondering if you've thought about which one you'd prefer to have.

It might be good for La. too look at its stages/ rules and revamp them. I don't think we've banned any of the infinites, just stalling in general, and Corneria seems to be a fairly accepted CP stage in other areas. Those are the first things that come to my mind right now.

Either way, it'd be cool if we could get a consistent rule set for all of our tournaments.
I like PS1 as a starter more than Castle Siege. But I don't like Corneria :(

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
It's cool, CJ. Who are you teaming with?

I'm not too sure what to think about Corneria myself. Basically, the wall seems like it could be a problem. I assume ROB, Marth, and G&W can all get d-tilt locks, plus DDD can easily infinite a lot of characters there if he gets a grab. Then again, we can restrict infinites to prevent stalling, and the rest of the stage isn't bad.

Sudai

Stuff here
Corneria:
That fin promotes camping even more in Brawl than it did in Melee. Due to Brawl's floatyness, blindspots below a character are more easily taken advantage.

As for wall infinites: DK (grab), ROB, GnW, MK, Marth, Falco (laser lock), Ice Climbers (ice block lock, really easy to set-up with a grab too, but I think it's possible to SDI out of by SDIing towards the ICs, but iunno), and any character with a jab lock or variant that I didn't mention.

Oh, it's also an auto-win stage for Ness, GnW, and Lucas if the player has ears, but I don't think I need to go into that.

Over all, I was iffy about it in Melee, now with the changes in Brawl, I'm basically full swing against it as a 1v1 CP. Teams is a different issue though.

Siege vs PS1 vs Delfino (that's right, I went there)
I'm not really sure which I think deserves to be a neutral CP more. Both are transformation stages. The only bad thing about either are walk offs and walls. I actually think we should get rid of Delfino as a neutral and have both Siege and PS1.

My reasoning? It's more random than Siege and PS1, and it has all the downfalls of both:
-Walk offs for extended periods.
-Walls for extended periods.
-Ledges that can screw certain characters over.
-Transformations.

Some negative things it has the the other two don't:
-Water. I've never been a fan of water as it definitely alters gameplay and when one character goes in, the game becomes centered around the water play. Definitely not as bad as walls or walkoffs, but Delfino already has both, why add the third?

Reasons for Delfino over PS1:
-Ledges aren't as bad for as many characters.
-I can't really think of any more.. >.>;

Reasons for Delfino over Siege:
-I really can't think of any of these right now. o.o

So basically, I think we should replace Delfino with PS1 and leave Siege on.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I don't know why but I like Delfino better than Siege.

BUT, if I had my choice I would make PS1 a starter. Then I would make Delfino and Siege both cp's.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4583

There you go, Lee. Even if you don't like AiB, it can be a good tool to host detailed results like pools and brackets as well as get in touch with players who don't read Smashboards.
Thanks a bunch, Randall. :) As far as the stages i find Castle Seige is more neutral than PS1 and Delfino. I think Delfino is more neutral than ps1 too though. I may add Delfino to the list of neutrals and take off Siege. We'll see I guess. It'll probably get striked anyway lol.

Pritch, if you don't remember don't worry about it. I wasn't expecting it anyway.

Hyro, I love you and we're gonna dominate teams!! :D

HolyChef, are you coming alone?>>>

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Separate Post For Importance.

PLEASE. If I could get 2-3 more setups.(tv-wii-brawl) it would really be appreciated.
I just want this to run smoothly and people can get in more friendlies etc.

If anybody can bring a power strip please let me know! Thanks.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'll have a power strip with my setup. Have you talked to Chad about him brining his setup?

Delfino is already on the Starter list, by the way.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Actually, it just clicked for me last night that I never got you back for the last little bit of gas $ from when we carpooled to BR. Totally my bad about that, and I'll definitely hook you up this weekend.

(And yes, I'm aware it's not a lot of money to be worried about, but remembering my debts to people is kind of a big deal to me and I'm more than a little annoyed at myself for forgetting this one just on general principle)

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to make it this time. I work Sunday, and I have Saturday off to go visit my parents who are going to be in Destin this weekend. Bad timing, but at least I'll get to smash with the Panhandle Manhandlers again though.

(this is Manko btw, was logged on this name to edit FL Thread)

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
I miss louisiana

Lee is butthole and i love it

pokemanz is sex

im gonna try and make it to this and see if i can't bring some more texas players. would housing be possible by any chance?

sudai i wanna play your rob!

i wanna pitto the one called Wu

also.... IS RICKY B GOING TO THIS?! dude if we go i promise ill play pokemanz wit you this time i just need to get my cards back from poptop :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not just one king cake... BUT TWO! O.O

Maybe three... Just depends on how turnout looks I guess. =P

I'm playing Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness right now... I'm such a poke-fan. XP
I have that game too. I think it's really broken. I think my pokemon are all like level 50? or 60? I dont remeber but its one of those but I think its so broken cuz in the battle range I got to the 99th platform and all my pokemon are like at least 10 levels behind of their opponents. I only lost cuz the 99 platform girl uses a bomber tactic (ironic mouch?) where she uses a combo of protect and explosion. She blew me a way(irony again). After that it was harder for me to get back up there. I think I should start playing it again cuz I'm tired of playing brawl everyday and its getting a bit boring. Also another essence of broken is when you have to go into the undergound base in the desert: I got up to the boss girl with the pick hair with just Flareon and Ursaring. The only Uber I use is Zapdos, but he isnt that much of a help =/

I still find XD a fun game. I think tommorow or thrusday I'm ogna go pick it back up and try to complete the batte zone.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Oh gosh, I just realize that if I wanna do decent, I'm gonna have to practice T_T. Btw, one of my friends is supposed to be coming. Put him down as "Mak" (with an asterisk).

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lee, I hope you still love me once we get last place in teams ^_^

Looks like a nice turnout for the tourney already :O definitley more than the last dibbz.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
seiya, come!.
furbs, come.!
Hyro, we should do well.

Who else can bring a tv/wii?
ooo will you have B hole there?

kk so its very possible that Furbs, Beah!, Sethlon, and I will attend on sunday i just have to make sure my car is good enough to make the journey and what not.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Whoa! Now this tourney's getting really huge!

...I hope my body can take it...

Now I need to get 3 King Cakes. XP

Ruse

Fox
looks like im goin with ruse.

also ruse hasnt asked me to team up so..........................................................
Shotty.

Wanna team?

Also, instead of paying the entry fee, can I just bring a street sign with Lee's name on it?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
ooo will you have B hole there?

kk so its very possible that Furbs, Beah!, Sethlon, and I will attend on sunday i just have to make sure my car is good enough to make the journey and what not.
Zomg, Sethlon. I hope he plays some Melee friendlies, everyone says his Roy is something every smasher should experience at least once.

Top Bottom