• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New New MA Player Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Ack, I misread your PM and thought you lived 15 minutes from the tournament! An hour and fifteen minutes is going to be a problem. I actually live an hour and 45 minutes from the event myself, so its sending me in nearly the opposite direction. Are there any other places that might be closer?

Cobra its no problem. I'll still have Saturday morning to practice anyway if I'm not able to visit anyone, lol. I'll have to talk to Jinx, because I think he lives pretty close by the event.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
If you make it Thursday I'm doing absolutely nothing since today is my last day of school, and I don't work Thursdays.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163. this is in nyc.

marth617

Smash Apprentice
Name - marth617/War
Hometown - boston/dorchester
Main Character(s) - Wolf
Game Preference (Melee or Brawl) - rather play brawl online or offline
AIM - smashking617

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Name-Strykerx345 "Strykz"
Hometown- North Andover
Mains: Marth, Snake, Wario
Preference-Brawl online
AIM-simpsonite74

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
wow i cant believe so many people prefeer brawl online. Me personnally i hate the lag cant stand not being able to punish certain moves because of lag. I guess if you dont depend on small frame setups you can probally let it go but fock taht i either play with no lag or dont play at all.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
i love playing brawl but i hate how people whine about the game sometimes, people should just be manly and either deal with or shut the **** up, so i would only play people who remember to play the game and have fun with it. In causuals i have fun with the game cause i pick the best character in casuals his name is random;)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Eh, the lag is not so much a problem as just a major pain in the butt. Sure, not being able to set up on a low frame count is annoying, but you can see what your opponent is doing from a mile away. It's basically just making brawl even slower than it already is.

Hamsters.

Elen

Smash Lord
Driz's AIM is blatantly wrong. That's clearly Miso's AIM xD Switch it up ;)

marth617

Smash Apprentice
i love brawl but yea the whole delay when playing online rly does suck but if u play online alot u wouldnt even notice the whole lag/delay as much anymore. that goes for me idk about others tho.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
i love playing brawl but i hate how people whine about the game sometimes, people should just be manly and either deal with or shut the **** up, so i would only play people who remember to play the game and have fun with it. In causuals i have fun with the game cause i pick the best character in casuals his name is random;)
manly..? brawl?? wrong. There cannot be manly, and brawl in the same sentence. Have you NOT watched elen's combo video? pssht, what are you doing with your life.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
So are there any weeklies or bi-weeklies in the south mass area. From what I saw on the first post there's only one person that I see that's close to me, but I haven't been put up yet anyway so Idk if there's more.

I was also wondering why this thread hasn't been made into two different threads. One that's purely a location thread. and one that's just the MA thread i think it would make updating the player finder a lot easier.

Spife

Smash Master
I am hosting a tournament at my school (don't even try, students from my school only), if that goes well I'll be hosting a second, slightly larger one (Students, friends and family, again, don't even try). IF that goes well I'll post the third one on Smash boards and hopefully do a bi-weekly thing, provided I can use the space in the summer.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
Well I asked for southern mass. And If i remember correctly greenfield is like a 2 hour trip from where I am so I'm probably not going to be showing up for anything out there. Unless you happen to have a huge tourney.

Also what's the point of stating those first two tournaments if there going to be exclusive to certain people.

Spife

Smash Master
Sorry, Southern Mass was an hour away in my head.
I mentioned the first two because I don't want to be the kind of person to not follow up (i.e. the alternative to my previous post would have been, "I'll be hosting tournies soon" and there's a chance they wont happen). I'm giving this thread a heads up though that probably some time in June, provided all goes well, I'll start hosting tournies in Greenfield (I just did what I didn't want to do heh).

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I remember the good old days of hosting tournaments at my basement.

Unfortunately, my basement will be filled up, so there will no longer be any tournaments or gatherings at my house (unless otherwise stated by me).

What we should do, is rent out a restaurant, get all you can eat food, and use their Flat Screen LCD 1080 TV's to play brawl so we can john about how laggy this TV is and how manly Elen's combo video is.

flaco

The Terminator
hey spife could you do me a favor?

Saturday are you going to mass madness if you are could you give me a ride bro?

Spife

Smash Master
I am going (lulz we talked about this but I don't want people to think I'm ignoring you) but I am not sure if I will have room. I'll try and find out tomorrow and get back to you.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I am going (lulz we talked about this but I don't want people to think I'm ignoring you) but I am not sure if I will have room. I'll try and find out tomorrow and get back to you.
JUST TRYING TO SPAM THIS THREAD HUH? THAT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

oh wait, what am i doing.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
This topic is for spam. That's what player finders are for. If we didn't spam, it'd get lost and no one would ever post their info and it would become useless.

And the best kind of spam is the true kind. The kind that says that brawl sucks.

BTW, Dan, I'm totally up for that. Let's get that **** rolling.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
This topic is for spam. That's what player finders are for. If we didn't spam, it'd get lost and no one would ever post their info and it would become useless.

And the best kind of spam is the true kind. The kind that says that brawl sucks..

very well put, you deserve a <3

btw.. MM9 IN 2 DAYS W00T W00T :]]]]]]]

AND HERE'S BETTER NEWS

IT'S CONFIRMED IM GOING

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
GTA4 is a good game. But only with cheats. And you have to die every chance you get.

F-Zero is a good game. Dan, I wanna play you in that, I hear you're pretty good.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I remember the good old days of hosting tournaments at my basement.

Unfortunately, my basement will be filled up, so there will no longer be any tournaments or gatherings at my house (unless otherwise stated by me).

What we should do, is rent out a restaurant, get all you can eat food, and use their Flat Screen LCD 1080 TV's to play brawl so we can john about how laggy this TV is and how manly Elen's combo video is.
yeah but it has to be at an asian buffet place right? with drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom