• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New New MA Player Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm going to be coming back home for the summer and it seems like there's a good size smash community but just not really in my area at all. But it doesn't seem like this forum has been updated for awhile

Name - pirateguru
Hometown - Brockton
Main Character(s) - Sonic, Metaknight
-
Game Preference - brawl
Car - yes
Commuter Rail - brockton stop

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna hold a brawlfest to practice for MM?
I was thinking the same thing, since its been a while since I played and I could sure use some practice.

If anyone is interested, I could certainly hold a fest at my house. Anyone is also welcome to stop by this week to play, since I only have a paper to finish and will not start my job until next week. I live in RI btw, but pizza and other cool games should make it worth the trip! I should be able to get OAK and maybe the amazing KevinM to come too. I'd sure like to see some of the other new RI players there too, like Milo (who is really good).

Post here or PM me if you have any interest. The same offer goes to anyone in RI, naturally.

Spife

Smash Master
As far as I know the only other Traceur is Matt.

I actually went out and practiced some stuff today in the rain, it actually wasn't that bad. I decided learning kong vaults was out, but w/e, I'm getting better at reverses and 360's and actually learning to flow from one vault to the next. BTW, yesterday on youtube the featured vids were all parkour related, there was a ton of good demo material, and some really well-made vids. I think it was to celebrate Belle's birthday.

Anyways, we should go and hit the playplace at the MickyD's next to GU at Mass Madness, for the hell of it.

how would a play place be good for practicing >_____>;
god it's been a while, reverse vaults are when you vault an object behind you, but wth is this 360 you're talkin' about?

Yeah rains not that bad, I don't know if I have good flow though lol, I have nasty step outs from kongs and monkeys though so I probably do >__>

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
My flow sucks, I'm actually only learning to link stuff now. I still can't kong or monkey, though, those are really the only basic things I need to learn (And dash vaults, but those suck).

A 360 vault is kinda useless, but it's when you spin 360 over the obstacle while vaulting. There's a way to do it such that you can throw yourself out of it with a lot more speed than you went in with, though.

Talking about Parkour online sucks though. Where is Greenfield?

Spife

Smash Master
My flow sucks, I'm actually only learning to link stuff now. I still can't kong or monkey, though, those are really the only basic things I need to learn (And dash vaults, but those suck).

A 360 vault is kinda useless, but it's when you spin 360 over the obstacle while vaulting. There's a way to do it such that you can throw yourself out of it with a lot more speed than you went in with, though.

Right, 360 vault. I just do it like a turn vault and instead of landing, you keep the rotation up by pushing off with the second hand. Greenfield is in North Western Mass (it's about 2 hours away from where MM 7 8 9 were/will be held).

If you're at Chestnut Hill, you're about 2 hours away from Greenfield. That's too far for me right now, but you should try and hit a UMass Jam, they're really great, I want to hit a Boston jam (baby pool specifically) but I'm not gonna hit a jam till I warm up and I'll need a few weeks for that.

Again, Im pretty sure my flow is terrible, my uh.."tech skill" (>.>) wasn't bad though, cept' that I had a short kong. I should start on flow :bee:

ThreeX

Smash Lord

Right, 360 vault. I just do it like a turn vault and instead of landing, you keep the rotation up by pushing off with the second hand. Greenfield is in North Western Mass (it's about 2 hours away from where MM 7 8 9 were/will be held).

If you're at Chestnut Hill, you're about 2 hours away from Greenfield. That's too far for me right now, but you should try and hit a UMass Jam, they're really great, I want to hit a Boston jam (baby pool specifically) but I'm not gonna hit a jam till I warm up and I'll need a few weeks for that.

Again, Im pretty sure my flow is terrible, my uh.."tech skill" (>.>) wasn't bad though, cept' that I had a short kong. I should start on flow :bee:

yea well, atleast i can do jc shines irl, and SHL...

beetches.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Where in RI you live?
Wakefield, RI. It would be a pleasure to have you Cobra! It would also be nice to have you as well Spife, although I don't think we've met before. I'm sure that I could get some of the other RI players to attend as well, and I'd provide pizza and soda for visitors (as there aren't too many, lol).

However, if that location is too far for you, perhaps we could find a place somewhat closer to MA, although I don't know what location we could use. I would say Fall River might be a good idea, but I'm pretty sure that Hayato is busy all week.

syndicate

Smash Apprentice
Anything going down this weekend, or any day at all I'm gonna be madd bored when I get back to MA tomorrow. Anyone wanna meet up and play, I got a car I can travel and also a setup if needed. Lemme know.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Anything going down this weekend, or any day at all I'm gonna be madd bored when I get back to MA tomorrow. Anyone wanna meet up and play, I got a car I can travel and also a setup if needed. Lemme know.
Good stuff! If you want to come to play me, you are certainly welcome! There are a number of other players in Boston or nearby like Cobra, so if you could bring them too, we could surely hold a mini tournament.

Spife

Smash Master
Saturday is MM9, go there.

Spife, can we be best buddies at MM9?
Yes let's. I'm the Link main who isn't Skler (i.e. I'm bad lul)...And this is when mat.zamus says "GERM's coming?!?!?!" >.~ I need to make more friends this time around, and 3x don't hijack posts if you're not going D:<

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys hit me up on AIM imp0rtedscr3wup, maybe we can play tomorrow, or something
Sounds like an idea, I wanted to get some practice in myself. where/when would you propose we hold this shindig get-together brawl party?

AIM = Krynnkid2

@Unknownforce - I would love to go down there and play man, but it's like 2 hours to get there and then 2 hours back, and that's NOT including if I'm picking up others. I invoke the gas rule that you invoked for not being at my tournament. (the excuse is totally legitimate by the way, $3.50/gallon for gas nowadays, is just gross.)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Sounds like an idea, I wanted to get some practice in myself. where/when would you propose we hold this shindig get-together brawl party?

AIM = Krynnkid2

@Unknownforce - I would love to go down there and play man, but it's like 2 hours to get there and then 2 hours back, and that's NOT including if I'm picking up others. I invoke the gas rule that you invoked for not being at my tournament. (the excuse is totally legitimate by the way, $3.50/gallon for gas nowadays, is just gross.)
I understand. Perhaps you guys could hold something on Friday, preferably nearby the tournament? I could probably come that way.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
NO! Springfield is FAIL. j/k.

Yeah, Spife, if you're free thursday, there's gonna be a couple of us at the Baby Pool in Charleston. Me and matt ran into some guy there, we're going back thursday to meet him again. Just thought I'd tell ya.

BTW, do you have AIM or something? Hijacking this thread for postcount seems immoral. PM me if you do.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I understand. Perhaps you guys could hold something on Friday, preferably nearby the tournament? I could probably come that way.
Friday is a bad day for me, I'm out all day that day. I'm sorry it's not really workin out for ya. I guess, if you WANTED to, you could come up Friday, find people in the area to play and I could house you until the next day when we both go to Mass Madness.

...that actually wouldn't be so bad if you don't mind me being available until like 11 pm that night. Just an idea

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
im gonan try to arange something on friday with unknown i have a wii and one of my crew members can probally bring another and of course brawl. So if all works out well we can have a little smash gathering at my aparment on friday.Post up if your interested. For those of you who dont know me im a cool guy so dont worry if you decide to come you'll have fun.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Friday is a bad day for me, unless you make it in RI, then it'd be good. :)

I wouldnt' be able to stay because I work Friday nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom