• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new moves that are worse

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
whose new moves do u think make the character worse, or are just useless

i think marios water gun waas a waste of an attack, nice to see it since mario sunshine, but not much of an effect

peach's new butt bomb or whatevr it is called is worse now
same with jiggly's new rest move
falco's new reflector move is cool and makes him more diffrent than fox, but its not always great

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Peach's side b is way better. Is has more rage, is reliable for recovery, and is floatier and has less lag after it is executed.

The "water gun" is called Fludd btw.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
FLUDD is not that useless. Good for some edge-guarding action.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Bowser's klaw.

You heard me. >_>

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
FLUDD is one of the few reasons Mario is higher than Sonic. FLUUD, along with his cape gives him the gimping ability to make up for his lack of good KO moves.

I'd say that Falco's new dspecial is better than if he used it the old way. Normal reflector style isn't as great if it can't infinite combo. His kick gives him good range.

For a new move that made an existing character worse, it would definetly be Toon Link's dair. I would play Toon more often if he had the same dair that he had when he was Young Link.

Tamoo

Smash Master
pretty much all of falcon actually, kirby's up air in no longer a reliable killer.
pikachus upair and bair, marth's fsmash, luigi misfire, samus's projectiles,
some moves that have been nerfed considerably

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I don't remember Jigglypuff's Sing being useful.

jaaboy

Smash Cadet
you could short hop sings and get away with a free sleep if you were ballsy in melee, but its all of useless in brawl now

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Peach's Down Smash.. Sob sob .. But I cant complain... Her Down aerial .. Forward Aerial and Speacial moves have improved greatly... Wait.. Turnips too...

Frown

poekmon
Mewtwo's up B was nerfed, and his new ninja outfit is lame.

Link's up B was really OMGWTFIONLYHAD70%ANDGOTKILLED in Melee, but now, Sonic uses his side taunt at it.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's up B was nerfed, and his new ninja outfit is lame.

Link's up B was really OMGWTFIONLYHAD70%ANDGOTKILLED in Melee, but now, Sonic uses his side taunt at it.
links upb really needed a nerf. there is this one kid who uses only it, and it is so annoying

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I liked Marth's old Shield Breaker, but it works.

Yoshi's Up B combined with terrible air dodge just don't work.

Samus, just about all of 'em.

FLUDD isn't great, but it has its(albeit few) uses.

Sonic's Down B/Forward B would've been great if they weren't so similar.

The Koopa Klaw wasn't as sweet(IMO), but it does its job. Except in All-Star, ****it!

Pikachu's Air Back A has sucked since Melee, and his Forward B probably isn't as awesome as Pichu's.

Jigglypuff...just Jigglypuff.

I prefer Mr. Game & Watch's Up B in Melee.

Way too many others to list, probably.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
REST, it sucks in brawl. it cant be used for any really good combos because they removed the side knockback. it could be OK if it didn't have purely vertical knockback, despite having like less than half of its original power.

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Well unfortunately, some characters had to get nerfed a bit for one reason or another. Imagine if all the moves from Melee remained the same when Brawl came out. There would be some crazy stuff going on.

Top Bottom