• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they do but no matter how many times I PM them, they dont respond. :(

Yeah same here, I had watched your channel on youtube, very nice wolf. I can't wait to play him with mah Ike and Samus. :D I loved the video where (I think it was your mom) someone said "Breakfast Davis!" and you respond with..."Kay" and you keep playing. That was funny.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I have their phone numbers. I'll PM them to you.

Lol, really? My audio on my computer was busted the day I put them on, so I haven't heard them. That's pretty funny. I had pancakes and bacon!

EDIT: :(
I looked in my contacts and I don't have their numbers anymore. I must've had them deleted when I got my new phone. Sorry.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Alright then. :)

Yeah, bacon and pancakes sound pretty good about now. I'm in college until about 6pm today, I'll starve for the most part of the day due to my classes. :(

Its all cool, I've only played Chefman once on Wifi, and surprisingly there was more lag then there would be fight ppl OOS on wifi. :O

I don't think I know CJ, have you heard from him lately?

Oh! could you vid any fights of me fighting at the fest? :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
This...this is absolutely unacceptable. Tsch, tsch...Neil, you're sick. Paul, if you forget it, I got you covered. I'll bring my Wii which has it downloaded, and if that doesn't work, I'll bring my 64 and bring Starfox with me. AS LONG AS SOMEONE HAS A 64 CONTROLLER WE CAN USE, AS I DON'T HAVE ANY.
I'll bring one. I'd also like to bring smash 64 for the fest. I haven't played it in Sooooo long, I don't even remember what it's like.

Also, a poll of who thinks Meta Knight should be banned here

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
The Cure Gaming's Current Smash Rankings

First off, I want to say that these rankings are based solely on TOURNAMENT PLACINGS. If you don't enter tournaments, then you won't be on the list. We're not interested in who thinks they are the best, but in who actually competes and places well. Also, this ranking list is what we will use for our future player sponsorships. So if you're interested in being a sponsored player, this is the place to look. If you aren't interested in that, then take it with a grain of salt. For a full break-down of points totals and how many each event is worth, you can PM or if I get a a lot of requests, I will post it for all to see. It's not complicated, it just favors more points for larger tournaments, but not so many that small tournaments can't make up the difference. So without further chit-chat, here are the lists. To save space, I will only post the top 10 players. At our myspace and website, we will have the full listings.

Also, THE RANKINGS WILL CHANGE AT EVERY EVENT AS PLAYERS GAIN MORE POINTS. THE MORE TOURNAMENTS THAT HAPPEN, THE MORE PARITY THERE WILL BE IN THE RANKINGS.

Smash Bros. Brawl

1st - Dekar - 410 points
2nd - Ax - 285 points
3rd - Gekko - 200 points
4th - Spacey - 175 points
5th - Camm - 155 points
5th - Ryu - 155 points
7th - Sinz - 150 points
8th - Pugboy - 130 points
8th - Blan - 130 points
10th - GunBunny - 110 points
10th - Sephi - 110 points
10th - Moosey - 110 points
10th - Delta - 110 points

xion07

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring one. I'd also like to bring smash 64 for the fest. I haven't played it in Sooooo long, I don't even remember what it's like.

I've been wanting to play you. I watched your matches at the UNM, you have a pretty good Zelda.

First off, I want to say that these rankings are based solely on TOURNAMENT PLACINGS. If you don't enter tournaments, then you won't be on the list. We're not interested in who thinks they are the best, but in who actually competes and places well. Also, this ranking list is what we will use for our future player sponsorships. So if you're interested in being a sponsored player, this is the place to look. If you aren't interested in that, then take it with a grain of salt. For a full break-down of points totals and how many each event is worth, you can PM or if I get a a lot of requests, I will post it for all to see. It's not complicated, it just favors more points for larger tournaments, but not so many that small tournaments can't make up the difference. So without further chit-chat, here are the lists. To save space, I will only post the top 10 players. At our myspace and website, we will have the full listings.

Also, THE RANKINGS WILL CHANGE AT EVERY EVENT AS PLAYERS GAIN MORE POINTS. THE MORE TOURNAMENTS THAT HAPPEN, THE MORE PARITY THERE WILL BE IN THE RANKINGS.

Smash Bros. Brawl

1st - Dekar - 410 points
2nd - Ax - 285 points
3rd - Gekko - 200 points
5th - Camm - 155 points
5th - Ryu - 155 points
7th - Sinz - 150 points
8th - Blan - 130 points
Ummmm...what? Does someone want to tell me who this is? Really, that list is not accurate on any level whatsoever if you're using ALL the tournaments that we have had here in NM. Here's what it SHOULD look like:

1st: Sinz(too many points to count)
2nd: Alphabravo
3rd: Steven
3rd: Neil
3rd: Davis
3rd: Erich
4th: Dekar

ETC. That looks a heck of a lot more accurate than whatever list that just was. Where did you even get those point values from? My list isn't even accurate, as their has been some moving around in tournament placings as of late. I just want to know why Davis, Steven, Neil, Paul, and myself are NOWHERE on your whack list.

What events are you considering a "tournament?" You've missed out buddy, you've missed out on something like 6 tournaments that have already happened.

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
They're based on tournaments that The Cure Gaming has organized. It's based on players who have entered and competed in our events. If you haven't competed much, then you don't have many points. This is only the top ten, it will change with more events. First place at a standard event is 150 points, 1st place at a special event is 300 points.

Secondly, read the top part: I made it easy for you :

"First off, I want to say that these rankings are based solely on TOURNAMENT PLACINGS. If you don't enter tournaments, then you won't be on the list. We're not interested in who thinks they are the best, but in who actually competes and places well. Also, this ranking list is what we will use for our future player sponsorships. So if you're interested in being a sponsored player, this is the place to look. If you aren't interested in that, then take it with a grain of salt. For a full break-down of points totals and how many each event is worth, you can PM or if I get a a lot of requests, I will post it for all to see. It's not complicated, it just favors more points for larger tournaments, but not so many that small tournaments can't make up the difference. So without further chit-chat, here are the lists. To save space, I will only post the top 10 players. At our myspace and website, we will have the full listings.

Also, THE RANKINGS WILL CHANGE AT EVERY EVENT AS PLAYERS GAIN MORE POINTS. THE MORE TOURNAMENTS THAT HAPPEN, THE MORE PARITY THERE WILL BE IN THE RANKINGS."

Dekar173

Justice Man
Essentially the rankings weight different criteria describing your placing in Cure's eyes (I wish I had the time to bother writing an algorithm actually describing just how weighted each criteria is) skill, time available to go to a tournament, and willingness to go to said tournament.

This will become a reliable power ranking source for New Mexico within the next few months, consider it (for now) to be in beta stages :]

As for the smashfest: I really wish I could commit but I don't think I can Neil, maybe. >< If it happens, Molly's coming with me and we're gonna **** you with the fury of twin white power Kirbys!!!

tl;dr frosted butts.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Notice how I swiftly avoided the Johns argument. I remember when I first invented the proper way to accuse someone of johns (you need to act it out). I'll explain myself at the smashfest. Only Paul probably knows what I'm talking about, but whatever.

*kills himself*

Oh wait. I'm too badass for that. I forgot.

Ok, I'm coming to your thingy, Neil, but no way I'll suck your **** or kiss your ***. That's what I have my hoes for.

I had a lot of other crap I wanted to say, but I can't remember, so:
Everett you better come to the fest. I need someone good to practice new techniques.
Can I borrow your hoes on occasion? Those occasions will most likely be school dances. And thanks for confirming. Everett WILL come to the fest or he will suck your **** and kiss your *** and suck my **** and kiss my ***, just not necessarily in that order.

@Neil- It's all good. I know how that goes. But yeah lets have some Ike dittos and have some rounds with my Samus! Oh, I plan on showing up early, it starts a noon right?
SHOW UP EARLIER. The fest can start as early as 10:00 am if you want it that way. Remember the fest has rules, the first rule being "Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any you want it, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo..."

Dekar! You should bring Guilty Gear to the Smash fest so you can pwn me at it.
Casey has to bring GG because he's probably going to your game day also. GG has to be there, especially because Tony's been *itching about it all the time.

I came. I saw. I voted. Then I came again.

Hey look, NM has power rankings! Lolololol
Is that all you can say in one post? Now I'm curious Steven. It seems to me that your posts have some kind of "character carrying capacity." Most of your posts are short, sweet, and usually pointless. Post like a man ;)

Out of nowhere, I'd like to propse a new NM power rankings for A NEW CATEGORY:
New Mexico Super Smash Bros. Original (64) Tier List:
1 Paul?
2 Someone else?
3 Someone else?
4. Definitely not Cameron?
5. Cameron doesn't even belong on the list?
6. But Cameron claims that he is the best in NM at SSB64?

As for the smashfest: I really wish I could commit but I don't think I can Neil, maybe. >< If it happens, Molly's coming with me and we're gonna **** you with the fury of twin white power Kirbys!!!

tl;dr frosted butts.
YOU BETTER COMMIT SON. AND YOU BETTER BE COMMINWITIT like silent wolf. And Molly can't ****, she doesn't have a ***** nor a dildo.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright then. :)

Yeah, bacon and pancakes sound pretty good about now. I'm in college until about 6pm today, I'll starve for the most part of the day due to my classes. :(

Its all cool, I've only played Chefman once on Wifi, and surprisingly there was more lag then there would be fight ppl OOS on wifi. :O

I don't think I know CJ, have you heard from him lately?

Oh! could you vid any fights of me fighting at the fest? :D
CJ stopped playing Smash a little while before Brawl came out. He was too busy with school. We've haven't seen him in a long time.

I'm starving D:

I came. I saw. I voted. I came again, but more than Neil.

Smash Bros. Brawl

1st - Dekar - 410 points
2nd - Ax - 285 points
3rd - Gekko - 200 points
5th - Camm - 155 points
5th - Ryu - 155 points
7th - Sinz - 150 points
8th - Blan - 130 points
Ummmm...what? Does someone want to tell me who this is? Really, that list is not accurate on any level whatsoever if you're using ALL the tournaments that we have had here in NM. Here's what it SHOULD look like:

1st: Sinz(too many points to count)
2nd: Alphabravo
3rd: Steven
3rd: Neil
3rd: Davis
3rd: Erich
4th: Dekar

ETC. That looks a heck of a lot more accurate than whatever list that just was. Where did you even get those point values from? My list isn't even accurate, as their has been some moving around in tournament placings as of late. I just want to know why Davis, Steven, Neil, Paul, and myself are NOWHERE on your whack list.

What events are you considering a "tournament?" You've missed out buddy, you've missed out on something like 6 tournaments that have already happened.
The Cure Gaming made it very evident that the results were based off of their tournaments, Erich. Also, what? No offense, but Steven and I are WAY better than you and Neil at Brawl. Like... lots.

Essentially the rankings weight different criteria describing your placing in Cure's eyes (I wish I had the time to bother writing an algorithm actually describing just how weighted each criteria is) skill, time available to go to a tournament, and willingness to go to said tournament.

This will become a reliable power ranking source for New Mexico within the next few months, consider it (for now) to be in beta stages :]

tl;dr frosted butts.
You better be there, or you owe me a BJ.

When is the next Cure tournament?

Also, I'd tell you to tell Molly I say hi, but she'd probably respond with some insult, so I'll pass. Get *****, son.

P.S. I own your Kirby team.
P.S.S. ****, I forgot.

Notice how I swiftly avoided the Johns argument. I remember when I first invented the proper way to accuse someone of johns (you need to act it out). I'll explain myself at the smashfest. Only Paul probably knows what I'm talking about, but whatever.

Can I borrow your hoes on occasion? Those occasions will most likely be school dances. And thanks for confirming. Everett WILL come to the fest or he will suck your **** and kiss your *** and suck my **** and kiss my ***, just not necessarily in that order.

SHOW UP EARLIER. The fest can start as early as 10:00 am if you want it that way. Remember the fest has rules, the first rule being "Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any you want it, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo..."

Casey has to bring GG because he's probably going to your game day also. GG has to be there, especially because Tony's been *itching about it all the time.

I came. I saw. I voted. Then I came again.

Is that all you can say in one post? Now I'm curious Steven. It seems to me that your posts have some kind of "character carrying capacity." Most of your posts are short, sweet, and usually pointless. Post like a man ;)

Out of nowhere, I'd like to propse a new NM power rankings for A NEW CATEGORY:
New Mexico Super Smash Bros. Original (64) Tier List:
1 Paul?
2 Someone else?
3 Someone else?
4. Definitely not Cameron?
5. Cameron doesn't even belong on the list?
6. But Cameron claims that he is the best in NM at SSB64?

YOU BETTER COMMIT SON. AND YOU BETTER BE COMMINWITIT like silent wolf. And Molly can't ****, she doesn't have a ***** nor a dildo.
Usually I would be the one to call out "Johns!" However, I think you've stolen... whatever title that might've given me, Neil. I'll be playing a match and someone will say something and, clear across the room, you will scream "JOHNS!" Good stuff.

My hoes work for their pimp, not the pimpette.

You better come Sinz. I won't go to Sweeny Todd if you don't come to the fest >:|

I'll show up... when I show up. Which will probably be like at 11:00.

Apparently your bulky, manly posts compensate for Steven's small ***** posts.

64 IT IS!

Oh, that reminds me. I own SF64 and Smash, so no worries.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I almost forgot:
HAPPY 300TH NM THREAD!!!

By the way, sorry guys, no paintball :(

@Neil- Alright, 10 sounds good. I will bring two buddies or at least try to.
Are those two buddies good at smash?

I came. I saw. I voted. I came again, but more than Neil.

No offense, but Steven and I are WAY better than you and Neil at Brawl. Like... lots.

Usually I would be the one to call out "Johns!" However, I think you've stolen... whatever title that might've given me, Neil. I'll be playing a match and someone will say something and, clear across the room, you will scream "JOHNS!" Good stuff.

My hoes work for their pimp, not the pimpette.
I'll show up... when I show up. Which will probably be like at 11:00.

Apparently your bulky, manly posts compensate for Steven's small ***** posts.

64 IT IS!

Oh, that reminds me. I own SF64 and Smash, so no worries.
Bitch my balls are bigger than yours for sure. You may ask, why? Well I say, My balls are double the size of Jupiter, which scientists estimate to be approximately 4 Ganondorf Units. And since testicular size is directly proportional to sperm output, I win the argument. Period.
Now, to be based completely off of my own experience, I feel that Davis is indeed better than me in brawl. I also believe that Steven is also indeed better than me in brawl FOR GENERAL PURPOSES. For the last few tournaments I've competed in, I've placed higher than Steven (or I've beat Steven's DK and Kirby in a singles set). However I have yet to play his new and improved *********got named marth, so I'm going to assume once again that Steven is in fact better than me in brawl.
Damit I said I dropped the "johns" argument. Stop bringing it up.
You're the pimpette here in this relationship davis. Notice the size of my balls.
The earlier the better.
And yes, my posts are bulky, like my balls :)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Smash64 sounds great. I hope everyone is ready to get 5 stocked by my Fox.

Also, in my personal opinion, I think Davis is better than me at Brawl.

P.S. I went back and reanalzyed my playstyle in Melee. I'm getting a fresh start.

@Neil: Tell Cameron to come to the next smashfest so I can own him in smash64.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Davis-Thats a shame. Well either way it will be a good fest! :D

@Neil- Not on our level, but they would like to be. One is a Lucario/ Bowser and the other is a link mainer.

If there are tips to help their metagame, please help them. :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hmm. Well, I will reluctantly admit defeat in ball size, Neil. However, my **** is much larger and tastier than yours, and that's what matters. Dekar's is, too, so don't even think about it.

Really? Well congratulations, Neil. I haven't really played Steven's Marth, but I think it is still worse than his Donkey Kong from what I've seen. That was a sincere congratulation, by the way.

Haha, you're probably the best at Smash64, but I'll definitely try to beat you.
Thank you, Paul. You're good, though. I just wish Dedede didn't destroy Wolf so well.

Yes, tell Camera to come so I can own him in Smash64, too.

EDIT: Are they serious about getting good? Otherwise, I'd rather not waste my time.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Davis- Yes, they would like to get on our level. But I cant give much help on Link or Lucario.
I've been telling them to look at the boards, but they want to see how its done in person.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Understandable.

Link and Lucairo are not my forte, but I know how to use them rather well and some of the techniques. I know Paul is pretty good at the... I don't know what it's called. Doing the aerials into arrow cancels.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright. In that case I'll research and practice my Link and Lucairo.

I've been planning to become a living counter pick like D4BA anyways. I'll always main Wolf, but I want to effectively be able to use 90% of the cast. Pretty much anyone who isn't bottom tier.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Smash Bros. Brawl

1st - Dekar - 410 points
2nd - Ax - 285 points
3rd - Gekko - 200 points
5th - Camm - 155 points
5th - Ryu - 155 points
7th - Sinz - 150 points
8th - Blan - 130 points
Cool a non skill based rankings list. This is exactly what we need!

If only we had a skill based ranking ://////

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Neil: You forgot "No homo" at the end of your post, or did you?

@Davis: I need more experience vs Wolf. MOAR LUCAS/SONIC VS WOLF

@Paul: I'll play you in some smash 64. I'm not good but I'll play you in it.

I need to get my Sonic and Lucas better :(

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
Well, like I said, if you don't care about sponsorship, etc. ignore the list. If you want to do something with your Smash abilities, then here's something to work for. You can complain all you want, but this list is based on The Cure Gaming's Tournament Results. It is skilled based because it is based on the skills of the competitors who enter and how they place. Honestly, what use is skill if you don't use it in tournaments? You can be the best smash player in the world, but if you don't compete, it's meaningless to those who do. Like I said, this is for The Cure Gaming. We're starting player sponsorships soon and if you want to be a sponsored player sent to national events, then this is how to do it. If you've never been in the national gaming community, (and I don't mean a big Smash tourney, I mean the ones that happen at conventions with REAL sponsored players), then you should already know firsthand that the sponsors decide everything. If The Cure Gaming threw a $5000 Captain Falcon only tournament, would you still enter? yes, you would because it's worth it to deal with it. If you have a better way of how you want to do things, then be constructive. All I've heard is whining and complaining about things that show what kind of competitive community this is. There are some great players here with great attitudes, but there are also some negative attitudes as well. In reality, why do you care what our rankings are? If you don't want to be sponsored and you don't care about our opinions, then take it with a grain of salt, but as we get bigger, you will see us more and more.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Can do, Zman. Want tips from me when I play you?

See you there, Sinz!

Skill rankings list, huh? Here we go:

1. Sinz
2. AlphaBravo
3. Kashakunaki
4. GoldenGlove

And I don't know where after that.

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
Like I said, this ranking is based on tournament performance, our sponsors want concrete numbers for rankings. Not a made-up list to who we think is the best. We're not creating it to create one, it's informative for those who are interested in our sponsorship opportunities.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Cure, the thing is.

When you do a cash prize tournament, with a lower entry fee than 25$, you are more likely to attract more players, including the better players, and some of the worse ones.

For example, My NVGA tournament, and Davis's NM Mast tournament, didn't get nearly as good of a turn out as say the Anime club tournament. It was because of the entry fee. Plus, they both sucked :D

Don't get me wrong, I love sponsorship opportunities. I need one at the beginning of next summer if Dook can't hook me up.

Also, our whining is mostly online humor, you just gotta catch on.

EDIT: add me on msn, mine is iamsinz@gmail.com

Also, why does doubles get no love :(

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@Cure Gaming: Keep us updated on upcoming tournaments. Also, I have to agree with Sinz. Lower costs=more players. I didn't go to the intel tournament last weekend because it was too pricey.

The only sponsored tournament I've been to was the MidnightGaming Championships last year in Dallas.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yes please. I'm tired of losing in Brawl all the time. :/

And record our matches to so I can get critiques from the lucas and Sonic boards.
Ok. I'd rather that Xion bring his recording equipment (and didn't you get some, too, Everett?) because then it'll be directly captured rather than a shaky, unstable camcorder with us yelling. Though that can be fun some times.

Cure, the thing is.

When you do a cash prize tournament, with a lower entry fee than 25$, you are more likely to attract more players, including the better players, and some of the worse ones.

For example, My NVGA tournament, and Davis's NM Mast tournament, didn't get nearly as good of a turn out as say the Anime club tournament. It was because of the entry fee. Plus, they both sucked :D

Don't get me wrong, I love sponsorship opportunities. I need one at the beginning of next summer if Dook can't hook me up.

Also, our whining is mostly online humor, you just gotta catch on.

EDIT: add me on msn, mine is iamsinz@gmail.com

Also, why does doubles get no love :(
My tournament sucked so bad >.<
I tried.

@Cure Gaming: Keep us updated on upcoming tournaments. Also, I have to agree with Sinz. Lower costs=more players. I didn't go to the intel tournament last weekend because it was too pricey.

The only sponsored tournament I've been to was the MidnightGaming Championships last year in Dallas.
I'm still upset that Neil beat me. A good example of even though you win in friendlies (which I usually beat Neil in friendlies back then) doesn't mean squat when it comes to tournament.

Congratulations Neil.

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
You say that it's humor, but in reality, all I've heard is complaining rather than "When's the next tournament?" (There was Kasha, but that's it) We would love to do more cash tournaments, but until there are larger numbers attending events, that won't be readily possible.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok. I'd rather that Xion bring his recording equipment (and didn't you get some, too, Everett?) because then it'll be directly captured rather than a shaky, unstable camcorder with us yelling. Though that can be fun some times.
Just record it on a tape, I brought in my computer to a friend who said he would fix it up :/ It burned out a week or two ago, so I haven't been able to load up anything on that computer.

I might just reinstall everything onto the house computer.

Also Davis. I think that is actually a good list so far. Everything is just muddled in the mixture right now.

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
We didn't set the price for the LANFest, it was $30 at the door and that gave you unlimited entry to the event. All tournaments were free inside the doors. Plus, all money went to United Way, a charity organization.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh Charity events are cool.

Why didn't you guys advertise it like that? It is much better when you say it like that :D

Like I said, this ranking is based on tournament performance, our sponsors want concrete numbers for rankings. Not a made-up list to who we think is the best. We're not creating it to create one, it's informative for those who are interested in our sponsorship opportunities.
You don't get it dude...WE DO PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS!!!!! Stop saying we all simply claim that we're good and don't compete in tournament, because in fact we do, and we can back it up. We just don't enter tournaments where the price to enter is absolutely ludicrous and you don't even win cash. We play in all sorts of tournaments that you guys DON'T host, therefore your list will never be accurate because you hold such a small part of those tournaments and your prices scare us good players away. I've beaten Dekar mutlitple times in tournament(if you need to ask him), and so have all the other people I've mentioned, just not in YOUR specific tournament. If you were to be a little more reasonable with your pricing/prizes, then you know what? I won't say anything, but I know that a lot of people will not enter an insanely over-priced tournament for virtually nothing as a prize. You're therefore limiting how many people can enter the tournament and therefore you're limiting how many really good players you will find. To sum it all up...make your tournaments a bit more accessible.

EDIT: I just saw your other post about charity. That's a good cause, but like I mentioned earlier...most people STILL will not enter a tournament that is that overpriced. There are probably better ways to raise charity money that would raise a lot more too. Those of us who only want to enter one event(which is the majority) will not go. You should find some kind of happy medium. Like Sinz said, if you had advertised the tournament being about charity, then it might have worked better. Big might though, because people these days are rather stingy with money. Anyways, try to work something out with whoever set up the tournament. Individual pricing for all the events and a simple venue fee is a good idea, no?

But like Paul said, keep us updated on other tournaments you guys are hosting. But be aware that we may or may not go. I honestly do not have $30 to go to a tournament that I know will not be very big or competitive. Even if it goes to charity, I still don't make enough money to do that. See what I mean? Hopefully.

And Davis...I put you above me for a reason, but I've *nearly* beaten Steven several times in tournament(ask him if you feel you need to), and at the UNM one I placed higher than you and Steven both. The guy who beat Steven I beat, but the guy who beat you Davis I lost to(Paul!), so I don't know where I rank with you. But I know for a fact that I'm getting closer to Steven. Also, that rank list was based on the placement of the last few tournaments. Therefore you are not WAAAAAAAY better than me. Sorry, I just had to point that out.

OK...I think I'm done ranting in here. Man...I've been on a streak of irritation the last few days...probably from dealing with noobs in the stage discussion threads and too much homework. Sorry if I offend anybody, but this entire post contains nothing but the truth in it. Take it how you will.

The Cure Gaming

Smash Rookie
First, $30 is not overpriced for a LAN Event. How much was the NVGA SuperCon? $20? How much are other lans? About $30. Since you don't understand the concept of sponsorship and event management, here's the breakdown. Sponsors>Organizers>Event>each division(pc & console) > each individual tournament. It costs money to run events. Money doesn't magically appear. Hence prices for entrance. The event was almost sold-out at it's current price. Obviously, it is NOT inaccessible. If you cannot afford $30 to compete, then that is your personal financial situation. What was the price at the DMD tournament? $10. Our normal tournaments are $10, the should always be. See the difference, this isn't a trend, it's a special situation. No, we cannot do special pricing, no we cannot do specials prizes. It was their way or the highway, and that was the last word. We did NOT choose to have prizing as it was, we did not choose to have prices as they were. 1st and 2nd place got over $100 worth of stuff. Not to mention all the other raffles, etc. that were available to everyone who attended. Some people won over $1000 in raffle prizes. Does it sound overpriced now?

Second, how many tournaments have happened in Albuquerque in the last 3 months? Besides ours, since they're a small percentage.........

We are fully aware that you may or may not go, but you also need to be fully aware that our rankings are based on our tournaments that we organize and we derive sponsorships from that. We're not hiding that fact. It is being well known. Only entering tournaments that you deem "accessible" is your personal choice.

The tournament was well known to be for charity. I brought you all the information and forwarded you all to the lanfest.intel.com website where it is all over the place. If you didn't go there to look, that is your personal choice because you chose to assume.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You say that it's humor, but in reality, all I've heard is complaining rather than "When's the next tournament?" (There was Kasha, but that's it) We would love to do more cash tournaments, but until there are larger numbers attending events, that won't be readily possible.
:] Yep. I'm interested.

Just record it on a tape, I brought in my computer to a friend who said he would fix it up :/ It burned out a week or two ago, so I haven't been able to load up anything on that computer.

I might just reinstall everything onto the house computer.

Also Davis. I think that is actually a good list so far. Everything is just muddled in the mixture right now.
That sucks. Sorry to hear it.
We'll figure something out.

You don't get it dude...WE DO PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS!!!!! Stop saying we all simply claim that we're good and don't compete in tournament, because in fact we do, and we can back it up. We just don't enter tournaments where the price to enter is absolutely ludicrous and you don't even win cash. We play in all sorts of tournaments that you guys DON'T host, therefore your list will never be accurate because you hold such a small part of those tournaments and your prices scare us good players away. I've beaten Dekar mutlitple times in tournament(if you need to ask him), and so have all the other people I've mentioned, just not in YOUR specific tournament. If you were to be a little more reasonable with your pricing/prizes, then you know what? I won't say anything, but I know that a lot of people will not enter an insanely over-priced tournament for virtually nothing as a prize. You're therefore limiting how many people can enter the tournament and therefore you're limiting how many really good players you will find. To sum it all up...make your tournaments a bit more accessible.

EDIT: I just saw your other post about charity. That's a good cause, but like I mentioned earlier...most people STILL will not enter a tournament that is that overpriced. Those of us who only want to enter one event(which is the majority) will not go. You should find some kind of happy medium. Like Sinz said, if you had advertised the tournament being about charity, then it might have worked better. Big might though, because people these days are rather stingy with money. Anyways, try to work something out with whoever set up the tournament. Individual pricing for all the events and a simple venue fee is a good idea, no?

But like Paul said, keep us updated on other tournaments you guys are hosting. But be aware that we may or may not go. I honestly do not have $30 to go to a tournament that I know will not be very big or competitive. Even if it goes to charity, I still don't make enough money to do that. See what I mean? Hopefully.

And Davis...I put you above me for a reason, but I've *nearly* beaten Steven several times in tournament(ask him if you feel you need to), and at the UNM one I placed higher than you and Steven both. The guy who beat Steven I beat, but the guy who beat you Davis I lost to(Paul!), so I don't know where I rank with you. But I know for a fact that I'm getting closer to Steven. Also, that rank list was based on the placement of the last few tournaments. Therefore you are not WAAAAAAAY better than me. Sorry, I just had to point that out.

OK...I think I'm done ranting in here. Man...I've been on a streak of irritation the last few days...probably from dealing with noobs in the stage discussion threads and too much homework. Sorry if I offend anybody, but this entire post contains nothing but the truth in it. Take it how you will.
I think you need to relax. Take a chill pill. Watch some TV.

Also, that was one tournament. Now if you can excuse my momentary hypocrisy, I'd like to point out (and no offense to anyone I respect you all as my friends and great players) that not only did I place higher than Steven, Neil, and Paul in AZ12Step, but I took out Steven and Neil. I also, at the UNM tournament, beat Steven 2-0 in a MM after the tournament and... well, screw it. I'll say it anyways. I barely lost to Steven AND Paul in the tournament. With that out of the way *puts up his Johns shield* they were good games and they won fair and square.

I'm not trying to say you suck, Erich. I'm also probably sounding like an arrogant *******, but I speak my mind. That's just my personality, and I believe I am better than you. You wouldn't do a money match with me at the UNM anime tournament, but how about one now?

Top Bottom