• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
@victor i was definitely looking at that con or whatever but i'll be hanging out with people in socorro that weekend. but, if things happen around here like fests and such or whatever other small tournaments i should be good to go

@ken good to see ya :D NM doesn't really do OoS stuff anymore and i won't really be pushing about it because commencement is around that time, plus i'm kinda broke :shiro:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Hey Wretched, I think there are at least one or two smashers in Santa Fe, but they're not too active. Good news is that Sante Fe is only about an hour away and our scene is a bit better. If you play melee we have two or three very high caliber players and a few others that are getting there. As far as Brawl goes, we have a few good players here too but the scene is pretty dead. Tekkie and Napos would know better, but I don't think too much happens, but I'm sure if you're really adamant you could definitely get some decent players together.
Our biggest scene, currently, is probably Project M, we have a few good players in it and a lot of newer players getting into smash just from that game.
So I suppose it all depends on what you play. Any big events that go down definitely have facebook events, but usually we just hold fests or whatever, and the occasional tournament. Like I said, though, if you've got the spirit, we could probably start doing a lot more stuff around here. Ever since Melee got into evo, the scene is a bit more alive. Add me on fb too:
www.facebook.com/wraith55
That's unfortunate. Until I get on my feet, I probably won't be able to get to Santa Fe for a fest or tournament. I play Melee. I haven't had a chance to touch Project M since the newer fixes, but I'm sure I'll like it just fine.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Dude our melee scene is actually growing for the first time in a couple of years so there is hope yet. Definitely get in contact once you're a little established and you feel like playing, we'll probably have some sort of fest or tournament.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Get your melee scene out to UT for that tourney ;)
I will definitely consider it. You may have landed your tournament in the middle of finals week though.

EDIT: Right before finals week. I'm not sure I'll have to double check though.

Napos

Smash Ace
Tight.

I'm going for sure, driving some westside peeps there. I wonder what prizes await. Don't go Walker I want to win.(But go so I can play you)

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
its an hour+ away though and I don't have a car. Maybe someday...
Take the Rail Runner. It's the best public transportation between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You can find the schedule here and prices here. If you're currently a student, then you should receive discounted fares. We'll gladly pick you up and drop you off at the station.

My name's Neil. I'm never on Facebook, so just call or text me at (505) 400 - 9215.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I came here specifically expecting something neat for April Fools day.

No amount of words can express my disappointment. Goodbye swf, you were fun while you lasted, but you're dead to me now

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I came here specifically expecting something neat for April Fools day.

No amount of words can express my disappointment. Goodbye swf, you were fun while you lasted, but you're dead to me now
Were you upset they didn't do enough or did the joke offend you? All they did was the tier list reversal/turbo mode for project M right?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I refuse to take the railrunner. I'll see you all in 3 months when I have a car. I'LL JUST PLAY CHESS for now

Napos

Smash Ace
Watch me be the only ***** to attend that con just for the brawl tournament

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yes! New melee player to play against? ... in 3 months... whelp, see you all till then.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Aw, no love for me? Light? The original AZ peach player. So sad. :(

And no Silly Kyle, but I am planning on going to EVO.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Hello, New Mexico. I need smash in my life, so to anyone in Albuquerque or somewhere within reasonable proximity to Santa Fe, make the drive and come play some games? I main Falco and my tech skill is dying. I can't even double shine anymore. D:

I will make it worth the trip:
-I will make or buy you food, whatever you prefer. I've been cooking since I was young and I'm the bomb at it. Or we can just go somewhere and I'll buy you a meal. I think that's fair if you make the trip, considering the gas.
-$10 MM
- I will smash brothers thoroughly with you. For as little or as long as you want. I am only working 2-3 days a week right now, and I pretty much choose them, so we can play any day from as early to as late as is convenient for you.
-If you REALLY don't want to drive back late, I can house you 'til the morning, no problem. I have a completely unused bed that you can sleep on.
-During this entire occasion, if you partake, we will smoke lots.
-You get to meet Wretcheeeeeed yay

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey New Mexico,

Just checking if anyone is interested in coming to that tournament in Utah I mentioned awhile ago. M2K is no longer coming, so the huge pot is up for grabs for any local/regional player that thinks they have what it takes. Up to $250 pot bonus on top of the pot is quite a bit of money.

And just a reminder, there's Brawl and Melee, as well as LoL, Street Fighter, Halo, Marvel, Persona, Mortal Combat, Soul Caliber, and StarCraft (A bunch of those games getting big names out for it too, like Justin Wong and Chris G, for example). And the pot bonus for both brawl and melee is guaranteed at $150 per game and can go up to $250 if we get 32 entrants pre-registered by the end of April. The tournament is on May 11th, hopefully at least some of you will be able to make it.

Top Bottom